GameRush Thread #8 No Current Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

There are no sales at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Trade-In Prices

All recent trade-in prices will be listed here along with the date they were reported. Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but there are some that differ per region. Trade-in prices generally change on Tuesdays.

:ds:

$10
Polarium 1/8/06
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1/15/06

$4.50
Sprung 1/8/06

:gba:

$10
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of The Souls 1/23/06

$2
Cartoon Network Block Party 1/15/06

:gc:

$30
Mario Strikers 1/5/06

$27
Fight Night Round 2 1/5/06

$24
Geist 1/25/06

$1.25
Metroid Prime 1/9/06

:ps2:

$30
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition 1/21/06

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$27
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region)1/16/06
Dynasty Warriors 5 1/7/06
God Of War 1/25/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/12/06 (Possibly dropped to $10)

$24
Disgaea 1/19/06
Echo Night 1/25/06
Kuon 1/25/06

$22
Killzone (differs by region) 1/8/06

$21
Psychonauts 1/22/06 (Down from $24)

$19
Ghost In The Shell 1/25/06
Haunting Ground 1/11/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact 1/16/06
Nightmare Of Druaga 1/16/06
Samurai Western 1/22/06
Winning Eleven 8 12/31/05
World Tour Soccer 2006 1/19/06

$13.50
Metal Slug 4 & 5 1/5/06
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup 1/19/06

$12
Killer 7 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX 1/9/06

$10
Alien Homind 1/23/06
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region) 1/1/06
Killzone (differs by region) 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/16/06 (Possibly dropped from $27)

$7
Killzone (differs by region) 1/11/06
Madden 2005 1/19/06
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/19/06
The Sims: Bustin' Out 1/19/06
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom 1/19/06

$6
Burnout 2 1/19/06
Powerdrome 1/16/06

$5.50
Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore 1/21/06

$5
Siren 1/24/06

$4.25
Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel 1/25/06

$1.50
Duel Masters 1/2/06

:psp:

:xbox:

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

$27
Flatout 1/16/06
Half-Life 2 1/3/06

$24
GunGriffon: Allied Strike 1/24/06

$19
Burnout Revenge 1/2/06
Galleon 1/20/06
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 1/19/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact: Maniax 1/12/06
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 1/5/06

$16
Winning Eleven 8 1/9/06
Wrestlemania 21 1/20/06

$15
King Kong, Peter Jackson's 1/9/06

$12
FIFA Street 1/23/06
PowerDrome Racing 1/12/06

$10
X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse 1/2/06

$9.50
Monster Garage 1/19/06
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II 1/19/06

$7
American Chopper 1/19/06
Kung Fu Chaos 1/15/06
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within 1/9/06
Silent Hill 4 1/9/06
Sonic Mega Collection Plus 1/19/06
Spider-Man 2 1/19/06
X-Men Legends 1/9/06

$6
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time 1/9/06
Project Gotham Racing 2 1/9/06

$4.25
Red Dead Revolver 1/19/06

:360:

$35
Amped 3 1/21/06
Call Of Duty 2 1/24/06

$28.50
Kameo 1/7/06
Perfect Dark Zero 1/24/06

$28
Madden 06 1/21/06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$9
Headset 1/8/06

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads: 2 3 4 5 6 7

Okay, I've traded in 3x Echo Night Beyond and 2x Kuon to 3 different Blockbuster/Gamerushes. Thanks a lot to the OP of these deals! Going for more today... :p

[quote name='Bezerker']Kuon is this game:

939010b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=939010

Gamestop's site is having a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so it'd be an easy way to make even more $.[/QUOTE]The 3FOR2PO doesn't work on this, since the games have to be $29.99 or more.

OK, so someone's GR HAS to know what deal is coming tomorrow!? I might try calling mine tonight but they usually don't know about the deals until I tell them about them anyway :D.

[quote name='banpeikun']The 3FOR2PO doesn't work on this, since the games have to be $29.99 or more.[/QUOTE]

Woops.

I called my Gamerush about Space Channel 5: Special Edition, and they said it was only $2.50 for the 1st disc and $1 for the 2nd... SO yea, not the $24 like it used to get.

[quote name='io']OK, so someone's GR HAS to know what deal is coming tomorrow!? I might try calling mine tonight but they usually don't know about the deals until I tell them about them anyway :D.[/QUOTE]

When I was at GR last night, the store manager was working the game desk, and he told me that the new deal was going to be "buy 2 get 1 free" on used games. I don't know if that's accurate or the only deal, but I guess we'll know tomorrow.

[quote name='elmyra']When I was at GR last night, the store manager was working the game desk, and he told me that the new deal was going to be "buy 2 get 1 free" on used games. I don't know if that's accurate or the only deal, but I guess we'll know tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That would be a crappy deal, since my GS has nothing but Kuon, Echo Night Beyond, Nightmare of Druaga, and Dead to Rights 2 :(

[quote name='elmyra']When I was at GR last night, the store manager was working the game desk, and he told me that the new deal was going to be "buy 2 get 1 free" on used games. I don't know if that's accurate or the only deal, but I guess we'll know tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - so it is back to the standard used game deal that ran most of last year. That makes sense as a replacement for the 25% off used games. But we were all hoping for another preorder deal. Wasn't the $39.99 new game deal also ending now - the replacement for that (if there is one) would be the big news.

Maybe I could use the Buy 2 Get 1 free to pick up (finally) some of the old rental GBA/DS games they have. I don't think they've moved too many of those (KH:COM for example). They had just seemed too overpriced even with the 25% off, knowing that they were former rental copies. But now that I have so much more credit :D...

[quote name='Roufuss']That would be a crappy deal, since my GS has nothing but Kuon, Echo Night Beyond, Nightmare of Druaga, and Dead to Rights 2 :([/QUOTE]
I wonder why ;) They just had this deal before the 25% off. It's a better deal if you can find 3 games you want, but the odds of that are small. I knew I should have checked the GBA section when I was there yesterday, but oh well.

[quote name='botticus']Well, Mentor mall GameStop has another Kuon (had to go get the disc that they didn't give me yesterday, and they had another complete copy ready to go before remembering that I got the case yesterday). Cleveland Heights has both, or they did last inventory check, but if you're willing to drive there before me when it has zero expressway access, you're welcome to it ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh not just for that. Theres a lot of Game Crazy and Exchange stores up there, and I really havent been up there since moving here. I figure it'd be worth a weekend just to make 70-80 stops at places and see what happens

Dave

Ship has this in the OP, but does anyone know what "select" Nintendo GBA games you can get with the GBA SP deal?

http://www.gamerush.com/promos/promo_nintendoBundle.php

heh - I was checking out the Gamerush web page, which I don't often do, to see if they updated it for any new deals - of course, they haven't, but the current ones are actually on there now, which is nice for a change.

I was thinking of picking up another GBA for my youngest (the kids fought over our one GBA on our last car trip :D). This is a good deal if I can get a decent game out of it as well (I would want FF IV but they didn't have it there last week). Of course, if this deal ends tomorrow like all the rest it is a moot issue...

[quote name='io']Ship has this in the OP, but does anyone know what "select" Nintendo GBA games you can get with the GBA SP deal?

http://www.gamerush.com/promos/promo_nintendoBundle.php

heh - I was checking out the Gamerush web page, which I don't often do, to see if they updated it for any new deals - of course, they haven't, but the current ones are actually on there now, which is nice for a change.

I was thinking of picking up another GBA for my youngest (the kids fought over our one GBA on our last car trip :D). This is a good deal if I can get a decent game out of it as well (I would want FF IV but they didn't have it there last week). Of course, if this deal ends tomorrow like all the rest it is a moot issue...[/QUOTE]

I know for sure that FFIV wasn't one of them. The only one I'm 100% positive of is WarioWare Twisted. Most, if not all, of them were Nintendo games and they were usually on an endcap at the stores around here.

Edit: Okay, I just got back from GR and the manager pulled out the map. Here's what I know:

1. The $50 games for $40 definitely ends today and is not getting replaced by any sort of deal. So if you are planning to use this deal, hurry.

2. The Nintendo bundle deals end today as well.

3. The 25% off used games will continue. There was no indication in the map to take down the signs or of any buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the only deal GR will have starting tomorrow is 25% off used games.

[quote name='MightySlacker']That'd be me, and not a lurker - I post here about it a lot. The Stow gamestop never had any Kuon, and I only got one from Chapel Hill was the plaza one - the mall never had any. I got my Kuons from Aurora, Macedonia and the other side of NE OHio - Youngstown and Boardman. Echo Night and Galleon were also scarce before I found the last on them. There's another CAGer by the name of jkanownik that gamerush's in the area, but I dunno what he gets to trade in.

Theres also a bunch of random people - wannabe Ebay millionares that I always see at the exchange stores

Dave[/QUOTE]
There must be another then. The Stow one had a copy when I called Friday and it showed on the website but I didn't think I could get in that day so I didn't have them hold it. They sold it Saturday afternoon an hour before I got there, damn work. The mall one had two copies yesterday. I grabbed one copy with money on a gift card I got for my birthday and figured out if it was worth buying the other copy over some Sbarros. By the time I went back, 15 minutes or so later, someone had called and had them put it on hold for them.

edit: Hit quote without reading on, oops.
[quote name='jkanownik']Yeah, I got one copy from the Stow store on Friday. Before I left the online inventory said Stow had 1-3 copies and Chapel Hill 0, so there weren't too many to go around.

There are quite a few of us that frequent these stores, but I've found that we'll all pretty good about not hoarding as I've been able to find a lot of stuff. The only problem we have is the group of soccer moms lurking on FW that wipe out all of the deals that get posted there. If there is a hot deal that gets posted on FW you better plan on being at the store when it opens.[/QUOTE]
Weird, the guy told me he sold a copy Saturday too. Maybe they got more or something? Really odd. First time I've been to Gamestop since EB was buying 64s for $50 last summer and I needed a few extra carts so I had no idea so many people around here went. Good to know so I can leave things in the future. The only other CAGer, I guess at least, I knew of was some guy in his mid to late 40s that raped CC during the July 4th sale of 04 and the TRU/coupon thing so I haven't bothered not trying to take full advantage since I figured I was just up against him. I knew there were quite a few of us in Cleveland and Akron but not in this exact area.

Bah - no new deals? You suck shipwreck :D JK...

Anyway, I guess I will have to exercise patience and hold on to my credit until something comes along. I was hoping for a preorder deal to get Grandia III - I would have even used the $39.99 deal for it (not home now). I guess I'll switch something iffy over to it, like B&W DS, if they'll let me. Otherwise, there wasn't much to preorder anyway, so I guess it is no huge loss. But they might want to bring something back sooner or later. Hey, how about the old $5 bonus deal that started about a year ago? :)

Seriously, though, ship, thanks for checking. I can now spend the rest of my free time on this trip playing Animal Crossing and the rest of the DS games I brought with me and not go looking for more games to trade in. I was starting to stock up a few cheap games from CC that, while providing no real profit, would have been good to use for the preorder deal (or $5 bonus deal), and were different than all the ones everyone trades in for profit (for some diversity!). I'll hold on to the couple I got, but no need to look for more.

Argh... now is it worth it for me to drive over to GameRush again to preorder Chibi-Robo to save $10 credit/$5 cash? I just don't know. I knew I should have just done that yesterday. Ah well.

Damn. No new deals. Definately a dissapointment. Hopefully this isn't the end of deals from GR. Now, do I trade in Condemned, or wait and see if they have a new trade in deal in the next few weeks...

Also, does anyone else think that GameRush will have the same preorder bonus with Full Auto and The Outfit, where if you preorder the game, you get a free faceplate? I am hoping so, because if they don't, I will probably end up laying out cash for Full Auto at GameStop.

Hey, just for kicks I went to the regular Blockbuster page, where they now tout the ability to trade in games at most BB - and the price guarantee where they claim they will beat other stores by 10% by the way.

Anyway, here's the "Trade Limit" clause:

BLOCKBUSTER® accepts most titles, except movies rated X or NC-17, or AO-rated games. Trades of any otherwise acceptable title are limited to two per day of the same title and game software platform. Games and hardware not traded in all stores. Trade offer is for personal use only and is not available to other retailers, dealers, or wholesalers. In order to enforce the foregoing, BLOCKBUSTER reserves the right to limit total quantities traded per Membership account in our sole discretion, without prior notice. BLOCKBUSTER strictly enforces applicable state and local laws, including any restrictions on sales to
minors, and requirements for government-issued photo ID. Certain state/local laws may require disclosure by us to designated law enforcement agencies of transactions, including personal information. All trade transactions are final upon completion and subject to the Trading Authorization and Trading Terms and Conditions.

As we have been saying all along, the only real hard and fast rule is 2 of a title PER DAY. Then they can enforce further limits if they think you are a retailer, dealer, or wholesaler. I don't think any of us qualify as those things, so we should be OK. However, as we all know, they HAVE banned people (which I guess is a result of their "right to limit total quantities traded per Membership account"). The $10,000 limit imposed in Dr Frielgood's district was probably a good way to weed out the most egregious "dealers", however you might define that term :D. It is certainly vague enough with the "sole discretion" and "without prior notice". They've covered themselves for just about any action with those clauses.

-----------------

And here's the "Trade Price Guarantee" that someone said their store's manager said was only to get people into the store or some such garbage. Seems pretty clear to me they are supposed to match printed quotes from other places:

If a customer receives a printed or advertised price from another local store greater than the price offered at BLOCKBUSTER for the same item (version, format, rating, year, edition – DVD and select game platforms only, excludes VHS), we want to know about it. BLOCKBUSTER will gladly match their price and beat it by 10% with valuable BLOCKBUSTER store credit at the time of trade or within 14 days of your trade. Competitor’s price must be an everyday offer (special offers or promotions are not applicable) for same item in acceptable trade condition and must be presented to BLOCKBUSTER along with the item, a dated printed quote or advertisement from our competitor (original only, reproductions not accepted). Customer must provide their dated receipt from BLOCKBUSTER within 14 days of trade to receive this offer. Our policy applies only to a competitor’s printed or advertised everyday prices. Our policy excludes Internet offers. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates or bundle offers or misprinted advertisements. BLOCKBUSTER reserves the right to limit quantities. Available only on items BLOCKBUSTER considers for trading. Participating BLOCKBUSTER stores only. Policy is subject to applicable law and to change without notice. Regular trading terms and conditions apply. All trades are final and cannot be reversed.

Now, given how much trouble it is to get trades to go through at all (especially at regular non-GR BB's) I wouldn't push this myself. But for those of you willing to give it a shot, I'd print off the whole page from blockbuster.com and bring it in :).

Hmm... the plot thickens. I finally got around to asking (on the phone) if Odama is in the system. It's on order, due out in March, so he assumes that means I can preorder it ;)

If only Chibi-Robo was available, I'd probably pass, but a $20 savings combined makes me a little more inclined to run out in case no other deal pops up in the next few weeks.

Good post, io. It makes me feel less shady scamming them with the trade-ins when I consider that I gave them a good $10 profit from buying Castlevania DoS (its not on the top-trade in board, so probably only gets $10-$15, I paid $22.50 after discount).

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... the plot thickens. I finally got around to asking (on the phone) if Odama is in the system. It's on order, due out in March, so he assumes that means I can preorder it ;)

If only Chibi-Robo was available, I'd probably pass, but a $20 savings combined makes me a little more inclined to run out in case no other deal pops up in the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Damn, now I'll have to come up with 2 games to switch :). I'll probably just stick to 2 DS games I preordered, using the excuse (valid, I might add) that they probably won't get them in anyway and I would have preordered these other games (Odama and Grandia III) instead.

[quote name='shipwreck']
3. The 25% off used games will continue. There was no indication in the map to take down the signs or of any buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the only deal GR will have starting tomorrow is 25% off used games.[/QUOTE]

I just went back to the same location this afternoon, and a different employee told me again that the 25% off ends today, but didn't know anything about the supposed B2G1F. I'm actually glad that the 25% off is continuing, though I wish they'd bring back the $30 preorder deal.

Oh, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms X is down to $10 today, at least at my location. I got $24 for Kuon and Echo Night PS2, and Siren PS2 was $6.

For the record, the map goes through the end of the month, correct? So its possible that there will be a new deal starting in February? (hoping for a preorder deal so I can get me my cheap future games!)

I've asked around a few local gamerushes and none seem to know about any new deals. Seems like they need something new soon. The glass cases for the high end games are completely full. If they don't do some kind of deal soon they are going to be out of luck.

Just a little FYI I traded in Echo Night and Kuon to a local BB tonight, instead of my usual GR. They still both got $24 as of 5 pm EST.

Someone is reading these threads and taking action :) I went to 3 seperate GS's tonite that were listed online as having Kuon or Echo Night - nada on all 3.

Unfortunately the normal BB's by me dont accept trade ins on games, that wouldve saved me a lot of miles.

Im going to open a trading account at another Gamerush in another county. Drop some more Kuon/Echo Nights there.

[quote name='TexTuna']Someone is reading these threads and taking action :) I went to 3 seperate GS's tonite that were listed online as having Kuon or Echo Night - nada on all 3.[/QUOTE]Sorry Tex, some of that may have been me. I'll send you a PM.

[quote name='Bezerker']Unfortunately the normal BB's by me dont accept trade ins on games, that wouldve saved me a lot of miles.

Im going to open a trading account at another Gamerush in another county. Drop some more Kuon/Echo Nights there.[/QUOTE]

If you head for Pinellas, I can tell you that the 49th Street North and 4th Street North locations are already well-stocked with both games. ;)

I brought in 5 games: Kuon, Echo Night, Black Hawk Down, KOF MI CE PS2, and KOF MI Xbox
The manager looked up my account for a very long time and pulled out all of my traded in games from his PC and said:

Manager - You can not trade in KOF MI CE PS2 and KOF MI Xbox because you have traded 2 of each already
I - OK
Manager - This is the last Black Hawk Down to trade in for your account
I - OK

After all I got:
Black Hawk Down - $27
Kuon - $24
Echo Night - $24

They really can pull your trade history out which is SUCK!!! only that guy is an AXXHOLE in that BB GR store... May Satan fuck him wih a Bird Flu:fridge:

[quote name='johnnyle']I brought in 5 games: Kuon, Echo Night, Black Hawk Down, KOF MI CE PS2, and KOF MI Xbox
The manager looked up my account for a very long time and pulled out all of my traded in games from his PC and said:

Manager - You can not trade in KOF MI CE PS2 and KOF MI Xbox because you have traded 2 of each already
I - OK
I - OK

After all I got:
Black Hawk Down - $27
Kuon - $24
Echo Night - $24

They really can pull your trade history out which is SUCK!!! only that guy is an AXXHOLE in that BB GR store... May Satan fuck him wih a Bird Flu:fridge:[/QUOTE]

Clearly, that guy is an "AXXHOLE" for upholding the rules. You know the rule is limit 2 tradein per title, yet you tried to abuse the system even more. Waaaah!

[quote name='flashburn']Clearly, that guy is an "AXXHOLE" for upholding the rules. You know the rule is limit 2 tradein per title, yet you tried to abuse the system even more. Waaaah![/QUOTE]
Nope, per io's post a page ago, it's 2 per title per day. Other than that it's up to the manager.

[quote name='botticus']Nope, per io's post a page ago, it's 2 per title per day. Other than that it's up to the manager.[/QUOTE]

YES!!!! that is what I am thinking... 2 per title per day and I only trade-in 1 title per week...

[quote name='aaa']Also, does anyone else think that GameRush will have the same preorder bonus with Full Auto and The Outfit, where if you preorder the game, you get a free faceplate? I am hoping so, because if they don't, I will probably end up laying out cash for Full Auto at GameStop.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about The Outfit, but my local GR's have had signage up for the Full Auto Faceplate for at least a week.

[quote name='elmyra']If you head for Pinellas, I can tell you that the 49th Street North and 4th Street North locations are already well-stocked with both games. ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time with the 49th Street North store, those employees there are assholes, espically the women who work over there... one is nicknamed "the beast", and for good reason.

There is only one cool employee, and he just fills in for the GR people every once in awhile.

[quote name='johnnyle']
I - OK
I - OK

[/QUOTE]

At least they just said no more of that title and didn't hand down some random full-on no trade ban as some people have reported. But you are right in thinking that sucks, especially if it is not evenly enforced, even at that location (some employees do, some don't). And as Botticus said, the only "rule", flashburn, is 2 of a title PER DAY. Of course, the local store can add whatever restriction they want, but it sounds like they didn't make this clear and don't enforce it evenly...

I'd be fine with GR making it 2 per title EVER (per location hopefully even though I only have one GR to go to - but plenty of regular BB's). This makes sense from their standpoint. But they need to make that official policy if so.

I noticed on the GC bundle deal they have a provision where you can only BUY 5 of the same system within 90 days. Wonder why that is in place? Are people (like those who are making $10,000 in credit) buying up systems and reselling them? I guess these would be the "dealers" they mention in the trade restrictions. I can't imagine that is so widespread that they needed to put a rule in place for it.

[quote name='elmyra']If you head for Pinellas, I can tell you that the 49th Street North and 4th Street North locations are already well-stocked with both games. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't waste your time with the 49th Street North store, those employees there are assholes, espically the women who work over there... one is nicknamed "the beast", and for good reason.

There is only one cool employee, and he just fills in for the GR people every once in awhile.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warnings, actually, i was planning on going to the Gamerush on Enterprise in Clearwater, its right by the Countryside Mall & Palm Harbor Gamestop. I was too tired to make the trip today, ill go tomorrow, hopefully the prices dont drop by tomorrow.

[quote name='io']I noticed on the GC bundle deal they have a provision where you can only BUY 5 of the same system within 90 days. Wonder why that is in place? Are people (like those who are making $10,000 in credit) buying up systems and reselling them? I guess these would be the "dealers" they mention in the trade restrictions. I can't imagine that is so widespread that they needed to put a rule in place for it.[/quote]

Well, with $170 in cash i was able to rack up $420, so i could buy 4 of the mario party gamecube bundles, then sell them for $120 each (most recent ebay purchase price). Thats actually a good idea. I've been thinking of ways to turn my store credit into actual money.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Well, with $170 in cash i was able to rack up $420, so i could buy 4 of the mario party gamecube bundles, then sell them for $120 each (most recent ebay purchase price). Thats actually a good idea. I've been thinking of ways to turn my store credit into actual money.[/QUOTE]

Be careful "dealer" :D! I would do something similar to get rid of my credit IF they decide to close Gamerush down. Till then I'll hold out hope for more preorder deals and the PS3/Revo preorder.

I'm surprised the Mario Party bundles would sell for more than $100 on ebay. I saw a pile at Best Buy the other day (yet no damn Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapters!).

Well, they were going for $95, but then the seller charged $25 for USPS shipping (and i know you could get Fedex/UPS for less than $25, so he's making some kinda profit off of it).

Its in the back of my mind that Gamerush may close down, but hopefully they'll give us some kind of warning, and maybe even some awesome clearance sales, like TRU is having ($44.99 for a year of 360 Live and a $20 mail in rebate is the bomb). Honestly, i'd be happy if i could just turn my Gamerush gift card into the kind of gift card i can use online. Worse comes to worse, im sure i can find something to buy.

[quote name='Bezerker']Thanks for the warnings, actually, i was planning on going to the Gamerush on Enterprise in Clearwater, its right by the Countryside Mall & Palm Harbor Gamestop. I was too tired to make the trip today, ill go tomorrow, hopefully the prices dont drop by tomorrow.,.[/QUOTE]

I went there once, a long time ago, they were pretty cool, let me do a trade in even though it was like 30 seconds before they were about to stop accepting them.

They had a pretty decent selection as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't waste your time with the 49th Street North store, those employees there are assholes, espically the women who work over there... one is nicknamed "the beast", and for good reason.

There is only one cool employee, and he just fills in for the GR people every once in awhile.[/QUOTE]

I've only seen two GR desk employees there. One is a young woman who always runs and disappears into the employee offices at the back of the store when I show up to trade, and the other is a skinny guy with a beard. Obviously, I don't like the woman, but the guy is okay. He's usually the one working when I go there, so I guess I've been lucky.

Cool to hear about the Full Auto faceplate. Hopefully my GR gets some in since I haven't see any signs yet.

Echo Night still gets $24 as of today.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm not sure about The Outfit, but my local GR's have had signage up for the Full Auto Faceplate for at least a week.[/QUOTE]

Damn it. I preordered another copy through ebgames.com oh well now I'll have 2 faceplates.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm not sure about The Outfit, but my local GR's have had signage up for the Full Auto Faceplate for at least a week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I will preorder Full Auto. I wonder, if I end up not wanting the game, could I pick up the game, keep the faceplate, and come back a few days later and return it?

Glad to see that FULL AUTO is getting a faceplate...hopefully my store gets this. I know extras are sometimes YMMV.

What does KOF (2-disc) get as trade in? Media Play had a few on Monday.

[quote name='johnnyle']I brought in 5 games: Kuon, Echo Night, Black Hawk Down, KOF MI CE PS2, and KOF MI Xbox

I - OK
I - OK

After all I got:
Black Hawk Down - $27
Kuon - $24
Echo Night - $24

They really can pull your trade history out which is SUCK!!! only that guy is an AXXHOLE in that BB GR store... May Satan fuck him wih a Bird Flu:fridge:[/QUOTE]

This is the reason I love that I have like 6 regular BB's and a GR within 10 miles of my house so I can trade many times when games like these come up. The only thing I hate is that most of my regular BB's around don't let you trade-in disk only games.

Remember folks that each GR/BB has at it's own risk the ability to limit the amount of copies of a certain title they will allow to be traded in. I am happy that the closest BB to me doesn't really enforce this rule because I can trade-in several copies of a high value title each day because I am like one of the few people that actually trades in games to that location.

[quote name='aaa']Thanks for the info. I will preorder Full Auto. I wonder, if I end up not wanting the game, could I pick up the game, keep the faceplate, and come back a few days later and return it?[/QUOTE]

Should be able to. All the freebies I gotten from them (not much) are just handouts so they are not listed on your receipt.

[quote name='elmyra']I've only seen two GR desk employees there. One is a young woman who always runs and disappears into the employee offices at the back of the store when I show up to trade, and the other is a skinny guy with a beard. Obviously, I don't like the woman, but the guy is okay. He's usually the one working when I go there, so I guess I've been lucky.[/QUOTE]

This was a very large and tall woman, with a thick mustache, and an evil, piercing glare. When I traded in a ton of Druaga and KoF:MI and my ex gf and friend also did, she accused my friend of trying to run a racket, and she's going to find out where these cheap games are coming from, and you better tell your "ringleader" (i.e me) that I better not trade anymore or get my lackeys to do it for me while she is here.

That skinny guy is ok, but he looks so burned out everytime I've gone in there, and often dosen't seem to know what he's doing. The tall, young, bald guy is the best in the store, no doubt.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Should be able to. All the freebies I gotten from them (not much) are just handouts so they are not listed on your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I never really played the KOTOR, so I want to pick up the first one used from GR. Does anyone know how much it is? I am guessing in the $12-$17 range before the 25% off. I really wish I could find a cheap strategy guide for the game, because it seems like the kind of game that you will get lost a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back