GamersGate Thread: (Moved to the Steam+ Deals Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)

Closing this thread. Future deals will be posted in the Steam+ Deals Thread.

New thread here.
________________________________________________________________________________

*List of games on sale sorted by discount.
All Steam Origin Uplay DRM Free

[There are currently no known available vouchers, credits, promos, codes, etc. that can be manually applied to purchases.]

Note: Be sure to check DRM prior to purchase. It will typically be listed to the right of the description, just above the System Requirements. There are several instances where games may vary in DRM type even within the same bundle. You have been warned.

GamersGate on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Last edited by a moderator:
So no one got in on it before they ran out of keys to let us know if it works for both the game and season pass?

I bought in and I'm willing to wait to see what happens...I never get in on glitches.

So no one got in on it before they ran out of keys to let us know if it works for both the game and season pass?

I bought in and I'm willing to wait to see what happens...I never get in on glitches.
I bought and having experienced Bethpocalypse 2012, I redeemed and activated my key immediately and can confirm motoki's confirmation; game + season pass.

Jeebus, I know you're busy and all making the blind see and turning water into wine not to mention being omniscient, but Motoki mentioned a few posts back that it includes both...

Yes I got it and yes it's the base and Season Pass. I activated immediately. I know GG and no way in hell I trust them enough with a mistake to hold onto those keys.

Apparently though if you already reveal the key but didn't use it, it should still work. Also if you gift it to yourself but don't reveal that may work, if the Beth incident is any indicator.

What you don't want to do with one of their mistakes is buy it and just leave it unrevealed, but if you already grabbed the key but didn't activate I don't think they will yank it.

I was blind but now I see...thank you.

Did I miss anyone getting The Wolf Among Us for $6.25?  It says Other DRM so I guess it is a no-go for Steam?

No refunds? A chargeback might disagree. :p
they will refund you......in blue coins

thats what they did to me anyway

edit. apparently i got stuck with blue coins because when i asked for a refund i didnt ask for my MONEY back..i just asked for a refund

I was blind but now I see...thank you.

Did I miss anyone getting The Wolf Among Us for $6.25? It says Other DRM so I guess it is a no-go for Steam?
With Telltale's newer titles, the only way to get it on Steam, is to buy it from Steam. All other places use Telltale's DRM/launcher.

[quote name="Foxhack" post="12317595" timestamp="1418241499"]I haven't received any refund notice, but they better not refund me in blue coins... :|[/quote]

My money was just refunded to my Paypal and the purchase was removed from my account. But I took a photo of the key...think it will work when I try to activate later?

No refund notice here yet and it still shows in my GG games list.  I revealed the key the moment I got it and copied it down but I can't activate it from work.

Of course, AshotP's wheels of justice might just be turning slowly and biding their time.

Edit: And just got the refund notification from Paypal...

I wonder if only copies bought after a certain time period are getting refunded.

I still haven't gotten a refund notification.

So, lately, almost all GG glitches ended with refunds...
Has there been another revoked (activated) key after a glitch besides Warlock 2? Which almost doesn't count since Paradox is kinda-sorta a sister company to Gamersgate. At least closer related than GG is to Square Enix or Bethesda.

Haha Gamersgate is such a disaster. The great glitches they frequently have might make it a worthwhile store front if they didn't sneak into everyone's accounts and reclaim the games.

I missed this one -- sounds like a killer deal -- I hope most of you were able to get it and redeem the key. I don't suppose they'd be so low as to revoke keys would they?

fuckers. They refunded me without my permission.

Oh well, I already have it installed and activated so I will just run the Steam client in offline mode for a while.

Really lame that they are doing that. Other stores like Amazon and even Steam just chalk it up to their own mistake, eat it and move on.

fuckers. They refunded me without my permission.

Oh well, I already have it installed and activated so I will just run the Steam client in offline mode for a while.

Really lame that they are doing that. Other stores like Amazon and even Steam just chalk it up to their own mistake, eat it and move on.
but we talking bout swedejerks not americans people jee

Haha Gamersgate is such a disaster. The great glitches they frequently have might make it a worthwhile store front if they didn't sneak into everyone's accounts and reclaim the games.

I missed this one -- sounds like a killer deal -- I hope most of you were able to get it and redeem the key. I don't suppose they'd be so low as to revoke keys would they?
I think chances are high that they'll get Square enix to revoke the keys.. they're refunding everyone, including people that revealed their keys. I don't think they'd be willing to take that much of a loss at this point.

I know those in the US that bought it might not be protected by any laws but what about those in the EU (UK)?

Don't they have some sort of consumer protection laws? I know it was a pricing error but aren't they legally required to honor that price?

Those EU laws don't do shit. Angry Europeans are always screaming about them and sword rattling over at Steam and nothing ever comes of it. It just makes Angela Merkel and all them look like they are doing something.

I know those in the US that bought it might not be protected by any laws but what about those in the EU (UK)?

Don't they have some sort of consumer protection laws? I know it was a pricing error but aren't they legally required to honor that price?
That's what Steam + account-based Internet-style DRM is for.

If they (game pub's, game dev's, distribution channel owners, game-client owners, whomever) need to revoke something from your account for whatever reason they feel's justifiable - i.e. price glitch/mistake, buying a key from outside your region, bad behavior online w/ other players when in-game, cheating when playing games online, and insert anything else you can think of - they can do so.

DRM like that puts the power in their hands, not yours.

That's what Steam + account-based Internet-style DRM is for.

If they (game pub's, game dev's, distribution channel owners, game-client owners, whomever) need to revoke something from your account for whatever reason they feel's justifiable - i.e. price glitch/mistake, buying a key from outside your region, bad behavior online w/ other players when in-game, cheating when playing games online, and insert anything else you can think of - they can do so.

DRM like that puts the power in their hands, not yours.
Except I'm playing it in offline mode until I get done with it so fuck them. Lucky for me I am not much of a multiplayer person, though it does apparently have local if you're into that sort of thing.

So far checking my account via the web the game is still in there. It may take a while for Valve to respond to them and I'm not 100% sure they will revoke already activated keys for their own dumb mistake. Most past cases when that happened there was some kind of fraud or other shenanigans going on. That isn't really the case here.

Maybe Spoder knows but I don't recall if GG has actually successfully had Valve revoke already activated Steam keys from people's accounts in the past for a pricing mistake on their part. I know they've implied and/or threatened it, but I can't recall if they actually were ever able to succeed in doing it.

ETA: I'm also not sure if they as a third party seller even have the right to directly request a key revoked. I always thought that had to go through the publisher, which is the source they got it from in the first place. Maybe Square would go along with that request but I also think they would get their proper payment for those keys regardless since it wasn't their mistake.

Well, if nothing else this bumped a game I otherwise would have left in backlog hell to the top of the list so that I actually play it.

Except I'm playing it in offline mode until I get done with it so fuck them.

So far checking my account via the web the game is still in there. It may take a while for Valve to respond to them and I'm not 100% sure they will revoke already activated keys for their own dumb mistake. Most past cases when that happened there was some kind of fraud or other shenanigans going on. That isn't really the case here.

Maybe Spoder knows but I don't recall if GG has actually successfully had Valve revoke already activated Steam keys from people's accounts in the past for a pricing mistake on their part. I know they've implied and/or threatened it, but I can't recall if they actually were ever able to succeed in doing it.

Well, if nothing else this bumped a game I otherwise would have left in backlog hell to the top of the list so that I actually play it.
GG bothered Steam and got those Warlock 2 Steam keys revoked.

It will be interesting to see what happens w/ these LC: Osiris keys.

re: Warlock 2 price mistake on GG

Hmm, now that you mention it I vaguely recall hearing something about it. I just didn't check too much into Warlock 2 since I had long since gotten it from an Amazon price mistake when it first came out which they didn't revoke because they aren't Swedish douchebags.

re: Warlock 2 price mistake on GG

Hmm, now that you mention it I vaguely recall hearing something about it. I just didn't check too much into Warlock 2 since I had long since gotten it from an Amazon price mistake when it first came out which they didn't revoke because they aren't Swedish douchebags.
GG bothered Paradox...that WAS a part of GG at one point.

Maybe their whining to Square fell on deaf ears...I doubt it though.

You know, after The Warlock 2 revoking - I'm still surprised from GG's glitch on Wolf: TNO + The Evil Within that those keys didn't get revoked...

Well, I'm at home and tried my key and it worked.  I'm out nothing if it's revoked after the fact and got a free game if it's not.

As mentioned, Gamersgate and Paradox are closer entities than Gamersgate and SE.  I'd assume that other companies are less eager to take the brunt of customers and the "I paid for this so how dare you take it away from me just because someone else didn't like the price after the fact?" arguments on Gamersgate's behalf. 

Either way, time to Idle Master this shit and get my loot even if it's gone.  Never did that for Warlock 2 but at least I installed that one and still have my install playable off the game.exe file.

Well, I'm at home and tried my key and it worked. I'm out nothing if it's revoked after the fact and got a free game if it's not.

As mentioned, Gamersgate and Paradox are closer entities than Gamersgate and SE. I'd assume that other companies are less eager to take the brunt of customers and the "I paid for this so how dare you take it away from me just because someone else didn't like the price after the fact?" arguments on Gamersgate's behalf.

Either way, time to Idle Master this shit and get my loot even if it's gone. Never did that for Warlock 2 but at least I installed that one and still have my install playable off the game.exe file.
remember it have PF credit too ;)

Well, I'm at home and tried my key and it worked. I'm out nothing if it's revoked after the fact and got a free game if it's not.

As mentioned, Gamersgate and Paradox are closer entities than Gamersgate and SE. I'd assume that other companies are less eager to take the brunt of customers and the "I paid for this so how dare you take it away from me just because someone else didn't like the price after the fact?" arguments on Gamersgate's behalf.

Either way, time to Idle Master this shit and get my loot even if it's gone. Never did that for Warlock 2 but at least I installed that one and still have my install playable off the game.exe file.
My key worked as well, guess we'll just see what happens.

This is an answer from GG support to Ruuin (no idea what he told them)

I do understand your concerns and trust me, we think 10 times before making such decision. The recent issues were indeed more severe than the ones that we can tolerate. They do happen for various reasons, but still they are obvious misprices (as you can see on many websites that lead users to us, and try to post about such deals soonest possible). We also employ manual review of orders and cancel an order if we see that it is wrong or can't be fulfilled. In case it is an advertised deal and is not that obvious we do leave it as it is as we can't blame users of taking advantage indeed. But if the game is wrongly priced (as it was not discounted, but priced wrongly) or even priced at 0, we are forced to rectify the situations (still at our cost). With this, we are aiming at fixing things in a way that this wont happen and urge users to wait and see if a price is fixed and research if it is a deal. Still, you have a pretty valid point regarding user trust and i am indeed focusing on getting some changes introduced having that as an argument. I can provide you with a 20% discount code valid for one purchase at this point, but we won't be able to provide a year-long discount for this issue (if you recall the Bethesda issue, that was indeed much larger): 

If they are aiming at fixing mistakes they've been doing a really shitty job. Their mistakes like this have been happening for years. Also they'll likely never 100% eliminate them. Even Steam has them occasionally. You just have to have a system in place or someone watching to catch them ASAP and then move on. No other digital store to my knowledge refuses to honor their price mistakes and attempts to have already activated keys revoked.

I also call bullshit on their mistakes being obvious. To who? Them? Not everyone may know that. Even a free item isn't completely out of the realm of possibility because they have had some free games on there and in the case of Paradox they have ties and it's not inconceivable that they could have made some promotion with them. This all sounds like justifying not taking responsibility for their mistakes to me.

Oh and I still have Lara Osiris at this point. Maybe it will get revoked at some point but maybe not. As others pointed out, they don't have such close ties to Square as they do Paradox and they may have been premature in refunding since it's possible Square may not revoke those keys. I'm certain they tried with Bethesda way back when and were refused. That's why they were stalling so long with that.

In this case I don't even remember the Lara Osiris game getting posted at all the usual spots (though maybe Ruuin mentioned it on his Vayawhasit Spanish announcements?) or really people talking about it outside of a few people here so I don't think it is at all as widespread as they are claiming.

In this case I don't even remember the Lara Osiris game getting posted at all the usual spots (though maybe Ruuin mentioned it on his Vayawhasit Spanish announcements?) or really people talking about it outside of a few people here so I don't think it is at all as widespread as they are claiming.
Ruuin mentioned, but he put the words "Price Mistake" at the end ot the sentence, so if you were playing on steam you couldnt catch the important detail. (He knows for the future now how to do it properly xD)

I still smell damage control here from GG.

Let's face it - GamersGate screwed-up again; price got glitched; people saw the prices; and then gamers ordered up like crazy. They (Gamersgate) didn't want to try to eat this again - so, refunds most definitely + revokes possibly incoming!

This time - it's a Pre-Order Order on a Brand New Game + its upcoming Season Pass; so GG threw a fit. I understand that glitches happens off and on (even Steam has these), since everybody in this universe is human and we can't create perfection here - but the amount of times it happens w/ GG, it's almost borderline crazy + insane. Why isn't GG trying to fix some of the issues in their system? Are things over at GG that poorly coded, put together, and whatnot?

It's also nice to get insight on how GG thinks, though. If it's badly priced and/or wrongly priced - i.e. major discount on something especially on pre-order + possibly likely if it's very new - GG will try to refund + get a revoke on games using account-based game-client DRM (Steam, Origin, etc).

Imagine if this glitch happened w/ a DRM-FREE version of a game on GG. Oh, GG would be really screwed. Once people ordered the glitching game, got their DRM-FREE game downloaded, have the files, and can back them up somewhere - what the hell would Gamersgate do? Pull the game from your account?!!?? LOL. It's too late - as long as you got it downloaded + keep your files safely stored somewhere. Only thing that could screw this up is if game-company only decides to release patches and/or updated versions directly to Gamersgate.

It wasn't pre-order, it was already released. If it was pre-order it would have been easier because no one would have activated the keys yet.

Ending 12/14
75% off BioShock Triple Pack - $17.50 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Bioshock (SecuROM)
  • Bioshock 2 (Steam)
  • Bioshock Infinite (Steam)
[/customspoiler]
75% off Borderlands 1 and 2 Game of the Year Editions (Steam) - $17.50
66% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown – The Complete Edition (Steam) - $17.00 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • XCOM: Enemy Within
  • Elite Soldier Pack
  • Slingshot add-on
  • Second Wave add-on
[/customspoiler]

50% off Battlestrike games
85% off Omerta games and DLC
lmao

I'm going a bit to the extreme... But if this turns into a common practice on GG side... I don't like it and I don't trust them anymore

Imagine if this glitch happened w/ a DRM-FREE version of a game on GG. Oh, GG would be really screwed. Once people ordered the glitching game, got their DRM-FREE game downloaded, have the files, and can back them up somewhere - what the hell would Gamersgate do? Pull the game from your account?!!?? LOL. It's too late - as long as you got it downloaded + keep your files safely stored somewhere. Only thing that could screw this up is if game-company only decides to release patches and/or updated versions directly to Gamersgate.
6 people would have bought it. I doubt they would even care.

Why would I buy DRM free games from anywhere other than Piratebay?
OFf4ivi.gif

I like how he implies that the burden is on the consumer to do research and be sure that the deal isn't too outrageously good -- because it could just be a glitch -- and in which case he/she should avoid making the purchase.

Hrm. My Lara Croft order now says "completed" instead of canceled. The games are not in my account, though one shows up on the sidebar by default (the latest purchase apparently shows up there), but there are no keys displayed, and my money hasn't been refunded yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back