Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

Had my first GR experience today. I figured since the deals were ending on the 20th because of those damn dirty flippers, I'd better get in now and get rid of some of my worthless games.

Traded in:

-Xbox
MVP 05 $14
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Madden 04 $1.50
SCPT $4.75
NBA Street Vol 2 $3
ESPN NCAA BB 04 $.75 (WOO HOO!)
Max Payne $1.50
ESPN NBA 2K4 $1.50
Splinter Cell $3
Amped $1.50
MechAssault $5

-Gamecube
007 AUF $5 (wha?)
MegaMan NT $3
THPS3 $1.50
Aggressive Inline $1

Total credit: $58.31

Got in return:
Mercenaries XBX preowned $5
God of War PS2 $29.99
GTA: SA XBX $29.99

Preorders:
Zelda TTP GC $5
Sid Meier's Pirates XBX $5
Tiger Woods 06 360 $5
Madden 06 360 $5

Total out of pocket: $31.77

Guy at the counter was really helpful... he said they weren't taking pre-orders for the 360 console yet, but he was able to find Madden and Tiger for 360 in the system and let me put in preorders on those. He said Madden came up as $50 and Tiger came up as $60, but that I would only be paying $25 when I pick up regardless of the final retail price. Not a bad deal IMO.

[quote name='buster90']It is a shame so many games are not in their system yet no Hitman Blood Money no Half-life 2 no Kingdom Hearts 2 no True Crime 2.

Fiddlesticks.[/QUOTE]

I have Hitman and Half-Life 2 preordered both for xbox. Half-Life 2 has supposedly been released in their system at the time of my preorder, but they still let me preorder it. Also I remember the employee saying True Crime 2 was in the system when he read off the xbox 360 list to me.

Also to io, GR still hasnt fixed the Fire Emblem problem, so I finally just switched it to another game until they get that taken care of.

Has anyone tried preordering Spartan or Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes?

[quote name='buster90']It is a shame so many games are not in their system yet no Hitman Blood Money no Half-life 2 no Kingdom Hearts 2 no True Crime 2.

Fiddlesticks.[/QUOTE]

The store I went to today had a printed list of preorders, and all of those were on the list.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']The store I went to today had a printed list of preorders, and all of those were on the list.[/QUOTE]

Right, like I said above you can't rely on their printed sheets - they are only a subset of what is in their computer system.

Edit - Sorry, misread you - you said they WERE on the printed list - that's what happens when you try to post at CAG with 3 little kids running circles around you. In any case, you STILL can't rely on those sheets because I know several games available for preorder were not on the list I saw a few weeks ago. So, if in doubt, have them look it up in the computer (but make sure they aren't looking up under current games!).

Just got back from GR and I traded in Mark of Kri, Auto Modellista and Powerdrome Racing (all for PS2). Got Paper Mario GC. I could've got Fatal Frame 2 for Xbox, but didn't know if I should or not. It's price was $39.99 (Pre-owned). Didn't know if it was that much at other places or not. Anyone know? Plus Fatal Frame 2 Xbox is probably more rare than PM. I was going to just buy PM for $25 New, but then I saw that they had another Used copy of it that was in perfect condition. They also had Fatal Frame 1 Xbox for around $15 or $16. Might buy that later.

Powerdrome Racing (PS2) = $7
Auto Modellista (PS2) = $5
Mark of Kri (PS2) = $1.50

Doom 2 (GBA, which I didn't trade) = $9

Traded in

Xbox Blood Omen 2 $1.50

Ps2 Time Splitter $1.50
Madden 2004 $1.50

Picked up Tekken 5 for .89 more cents out of pocket.

I wasn't gonna get in on this at my BB because of the awful selection, but i gave another one a shot. Brothers in Arms was the only 05 game I saw, but otherwise, I was impressed. The BB employees had no idea how to do this sale, so it took awhile. Anyway, here are the trades:

Nightmare of Druaga - 18
NCAA March Madness - 12.50 (PS2, I think i noticed the XBox version was 7?)
Midway Arcade - 7

Got Metroid Prime 2.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Had my first GR experience today. I figured since the deals were ending on the 20th because of those damn dirty flippers, I'd better get in now and get rid of some of my worthless games.

Traded in:

-Xbox
MVP 05 $14
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Madden 04 $1.50
SCPT $4.75
NBA Street Vol 2 $3
ESPN NCAA BB 04 $.75 (WOO HOO!)
Max Payne $1.50
ESPN NBA 2K4 $1.50
Splinter Cell $3
Amped $1.50
MechAssault $5

-Gamecube
007 AUF $5 (wha?)
MegaMan NT $3
THPS3 $1.50
Aggressive Inline $1

Total credit: $58.31

Got in return:
Mercenaries XBX preowned $5
God of War PS2 $29.99
GTA: SA XBX $29.99

Preorders:
Zelda TTP GC $5
Sid Meier's Pirates XBX $5
Tiger Woods 06 360 $5
Madden 06 360 $5

Total out of pocket: $31.77

Guy at the counter was really helpful... he said they weren't taking pre-orders for the 360 console yet, but he was able to find Madden and Tiger for 360 in the system and let me put in preorders on those. He said Madden came up as $50 and Tiger came up as $60, but that I would only be paying $25 when I pick up regardless of the final retail price. Not a bad deal IMO.[/QUOTE]

if that's actually the deal you got then you screwed BB so hard it's funny. All those preorders are supposed to be $29.99 not $5. Or did you just put $5 down on each of those games?

If that's the case then you got screwed by not taking advantage of the trade 3 get one for $5 deal on the 8 other games you traded in. Which i'm assuming is the case because you listed 1 game you got for $5 (t3g1$5) and 2 games you got for $29.99 (using the trade 2 get 1 new $30).;)

Quick question/long rant - A friend and I went to a local GameRush today to trade in two games for the $29.99 and had a slight problem.

The nice young woman that rang us up had a problem with the register and called over a woman to tell her that the game was not coming up as $29.99. (Donkey Konga 2) The woman, rather sarcastically replied that that sale had ended.

I said (because of this thread) that I thought it "Did not end until September 5th?" and she said that they were "Losing too much money so the manager ended that particular sale at that store."

At this point my friend had gotten upset because I had already signed away his two games since we used my account to make the transaction - he said to the woman, "I would not have traded my games in if I knew that."

She said, "Well, okay - just this time" in a holier than thou attitude. During all of this the original lady that was ringing us up was behind her and was rolling her eyes.

After the woman walked away she said that it was in the corporate book or something and brought out a big book and showed us - that it did indeed end on September 5th.

My question to those in the know - who is correct? Can the manager change sales for their own store or is that sale still supposed to be on?

I'd like to get a couple more games myself to be honest, but for my friend I felt a bit embarassed since I told him about how nice they had been. (up until today)

[quote name='$hady']if that's actually the deal you got then you screwed BB so hard it's funny. All those preorders are supposed to be $29.99 not $5. Or did you just put $5 down on each of those games?

If that's the case then you got screwed by not taking advantage of the trade 3 get one for $5 deal on the 8 other games you traded in. Which i'm assuming is the case because you listed 1 game you got for $5 (t3g1$5) and 2 games you got for $29.99 (using the trade 2 get 1 new $30).;)[/QUOTE]

Not seeing how I got screwed... I used the trade two, get a preorder for $30 on the other 8 games I traded in, and then I prepaid $5 for each of those games. So I traded 8 to get 4 $30 preorders ($25 after what I prepaid), traded 4 to get 2 $30 new releases, and traded 3 to get a preowned for $5. The credit from all 15 games basically covered the three games I walked out with.

Does that make more sense or am I still missing something?

[quote name='Maizrim']My question to those in the know - who is correct? Can the manager change sales for their own store or is that sale still supposed to be on?

I'd like to get a couple more games myself to be honest, but for my friend I felt a bit embarassed since I told him about how nice they had been. (up until today)[/QUOTE]

I think the managers can pretty much do whatever they want. If they got bombarded with flipping because of the specials, they would probably even have the blessing of their DM's to end the sales.

man I love game rush I just traded in the following:
turok evolution($1.50)
blowout($1.50)
gt4($30)
smackdown just bring it($1.00)
simpson's road rage($8.00)
ford racing2($1.50)

I picked up
burnout 3($5.00)
KOF collector's edition($5.00)

I walked out with $35.51 credit
damn this rocks!!!

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Not seeing how I got screwed... I used the trade two, get a preorder for $30 on the other 8 games I traded in, and then I prepaid $5 for each of those games. So I traded 8 to get 4 $30 preorders ($25 after what I prepaid), traded 4 to get 2 $30 new releases, and traded 3 to get a preowned for $5. The credit from all 15 games basically covered the three games I walked out with.

Does that make more sense or am I still missing something?[/QUOTE]

So you are saying you used the trade 2 preorder a game for $30 and they only made you pay $5 per game today? My GRs make me pay the whole thing at once, if yours didnt thats great. I just read it as you preordered those games for $5 each and i thought either the store messed up or your simply preordered using no deal.;)

I love you bye :bouncy:

I can confirm that theyre new 360 games in the system. I got Gears of War, Kameo,Ghost Recon 3(listed as Tom Clancy Ghost Recon 3),Perfect Dark Zero. I didnt see College Hoops 2k6 on there. Maybe its listed in some other name. They also had Saints Row as well. Ill preorder that next. I wonder if theyll quit the deals until the realize that gamers wont pick Gamerush over the other game chains until they match or beat the other stores in deals. I mean at other stores theres no wait for a preorder you already bought. Some GR's make you wait until that Friday. Alot of ppl i know arent flippers,so to penalize everyone for the acts of a few is just crazy.

Gamerush has changed the way i look at my games now. Because of their deals,i can play a game i bought or preordered and trade it when im done(not flipping mind you). Someone else can get that game and keep or share it with family and/or friends. I like that. Then if i want that game,i can wait until it drops in price so i can scoop it up with the Buy 2 get 1 free or Buy 1 get 1 50% off. The majoriy of ppl violating arent the majority of ppl trading. You always run the risk of ppl exploiting something in any sale. Just clamp down on things a little harder.

Cory was excellent in sharing deals and upcoming events. He wasnt here promoting destroying BB or GR. The "Lurker" is hurting Gamerushes future sales. Ive turned many ppl into Gamerush buyers. So many ppl were looking for cheap games for their kids. And they could get Buy 1 get 50% off on lets say the $9.99 games. Thats 2 games for less than $20. Those customers will be gone if these deals end. Ill hate to have to leave GR,but i will if they show they dont care to keep an edge over their competition.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']I can confirm that theyre new 360 games in the system. I got Gears of War, Kameo,Ghost Recon 3(listed as Tom Clancy Ghost Recon 3),Perfect Dark Zero. I didnt see College Hoops 2k6 on there. Maybe its listed in some other name. They also had Saints Row as well. Ill preorder that next. I wonder if theyll quit the deals until the realize that gamers wont pick Gamerush over the other game chains until they match or beat the other stores in deals. I mean at other stores theres no wait for a preorder you already bought. Some GR's make you wait until that Friday. Alot of ppl i know arent flippers,so to penalize everyone for the acts of a few is just crazy.

Gamerush has changed the way i look at my games now. Because of their deals,i can play a game i bought or preordered and trade it when im done(not flipping mind you). Someone else can get that game and keep or share it with family and/or friends. I like that. Then if i want that game,i can wait until it drops in price so i can scoop it up with the Buy 2 get 1 free or Buy 1 get 1 50% off. The majoriy of ppl violating arent the majority of ppl trading. You always run the risk of ppl exploiting something in any sale. Just clamp down on things a little harder.

Cory was excellent in sharing deals and upcoming events. He wasnt here promoting destroying BB or GR. The "Lurker" is hurting Gamerushes future sales. Ive turned many ppl into Gamerush buyers. So many ppl were looking for cheap games for their kids. And they could get Buy 1 get 50% off on lets say the $9.99 games. Thats 2 games for less than $20. Those customers will be gone if these deals end. Ill hate to have to leave GR,but i will if they show they dont care to keep an edge over their competition.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, trading a game you bought on preorder according to my GR is also considered flipping. I think that is ridiculous, but the GR rules are out of control. They are looking at it from a cost vs. profit point of view. If you boufgt it for 29.99 and somehow trade it back for 35$ you are flipping. They seem to forget the point that you traded in two games to get the 29.99 deal.

Fiddlesticks.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 2 about 4 months ago.

Also is GR allowing people to use the trade 2 get a pre-order for $30 on Kameo or Perfect Dark Zero?

[quote name='stoned99']Just so you know, trading a game you bought on preorder according to my GR is also considered flipping. I think that is ridiculous, but the GR rules are out of control. They are looking at it from a cost vs. profit point of view. If you boufgt it for 29.99 and somehow trade it back for 35$ you are flipping. They seem to forget the point that you traded in two games to get the 29.99 deal.[/QUOTE]

youve got to be kidding me. I think this is ymmv. i occasionally trade back a game i preordered from them if i really dont like it, and dont want to put time into playing it.

the GR manager is usually happy about that and says he will put it on the rack with the other good games.

the gamerushes i go to would most likely much rather see a good game get traded in more crapty games get traded in. i suppose it is possible that the DM or whoever audits accounts could ban people for trading in games that we preordered, but really that is just silly.

traded in:

nfl gameday 04 - 3
ncaa gamebreaker 04 - 1.50
madden 04 (ps2) - 1.50
ncaa march madness 5 - 12.50 (2x)
astro boy - 8

i picked up sw: republic commando and doom 3 for $5 each.

I love Gamerush (and Gamestop, since they helped me get a great deal)! Today, I used the b2g1f at Gamestop and got 3 cheapy games for an approximate total of $15. I then went to Gamerush, traded in those 3 games, and got Metroid Prime 2 (which is a $40 value). If I wasn't broke as a joke right now, I would hit up Gamerush a lot more often.

It's too bad the sale is ending... the Gamerush here just put out a few used PSP titles (due to the 21 day holding period in Florida, it takes some time for games to get from trade in to the store floor... flipping hurts us the worst in this state)

Can't wait to go tommorrow at 10 am to get Wipeout Pure for $5.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's too bad the sale is ending... the Gamerush here just put out a few used PSP titles (due to the 21 day holding period in Florida, it takes some time for games to get from trade in to the store floor... flipping hurts us the worst in this state)

Can't wait to go tommorrow at 10 am to get Wipeout Pure for $5.[/QUOTE] Oh man, you're lucky. The guy at the register said that they sold all of their preowned PSP games like an hour before I got there.

[quote name='dracula']youve got to be kidding me. I think this is ymmv. i occasionally trade back a game i preordered from them if i really dont like it, and dont want to put time into playing it.

the GR manager is usually happy about that and says he will put it on the rack with the other good games.

the gamerushes i go to would most likely much rather see a good game get traded in more crapty games get traded in. i suppose it is possible that the DM or whoever audits accounts could ban people for trading in games that we preordered, but really that is just silly.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but flipping has become an irrational arguement for BB. They feel that you should never be able to profit from your trading. It's against them "Letting" you trade your old games towards new games. I swear the DM left me a message saying just that. GR are doing this as a favour to you all, I suggest you all ask them kindly to let you give them your games for free, that way they won't charge you a waste disposal fee.

[quote name='jkircos']I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 2 about 4 months ago.

Also is GR allowing people to use the trade 2 get a pre-order for $30 on Kameo or Perfect Dark Zero?[/QUOTE]

Kameo is a funny one, I think you could have actually preordered it for N64, it's been delayed about 2 years :)

[quote name='klyco']Anyone know how much they'd get for Metroid, Castlevania, and Zelda 2 at Gamestop? I was thinking of buying them and then selling them at Gamestop or EB.[/QUOTE]

i assume you mean the gba games, i think gamestop will offer you 2 or 3 dollars per game.

Has anybody ever had luck finding good used DS games at their Gamerush?

I've seen Super Mario 64, Asphalt, Mario 64, and Urbz at all three Gamerush's I've been to, but I've never once seen Mr Driller, Yoshi's Touch and Go, or Warioware at any of these stores.

[quote name='$hady']So you are saying you used the trade 2 preorder a game for $30 and they only made you pay $5 per game today? My GRs make me pay the whole thing at once, if yours didnt thats great. I just read it as you preordered those games for $5 each and i thought either the store messed up or your simply preordered using no deal.;)

I love you bye :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what happened :D

But now you've got me kind of worried. They did ask me if I wanted to pay $5 or the whole thing now, and he did tell me that I'd get my 360 games for $30 instead of $40, but how do they keep track of how much I owe them? My reciept says I paid $5, but not that I used a deal to get the price down to $29.99. They keep track of that stuff in their computers, right?

[quote name='Usa Ghost']

Cory was excellent in sharing deals and upcoming events. He wasnt here promoting destroying BB or GR. The "Lurker" is hurting Gamerushes future sales. [/QUOTE]

Oddly enough pretty much everything you said summed up my reasons for posting the deals. While I can't really discuss matters as of yet, I can say that there are others that completely are on the opposite spectrum.

I thank everyone for the support and will post any good deals I see around in the videogame/movie world. Not only was I an employee of Blockbuster, I was and still will be a customer, and may even continue to be an investor, as I still have faith in the Game Rush brand.

[quote name='Roufuss']Has anybody ever had luck finding good used DS games at their Gamerush?

I've seen Super Mario 64, Asphalt, Mario 64, and Urbz at all three Gamerush's I've been to, but I've never once seen Mr Driller, Yoshi's Touch and Go, or Warioware at any of these stores.[/QUOTE]

i saw a yoshi's touch and go today at a local GR. i think the DS games are hard to come by since not a lot of people are buying them from what i can see.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Oddly enough pretty much everything you said summed up my reasons for posting the deals. While I can't really discuss matters as of yet, I can say that there are others that completely are on the opposite spectrum.

I thank everyone for the support and will post any good deals I see around in the videogame/movie world. Not only was I an employee of Blockbuster, I was and still will be a customer, and may even continue to be an investor, as I still have faith in the Game Rush brand.[/QUOTE]

He's back, I love you. ;)

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Yeah that's what happened :D

But now you've got me kind of worried. They did ask me if I wanted to pay $5 or the whole thing now, and he did tell me that I'd get my 360 games for $30 instead of $40, but how do they keep track of how much I owe them? My reciept says I paid $5, but not that I used a deal to get the price down to $29.99. They keep track of that stuff in their computers, right?[/QUOTE]

Save all your receipts and go back tomorrow and talk to the manager just to be safe. I've never even seen anyone post on this site that they did a preorder deal and didn't have to pay the entire cost up front..... Hopefully all is cool but maybe, just maybe.:cry:

[quote name='Roufuss']Has anybody ever had luck finding good used DS games at their Gamerush?

I've seen Super Mario 64, Asphalt, Mario 64, and Urbz at all three Gamerush's I've been to, but I've never once seen Mr Driller, Yoshi's Touch and Go, or Warioware at any of these stores.[/QUOTE]

I've seen just about every title near me. I can help ya out if ya need any.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Oddly enough pretty much everything you said summed up my reasons for posting the deals. While I can't really discuss matters as of yet, I can say that there are others that completely are on the opposite spectrum.

I thank everyone for the support and will post any good deals I see around in the videogame/movie world. Not only was I an employee of Blockbuster, I was and still will be a customer, and may even continue to be an investor, as I still have faith in the Game Rush brand.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Cory - good to see you post again. Unbelievable that anything you posted here had ANY problems with BB corporate or even other employees/managers.

I was finally able to do my first ever trade 3 for $5 PO deal today at the local BB (I was right about the clerk yesterday assuming I was asking about the $5 bonus deal). The manager of this local BB (which has the best selection of used games of any non-GR store that I have seen) said she really wished the $5 bonus deal was still on. She said trades have dropped to almost nothing since that deal ended.

I picked up Star Wars Battlefront - not the best use of the deal, but better than getting it new for $30 I suppose. Since I've preorded both the PSP and PS2 version of SW Battlefront II, I suppose I need to play the first one :D.

I plan on using the deal to get some other mid-level priced games like Incredibles in the next few days. Even though these types of games are bound to go Player's Choice, or at least $19.99, soon enough, it is still a good deal if I can get decent copies. They had 4 SW Battlefronts and 3 of them had apparently been used as frisbees, or napkins, or something. The one I got was a bit scratched but not too bad. The manager couldn't believe the condition of one of them - she would never have accepted it herself. She even let me swap out the BB game case for the (new) case on the XIII I traded in! I just wish regular BB's would do the preorder deal - I'd do all my business there instead of GR.

Then I headed up to GR to do one more preorder. They don't have Fire Emblem in the system (the one they have in there is the GBA version, even though it is listed under Gamecube on their preorder sheet - which they were able to find today). They also don't have Tales of Eternia for PSP. Then I noticed something strange on their NDS preorder list - they have Burnout Revenge listed for DS! That has got to be a mistake as I am pretty sure there is not going to be a DS version. I asked if I could preorder that, and then, if they figure out the mistake at some point, would I still get the PSP one. They gave me a big spiel about how they can't change preorders because they will have ordered and paid for that game and thus can't switch it because they'll be stuck with the stock (which was not really my question, but OK). Interesting - looks like I won't be able to change preorders will-nilly at this store like some people have done at others. So I preordered Okami instead. I think I will go back and preorder the NDS "Burnout Revenge" anyway and just assume I'll actually get the PSP version.

As for my NCAA Football 2006 for GC preorder - they said it is still in the system so I have to wait until the release date to see if I actually get one or not. I have a promise from the manager that I can change this to another preorder and not just get $30 back if the game is cancelled. I asked twice, because knowing that the deal will be over then, I wanted to be sure I could get another preorder for $30. So we'll see how that goes when the alleged release date (mid-July I think) arrives.

Interesting info about not being able to switch preorders. I understand their point if the game is coming out soon. But is that really the case for some of these games that don't come out until November/December? I can't see how it would hurt them if I switch one of those now - they surely haven't ordered/paid for it yet?

Traded in (all Xbox):
GTA: SA - $30
Worms: Forts Under Siege - $8
Spy vs. Spy - $7

Got a new Hot Shots PSP for $29. Wanted to pre-order Zelda, but I'm sure there will be a way between now and its release where I don't have to spend any out-of-pocket money. I'd also like to wait to hear what the premium will be.

Traded in a few games today and picked of Advent Rising. Hopefully its a decent game, otherwise I'll trade it back in for Kirby DS on Tuesday.

Kameo is in the system as a 360 game. Tell them to input X360 in their search tool. Itll pull up all the available 360 games. It should be 3 pages long. Im still waiting for Top Spin 2 and College Hoops 2k6 to get in the system. Unless of course i missed them both.

And welcome back Cory. Youre the reason i frequent Gamerush. Without you,they wouldve lost another customer in me. Because of you i was able to get a Psp and a Ds by trading in my games. That wouldnt have happened as fast with the other chains. Now ive BOUGHT 4 Psp games and 2 Ds games. The deals helped me pick up titles i wouldve never thought to buy. For that i thank you. My Xbox collection is due to you. Shame that GR is behaving this way.

I totally understand a company protecting their bottomline. But,if in the process of cleaning up,they fling dirt in the eyes of loyal customers,i have a problem. I basically shopped exclusively at GR. Give or take a really cheap game at another chain. But i lived and breathed GR for games. I mean,if i wanted a game and didnt have enough credit to preorder or buy,id rent. Thats wonderful. Now i wont purchase a game from GR UNTIL they act more responsively. Not this knee-jerk reaction stuff theyve been pulling as of late. Many of us dont want to hurt these deals by exploiting them because we were afrad of just this. Now look at so many of us rishing to get in on a deal that we thought would be here for awhile. Its a shame.

Has anyone tried to preorder We Love Katamari, Trapt, Fatal Frame 3 or Indigo Prophecies for PS2? I want to try and get a few more games reserved before the deals are dead but need to make sure I have enough games.

[quote name='$hady']Save all your receipts and go back tomorrow and talk to the manager just to be safe. I've never even seen anyone post on this site that they did a preorder deal and didn't have to pay the entire cost up front..... Hopefully all is cool but maybe, just maybe.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Looks like I might have to do that.

Can anyone that works at a GR verify that I should have paid the entire cost for a preorder upfront when using the "trade 2, get a preorder for $30" deal?

this sucks. my gamerush wont let me preorder xbox 360 games. i really want to preorder call of duty 2, kameo, perfect dark 0, and ghost recon 3. since i want to trade in 2 games right now, i thought i could maybe get one of these for $40, but i guess i just wont. eh.

is it confirmed that the 2 deals will be ending throughout the nation, or only in certain areas? Any word if any deals will be replacing these?

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Looks like I might have to do that.

Can anyone that works at a GR verify that I should have paid the entire cost for a preorder upfront when using the "trade 2, get a preorder for $30" deal?[/QUOTE]

ive done this deal many, many times, and every time, i have been told to pay for the whole game upfront. talk to the manager tomorrow. im sure you wont have a problem

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Can anyone that works at a GR verify that I should have paid the entire cost for a preorder upfront when using the "trade 2, get a preorder for $30" deal?[/QUOTE]
Don't work there but when I preordered a game a month or so ago a new kid was being trained and he asked me how much I wanted to put down on the game. I told him all $30 because I thought you had to for the deal. The GR manager was at the next register and told him it does have to paid off in full when the deal is used.

Anyone else have a problem with Virgil at the riverside store.... ? I just don't go to his store.... all he is doing is making sure people who trade in 3 games and get one for 5.00 , is to ensure people take that 5.00 game and take it to GAMECRAZY since they match credit paid by gamerush/blockbuster.... So take the good games to other stores, at least Gamecrazy know's what they are doing. I've never been to a GAMERUSH and not had some sort of problem with the transaction.

You don't have to go to Gamerush to get high buy back prices... you can take that 5.00 game you buy from them, and take it to GAMECRAZY since they match credit paid by gamerush/blockbuster.... So take the good games to other stores, at least Gamecrazy know's what they are doing. I've never been to a GAMERUSH and not had some sort of problem with the transaction.

[quote name='dmode249']Anyone else have a problem with Virgil at the riverside store.... ? I just don't go to his store.... all he is doing is making sure people who trade in 3 games and get one for 5.00 , is to ensure people take that 5.00 game and take it to GAMECRAZY since they match credit paid by gamerush/blockbuster.... So take the good games to other stores, at least Gamecrazy know's what they are doing. I've never been to a GAMERUSH and not had some sort of problem with the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Is he the tall, white bald guy?

[quote name='aaa']this sucks. my gamerush wont let me preorder xbox 360 games. i really want to preorder call of duty 2, kameo, perfect dark 0, and ghost recon 3. since i want to trade in 2 games right now, i thought i could maybe get one of these for $40, but i guess i just wont. eh. [/QUOTE]

They won't let you use the deal, but my GR allows me to preorder an xbox game, then change the preorder (at a later date) for a 360 one and pay the $10 difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back