GamersGate Thread: (Moved to the Steam+ Deals Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)

Closing this thread. Future deals will be posted in the Steam+ Deals Thread.

New thread here.
________________________________________________________________________________

*List of games on sale sorted by discount.
All Steam Origin Uplay DRM Free

[There are currently no known available vouchers, credits, promos, codes, etc. that can be manually applied to purchases.]

Note: Be sure to check DRM prior to purchase. It will typically be listed to the right of the description, just above the System Requirements. There are several instances where games may vary in DRM type even within the same bundle. You have been warned.

GamersGate on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs a place for his mouse to stay warm.
You think those pants are for my mouse?

VkIUoud.jpg

If GG can pull out just one 'OMG I just shat myself' deal this year, I feel this thread will be vindicated. Though, with Steam's current trading bans, GMG's voucher limitations, GetGame's and GameStop's historical lack of pizzazz sales, Amazon's departure from AAA bundle king...2014 is looking pretty bleak. GOG, you're our only hope.
Well, if this is how Steam bans cross region trading, with no official word or reasoning, than I have a feeling allot of people who depend upon PC games sales for business are going to be in allot of trouble... I have a huge backlog and I don't really need any new games to play.

Well, if this is how Steam bans cross region trading, with no official word or reasoning, than I have a feeling allot of people who depend upon PC games sales for business are going to be in allot of trouble... I have a huge backlog and I don't really need any new games to play.
I think the smaller bundle sites are also in trouble now that Steam has equppied the dev's with their own ability to set sales on Steam.

Why would a dev go for a portion of a bundle selling 5-25,000 units and getting maybe 40c tops for each sale when they can simply put their games on sale on Steam at 49-99c each and have a much larger audience for the sale?

I think the smaller bundle sites are also in trouble now that Steam has equppied the dev's with their own ability to set sales on Steam.

Why would a dev go for a portion of a bundle selling 5-25,000 units and getting maybe 40c tops for each sale when they can simply put their games on sale on Steam at 49-99c each and have a much larger audience for the sale?
So what your saying... Is that your smarter than your avatar looks? :lol:

Honestly, that's a solid point, especially when you consider all the dev drama regarding steam keys, I'll be honest... Chasing steam keys is frustrating to say the least.

If someone lives off of selling games on Steam via cross region trading, then they really should get a job that's not as risky, finance-wise.

I mean, if they can survive off of that? That's great. But there's always a risk, especially when Valve has shown time and time again that they will screw over people with bans, deserved or not, and that they will do anything they can to stop people from making money via schemes, like the TF2 idling disaster from last year.

If someone lives off of selling games on Steam via cross region trading, then they really should get a job that's not as risky, finance-wise.

I mean, if they can survive off of that? That's great. But there's always a risk, especially when Valve has shown time and time again that they will screw over people with bans, deserved or not, and that they will do anything they can to stop people from making money via schemes, like the TF2 idling disaster from last year.
I was talking about publishers and whatnot... Their deals are going to have to get allot better or allot of them aren't going to be getting money... Either I simply won't buy or what I do buy won't go as far so less feel the effect.

I was talking about publishers and whatnot... Their deals are going to have to get allot better or allot of them aren't going to be getting money... Either I simply won't buy or what I do buy won't go as far so less feel the effect.
Oh, whoops. You said people, not publishers, so I assumed you meant traders.

Soooooo you're saying NinjaSquirrel is actually Tommy Hilfiger? :whistle2:k

*Cunningly sidesteps 'mom labels your undies' jibe*
Some people share names with major clothing labels... also it could be a hand-me-down from his older brother. ;)

Broader exposure... I'm sure those bundles must generate some secondard sales (from friends of buyers). I'm not sure how visible one indie dev will be among a flood of steam-indie sales -- it's not the same thing as being highlighted as the Steam Daily, Mid-week, Weekend, or Weekly. Even we depend in part of CAGs fishing those indie sales up and posting them.

Broader exposure... I'm sure those bundles must generate some secondard sales (from friends of buyers). I'm not sure how visible one indie dev will be among a flood of steam-indie sales -- it's not the same thing as being highlighted as the Steam Daily, Mid-week, Weekend, or Weekly. Even we depend in part of CAGs fishing those indie sales up and posting them.
That's true, we'll have to wait and see what happens. Although I know I myself regularly go to the Steam Store main page, click 'See All Specials', set to 'Games' and then click 'Price' to sort the specials in price order. Even if a bunch of devs have sub-$1 games on sale they'll all be right there.

If Valve was smart they'd have an under $1 Bargain Bin button for that.

Actually, adding a $2 and under and $1 and under button where the $10 and $5 buttons are now would do it.

That's true, we'll have to wait and see what happens. Although I know I myself regularly go to the Steam Store main page, click 'See All Specials', set to 'Games' and then click 'Price' to sort the specials in price order. Even if a bunch of devs have sub-$1 games on sale they'll all be right there.

If Valve was smart they'd have an under $1 Bargain Bin button for that.

Actually, adding a $2 and under and $1 and under button where the $10 and $5 buttons are now would do it.
yea like cough bohemia back catalog sale was interestign hehe why u do this steam why why bohemia u want my mmoney fuck u oh wait great why i buy pound of ground oh bc zomibes why i want take on helicopter idk flying why i add take on mars collection party eheh

I once requested his "services" when I'd had an "accident"...

3 months later I'm still sitting in my own crap, so I'm not sure his offer is genuine.
I had to report him on Angie's List for failure to render services.

I feel as though this game should have one of those disclaimers or signs posted nearby stating that you "must be at least THIS high to play this game."
headband-its-alien-weed.jpg

This looks like an acid trip...and if you look at the faces, it looks like it could be a pretty scary acid trip.
31933197.jpg

Not a bad(ish) price on Reincarnation which is the only Disciples 3 to not be completely and totally horrible.

It's actually on Steam now though, no reason to buy it at this price from GG of all places.

edit: also, probably fundlebodder.

Not a bad(ish) price on Reincarnation which is the only Disciples 3 to not be completely and totally horrible.
It's actually on Steam now though, no reason to buy it at this price from GG of all places.
Well it's still a 'new release' on Steam and it hasn't gone on a significant sale there yet. If someone really wants it and doesn't want to wait it's not a terrible price. It doesn't seem like the MSRP is going down since it's been $30 since release over a year ago but who knows?

It's been slightly cheaper before on GG @ $7.50, or even $6 if you had the OOPS discount.

Well it's still a 'new release' on Steam and it hasn't gone on a significant sale there yet. If someone really wants it and doesn't want to wait it's not a terrible price. It doesn't seem like the MSRP is going down since it's been $30 since release over a year ago but who knows?

It's been slightly cheaper before on GG @ $7.50, or even $6 if you had the OOPS discount.
Quite right, my mistake. I just checked my GG history and I paid $7.49 back in January. For the record, I said not a "bad(ish)" price thereby relieving me of any inaccurate or incriminating statements.

Well, here's my question: if you were a sucker and picked up Resurrection and Renaissance separately, shouldn't you get Reincarnation gratis? I'm eyeballing the two Disciples IIIs in my account and glowering.

And why goes GG have Gold and Reincarnation listed separately? Aren't they basically the same? What am I missing here?

Gold: A bundle of Resurrection and Renaissance. Published by Kalypso.

Reincarnation: A single game containing all the content of Resurrection and Renaissance with heavily rebalanced gameplay. Published by bitComposer.

I agree that it's a confusing and slightly frustrating mess. Luckily, bitComposer loves sales and bundles as much as Kalypso, so it probably won't be too long til even Reincarnation is in Bundlestars or something.

Well, here's my question: if you were a sucker and picked up Resurrection and Renaissance separately, shouldn't you get Reincarnation gratis? I'm eyeballing the two Disciples IIIs in my account and glowering.

And why goes GG have Gold and Reincarnation listed separately? Aren't they basically the same? What am I missing here?
Gold = Renaissance + Ressurrection. Reincarnation is basically the two previous games with reworked AI and most of the bugs fixed. As to why the owners of the 2 previous games don't get it free, well it's a shitty 3rd world developer with shitbitcomposer as the publisher. I'm fairly certain Akella is now bankrupt anyway.

Gold: A bundle of Resurrection and Renaissance. Published by Kalypso.

Reincarnation: A single game containing all the content of Resurrection and Renaissance with heavily rebalanced gameplay. Published by bitComposer.

I agree that it's a confusing and slightly frustrating mess. Luckily, bitComposer loves sales and bundles as much as Kalypso, so it probably won't be too long til even Reincarnation is in Bundlestars or something.
Gold = Renaissance + Ressurrection. Reincarnation is basically the two previous games with reworked AI and most of the bugs fixed. As to why the owners of the 2 previous games get it free, well it's a shitty 3rd world developer with shitbitcomposer as the publisher. I'm fairly certain Akella is now bankrupt anyway.
This is more convoluted than the plot of an Assassins Creed game. Oh well, thanks for explaining the distinction.

I can barely get myself to check out the IGS thread now. GOG from time to time.
I only end up in there when I'm bulk-opening tabs of my subscribed threads and not paying attention to which ones I'm clicking on.

As the OP of the GOG thread, I both disapprove and agree with this message.
I'd be more interested if they had more -75% (or better) deals on older games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back