GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Genobyte']So the order is stuck pending before I could make payment. Any chance theyll remove it?[/QUOTE]
If you paid by paypal check your paypal to see if there is a request to pay.
If you pay it they should honor it or refund it.

[quote name='Necrotron']Now trying to resolve the website simply gives a page that says:

"An error occurred while loading the page. Please try again later. [/COLOR]
If the problem persists, please contact [email protected]. We are sorry for the inconvenience. [/COLOR]

/ The GamersGate team"

I've never seen that page before. Maybe they took the site down.[/QUOTE]

I also got this error when trying to redirect from paypal to their website again.

[quote name='kiwimonster']I am just trying to complete my payment for Ghost Recon Future Solider Deluxe Edition for $2.84[/QUOTE]
got a link to the game page?

Managed to cancel the $22 4-pack, or so it says so, and hope to keep the $11.

Not really looking into profit off of these,

if it works out, great.

if not, o well.

[quote name='buckythekat']some people just want to watch the world burn[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Well at this point I have to think that GG is trolling all of us. That or they don't GAF about money and just want some attention driven away from Steam.

[quote name='inm8num2']Well at this point I have to think that GG is trolling all of us. That or they don't GAF about money and just want some attention driven away from Steam.[/QUOTE]
I think that witch's hex I paid for after the IGN discount debacle was the best $9 I ever spent at a carnival sideshow.

So, I finally managed to view one of my keys, but it still says the other 3 are "only giftable". Is this normal for 4 packs? It forces you to gift the other copies, and you can't see the keys?

[quote name='sunghost']So, I finally managed to view one of my keys, but it still says the other 3 are "only giftable". Is this normal for 4 packs? It forces you to gift the other copies, and you can't see the keys?[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I got it from Amazon, that is how it works.

>>if it is the same, you put in the key, then it puts game in your steam library and 3 more giftable versions in your inventory.

I get that this is CHEAPASS Gamer, and that there are a million other people willing to take each CAG's place in line for these deals, but I can't help but feel like I'm watching some grotesque act being performed on an innocent child, each person taking their turn(s) as they please.

Analogy set aside, it's okay, to me, if a few (< 20 or so) people get in on the deal, but seeing their servers overwhelmed by the hordes of people taking advantage of the mistakes is just too much for me. I have nothing against anyone here, and this is nothing personal, but it's disgusting to me to see this, even the two (now) major times that it's happened.

If this keeps happening, GamersGate could go out of business, or another possibility is that publishers simply won't have their games listed on GamersGate's site since this HEAVILY devalues their games every time it happens. I'm not sure how much they're losing from these mistakes, but I would imagine it measures fairly large seeing that their servers take a HEAVY beating every time it happens.

It seriously depresses me to see this, but like I said, this is CAG, so I guess it's to be expected. Also, like I said before, it's not like another person wouldn't take each and every CAG's place in line. Meh...

[quote name='xpolock']I got an email from gamersgate stating that its a receipt to confirm my order, though I never put in any info. Anyone else get that?[/QUOTE]

Everybody gets that. Just how GG works

[quote name='sunghost']So, I finally managed to view one of my keys, but it still says the other 3 are "only giftable". Is this normal for 4 packs? It forces you to gift the other copies, and you can't see the keys?[/QUOTE]
seems to be that way i figure once the site stops being a crawl I will create some extra accounts and gift them to there to get the steam keys

[quote name='Severose']If this keeps happening, GamersGate could go out of business, or another possibility is that publishers simply won't have their games listed on GamersGate's site since this HEAVILY devalues their games every time it happens. I'm not sure how much they're losing from these mistakes, but I would imagine it measures fairly large seeing that their servers take a HEAVY beating every time it happens.[/QUOTE]
Alternately, they could hire one of the higher order primates to run their site rather than the spider monkey they have doing it now.

I just don't get it. If these are "mistakes", how in the bloody hell do they happen?

Where in their system does a price change cause these kinds of anomalies?

Either the work of very clever marketing, a very disgruntled employee, or some very bad site coding.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Alternately, they could hire one of the higher order primates to run their site rather than the spider monkey they have doing it now.[/QUOTE]
I'd imagine something like this

monkey-computer.jpg

[quote name='inm8num2']I just don't get it. If these are "mistakes", how in the bloody hell do they happen?

Where in their system does a price change cause these kinds of anomalies?[/QUOTE]
Well, with the 4-pack it seems obvious that each time they tried to lower the discount, they were accidentally doubling it ($22 to $11 to $5.50). How that happened, I have no clue.

I can only guess that one of the site owners is entering these numbers because anyone else would have been fired by now.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah when I got it from Amazon, that is how it works.

>>if it is the same, you put in the key, then it puts game in your steam library and 3 more giftable versions in your inventory.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? Holy crap someone sold a key for $15, I think they only expected to sell them one copy haha.

[quote name='The End']He's one of our own too. Guess he likes the Rep. *Shrugs*[/QUOTE]

smdh man...

Severose - don't worry we'll save you a copy

and what they're doing is applying a discount % twice I think, that's how the mistake happens

Finally got in! But with the site so unstable,have to wait and see how it turns out.

(Tentatively) selling Borderlands 2 base game for $10 (via Paypal) a piece. (Gifting through Gamersgate).

Send me a PM if interested.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Well, with the 4-pack it seems obvious that each time they tried to lower the discount, they were accidentally doubling it ($22 to $11 to $5.50). How that happened, I have no clue.

I can only guess that one of the site owners is entering these numbers because anyone else would have been fired by now.[/QUOTE]

I think someone at GG needs to relearn basic math.

[quote name='MC Kage']smdh man...

Severose - don't worry we'll save you a copy

and what they're doing is applying a discount % twice I think, that's how the mistake happens[/QUOTE]

Lol I pre-ordered it and the season pass. No regrets either.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah when I got it from Amazon, that is how it works.

>>if it is the same, you put in the key, then it puts game in your steam library and 3 more giftable versions in your inventory.[/QUOTE]

Is that really how it works? Just want to make sure.

[quote name='Tsel']Is that really how it works? Just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I do know how it worked from Amazon, and I suspect it to be the same here. But if you are worried I'd wait for someone who got it from GG to tell ya for sure.

I do feel bad knowing that these price glitches have become so common and widely known that is has to be seriously hurting their business as a whole.

Well, site is down and I cant send payment. But I did get the confirm for the BL2 4 pack.

If anyone got in on the season pass I will trade one copy of BL2 for the season pass.

Someone here PM'd me with a report that their pack may have been revoked. But I remember during the Beth Pack fiasco that people were seeing all sorts of Library glitches on GG so I suspect it might just be that happening again so I wouldn't panic yet.

I think they're getting revoked.

I bought a pack, they were in my game library, I could even see the one serial. (I even used it already, so my order went through 100%)

Right before they took the site completely down, I got into my library again, and all my games were there EXCEPT BL2.

I believe they are revoking all orders that did go through. Not positive, but it sure looked that way to me.

[quote name='Severose']Lol I pre-ordered it and the season pass. No regrets either.[/QUOTE]

Haha I wouldn't have either man.

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to be patient.

Don't email GG asking where your games and keys are just yet. Give it time. The servers are getting destroyed right now.

By the way, I wonder if anybody PM'ed Amazon Tony for a pricematch? ;)

[quote name='krushnine']I managed to get 2 packs. Trying to display my keys now... but it's oh so slow. I'll post what happens when I register a key. Someday...[/QUOTE]
Ok I registered one key, and it just registered a single copy for my Steam account.

[quote name='inm8num2']People need to be patient.[/QUOTE]
I'm just sitting chill :cold:

In a few hours, I'll try to complete my pending order. If it goes through, awesome and I'll sell off the keys. If not, I still got BL2 & SP for $20 back long ago when we thought that was the deal of century :lol:

[quote name='krushnine']Ok I registered one key, and it just registered a single copy for my Steam account.[/QUOTE]

check your inventory for the other 3, could be there.. It took a little bit for me (3-5mins) in the past when I got giftable copies on certain games.

A buddy of mine mentioned that despite redeeming his key and activating it Gamer's Gate actually removed the Borderlands 2 listing from his library. No idea if it's a glitch or what but... who knows.

You already own 2 copies of this product. Please contact the GamersGate support if you want to buy larger quantities.

wtf? how?

edit: ah my payment went through...dont ask how

[quote name='Mooby']A buddy of mine mentioned that despite redeeming his key and activating it Gamer's Gate actually removed the Borderlands 2 listing from his library. No idea if it's a glitch or what but... who knows.[/QUOTE]

Yeah screenshot and save pages just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back