Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

So, I've heard from two GR clerks at two different stores that the trade 2, get a pre-order or new game for $29.99 will also end on 6/20.

Oh, and about 20 games got added to the Xbox 360 pre-order list today.

[quote name='shipwreck']So, I've heard from two GR clerks at two different stores that the trade 2, get a pre-order or new game for $29.99 will also end on 6/20.

Oh, and about 20 games got added to the Xbox 360 pre-order list today.[/QUOTE]

OK, we definitely need to get confirmation on this then - I really hope the preorder/new game deal doesn't end so soon. I was counting on new preorders being added over the summer and reserving them as they do. If they kill both of these deals there really isn't any reason to go in any more (except to pick up games I've preordered as they get released). I guess I'll have to make a few more trips and if they don't add anything new (maybe with the 20 new Xbox 360 games shipwreck says were added they also added some current gen stuff) I'll double up on a few and try to switch them to different things later.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Has anyone got GR to take the metroid prime game that came bundled with the wavebird?

I tried today and they wouldnt take it because it says "not for resale." If i take the cover off, does the disc say not for resale as well? My copy is unopened so I hate to open it just to find out it says not for resale on the disc.[/QUOTE]

I used that game for my very first trade in today:

Freekstyle: $1.50
MOH:Frontline: $5
Metroid Prime: $5

For Jade Empire: Limited Edition

The guy just took the slip out of the case. Disc didn't have the "not for resale" on it.

[quote name='x_fiddle']I would take a guess that CAG only accounts for maybe 5-10% of Gamerush's total customers at most. All I can say is that almost every gamerush around me always has the games area updated with the latest sales and deals. Heck 3 out of 4 stores that are within 10 miles of me all had the Nintendo 50% off up on endcaps the day the sale started.[/QUOTE]

... and at the other end of the spectrum, only 1 of the 5 stores i visited in the last month knew about the 50% off was in the first 2 weeks of the sale.

[quote name='shipwreck']So, I've heard from two GR clerks at two different stores that the trade 2, get a pre-order or new game for $29.99 will also end on 6/20.

Oh, and about 20 games got added to the Xbox 360 pre-order list today.[/QUOTE]

Could you list the new 360 titles? I asked an employee yesterday when I picked up my GTA if any had been added and he let me look and it was the original 360 titles that have been there. Just my luck that it comes out the next day.

To the user that asked about the 360 titles. Here are the current Xbox 360 titles that you can preorder that I found in the other thread, but like another user mentioned YMMV on whether or not the employee lets you preorder them or not. The employee I talked to was hesitant to let me preorder since some titles are 59.99, but I told him that if he could treat the titles like a 49.99 game I would gladly pay the extra $10 which he agreed to do. The only ones I know that are 59.99 so far are CoD 2 and Quake 4.

Call of Duty 2
Condemned
Full Auto
Madden NFL 2006
Quake 4
True Crime 2
Dead Or Alive 4
NBA Live 2006
King Kong
The Godfather
Tony Hawk

My friends does a list based on the EBgames system, so you could go by it.
http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9334

The dates is just what it says on the computer.
Xbox 360:

10/2 The Outfit
11/2 Burnout Revenge
11/2 Call of Duty 2
11/2 College Hoops 2K6
11/2 Condemned: Criminal Origins
11/2 Dead or Alive 4
11/2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
11/2 Final Fantasy XI
11/2 Full Auto
11/2 Frame City Killer
11/2 Ghost Recon 3
11/2 The Godfather
11/2 GUN
11/2 Kameo: Elements of Power
11/2 Madden NFL 2006
11/2 NBA 2K6
11/2 NBA Live 2006
11/2 Need for Speed: Most Wanted
11/2 NHL 2K6
11/2 Perfect Dark Zero
11/2 Project Gotham Racing 3
11/2 Quake IV
11/2 Saint's Row
11/2 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
11/2 Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
11/2 Top Spin 2
11/16 King Kong
12/2 Fifa Soccer 2006

If it is true that they will be ending trade 2 for $30 deal I will have to go bum rush the by 2G1F sale at Gamestop this weekend so I can Pre-order some 360 games.

Sweet, I can Pre-order Saint's Row that is about it for what I wanted so here's to hoping that my Gamerush let's me Pre-order it on Saturday. Too bad I wanted to Pre-order Gears of War, too. Hope BB doesn't stop having sweet deals but we shall see next week.

So does this mean that 360 is coming out at the beginning of November?

[quote name='jim2011']so did anyone actually try the trade in promotion at regular blockbusters or is that a typo since I don't remember them ever taking in games from outside of BB[/QUOTE]
I believe some people here have actually traded into regular BBs and also done the trade 3 deal. I see used games at my BBs every so often but some could be past rentals.

Also, I saw a variation on a preowned deal today, it was 3 PO for $20 and they were all $9.99 games. Anyone else have this?

Also, in an effort to make the OP as comprenhensive as possible, if GR employees want to post in this thread as well as PM me whenever they get news, that could help things move along.

So who still visits this thread and works at gamerush?

I was wondering if they will be offering that free mario 64 with purchase of a DS deal

[quote name='lupe121283']My friends does a list based on the EBgames system, so you could go by it.
http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9334

The dates is just what it says on the computer.
Xbox 360:

10/2 The Outfit
11/2 Burnout Revenge
11/2 Call of Duty 2
11/2 College Hoops 2K6
11/2 Condemned: Criminal Origins
11/2 Dead or Alive 4
11/2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
11/2 Final Fantasy XI
11/2 Full Auto
11/2 Frame City Killer
11/2 Ghost Recon 3
11/2 The Godfather
11/2 GUN
11/2 Kameo: Elements of Power
11/2 Madden NFL 2006
11/2 NBA 2K6
11/2 NBA Live 2006
11/2 Need for Speed: Most Wanted
11/2 NHL 2K6
11/2 Perfect Dark Zero
11/2 Project Gotham Racing 3
11/2 Quake IV
11/2 Saint's Row
11/2 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
11/2 Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
11/2 Top Spin 2
11/16 King Kong
12/2 Fifa Soccer 2006[/QUOTE]

this is eb games preorder list, correct?

all my local stores wont let me preorder xbox 360 games, period. the DM told them that since the prices arent finalized, so they cant take deposits. not a big deal.

Is GameRush going to be selling the Xbox 360 system? Would be cool if they were...something to save credit toward

[quote name='sevdustflyer']So who still visits this thread and works at gamerush?

I was wondering if they will be offering that free mario 64 with purchase of a DS deal[/QUOTE]

I really don't thinks it's a very good idea for anyone to declare themselves as a GR employee.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']... and at the other end of the spectrum, only 1 of the 5 stores i visited in the last month knew about the 50% off was in the first 2 weeks of the sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

One store I just visited has different stickers for identical games! There were three Onimusha's for ps2, all next to each other... one marked 11.99, one marked 9.99, and the other marked 6.99.

Not to mention that all the games I brought for b2g1 free had the wrong prices on them, as well, which totally threw that off for me.

In addition to the Gamerush section, they also have three different racks with games spread across the entire store... took me at least 20 minutes to find the games I wanted.

The local Gamerush is pretty decent about organization and sales, but this one just takes the cake for being bad.

For trades -

Nightmare of Druaga - 18
Astro Boy - 8
Chaos Legion - Not sure, but I think it got in between 2-4

Got Jak 3 for 5, and picked up Jak 2, Demon Stone, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for b2g1 free.

[quote name='JAMMR']Also, I saw a variation on a preowned deal today, it was 3 PO for $20 and they were all $9.99 games. Anyone else have this?[/QUOTE]

Technically isn't that the same thing as B2G1 on $9.99 games?

Today I traded:

Crash N' Burn (Xbox) - $8
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun (xbox) - $8
Psi-Ops (Ps2) - $3

Got Merceneries (PS2) for $5 and used the remaining credit to buy my daughter a Brand New Dora The Explorer DVD.

[quote name='aaa']this is eb games preorder list, correct?

all my local stores wont let me preorder xbox 360 games, period. the DM told them that since the prices arent finalized, so they cant take deposits. not a big deal.[/QUOTE]
Ya, it is correct.

Too bad on not being able to preorder, I wouldn't mind just pre-ordering some PS2/Xbox/GC games with "trade 2, pre-order for $30" and then cancelling them and transferring the credit towards the Xbox 360 games. I just have to pay the difference. I might do that with Half-Life 2.

if there are any employees who want to give us the low-down on any deals, i'd suggest that they pm it to the op and have him post it ;) to prevent any trouble in the future. btw, thanks to all who've contributed in these threads (employees and non-employees).

EDIT: n/m, i just saw somebody else's suggestion of "don't write that you are an employee of bb at all when you post a deal."

The same GR manager that told me that both deals were going to end on the 20th also said that there wouldn't be any deals to replace them when they ended. The only deal they would continue to have is the buy 2 get 1 on used games or the buy 1 get one 50% on used games. This could of course all change, but I don't think anyone would be surprised if BB took the deals away for at least a while. I hope they are prepared to see their trade-in and pre-order numbers plummit.

[quote name='stoned99']I really don't thinks it's a very good idea for anyone to declare themselves as a GR employee.[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't do anything stupid like corey did and tell the exact location he worked at and his posistion at the store, there's no reason you can't simply say you're a blockbuster employee and still retain a good degree of anonymity.

Once these deals end...no reason to step foot inside a GR again. Prices are too high (on games and DVDs), and they don't always get games in when they come out. Looks like its Game Crazy and EB for me.

[quote name='TimTucker']Technically isn't that the same thing as B2G1 on $9.99 games?[/QUOTE]
Wow... I feel utterly dumb now ;)

[quote name='shipwreck'] or the buy 1 get one 50% on used games. [/QUOTE]

This sale is still going on?

Seriously, what the hell, Gamerush.

"Is GameRush going to be selling the Xbox 360 system? "

According to my GR they are planning to take preorders on the system but they do not know when they will start. I think they are waiting until MS gives a MSRP and a date before taking preorders.

if GR is stopping all their deals, they are going to see a quick decline of sales, trade-ins, and pre-orders. they should realize that the only reason that keep bringing in customers is their deals. i wonder how long GR will last with no deals.

I can confirm a few of the games for 360. Oblivion, PD0, GR 3, Burnout 4, Need for Speed. I was unavailable to get the preorder deal (I was succesful before w/ Quake 4, but the same employee told me they were not to do it anymore).

as long as people have credit with them, they will continue to see some sort of sales. Of course you will be buying with their money if you traded well enough.

Whoa! Well Im new here and dont know everyone, but in the short time, Cory was very helpful and cool. I hope it all goes well and Ill go along with the fuck BBV thing

1. Can someone point me to the thread where everything went wrong? Did Cory come out and say hes in trouble or did a BBV rep come out and start shit?

2. Is this the end of the deal permanently or for now? Will we ever see this deal again?

3. I never knew anything about BB sales until I read about them online, Ive given their gaming part alot of business and am not a flipper. Infact, I havent traded back a single game Ive gotten from them. So this really sucks. fuck those flippers with no life that have to ruin everthing... totally not cool

I do appreciate all the support.

All I can say is that I am suspended without pay right now. I am looking just in case worst comes to worst though I would greatly like to stay.

Please direct any complaints, support, etc to the Blockbuster complaint website.

[quote name='nakanenui']as long as people have credit with them, they will continue to see some sort of sales. Of course you will be buying with their money if you traded well enough.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to save my credit for the xbox 360, I would love to preorder a bunch more games, but I'm banned so I'll make do with my current game collection and go back to buying games either day 1 from fry's (which I do rarely, other than when my kids can't wait), or just wait until the buy 2 get 1 deals are running at GS and EB. That was how I bought new games in the past, if you're willing to wait 1 month, you could easily save 30$ during the B2G1 deals. Of course if they removed my ban I would most likely continue to build up my preorder list. I'm not opposed to GR just the way they dealt with me.

[quote name='CoryCubed']I do appreciate all the support.

All I can say is that I am suspended without pay right now. I am looking just in case worst comes to worst though I would greatly like to stay.

Please direct any complaints, support, etc to the Blockbuster complaint website.[/QUOTE]

That f'ing sucks.

Corey, that is horrible. I know that you cannot answer this, but I can't imagine what you said that would warrant a suspension.

As for XBox 360 system preorders, all Gamerushes should have a call list on their counter. You should be able to leave your name and your phone number, and when your store begins to take preorders you'll get a call.

I'll list which XBox 360 games are available for preorder by Sunday night at the latest.

My store manager loves the fact that I talk up our store on sites such as this and is thrilled when people from this site come into our store and trade and/or preorder games.

[quote name='CoryCubed']I do appreciate all the support.

Please direct any complaints, support, etc to the Blockbuster complaint website.[/QUOTE]

Cory, e-mail me, Id like to discuss something with you. I don't trust this thread (People who may be reading this), nor your PMs, so please e-mail me.
[email protected]

Chaos Legion - 8.00 (ps2)

The more I go into Gamerush, the more I like it, but BBV really needs to start organzing itself better. I just spent an HOUR trading in three games to get Jak 3, and if it wasn't for the trade in deal I would have left after the twenty minute mark.

The employee was super cool though, props go to her.

[quote name='rafissaying']if GR is stopping all their deals, they are going to see a quick decline of sales, trade-ins, and pre-orders. they should realize that the only reason that keep bringing in customers is their deals. i wonder how long GR will last with no deals.[/QUOTE]

EB and GameStop seem to be making $$$ off of the 'no deals' business plan. :)

[quote name='gizmogc']Cory, e-mail me, Id like to discuss something with you. I don't trust this thread (People who may be reading this), nor your PMs, so please e-mail me.[/QUOTE]

Done. Got your e-mail, probably should delete the address.

[quote name='soulwish2003']EB and GameStop seem to be making $$$ off of the 'no deals' business plan. :)[/QUOTE]

Because they are organized, get games in earlier than everyone else, and often times get games that no other retailers really get except for a few. Not to mention they are the place to go for used stuff that most people know - they filled a need that wasn't there at the time.

Gamerush has no advertising whatsoever, 90% of people don't even know they exist. They aren't very organized, the staff dosen't really seem to have it together for the most part, but their deals are what made you keep coming back for more.

If it wasn't for Cory, I believe that alot of CAG'ers wouldn't even care about Blockbuster, because no one would know what deals they were having.

So Sorry to hear that Cory, I Know you don't know me and I'm somewhat new to the CAG site. You have been a great help to me over the last few weeks. I knew it was a bad idea when you said the store you worked at. I hope someone that works at a Blockbuster will take over for you, but will never say what store they work at.

I really hope you get to keep your job, and I hope you can at least let us know what happens.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I keep finding Dreamcast games at mine for 99 cents

Looney Tunes: Space Race (complete)
Mortal Kombat Gold (disc - only)
Soul Fighters (disc - only)
Jet Grind Radio (Complete)
NFL 2K2 (Freebie - buy 2g1 free)
NFL Gameday 97 (PS1, Freebie - buy 2g1 free)[/QUOTE]

what state are you in , i have not found any dreamcast but nfl2k1, i would love to get some of those older games

[quote name='milmanias']I can confirm a few of the games for 360. Oblivion, PD0, GR 3, Burnout 4, Need for Speed. I was unavailable to get the preorder deal (I was succesful before w/ Quake 4, but the same employee told me they were not to do it anymore).[/QUOTE]

wow. awesome. i really want PD0 and GR3, and might want to get burnout 4 and oblivion. if i can preorder these for $40 with 2 trades, that would be awesome. i want like 7 launch games, so i will be broke after launch day (PD0, kameo, COD2, GR3, burnout 4, oblivion, and madden 2006). good thing i have around $700 in credit between GR and GS

Got a question, is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for Playstion 2 that rare? Two of the three GameRushes that I visited today had two copies each. I ended up picking up two for $16.99 and got Skies of Arcadia:Legends for free. The two other copies of the game were pretty scratched up. I might keep one for myself and then trade the other to a fellow CAGer or maybe just ebay it but was curious to know if it is really that rare (I remember others commenting about it in another GR thread). Thanks.

Edit: Looks like both Gamestop and EB are selling it for $25 so it shouldn't be that rare.

[quote name='rperez1025']Got a question, is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for Playstion 2 that rare? Two of the three GameRushes that I visited today had two copies each. I ended up picking up two for $16.99 and got Skies of Arcadia:Legends for free. The two other copies of the game were pretty scratched up. I might keep one for myself and then trade the other to a fellow CAGer or maybe just ebay it but was curious to know if it is really that rare (I remember others commenting about it in another GR thread). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They're kinda hard to find. I wouldn't call them rare. They are a lot harder to find than the regular Sons of Liberty one. PS2 Substance has gone for decent money on eBay but it fluctuates. Right now it's around a $20 game.

Can anyone else confirm the new games on the 360 list? Im really interested in College Hoops 2k6,PD Zero,Ghost Recon 3,Saints Row,Nba 2k6. Thtas all im waiting for. Then im practically done with Gamerush since theyve gotten all gestapo on us. Thx for any help guys.

[quote name='rperez1025']Got a question, is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for Playstion 2 that rare? Two of the three GameRushes that I visited today had two copies each. I ended up picking up two for $16.99 and got Skies of Arcadia:Legends for free. The two other copies of the game were pretty scratched up. I might keep one for myself and then trade the other to a fellow CAGer or maybe just ebay it but was curious to know if it is really that rare (I remember others commenting about it in another GR thread). Thanks.

Edit: Looks like both Gamestop and EB are selling it for $25 so it shouldn't be that rare.[/QUOTE]

yes substance on ps2 is decently rare, not REZ rare, but still rare.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']yes substance on ps2 is decently rare, not REZ rare, but still rare.[/QUOTE]

I second that or is that third? Many stores didn't carry it or have that many when it came out. But I got lucky last week and finally found a brand new copy of that game after many months of searching. But I now somewhat regret getting MGS3 since they going to do a MGS3:Substistence.:cry:

I don't think Substance is very rare in my area used. At least one of the GR's around here seem to always have a used copy. A new & sealed copy can get you pretty good money on eBay though. I've sold two sealed copies for $80 and $100.

I am sad and happy at the same time. I am sad because the Gamerush I go to in Allen Park, Michigan won't let people reserve Xbox 360 games with the trade 2 for $29.99 deal. Also, anyone trying to capitalize on the deals before they end on the 20th at the Allen Park store they will only let you do each deal once a day now. So, you can only do Trade 2 for $29.99 once and Trade 3 for $5 once each day until the 20th.

But I did find out that they are still taking names for the first 20 people who would like to purchase a Xbox 360 so when they get there shipment in these people get first crack at it and I am one of those names. Sucks that we still don't have a price yet. What makes this even funnier is that while I was in EB someone came in and asked were they still taking 360 Pre-orders? The associate looked at the dude and just shook his head and told him they haven't had an opening on their list for about a month.

Funny story, I went to Gamerush with my girlfriend yesterday and we are cool with some of the employees at the store so when I signed up for Xbox 360 list she decided to sign up too. So, now we have two slots on the list filled even though I am the only one going to get the 360. Also, to add to the story why did we walk into the store when the District Manager was in the store.

Trade-In values:

Dues Ex Xbox $3.00
NCAA Football 2005 Xbox $7.00 (Got it at EB B&M for $6.00 after 20% off coupon) You can get online @ EBgames.com for 25% off) Still works with trade in deals.

Pre-ordered Killer7 for PS2. A funny note on this Pre-order we know that they have pushed back the release of this until July 7 but when they look it up in the computer it actually still has the June 17 release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back