GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Wanderlust Rebirth and Titan Quest Gold Steam activateable? Both are listed as Other DRM. What kind of DRM is other DRM? :|[/QUOTE]

Neither will Steam activate, no. If a game does activate on Steam Gamersgate will specifically state it.

I'm not sure what the other DRM is if it's some sort of account activation or securom or whatever but it's definitely not Steamworks.

New Deals:

Bioshock Complete Pack Bundle $10 - 75%
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale $5.99 - 70%
Dark Messiah Might & Magic $3.38 - 66%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution$7.49 - 75%

Tomorrow hints:
Tomorrow we´re going to space with our pockets filled with Interstellar Kredit! After that, off to the beautiful island of Faranga for some temple ruin sightseeing (monster slaying included!), and last but not least: some classic D&D dungeon crawling!

Also deal of interest:
Warlock: Master of the Arcane $4.99 - 75% (Steamworks) Very Tempting

Not directly relevant to the sale but it's worth noting that if you're a Steam head, you might miss some cool as hell indie games on GG. I recommend Gunman Clive, Exceed 3rd, and Suguri.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Wanderlust Rebirth and Titan Quest Gold Steam activateable? Both are listed as Other DRM. What kind of DRM is other DRM? :|[/QUOTE]

Honestly, why do you need these on Steam? Titan Quest Gold will never be updated again. Wanderlust Rebirth has its own launcher for updating that you have to run anyway. Neither has cloud saves. Both can be launched in Steam as non-Steam games, which is what I do. The only reason I can possibly see is Wanderlust has some achievements.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Unless Dark Messiah Might & Magic or Warlock Master of the Arcane takes place in Rapture, GamersGate clearly changed their planned daily deals. My guess is because BioShock is already part of another sale and they don't want to upset people. Kudos to them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='voken']Bioshock Complete Pack Bundle $10 - 75% [/QUOTE]
Well it was Warlock as the daily deal instead when it first switched over this morning. Guess they are starting to further discount games during the sale. They're good about this stuff when it comes to refunds, but it's still unnecessary headaches for customers and support reps. Removed my buying tip from the FAQ.

[quote name='bluedeviltron']Can someone explain why the OP title says Orcs Must Die 2 and Awesomenauts are $5.66?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't/didn't say Orcs Must Die 2 is that price? I changed the order now to put Awesomenauts first to avoid any confusion, but each game title is separated by a comma so I thought that was self-explanatory. And the OP clearly explains how you can get Awesomenauts for that price.

The reason I put the Awesomenauts price in the title is because it's a very popular game and just released, and I think a lot of people would want to know it's almost half off here.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did some searching and the third daily deal hint is probably referring to daggerdale, which isn't nearly old or good enough to be called a classic

none of the actual classic d&d games seem to be on GG

[quote name='TripJack']i did some searching and the third daily deal hint is probably referring to daggerdale, which isn't nearly old or good enough to be called a classic

none of the actual classic d&d games seem to be on GG[/QUOTE]

I could've sworn they stocked those recent D&D anthologies at some point. Now I did a little research, and you can't seem to buy them anywhere...odd..

Gamersgate UK has Sacred 2: Gold Edition for 5.08 GBP.

That's like $8 USD or so, right?

As some of you might know - Sacred 2: Gold contains also the S2: Ice and Blood expansion, which was NOT released in USA
....besides also containing Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (UK) in the pack.

Has anybody here in USA ever actually bought a game through Gamersgate UK?
Will it go through?
If so - does your CC or bank charge you a conversion fee of any kind?

How's it work?

[quote name='MysterD']Gamersgate UK has Sacred 2: Gold Edition for 5.08 GBP.

That's like $8 USD or so, right?

As some of you might know - Sacred 2: Gold contains also the S2: Ice and Blood expansion, which was NOT released in USA
....besides also containing Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (UK) in the pack.

Has anybody here in USA ever actually bought a game through Gamersgate UK?
Will it go through?
If so - does your CC or bank charge you a conversion fee of any kind?

How's it work?[/QUOTE]

Just sent a support ticket asking the same question. Will post when I get reply. If anyone here knows if buying the game from the UK store will work on US account, post here please. Thx!

Hmm, I'm kind of interested because it doesn't look like Sacred 2 will ever come back to Steam. I'm just curious because I don't know if GG can legally sell a UK region game to US customers since I believe a different publisher owns the rights to that game here and it would be encroaching on their territory.

@Voken
I'm curious, b/c USA users can sign into UK servers and see the S2: Gold game for purchase in GBP.
And even put it in their cart!!

Plz let us know when you do get some details, thanks!!! :)

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, I'm kind of interested because it doesn't look like Sacred 2 will ever come back to Steam. I'm just curious because I don't know if GG can legally sell a UK region game to US customers since I believe a different publisher owns the rights to that game here and it would be encroaching on their territory.[/QUOTE]

Deep Silver is the publisher in UK for everything Sacred 2, yes.
I'm also curious - can a UK gamer on Gamersgate actually GIFT Sacred 2: Gold over to a USA Gamersgate user?

EDIT:
Technically, CDV is out of business and insolvent (USA's Sacred 2 distribution rights holders).
Would their territory (USA) really be encroached upon here? ;) :eek:P

I don't think CDV will supply Steam w/ new Sacred 2: FA keys anytime soon.
Even if they did, you'll still have the issue of NA versions missing Ice and Blood - since CDV & Deep Silver never hammered out a deal for how to distribute that expansion in NA.
Plus, only way to use Community Patch is to own both Sacred 2: FA + Ice and Blood; or Sacred 2: Gold (contains both).

EDIT 2:
Looks like they ran out of keys and supposedly requested for more...

[quote name='Meatyflakes']I could've sworn they stocked those recent D&D anthologies at some point. Now I did a little research, and you can't seem to buy them anywhere...odd..[/QUOTE]

Atari no longer has D&D's rights, it has shifted to Hasbro so a new agreement would need to be made. I know Gamestop has the old D&D games still. Personally I am waiting for the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition anyways.

Probably asked a bunch of times before, but do I need to have access to IGN prime to continue to have access to the 15% discount? Could I just sign up, grab the code, and cancel the account so I won't have to worry about recurring bill?

[quote name='dejeckt']Probably asked a bunch of times before, but do I need to have access to IGN prime to continue to have access to the 15% discount? Could I just sign up, grab the code, and cancel the account so I won't have to worry about recurring bill?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you could. However, they don't do free trials anymore. They'll charge you right away, and they don't do refunds. :cry:

[quote name='atreyuevr']Yes, you could. However, they don't do free trials anymore. They'll charge you right away, and they don't do refunds. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. For some reason payment is taking awhile to process through PayPal...only have 9 mins left for current deals.

[quote name='dejeckt']Probably asked a bunch of times before, but do I need to have access to IGN prime to continue to have access to the 15% discount? Could I just sign up, grab the code, and cancel the account so I won't have to worry about recurring bill?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']Yes, you could. However, they don't do free trials anymore. They'll charge you right away, and they don't do refunds. :cry:[/QUOTE]

He is correct. You don't need to keep your IGN prime for more than a month, but you will have to pay for it. For anything giftable on GG I am more than happy to help out any CAGs without the discount, so feel free to PM me.

Edit:
Today's Deals:
Risen - $4.99
EVE Online: Incarna - $10.00
Dawn of Fantasy - $7.49
D&D Daggerdale - $4.49

Something interesting I found out about US/UK versions on GamersGate while hosting the giveaway... I found that the 2C Complete Pack that I bought actually gave me copies of games that could only be purchased individually in the UK. I was able to gift to everyone regardless of their region, or the region of the game I was gifting. Maybe that can offer some insight.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Something interesting I found out about US/UK versions on GamersGate while hosting the giveaway... I found that the 2C Complete Pack that I bought actually gave me copies of games that could only be purchased individually in the UK. I was able to gift to everyone regardless of their region, or the region of the game I was gifting. Maybe that can offer some insight.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should said this earlier, but I've been able to successfully buy from the UK site as well. Not sure if it was legal, but dammit I did it.

Don't judge me! :booty:

[quote name='Daykain']Atari no longer has D&D's rights, it has shifted to Hasbro so a new agreement would need to be made. I know Gamestop has the old D&D games still. Personally I am waiting for the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition anyways.[/QUOTE]

Ah, fair enough. Just glad to know I'm not losing my mind...

The thing with the IGN Prime is that while it does seem to continue your discount even after you cancel, there's no guarantee that will continue indefinitely. For those of us who did the free trial there's nothing really to lose anyway, but do bear that in mind for anyone considering subscribing for a month just to get the GG discount.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']He is correct. You don't need to keep your IGN prime for more than a month, but you will have to pay for it.[/QUOTE]
The discount code is still good after you cancel Prime?

But then I looked at the pricing and I'd have to spend about $50 at GG to break even on a single month of Prime. I can't even promise myself that I'll do that much, much less spend enough beyond breaking even to make it "worth it".

[quote name='Syntax Error']The discount code is still good after you cancel Prime?

But then I looked at the pricing and I'd have to spend about $50 at GG to break even on a single month of Prime. I can't even promise myself that I'll do that much, much less spend enough beyond breaking even to make it "worth it".[/QUOTE]

Wait for a good free game month and then do it. They offer a lot of promotions through the year too.

back in September you could sign up for $70 for a year and get a copy of BF3 before it came out.

I signed up during GDC where you could sign up for $20 or $30 for the year (cant remember which it was).

The first two hints for tomorrow's daily deals are Two Worlds 2 and Confrontation. Third is vaguer but is probably Alpha Protocol.

The FAQ in the second post is very clear on how to get the discount with IGN Prime.

And for those interested, the free game this month is Beat Hazard Ultra.

[quote name='Motoki']The thing with the IGN Prime is that while it does seem to continue your discount even after you cancel, there's no guarantee that will continue indefinitely. For those of us who did the free trial there's nothing really to lose anyway, but do bear that in mind for anyone considering subscribing for a month just to get the GG discount.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']The discount code is still good after you cancel Prime?

But then I looked at the pricing and I'd have to spend about $50 at GG to break even on a single month of Prime. I can't even promise myself that I'll do that much, much less spend enough beyond breaking even to make it "worth it".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Wait for a good free game month and then do it. They offer a lot of promotions through the year too.

back in September you could sign up for $70 for a year and get a copy of BF3 before it came out.

I signed up during GDC where you could sign up for $20 or $30 for the year (cant remember which it was).[/QUOTE]

As others have pointed out, yes the discount is still good after you cancel, but no, nothing is "guaranteed" that the discount will actually be infinite. As Provis pointed out, there are deals on Prime through out the year. Recently they had a $30 for a year special which would put you at $200 spent to break even. So I wouldn't sign up for a year just to get the discount. That said if they ever do a BF3 type promo again I would sign up just because the monthly free indie games are usually pretty good and worth it on their own.

It's also worth noting the IGN discount works on 4 packs (or 3 packs in the case of Awesomenauts) too so you can definitely rack up some savings there and then sell off the other copies.

[quote name='Motoki']It's also worth noting the IGN discount works on 4 packs (or 3 packs in the case of Awesomenauts) too so you can definitely rack up some savings there and then sell off the other copies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love the three and four packs :)

I just got a three pack of awesomenauts.

Did anyone else have trouble applying ign discount code to their account? I finally get to see the ign prime code, but on Gamersgate the code seems to be invalid. It seems the code gives you access to an IGN Minion, does that mean I have to delete my Minion to get the code to work?

[quote name='dejeckt']Did anyone else have trouble applying ign discount code to their account? I finally get to see the ign prime code, but on Gamersgate the code seems to be invalid. It seems the code gives you access to an IGN Minion, does that mean I have to delete my Minion to get the code to work?[/QUOTE]
It's working. The IGN minion is what gives you the discount. So you essentially have two minions.

[quote name='dejeckt']Did anyone else have trouble applying ign discount code to their account? I finally get to see the ign prime code, but on Gamersgate the code seems to be invalid. It seems the code gives you access to an IGN Minion, does that mean I have to delete my Minion to get the code to work?[/QUOTE]

If you having the pet then you should be getting the discount.

Try throwing something in to your cart and go to checkout. Don't go all the way through to order or anything, but just follow it down to the totals and see if you see something like this

15% IGN discount (15% of ____)

It should be right above the "Add Code" button.

[quote name='Motoki']If you having the pet then you should be getting the discount.

Try throwing something in to your cart and go to checkout. Don't go all the way through to order or anything, but just follow it down to the totals and see if you see something like this

15% IGN discount (15% of ____)

It should be right above the "Add Code" button.[/QUOTE]

Nope, still not working. Thanks for the advice, but I just sent an email to gamersgate hopefully they can figure it out.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wish I could murder my minion.. he's very annoying...[/QUOTE]

And he's not even a cat!

Bad Rats 2: Minion Murders

[quote name='dejeckt']Nope, still not working. Thanks for the advice, but I just sent an email to gamersgate hopefully they can figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem and sent an e-mail to IGN a couple days ago when I signed up. The IGN Rep that responded gave me another code and said they'd been running into some problems with their GamersGate codes as of late.

[quote name='nekromantix']Had the same problem and sent an e-mail to IGN a couple days ago when I signed up. The IGN Rep that responded gave me another code and said they'd been running into some problems with their GamersGate codes as of late.[/QUOTE]

Only sent an email to gamersgate, but I guess I have to send one to ign too. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']Do you get the tf2 promos for the awesomenaut from gamers gate?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't mention it so i don't think so. I do have a copy from a three pack if you are interested though.

Does anyone have experience with Gamersgate support? I put in a support ticket on 7/30 and I haven't heard anything from them. Is that a normal wait time? Is there any other way to contact them?

Sorry, I know this is OT, but my issue is regarding gifting a game to a fellow CAG.

[quote name='Seraphym']Does anyone have experience with Gamersgate support? I put in a support ticket on 7/30 and I haven't heard anything from them. Is that a normal wait time? Is there any other way to contact them?

Sorry, I know this is OT, but my issue is regarding gifting a game to a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]

I put in a support ticket about the DRM on a game and it took them 4-5 days to respond.

That said, have you checked to see whether the problem has been resolved? I recall that they won't necessarily contact you if they don't need to, meaning if they resolve the problem. I put in a ticket last night about a game not showing up on my shelf and it showed up within an hour with no response.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I put in a support ticket about the DRM on a game and it took them 4-5 days to respond.

That said, have you checked to see whether the problem has been resolved? I recall that they won't necessarily contact you if they don't need to, meaning if they resolve the problem. I put in a ticket last night about a game not showing up on my shelf and it showed up within an hour with no response.[/QUOTE]

The issue is with AoL's spam filter eating a gift I sent. I'm 100% positive the buyer would let me know if he'd received it, and it's not in my shelf. The "gift a game" page shows it as pending still.

It's totally my fault, so I suspect they're going to tell me I'm SOL. But after 4 days of stressing out over it I'd really just like some resolution. Thanks for your reply :)

[quote name='Seraphym']The issue is with AoL's spam filter eating a gift I sent. I'm 100% positive the buyer would let me know if he'd received it, and it's not in my shelf. The "gift a game" page shows it as pending still.

It's totally my fault, so I suspect they're going to tell me I'm SOL. But after 4 days of stressing out over it I'd really just like some resolution. Thanks for your reply :)[/QUOTE]

They usually take a few days to respond, I'd just wait it out. Also, they don't respond on saturdays or sundays (or at least they didn't in my case). I had the same problem you had, someone gifted me a game to my comcast.net address and I never received it. I contacted support, and I was the intended recipient of the gift (normally the sender would contact support, but I didn't want to hassle the guy into contacting gamersgate). They responded a few days after I submitted the ticket, asked for the username of the person that sent the gift, and after I gave it to them they put the game into my account. Just be patient, and it should be resolved.

In the future, gift to usernames, or ask to be gifted via username. It's completely hassle free. GamersGate has issues with certain email providers.

[quote name='Seraphym']Sorry, I know this is OT, but my issue is regarding gifting a game to a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]
It's about GG. It's not OT at all.

[quote name='Seraphym']The issue is with AoL's spam filter eating a gift I sent. I'm 100% positive the buyer would let me know if he'd received it, and it's not in my shelf. The "gift a game" page shows it as pending still.

It's totally my fault, so I suspect they're going to tell me I'm SOL. But after 4 days of stressing out over it I'd really just like some resolution. Thanks for your reply :)[/QUOTE]
It's not your fault that you can't re-send it. That's just poor thinking on their part and I don't understand why they haven't fixed that yet.

This actually reminds me that I have to get a hold of them for the same reason. I gifted to someone and they never claimed it, so I should try to get it back.

GamersGate took care of it without even a hint of a hassle! Many thanks to GG for fixing my screw-up :applause:

And thanks a lot Sunghost and SlightlyOffTrack! This round's on me :beer:

I see that Dwarfs!? is 74% off right now so $2.49. Any opinions on this one?

Edited: Oops! That sale price is actually though GreenManGaming, not GamersGate.

[quote name='Canbanana']Stupid bank dinged me for $3.00 currency conversion fee buying off Gamersgate through PayPal.. *sigh[/QUOTE]

I bought two games through Gamer's Gate, months apart, because of some great deals. Then I got dinged at the end of the month for, "SURPRISE! YOUR BONUS PRIZE IS...," currency conversion fees. Suddenly, the deals were not deals. The first time I thought was a fluke; the second I realized what had happened and had to regretfully stop using Gamer's Gate.

After that, I stopped using Gamer's Gate and started hunting down every random digital gaming download site's location and trying to suss out whether I'm going to suffer the same fate there, too.

You'd think Gamer's Gate would be very upfront and clear cut about the currency conversion fee thing, but they are not.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I bought two games through Gamer's Gate, months apart, because of some great deals. Then I got dinged at the end of the month for, "SURPRISE! YOUR BONUS PRIZE IS...," currency conversion fees. Suddenly, the deals were not deals. The first time I thought was a fluke; the second I realized what had happened and had to regretfully stop using Gamer's Gate.

After that, I stopped using Gamer's Gate and started hunting down every random digital gaming download site's location and trying to suss out whether I'm going to suffer the same fate there, too.

You'd think Gamer's Gate would be very upfront and clear cut about the currency conversion fee thing, but they are not.[/QUOTE]

That's not Gamer's Gate though, that's either your bank or paypal doing something. It's pretty lame or random either way. Luckily I have not had that issue so far, but I know Skype started charging me a conversion fee suddenly one day. It was quite annoying too. In this case, it was Skype though, they changed the way they billed so that Paypal only recognized them as an international site so they charged conversion fees everytime.

Heard back from GG support about Sacred 2 Gold

"I know that Sacred 2 Gold is not available in the Gamersgate US store but is available in the Gamersgate UK store. I was wondering if I buy the game from the UK store, will the game show up on my Gamersgate US account? Will I need to log into the Gamersgate UK site everytime I want to download Sacred 2 Gold or can I do it from my US account?

Also, any chance "A Vampyre Story" might get discounted in this Summer Sale? Thanks in advance! "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It will be available on your account on both sites actually. I dont see the game on discounts now, but they are updated each week - so maybe.

---
Best regards,
Ashot P.
Customer Service @ GamersGate"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back