Gamer mom/dad thread

Congrats Javery! :applause:

I've enjoyed reading this thread. It's nice always to know that there are others out there who feel your pain.
I adore my 19 month old son. He can turn a crappy day into the best day ever in a matter of seconds.
I play a little when he's around but mostly things like Super Stardust HD, Plants vs Zombies or racing games.
I keep the blood and guts to zero. Of course he mainly thinks the PS3 is a Yo Gabba Gabba machine (Netflix streaming), which is fine.
Side-note: Gabba is one of the more bearable kid shows IMHO; def. written with the adults in mind, for those curious.
Once he's in bed around 830, I game anywhere from 830/9 to 11-ish. My wife is very understanding when it comes to my gaming habit.
I feel pretty lucky in that respect but I do want/try to do things with her so I only end up gaming about 2 or 3 nights during the week.

As far as diapers go, we use disposable Huggies. We use coupons like nobody's business. I also cruise the baby clearance aisle in Target. Just a couple of weeks ago, I picked up 60 Huggies jean diapers for $11 after being clearanced and using a $2 off coupon.
Using cloth diapers sounds cool but I'm not sure how'd that work since he goes to daycare during the week or how we'd manage to get anything done. My son already goes through a ton of clothes during the week (he's a messy eater...hand feeding himself yogurt...you get the picture, plus he's a boy...they're supposed to be dirty).

Congrats Javery! We had it confirmed by the doctors office last week that we are having a second child. 6 weeks so far! We're going by the don't tell others for 12 weeks. My wife broke down and told her mom, but I'm trying to be good. Because, once told to one; everyone will know.

Amazon has the best deal for wipes, formula and diapers. Costco is pretty sweet, too, though. Get with the Subscribe and Save plans for diapers on Amazon.

I'm still a year or two away from my son having any interest in games. He does love some tv, though!

He busted me to my wife over the weekend, though. My nephew and I were playing Zombies in Black Ops, and my son ran upstairs and told our wives that we were "playing a game with shooters" and "killing people". I didn't think he was watching us.

I actually got to play and finish Bulletstorm over Labor Day (the family went to Michigan). I stayed home to work on some "projects".

I miss the 2-3 hour naps, when I'd get some serious game time in. Lucky to have an hour a night now. You can't finish Fallout: New Vegas with so little time.

Congratz Javery. I have my third due in December. (And final child I hope)

Nothing more fun than a three year old little girl who spends the day crying because:
1. Her sock is missing! (You took it off, it's right there)
2. The top dishwasher rack is empty. (?)
3. She can't have "anober cooookie".

Congrats, Javery.
Just reading this thread now as we are starting to try and have our first kid. No luck yet and it's been 2 months. I'm not worried yet, but it's driving my wife crazy. This is the most stressed she's been in a long time.

Thanks everyone! Congrats to jbuck and eldergamer too! Babies rule!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Just reading this thread now as we are starting to try and have our first kid. No luck yet and it's been 2 months. I'm not worried yet, but it's driving my wife crazy. This is the most stressed she's been in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Trying is like 50% of the fun so just keep at it. OK, I'm lying - it's 100% of the fun for us. I have to remind myself that the 9 months are on her and they aren't easy. I swear with the first 3 pregnancies (2 kids) we knocked that shit out on the first try (boo!). This time it was hard and frustrating and stressful but damn we were doing it all the time... so I had that going for me, which was nice.

The operative word is "had".

Top 3 shows in our house:

1) Fresh Beat Band
2) Bubble Guppies
3) Yo Gabba Gabba (looking for a DJ Lance costume for Halloween)

My inlaws record a Japanese show called Okasan to Isho (With Mother) and send it to us on Blu Ray. My daughter loves it and it's a great way to expose her to Japanese. It has some really good songs.

I'm just starting to appreciate the differance between good kid shows and crappy kid shows. I was watching some show called "The Wiggles" and wow is that bad.

Nice thread.

We have a 13 month old and a 6 week old. The 13 month old just started walking and is a ball of pure energy so there is little to no time for gaming. My PS3 has become a really expensive CD player and Baby Sign Language DVD player (which is really cool by the way. Evie knows about 30 signs and can communicate with us basic needs already at only 13 months).

I can count the number of times I have sat down and played a game this year on 3 fingers. But it's all worth it. They are amazing kids and seeing the 13 month old start to become a little person is beyond cool.

Evie is the 13 month old. Lila is the 6 weeker:

[quote name='Javery']I might as well post here since I can't tell anyone I know yet but I just found out last night that I'm going to be a dad - again! I'm so excited - we had been trying for a while and it is good to know my boys can still swim. She is only 4 weeks along and I'm going to be nervous the entire time but nevertheless this is really awesome news for us. I just pray everything goes OK.[/QUOTE]

FUUUU.jpg

Seriously though, huge congrats. Also, I can't believe your youngest is 4 already. I remember when you were posting about him just being born and shit. Man, time flies.

Edit: Shit, just read through the rest of the thread and everyone else is having kids too! WTF

Congrats jbuck, eldergamer, and scsg!

My son does not like diapers with the wetness indicator. If we don't change him right away while he's wearing either the Pampers or the Huggies, he starts to cry like he's in pain. We switched back to the diapers without the wetness indicator and he seems fine. We will have to ask the pediatrician what she thinks.

Hopefully it's not due to the crazy litmus acid burning his little weenis.

I keep hoping that each new pack of Nightime Pull-ups ordered from Amazon will be the last, but they keep on getting delivered (out of necessity, not due to forgetting to cancel). The boy is such a heavy sleeper that he won't rouse himself to get up and piss. Maybe this fall we'll start trying the underwear at night routine. Not looking forward to changing the sheets at 2AM, but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Subscribing. I have two boys - one turned 4 in May, and the other will be 1 in 8 days. I play Toy Story 3 on the PS3 with the older one, and various NES games sometimes (he's actually gotten pretty decent at Excitebike, and sometimes my wife joins us for 3-player Gauntlet 2 using the 4-score. Old school FTW).

He also has a Leapfrog Leapster. Although he hasn't been allowed to play any video games recently because he keeps sneaking out of his room at night or in the morning before he's allowed to get up (currently 7:15).

We also try to enforce a rule that he has to have equal time reading books to games, which of course means us reading to/with him right now, but will make more sense as he learns to read.

I have a 16 yr old boy and a 13 year old girl... playing through the single player campaign of Resistance 3 with my boy an hour at a time (when the homework is done, of course).

[quote name='shieryda']Hopefully it's not due to the crazy litmus acid burning his little weenis.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hope not. Though it's probably something related. Like I said, he's been fine with the regular ones, so something's definitely up with those wetness indicators.

[quote name='encendido5']Yeah, I hope not. Though it's probably something related. Like I said, he's been fine with the regular ones, so something's definitely up with those wetness indicators.[/QUOTE]
We were using those new DryMax Pampers for a short while but they seemed to be irritating our son's skin. We switched to Huggies Little Movers and we never had that issue again.

So my wife just got her test results back and everything looks OK! She is at 14 weeks so starting the second trimester. They ran a bunch of additional tests since she is over 35 now and there is a higher risk of chromosomal abnormalities, etc. Based on the results and as far as I understand there is like a 97% chance of having a healthy baby at this point based on available information. She could opt to have an "amnio" performed so we could basically be 100% sure there is nothing wrong BUT there is a 0.5% chance that having the amnio itself will cause a miscarriage. I don't think she is going to have the amnio (she didn't with our other kids) but it would be really nice to have peace of mind on this.

Any thoughts? What would you do? Either way, I feel a bit relieved now...

[quote name='Javery']
Any thoughts? What would you do? Either way, I feel a bit relieved now...[/QUOTE]

That's great news! If they do find something with the amnio, will they be able to do anything about it?
Our doctor asked us if we wanted to have additional tests done to find out what, if any, diseases the baby might have. We opted not to go through with them because we figured we were going to love the baby no matter what and there wasn't anything they could do at that point anyway.

[quote name='Javery']So my wife just got her test results back and everything looks OK! She is at 14 weeks so starting the second trimester. They ran a bunch of additional tests since she is over 35 now and there is a higher risk of chromosomal abnormalities, etc. Based on the results and as far as I understand there is like a 97% chance of having a healthy baby at this point based on available information. She could opt to have an "amnio" performed so we could basically be 100% sure there is nothing wrong BUT there is a 0.5% chance that having the amnio itself will cause a miscarriage. I don't think she is going to have the amnio (she didn't with our other kids) but it would be really nice to have peace of mind on this.

Any thoughts? What would you do? Either way, I feel a bit relieved now...[/QUOTE]

Your wife isn't far off from mine. She's 19 weeks this Saturday. Just found out it's going to be a girl.

[quote name='encendido5']That's great news! If they do find something with the amnio, will they be able to do anything about it?
Our doctor asked us if we wanted to have additional tests done to find out what, if any, diseases the baby might have. We opted not to go through with them because we figured we were going to love the baby no matter what and there wasn't anything they could do at that point anyway.[/QUOTE]

That's the $1,000,000 question and we don't know the answer yet.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Your wife isn't far off from mine. She's 19 weeks this Saturday. Just found out it's going to be a girl.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Girls rule.

Congrats on the girl Anexanhume.

Were at 14 weeks.

Javery: I don't know enough about the amnio. Luckily my wife is 32 and not required to have one yet. The test results sound positive, so skip it. Sounds like you'll have a healthy baby!

Hey folks, joining in the conversation here as well. I've got two little ones, son is 3 1/2 and daughter turned 2 today. They have a lot of fun with the Kinect (Kinectimals and Kinect Sports...One Upon a Monster will be one of their xmas gifts) and World of Goo (iPad version). That's the extent of their gaming for now. I keep anything more violent than throwing snowballs at kittens off until they're asleep.

It's always tough to squeeze gaming in between work, running a household, and raising kids...oh, and don't forget couple time with the wife. Depending on how tired she is, game time doesn't start from anywhere around 10pm - midnight and runs until whenever I get tired and can't keep my eyes open any longer. This is the one hobby of mine I can do at any time of day or night without disrupting the family which I'm thankful for. You give up a lot to have a family, but like I tell my wife, this is how I maintain my sanity.

[quote name='shieryda']
I keep hoping that each new pack of Nightime Pull-ups ordered from Amazon will be the last, but they keep on getting delivered (out of necessity, not due to forgetting to cancel). The boy is such a heavy sleeper that he won't rouse himself to get up and piss. Maybe this fall we'll start trying the underwear at night routine. Not looking forward to changing the sheets at 2AM, but it's bound to happen sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

shieryda, it'll happen, don't worry. What worked for us was making potty time happen on a schedule. I will qualify that with the statement that my son was *super* easy to potty train. Having said that, we would always make sure he went 1. On waking in the morning, 2. Right after lunch before nap time, 3. Right before brushing teeth on the way to bed. I think we only had one incident with wetting the bed total. Just make sure his tank is empty before going to bed so the chance of an accidents is reduced. :)

Oh, and props for your recommendation on Yo Gabba Gabba! I've seen you mention that in the Chicago thread before and my kids are both hooked on that show now. They (and I) love the music and once you get past how trippy it seems at first, the characters are great and the topics on the show are really relevant to what they've been dealing with as toddlers (biting, being afraid, trying new foods, etc...)

Javery: Congrats on your wife's pregnancy. The anticipation of a new baby is always exciting, although the work that comes afterwards can be stressful it's well worth it. Get ready for even less free time :D

Anexanhume: A girl on the way? Congrats and my consolences. Get ready to hear the word "No" all the time! I love my daughter but her well earned nickname is "Bossy Bessie" with the amount of "No, I do it" I get from her all the time. She must get it from her mom :roll:

[quote name='mzbagel']Javery: Congrats on your wife's pregnancy. The anticipation of a new baby is always exciting, although the work that comes afterwards can be stressful it's well worth it. Get ready for even less free time :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I can't imagine less free time than I currently have with 2 kids already. It is a scary thought but I am super excited. I'd even have another 1 or 2 more if my wife was up for it. I basically live for the kids.

So I was playing Epic Mickey yesterday and my daughter (16 months) was in the room. I never play games with her around but I got this in the mail and wanted to see if it worked so I popped it in for a sec. She immediately recognized him pointing at the screen and said "Miiiiiiiii." She can't say Mickey yet but she was glued to the TV. I played for a few more minutes then turned it off. She cried a little wanting to see more. Do I finally have a video game I can play with her around?

[quote name='Javery']Any thoughts? What would you do? Either way, I feel a bit relieved now...[/QUOTE]

An amnio is a risky procedure. We have some friends who had an amnio performed and ended up having to have an emergency C-section around 27 weeks. Their baby was just over a pound. He just came home after almost four months in the NICU. Now, there's no guarantee that was related to the amnio, but as far as I know, they have no other risk factors that would have led to that.

[quote name='encendido5']That's great news! If they do find something with the amnio, will they be able to do anything about it?
Our doctor asked us if we wanted to have additional tests done to find out what, if any, diseases the baby might have. We opted not to go through with them because we figured we were going to love the baby no matter what and there wasn't anything they could do at that point anyway.[/QUOTE]

We have an almost five-month old and did the same. If we had opted for an amnio and it had indicated our baby might have Down syndrome, there's nothing we could have done about it in utero, so there was no point in getting worried about it. Plus, like encendido5 said, we were going to love the baby no matter what.

just an fyi
Babies R Us on black friday is a must for anyone with a baby

Diapers and wipes are on super sale.
I think $5 /box
Decent quality too.

My son is out of them FINALLY!

I have a 4 yr old son and a 7 yr old daughter.

7 yr old likes the more odd games. puzzles and such.
4 yr old is picky. Doesn't so much like to play as watch daddy play.
He LOVED costume quest.

Both of old GBA's so they get their fix of mario and such on long car rides and vacation time.
They also have a copy of golden sun incase the 7 yr old wants to try something different, so far no interest, too much reading

Have a 15 month old boy here. He loves to grab the controller and tinker with it so we have a spare just for him. He also is drawn to the xbox 360 power button.... Doh!

I don't get much play time anymore as I take care of him during the day, and I work evenings into the late night after my girl gets home from classes. I usually get time after work to play for an hour or two, and if he naps during the day I can sneak in an extra 20 minutes up to 2 hours. We do watch a lot of netflix (yo gabba gabba, sesame street, etc) in between playing with blocks, cars and kicking his soccer ball around.

While I do miss getting lost in a game for hours at a time, spending time with my son is much cooler. Besides, he saves me from spending too much money on this site on games that I will possibly never get around to playing. I've traded or sold most of my backlog realizing I will never play half of those games to begin with, as well as cleaned out my closet of most of my old systems that didn't get much play anyway. I cant pull the trigger on getting rid of my dreamcast or snes though. It's just not gonna happen... Lol.

I normally get diapers at Sams Club and we alternate between Luvs and Huggies. I may have to give Amazon a shot if there's so many of you that give it the thumbs up.

My mom was 41 when she had me back in the mid 70s (have a sis 18 years older and one 12 years older than me). They did all sorts of wild tests from what she said - U/S and amnio were still pretty new things then too. I managed to turn out mostly ok!

I'm back to actually being a gamer dad - logged some serious hours into Torchlight the past few weeks. Will likely pick up MW3 this weekend (think I'll do the Toys-r-us deal since we have some store credit and can always use more) but I'm not even gonna try and pretend I'm the gamer I was when I was playing MW1 and 2...

I've got a 4 year old and a 1 year old(two is plenty!). They both love playing Kinect with me and they're both completely entranced by any racing games so I get asked to play Forza 4 a lot. Being boys, I get that luxury.

I play the harder stuff only when I'm sure they're asleep. Luckily my wife will sit on the couch with me and play her DS, so there's never any fighting about me playing too much.

I've managed to strike that balance, but my backlog gets insane if I get stuck on a game, as I did with L.A. Noire, Forza 4 and Fable III. I played each of those games for at least a month straight.

Ugh. It's always something with these damn kids. My daughter just had her yearly check-up and the doctor is a bit concerned over her lack of growth. She was in the 75th percentile when she was a baby then moving to 50th as a toddler to 20th last year to 10th this year. She has to get a bone x-ray so they can determine if her body is not producing enough growth hormones. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about (this stuff didn't exist 20 years ago and people just ended up being short) but better safe than sorry - I am still worried though. If she does have the deficiency they can treat her so she will continue to grow at a "normal" pace but I'd rather everything just be OK.

We went through something similar with our youngest. When he was first born, all of his growth patterns were in the 90 percentile. Then he kinda stopped growing. His height is in the 60's, his head size is in the 60's, but his weight is in the 12's. We took him to the doctor and she said he's healthy, normal and happy, but just tiny. My wife and I were skinny kids too, so hopefully this is all your daughter is going through.

I wish you luck!

[quote name='Javery']Ugh. It's always something with these damn kids. My daughter just had her yearly check-up and the doctor is a bit concerned over her lack of growth. She was in the 75th percentile when she was a baby then moving to 50th as a toddler to 20th last year to 10th this year. She has to get a bone x-ray so they can determine if her body is not producing enough growth hormones. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about (this stuff didn't exist 20 years ago and people just ended up being short) but better safe than sorry - I am still worried though. If she does have the deficiency they can treat her so she will continue to grow at a "normal" pace but I'd rather everything just be OK.[/QUOTE]

My daughter, she is four now, had to have a CAT scan done when she was two because the doctor thought her head was too big. She was always in the top 90 percentile and in head size I believe actually off the chart. That CAT scan was freaky as hell, they had to knock her out so she had an IV in and everything. Turns out there was nothing wrong with her, she is just tall and with that comes a big head (like her mom ;)). I guess since I replied to that I will enter this thread as well.

I have two kids, a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 7. Then both play some games, DS stuff and Kinect games. My son loves the dancing games while my daughter plays for about 5 minutes and then is done. Lately they have both become very interested in the LeapFrogs we bought them, thanks Best Buy for the stupid TIVs. I try to avoid playing games around them but at the same time I think they can handle it. They have seen Call of Duty but at the same time they know some stuff about guns. Their uncle is in the Army and the rest of my family has always had guns around. My kids know that it is a game and have never said anything about shooting someone in real life. If anything Spongebob is worse, they have learned more bad stuff from that show then any of my games.

[quote name='Javery']Ugh. It's always something with these damn kids. My daughter just had her yearly check-up and the doctor is a bit concerned over her lack of growth. She was in the 75th percentile when she was a baby then moving to 50th as a toddler to 20th last year to 10th this year. She has to get a bone x-ray so they can determine if her body is not producing enough growth hormones. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about (this stuff didn't exist 20 years ago and people just ended up being short) but better safe than sorry - I am still worried though. If she does have the deficiency they can treat her so she will continue to grow at a "normal" pace but I'd rather everything just be OK.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes kids are just skinny and tiny too. My nearly 4 year old can still wear 2T-3T clothes sometimes. Last time her weight wasn't even on the chart. Doctor said as logn as she's putting on weight is what mattered.

Constantly running or skipping everyhwere probably doesnt give her time to pack on the pounds.

As far as growth chart stuff, HUGELY overrated IMO. Both of my kids were born average weight and height. Son lost too much weight after birth becaue he wasn't nursing well, but beyond that, always 10-15 percentile for h/w. Then he started to grow more. Still 25 for weight, but he's 60-70 for height I think. I've never seen a child spend more energy throughout the course of the day. No wonder.

Our pediatrician said my daughter needed to be on protein supplements and all this nonsense. My wife was rather concerned, but I basically said the witch doctor can eat my ass. I'm lean and slightly above average height. My wife is thin and tall. Just maybe our genes are the reason why the kids are in the lower percentiles for weight?

Fast forward several months and now my daughter is 70+ percentile for height, 50 for weight, and both are healthy, happy, and hilarious kids.

Love playing games with my son, especialy Lego. He picks them up fast, and it gives us something to threaten to take away for behavior. The daughter has more fun holding another controller while we play for 5 minutes, then wanders off and does something else. Not as drawn to games as the boy. Probably some social conditioning at play with the boy wanting to be like dad more than the girl. Dunno.

Kids can just be wildly different. My best friend has a 13 month old daughter who is in 24M/2T clothes and is very high percentile for height and weight for her age. But the weight to height ratio is normal. My best friend said that she was exactly the same at that age. Seems like it's in her family genetics that they grow quickly as babies and toddlers, but then level out to normal size. I think my friend is 5'3". But she says it gets on the nerves of some of her friends with babies of similar age, who think that they're doing something wrong because her daughter is growing so fast. But it's just that everyone's different and that's ok. Obviously there can be serious problems, but a lot of times people and even doctors seem to worry about nothing.

My 4-year-old has recently become infatuated with Zombie Farm and Rimeland on the iPad. I've been playing them for a couple months on my own, but he loves to sit with me and watch now. Pretty funny to see him get all excited when the zombies are "hungry" (the brains appear above their heads) or yell "Get them!" when I shoot enemies with my "sleep darts" in Rimeland.

Still buying Pull-Ups for nighttime, though. Trying really hard to limit the liquid intake after dinner, but it's so hard when he's begging "Please, just a little bit of ice water?" Then, we play a game with all of his "buddies" (stuffed animals) where they each have to have some pretend ice from his cup. The game can last 10 minutes, if I don't take the cup away and insist that it's bedtime.

I usually play about 20 minutes of Animal Crossing on the Wii every morning with my cup of coffee. My 1 year old daughter has gotten to like it too. She claps every time I catch a fish or dig something up. She calls one of the neighbor horses "Mooo" every time she sees him. This morning she picked up the game case handing it to me insinuating she wants me to play. Do I have a future gamer on my hands?

Don't believe that BS that predicts your final height based on your toddler height. According to those, I should've been 5'8". I'm 6'4". On a side note first-time expectant father here, 6 1/2 weeks in, at the moment. It felt like a damn miracle that we finally got pregnant. I've got my own problems (not physical, but not really going to go into it), and my wife has PCOS, because of a weight problem. We've been trying for about a year and a half, but started using ovulation tests, recently, because we found out about a test that isn't fooled into false positives by PCOS. Well, we had a positive (around 24 days in, which is really really late in her cycle according to her), and we found out recently we were pregnant, though, oddly enough, the start date was not her ovulation date. Now, to just make it to 13 or so week point (end of first trimester). Also on the 16th we'll be doing our first ultrasound.

[quote name='Gden']Don't believe that BS that predicts your final height based on your toddler height. According to those, I should've been 5'8". I'm 6'4". On a side note first-time expectant father here, 6 1/2 weeks in, at the moment. It felt like a damn miracle that we finally got pregnant. I've got my own problems (not physical, but not really going to go into it), and my wife has PCOS, because of a weight problem. We've been trying for about a year and a half, but started using ovulation tests, recently, because we found out about a test that isn't fooled into false positives by PCOS. Well, we had a positive (around 24 days in, which is really really late in her cycle according to her), and we found out recently we were pregnant, though, oddly enough, the start date was not her ovulation date. Now, to just make it to 13 or so week point (end of first trimester). Also on the 16th we'll be doing our first ultrasound.[/QUOTE]

Congrats man! The first ultrasound is amazing. I couldn't believe that little bean was a new life.

[quote name='Gden']Don't believe that BS that predicts your final height based on your toddler height. According to those, I should've been 5'8". I'm 6'4". On a side note first-time expectant father here, 6 1/2 weeks in, at the moment. It felt like a damn miracle that we finally got pregnant. I've got my own problems (not physical, but not really going to go into it), and my wife has PCOS, because of a weight problem. We've been trying for about a year and a half, but started using ovulation tests, recently, because we found out about a test that isn't fooled into false positives by PCOS. Well, we had a positive (around 24 days in, which is really really late in her cycle according to her), and we found out recently we were pregnant, though, oddly enough, the start date was not her ovulation date. Now, to just make it to 13 or so week point (end of first trimester). Also on the 16th we'll be doing our first ultrasound.[/QUOTE]
I was supposed to be 5'4". I'm 5'.5". :(

Just had the 14 week ultrasound, and found out the sex (sorry for late update, got out of the first trimester with no problem). We're having a very healthy, and active bouncing baby boy.

Woo hoo! We are also still moving along nicely - 24 weeks or so. We did not find out the sex. The due date is in early May so we are headed into the 3rd trimester soon. It is still stressful but less than it was earlier in the process. My wife is tired and I think she's already ready to pop this kid out.

That's awesome Javery! Not many people around here wait to find out the sex of the baby. Everybody at the hospital was surprised we still didn't know what the baby was going to be.

My son got a double ear infection last week. He was pretty miserable, which in turn means we were pretty miserable. It was heartbreaking to see him go through it, especially since he's usually a happy baby.

[quote name='encendido5']That's awesome Javery! Not many people around here wait to find out the sex of the baby. Everybody at the hospital was surprised we still didn't know what the baby was going to be.

My son got a double ear infection last week. He was pretty miserable, which in turn means we were pretty miserable. It was heartbreaking to see him go through it, especially since he's usually a happy baby.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Ear infections are the worst. You feel so bad for the little buggers.

We didn't find out the sex of any of our kids until they were born - I don't care but my wife likes the surprise and I just go with whatever she wants. It's a surprise if we find out now and it's a surprise if we find out later - either way we are covered since we have a boy and a girl already.

Tomorrow is the 6 month checkup. I guess I'm going to be nervous until the baby is sleeping in my arms but I'm finally starting to feel like it's actually going to happen!

bread's done
Back