Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

On September 13th, buy 2 get 1 free on pre-played games ends.

That same day the new sale starts, 25% off all pre-played games.

There's still no end date for the $29.99 preorder deal.

The extra 25% credit on 3+ trade-ins also ends on the 13th.

[quote name='drfrielgood']On September 13th, buy 2 get 1 free on pre-played games ends.

[/QUOTE]

That is kind of decent.

Means that all 44.99 games will be 33.75. Why such a drastic sale though? It seems like a big cut into their profit margin doing this.

how much are the disgaea reprints going for. The Frys I go to has had about 10-15 copies on their shelves for over a year now. The reason was that they were priced 49.90, which is quite a bit more than an old game should go for. If by reprints you mean the price has gone down, whats the new price? Thanks for the info.

I am trying to find the trade value of:
Gran Turismo 4 - PS2
Xenosaga - PS2

so I can decide if its worth trading in. Thanks.

[quote name='drfrielgood']On September 13th, buy 2 get 1 free on pre-played games ends.

The extra 25% credit on 3+ trade-ins also ends on the 13th.[/QUOTE]

I think I like the 25% off deal more than the buy 2 get 1 free deal. Sure, you get less of a savings (33% vs. 25%) but I never wanted to buy 3 used games at once. I will probably pick up RE4 now since the game frustrated me too much for me to finish it. Game should cost around $30 after the deal.

[quote name='aaa']I think I like the 25% off deal more than the buy 2 get 1 free deal. Sure, you get less of a savings (33% vs. 25%) but I never wanted to buy 3 used games at once. I will probably pick up RE4 now since the game frustrated me too much for me to finish it. Game should cost around $30 after the deal.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this was my problem, the Gamerush never had three games that were worth buying all at once for me to actually take advantage of it.

I will probably pick up Forza though, since the MSRP on a new copy will drop to 30 sometime soon, GR will charge 24.99 probably, and I can pick it up for under 20.

I just stopped by my GR and got a NON-GH version of Castlevania: SotN in pretty good condition, COMPLETE. It cost me $5 credit. :D I found Final Fantasy: Anthology (GH) and Chronicles NON-GH there also for $7 and $5, but gave them to my brother to buy because he played FF3 (Amercian) and Chrono Trigger when he was a kid on his SNES. I'm kicking myself now because I could've gotten all three for $12 plus tax, but instead gave them to my brother, because I'm such a nice person. :D But I really want to play FF3 and CT. :( Hopefully they have more copies when I go back there one day. Also, when I picked up the Castlevania (Non-GH) a guy ran up to me saying that he would give me $5 to take it off my hands before I bought it, because he had been searching for it for so long on eBay. Yea right, I refused him. Luckily my brother called me away before the guy could say anything more. Who would actually give away a non-GH version of SotN for $5. I'm a kid so I guess he didn't think I was smart enough to know it was so rare. But whatever. I'm going back on the 13th to get RE4 and maybe God of War, and then the FF: Chronicles and Anthology if they have more in stock. :D

Ooohhh... I will have to get a few more trades done soon then - I'll be sad to see the 25% bonus credit go. I'd much rather have that than 25% off used games.

Good to hear the preorder deal is continuing. Hopefully, though, they will get Mario Party 7 and Super Mario Strikers into the system before the bonus credit deal ends. If not, I'm going to reserve something I don't want that comes out a while from now, then see if I can switch it later when they do show up. Very YMMV at my store, but hopefully I can swing it.

25% off Used Games is awesome. I better go the first day so I can for sure get a copy of God of War and Resident Evil 4. But doesn't this sale mean that trade-in prices are going to go down? :'(

[quote name='nakanenui']how much are the disgaea reprints going for. The Frys I go to has had about 10-15 copies on their shelves for over a year now. The reason was that they were priced 49.90, which is quite a bit more than an old game should go for. If by reprints you mean the price has gone down, whats the new price? Thanks for the info.

I am trying to find the trade value of:
Gran Turismo 4 - PS2
Xenosaga - PS2

so I can decide if its worth trading in. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You should have picked up all those Disgaea's about 2-3 months ago. They were selling on eBay for $70-$80 back then. You could have made a profit of about $200 :D... It is very unusual that your Fry's had so many for so long. At my Fry's I remember seeing a few there about 4-5 months ago but they didn't get them in again till last week with the reprint. The reprint is still priced at $49.99 but more availability might bring the price down a bit. For example, eBay prices are down to $45 shipped (so don't buy them at Fry's now to sell!). I bought one in store the other day - the only time I have ever paid full price, cash, for a game. I am going to return it though because outpost.com has it for $34.99 (plus their asinine $7 shipping).

It's too bad GR doesn't get these types of games in. I would have paid $49.99 in GR credit to get it in a second...

I just hope this damn game is as good as everyone hypes it to be :D.

Two old favorites are holding steady:

Xbox Galleon : $20
PS2 Nightmare of Druaga : $15.75

Used that to preorder Xbox Suffering : Ties that bind, and I got my Xbox 360 reserved with a $100 deposit. Now, anybody got a trade value for Xbox Scrapland? Its on sale for $10 at EB and is a recent-ish release, might be obscure enough to be another Echo Night Beyond!

Pretty huge news as everyone knows that Gamerush offers the best trade in deals bar none. So starting this weekend all Blockbusters except those in Florida are offereing the same trade in deals you'll find at all Gamerushes.

Excellent news for those of you with no Gamerushes around.

Please post the location of your Blockbuster if you get the deals there so people here can take advantage as well.

Peace

Traded in

Spiderman New Animated Series UMD- $12 no 25% bonus
Madden 06 XB - $43.75
Mortal Kombat Deception - $15.63

For some reason the system didn't add the 25% bonus for the spiderman umd, but I did get the bonus for the games.

[quote name='Gorilla Jones']Pretty huge news as everyone knows that Gamerush offers the best trade in deals bar none. So starting this weekend all Blockbusters except those in Florida are offereing the same trade in deals you'll find at all Gamerushes.

Please post the location of your Blockbuster if you get the deals there so people here can take advantage as well.

Peace[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but surely it isn't ALL the trade-in deals that GR offers? Not the preorder deal for example. The BB's around me have been taking trades and doing SOME of the GR deals for a while now. I know that in Arizona and Maryland I went in to trade and they said they would be starting soon. So maybe all BB's are going to take trade-ins (and I'm sure at the same base prices as GR), but are they really going to do ALL the GR deals?

My local BB, for example, did the $5 bonus trade and the trade 3 get a PO for $5, but they are NOT doing the 25% bonus deal and have never done any preorders.

Thanks for the info. The way I'm reading it, is September 12th the last day for buy 2 get 1 free or does it last till the 13th (just want to make sure that I wouldn't be able to get buy 2 get 1 free and the 25% off on that day)? I'm guessing its one way or the other but just thought I'd ask.

I was at Gamerush today and was seriously thinking about picking up Metal Slug 3 (Xbox) for $24.99 but also wanted to take advantage of the b2g1f deal. Was also looking at Metal Slug 4/5 (PS2) and DDR Extreme (PS2) for $34.99 but wanted to use the deal to the fullest. Now I'm contemplating waiting and just pickiing up Metal Slug 3 for %25 percent off on the 13th.

Also thanks for posting the price of Forza. Don't know if I should pick that up with Metal Slug 3 and another game for $24.99 each. Decisions, Decisions. Anyone see any other good games for around $25 previously owned?

[quote name='drfrielgood']Today the price for preowned XBox Conker and Forza dropped to $24.99.[/QUOTE]

Dang...I was going to trade them in also. I probably still will, I might wait though with Conker since I'm still playing the single player a bit.

I also may wait to see if they have a XBOX360 deal in the future. Hmmm, that sounds good :)

Also, when does RS:Lockdown come out? Tuesday?

Went in to try to preorder 'xmen legends 2' for PS2 with 'Madden 06' and 'xenosaga' but got shot down because 'xenosaga' only trades at 7.00 (madden gets 35.00). I need to see what I can sell from my collection.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Now, anybody got a trade value for Xbox Scrapland? Its on sale for $10 at EB and is a recent-ish release, might be obscure enough to be another Echo Night Beyond![/QUOTE]

I bought it new at GR a few months ago for $20 so trade in is probably $8 tops.

[quote name='Gorilla Jones']Pretty huge news as everyone knows that Gamerush offers the best trade in deals bar none. So starting this weekend all Blockbusters except those in Florida are offereing the same trade in deals you'll find at all Gamerushes.

Peace[/QUOTE]

WTF why not Florida :(

[quote name='nakanenui']Went in to try to preorder 'xmen legends 2' for PS2 with 'Madden 06' and 'xenosaga' but got shot down because 'xenosaga' only trades at 7.00 (madden gets 35.00). I need to see what I can sell from my collection.[/QUOTE]

If it trades at $7 it should have worked. Or is that what they sell it for? In any case, doesn't the game just have to SELL for $6.99 or more? So it should have worked. I've used $3 (trade-in value) games for the preorder deal.

I went in to GR tonight (Sunday). They have NO "Labor Day Weekend Sale" going on of any kind (no Buy 1 Get 1 on $6.99 games or discounts or anything of that sort). Just the usual Buy 2 Get 1 free.

Got the following, before bonus:

GBA - Iridion 2: $10
GBA - Wing Commander Prophecy: $6.80
PS2 - Ghost in the Shell: $15.75
GC - FIFA Street: $15.75
GC - Baldur's Gate: $6.75

Was quoted $3 for PS2 Atari Anthology

Preordered Shadow the Hedgehog and another Fire Emblem: PoR that I hope to switch later to Mario Party 7 or Super Mario Strikers.

Obviously, then, those two are NOT in the system. Also, Mario & Luigi and Metroid Pinball for DS, and Untold Legends 2 (which is on their printed sheet but with no part number) and Black & White creatures for PSP are NOT in the system.

anyone know if you get splinter cell:pt for free if you preorder rainbow six:lockdown? also, are they still not taking preorders for xbox 360 games? thanks.

[quote name='rperez1025']. . .

Also thanks for posting the price of Forza. Don't know if I should pick that up with Metal Slug 3 and another game for $24.99 each. Decisions, Decisions. Anyone see any other good games for around $25 previously owned?[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden is $24.99; I've been debating this exact trifecta since we got the Forza drop. The problem is finding a GR that has all three titles preowned with manual and in good shape. Good luck.

[quote name='jaffray']anyone know if you get splinter cell:pt for free if you preorder rainbow six:lockdown? also, are they still not taking preorders for xbox 360 games? thanks.[/QUOTE]

They ARE taking pre-orders for 360 games...just not with the deal (of course, some may let you ...but VERY YMMV)

I traded yesterday and got $47 in taded for 4 old games with the 25%. The funny thing was the gave me like $22 dollars for galleon and bought it for $14 at EB.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Yes, you do get Pandora Tomorrow free if you preorder Lockdown on either the PS2 or XBox.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I'll be sure to ask for it when I pick it up this week. I usually DON'T get freebies, but for a free game, I may have to ask.

XB Galleon - $20 (Paid $10 at TRU)
PS2 Nightmare of Druaga - $15.75 (Paid $10 at TRU)
XB Ghost Recon: Island Thunder - $5 (Paid $5 at Target)
GC LOTR ROTK - $5 (Had)

I ended up with $57+ in credit and was able to preorder GC Xmen Legends II and PS2 Soul Calibur III for just another $6 out of pocket.

Edit: forgot to mention values are before 25% bonus

about the trade in 2 get 1 preorder. well, the fine print says 7.99 (minimum) trade value in order to qualify. I need to check and see if they will allow me to use the 25% bonus trade value with the preorder deal.

jkanownik - thats cool that they let you preorder using games with trade value of $5. Your math doesnt add up.

[quote name='nakanenui']about the trade in 2 get 1 preorder. well, the fine print says 7.99 (minimum) trade value in order to qualify. I need to check and see if they will allow me to use the 25% bonus trade value with the preorder deal.

jkanownik - thats cool that they let you preorder using games with trade value of $5. Your math doesnt add up.[/QUOTE]

They are not "supposed" to combine deals...thus, it was either 25% bonus or the pre-order deal.

I just got a good deal at gamerush!

PS2 - Nightmare of Druaga - $19.69 w/25%
Xbox - Star Wars Epi III - $37.50 w/25% ( I was surprise they still gave $30 for this game)
PSP - Ape Escape - $27.50 w/25%

Just got back from good old GR. My trades values were:

Xbox Forza-$15.63
Destroy all Humans-$37.50

PSP Nba Street Showdown-$35.00

All values include the 25% bonus

called and asked... will go in and find trade values for others.
halo-xbx-$8.00
SSX3-xbx-$8.00
billy hatcher-gc
tales of symphonia-gc
fzero gx-gc
supermonkeyball2-gc
GT4-ps2-$18.00
RE4-gc-$20.00

[quote name='nakanenui']about the trade in 2 get 1 preorder. well, the fine print says 7.99 (minimum) trade value in order to qualify. I need to check and see if they will allow me to use the 25% bonus trade value with the preorder deal.

jkanownik - thats cool that they let you preorder using games with trade value of $5. Your math doesnt add up.[/QUOTE]

Nope - the fine print says the games must RETAIL for $7.99 or more (I was off by $1). So a $5 trade-in or even a $3 trade-in (I think - they retail for $9.99 usually, right?) should work just fine. It is really only the $1 and $1.50 trade-ins that are excluded. If your GR didn't let you preorder with a $7 trade-in then they are WAY off on their knowledge of the deal :D. Now THAT store may have changed the restriction for themselves, but they aren't following the fine print of the GR deal.

Oh, and jkanownik's math is spot on if you add the 25% bonus in (though he didn't say he got that, but he must have)...

As for your unknowns above - I would assume $8 for Tales, and probably $5 for F-Zero and Billy Hatcher.

thanks io. i need to look at the rules and have a little chat with the GR employee. i hope things go smoothly since i frequent there fairly often.

[quote name='nakanenui']called and asked... will go in and find trade values for others.
halo-xbx-$8.00
SSX3-xbx-$8.00
billy hatcher-gc
tales of symphonia-gc
fzero gx-gc
supermonkeyball2-gc
GT4-ps2-$18.00
RE4-gc-$20.00[/QUOTE]

Tales of symphonia gets 8 beans

Also, Rock and Rolll Racing (GBA)
a cool 12 bucks

[quote name='aoLat']No, you do not need a minimum price to get the 25% bonus, doubledown.[/QUOTE]

The in-store flyer at my Gamerush states the retail price of the game has to be $7.99 or higher.

I went last night traded in 8 games, preordered 4 games. I dont have the list and prices at the moment, will update when I get home. If your store doesnt have the 25% bonus advertised, just ask. Last night the GR employee told me that no one else knew about the bonus except for him. For the preorder deal, the fine print says retail over 7.99 so as long as they sell it for 7.99 you should be cool. The employee gave me the bonus 25% on top of the preorder deal so I wasnt so bummed trading in my games for pennies from what I paid for them.

xbx Madden 06 - 43.75 (outrageous... almost retail.)
xbx ssx3 - 10.00
gc billy hatcher - 10.00
gc supermonkeyball2 - 10.00
gc fzero gx - 3.75
ps2 xenosaga - 8.75
gba yugioh world tourny - 5.00
halo - 10.00

8 games for 101.26, will update when I double check later tonight.

Preordered
PS2 Burnout Revenge
PS2 Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks
PS2 Spartan
PS2 X men legends 2

used $28 of credit in addition to my 101.26.

Well, I traded in:
Forza - $15.xx
Blink 2 - $10
Rainbow Six 3 - $6.xx

That is WITH 25% bonus

Also, no RS:Lockdown today...but they did have the Pandora Tomorrow freebies, so I'll pick that up tomorrow or Friday

[quote name='fillican']I just got a good deal at gamerush!

PS2 - Nightmare of Druaga - $19.69 w/25%
Xbox - Star Wars Epi III - $37.50 w/25% ( I was surprise they still gave $30 for this game)
PSP - Ape Escape - $27.50 w/25%[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on Ep III. I actually loved the game, but beat it a while back. For $37.50, I was happy to trade it in, since at some point that thing will plummet in value and I'll just nab it again then...

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back