Games you were excited about and turned out to be TurDs !!!

[quote name='Chacrana']No, it's funny because it says "BioSOCK" Not Shock, sock. Like what's on your mom's feet until I fuck her.

:lol:[/QUOTE]
what u didnt get that verison of the power of the sock? sock daddies with the final boss being Mr. Socko?

lol oops, man i suck at typing

oops and i forgot to respond to u chac, gottat find price for berserk

Brave Fencer Musashi 2. Man that game sucked some big, big balls. So dissapointed in that game. The voice acting is the only thing keeping me from selling that game.

[quote name='Blackout542']Brave Fencer Musashi 2. Man that game sucked some big, big balls. So dissapointed in that game. The voice acting is the only thing keeping me from selling that game.[/quote]

Im a nut I actually like that game...

Here is another game to add to the list...

" HERDY GERDY"

I will probably re-buy FFXII when it get's cheap seeing I bought it at launch and after waiting so long I was mad at the game lol so I used my brothers employment to BB as an advantage and got my full refund.. But the FF player in me still wants to complete it to say I did it....

I even completed FFVII : Dirge of Pooo!!! :cold:

Virtually anything for the Sega Master System on a card. Transbot and F-16 Fighting Falcon especially. Ghost House too.

Space Harrier II's level theme would have been more appropriate for Harvest Moon.

WWF Superstars on the Game Boy's only redeeming value was being able to take the Hulk Hogan and Mr. Perfect themes wherever you went. (the Million Dollar Man's was an interesting interpretation) Also, Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, which removed everything fun from both Wrestlefest and Mortal Kombat, and mixed what was left with Vince McMahon reading NBA Jam announcer scripts. Actually, all WWF 2D wrestling games were a letdown.

But they weren't the only ones. Wrestle War on the Mega Drive was great in the arcade, and advertised domestically (U.S.) in the first Genesis posters bundled with games. You can play it on the Dreamcast's Sega Smash Pack.

And thanks, Sega, for the sound emulation in the Sega Smash Pack. Yuzo Koshiro's music couldn't sound better were it played by an orchestra of armpit farts.

Psychic World (Game Gear), Shadow of the Beast, Turrican, or any game where contact with an enemy equals a constant drain of the life bar.

All shareware advertised from '92 - '95.

The EB "make your own game" kit from 6 or so years ago.

The 32X itself, but Doom crashing to a C:\, losing in Brutal because the round began and the computer hit you before your life bar was filled, and Cosmic Carnage's existence deserve special notice.

[quote name='Chacrana']No, it's funny because it says "BioSOCK" Not Shock, sock. Like what's on your mom's feet until I fuck her.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='daroga']Turd might be a bit harsh, but games I was really looking forward to and ended up not really liking at all would include:
[/QUOTE]

Too true. The title of this topic should have been: "ITT We Lambaste Games We Hate That Are Critically Acclaimed!"

As fro what this topic actually asked for, games that I was hyped up for, but turned out to be disapointing:

1) All-Pro 2008 -- Don't get me wrong, it's a decent title and all, but after NFL 2k5 (which is is still one of the greatest Football titles ever), I was expecting something more. What I got was a stripped down version of NFL 2k5. Great game play can only take you so far.

2) Lair -- Without a doubt, the PS2's "Bouncer". It had promise, but was rushed out the gate to help give depth to an otherwise shallow library. Good thing I saw it's mediocrity months ago (here's a helpful tip: when game mags and sites start dropping hints in their previews that a game's going to suck, chances are high that it's going to suck).

3) SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters DS -- Take Yu-Gi-Oh & Magic, then strip away everything that makes either good and you get this. Oh, and toss in the worst single player campaign ever and you've got this turd.

Chess. Everybody talks about how great it is, and how it makes you, like, think and stuff, but it totally sucks. First, everybody has the same army; second, your guys don't level up; also, you always play with some haxxors who do that "castling" shit; lastly, it doesn't use up 1/1000th of a blu ray. You'd think a game that's been in development for 500 years would actually be good. So don't listen to reviewers.

EDIT: Oh, also, DMC 2 and MGS2.

[quote name='trq']Chess. Everybody talks about how great it is, and how it makes you, like, think and stuff, but it totally sucks. First, everybody has the same army; second, your guys don't level up; also, you always play with some haxxors who do that "castling" shit; lastly, it doesn't use up 1/1000th of a blu ray. You'd think a game that's been in development for 500 years would actually be good. So don't listen to reviewers.

EDIT: Oh, also, DMC 2 and MGS2.[/quote]

LOL yeah chess is definately a stale butt nugget... As for DMC 2 I spent a whole $7.00 buying it to complete my set lol..

Here is one that Level 5 dumped on us deemed the Zelda game for the PS2 lol

Dark Cloud...... :whistle2:k (gets a brown biscut award)

At least they got thier gear together and redeemed some pride with the second one..

I know I'm going to make a few say 'wtf' with this list or most of it anyway.

Stuntman-playing a mission a couple times to get it right= not bad, playing it fuckin 90 times because I miss my mark by a half a damned millimeter=annoying

State Of Emergency-biggest turd I've ever played in my life and I've played(and liked) ET for the 2600(then again, I was 9-10 when I played that)

Knights Of The Old Republic-I expected this to be an action title and instead of that I ran into the craptacularness I associate with the Final Fantasy games. Turn based play does NOT belong in a Star Wars game, a universe known for massive battles and lots of ACTION

Devil May Cry series-Horrible lock on and NO voice overs? YAY!! I get to read everything that this slappy is reading or thinking. Boorrrrring.

Star Wars Battlefront-one shot kills, by the enemy troops=a little too realistic and annoying for me.....

Ico-grab a dumb girl from a cage, drag her from point a to point b to point c, all while beating away demons,etc, etc. Wow, haven't heard of this story before, SO groundbreaking.

Chronicles Of Riddick-I tried giving this FPS a real shot, but I just couldn't get past the fact that it was another semi ho hum FPS with more 'different' weapon types. You've played one FPS, you've played them all.

I'm just glad most of the games I listed had better trade values than what I paid for them and in the case of SOE, EB gave me my money back because I pissed and moaned enough about it.

I have more, but really can't think of them right at this moment.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know I'm going to make a few say 'wtf' with this list or most of it anyway.

Stuntman-playing a mission a couple times to get it right= not bad, playing it fuckin 90 times because I miss my mark by a half a damned millimeter=annoying

State Of Emergency-biggest turd I've ever played in my life and I've played(and liked) ET for the 2600(then again, I was 9-10 when I played that)

Knights Of The Old Republic-I expected this to be an action title and instead of that I ran into the craptacularness I associate with the Final Fantasy games. Turn based play does NOT belong in a Star Wars game, a universe known for massive battles and lots of ACTION

Devil May Cry series-Horrible lock on and NO voice overs? YAY!! I get to read everything that this slappy is reading or thinking. Boorrrrring.

Star Wars Battlefront-one shot kills, by the enemy troops=a little too realistic and annoying for me.....

Ico-grab a dumb girl from a cage, drag her from point a to point b to point c, all while beating away demons,etc, etc. Wow, haven't heard of this story before, SO groundbreaking.

Chronicles Of Riddick-I tried giving this FPS a real shot, but I just couldn't get past the fact that it was another semi ho hum FPS with more 'different' weapon types. You've played one FPS, you've played them all.

I'm just glad most of the games I listed had better trade values than what I paid for them and in the case of SOE, EB gave me my money back because I pissed and moaned enough about it.

I have more, but really can't think of them right at this moment.[/QUOTE]

Don't exactly agree with your opinions, but that's to be expected...

KOTOR is one of the best xbox games, and one of the best games period of last generation. Bioware = win.

Riddick is a great game also, totally underrated.

DMC 1 and 3 are great, not so much 2.

Never played ICO, but heard great things about it. From what you hate, I'm sure i'd like this game too.

State of Emergency is a general concensus.. one of, if not THE worst game I have EVER played. Why that game got ANY hype is beyond me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know I'm going to make a few say 'wtf' with this list or most of it anyway.

I have more, but really can't think of them right at this moment.[/QUOTE]

The bolded ones are the ones I think you must be on drugs or something. ;) Na j/k it's your opinion and your entitled to it I just disagree with it. The biggest one I disagree with is Ico. If you ever played Shadow of the Colossus you would love/understand this game. They both go together so well and you have to put the story together, to understand what happened and why you are doing this ect. I think that is why I love both of those games and could never get rid of them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Knights Of The Old Republic-I expected this to be an action title and instead of that I ran into the craptacularness I associate with the Final Fantasy games. Turn based play does NOT belong in a Star Wars game, a universe known for massive battles and lots of ACTION[/QUOTE]

So ... you've defined "turd" as "genre I don't care for." Awesome.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Devil May Cry series-Horrible lock on and NO voice overs? YAY!! I get to read everything that this slappy is reading or thinking. Boorrrrring.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Of course there are voice overs (the whole "You filled my soul with light!" thing?). What are you talking about?

shenmue a stunningly beautiful game but it moved slower than my grandma on a walker hauling an oxygen tank

all fps shooter for the most part but that's because it's just not my genre and everyone raves about how good they are

[quote name='trq']
Wait, what? Of course there are voice overs (the whole "You filled my soul with light!" thing?). What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]
That's what I want to know. Even just watching the very first cutscene in any DMC shows voice overs so he didn't even actually play the game so he has to be talking about a different game or he never played DMC and is just saying shit.

[quote name='trq']So ... you've defined "turd" as "genre I don't care for." Awesome.

Wait, what? Of course there are voice overs (the whole "You filled my soul with light!" thing?). What are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I actually think he means SMT Nocturne for some reason. Since it does have Dante in it, and it's all text base.

[quote name='trq']So ... you've defined "turd" as "genre I don't care for." Awesome.

Wait, what? Of course there are voice overs (the whole "You filled my soul with light!" thing?). What are you talking about?[/quote]

I just expected KOTOR to be more like Battlefront, which I also hated, but for a different reason. I mean, tons of laser fire going over and by my head was what I expected outta KOTOR too. But, I didn't expect to have to stop, choose an attack, watch my character attack, then repeat. I expected it to be more of an action RPG. It moved too SLOW for my liking.

I still don't like the DMC games for the lock on that I felt was poorly done, but what I meant by my comment was all the text bs when you either went to a door and it was locked or picked up any item. Great, it's locked, you couldn't have just lemme know by making a doorknob being jiggled sound effect instead of telling me 'the door is locked'. OK, so I found an XYZ item, bring up my inventory with a description, don't scroll bs text for 2 minutes to tell me what it is.

Maybe I just WANTED to find something wrong with the DMC games, but quite frankly, I found them to be more tedious than other games in the action genre(even the older game Rygar I found interesting by comparison). Then again, I played God Of War before I ever played ANY of the DMC games, so I probably was spoiled by the straight up action(some will call it button mashing, but there ARE combos)of GOW.

I mean, I felt as if DMC was more of a Silent Hill type of game, where you have to go around, find out which door is open, beat some monsters in between and just flesh out the story piece by piece, where GOW was just action from the word go I felt.

It did feel epic, but I guess I'm one of the short attention span people that devs are making games shorter for anymore, so we can get them done in 1-2 sittings and not say 'theres tons of boring levelling up in it'.

Either way, these are still only MY opinions and since the DMC trilogy hit GH status, that means there were more people out there that liked it than didn't. So, maybe I'm just picky?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just expected KOTOR to be more like Battlefront, which I also hated, but for a different reason. I mean, tons of laser fire going over and by my head was what I expected outta KOTOR too. But, I didn't expect to have to stop, choose an attack, watch my character attack, then repeat. I expected it to be more of an action RPG. It moved too SLOW for my liking.

I still don't like the DMC games for the lock on that I felt was poorly done, but what I meant by my comment was all the text bs when you either went to a door and it was locked or picked up any item. Great, it's locked, you couldn't have just lemme know by making a doorknob being jiggled sound effect instead of telling me 'the door is locked'. OK, so I found an XYZ item, bring up my inventory with a description, don't scroll bs text for 2 minutes to tell me what it is.

Maybe I just WANTED to find something wrong with the DMC games, but quite frankly, I found them to be more tedious than other games in the action genre(even the older game Rygar I found interesting by comparison). Then again, I played God Of War before I ever played ANY of the DMC games, so I probably was spoiled by the straight up action(some will call it button mashing, but there ARE combos)of GOW.

I mean, I felt as if DMC was more of a Silent Hill type of game, where you have to go around, find out which door is open, beat some monsters in between and just flesh out the story piece by piece, where GOW was just action from the word go I felt.

It did feel epic, but I guess I'm one of the short attention span people that devs are making games shorter for anymore, so we can get them done in 1-2 sittings and not say 'theres tons of boring levelling up in it'.

Either way, these are still only MY opinions and since the DMC trilogy hit GH status, that means there were more people out there that liked it than didn't. So, maybe I'm just picky?[/QUOTE]

You do seem more of the GOW type, as I kinda figured that is why you didn't like DMC to start with. Anybody that played DMC before GOW usually likes both, rather then the other way around. IMO DMC is the better game over GOW any day. Ya know I just can't stand there and block block block hit, block block block ect in DMC. I have to actually evade attacks instead of just sitting there holding down a block button all day. To each their own I guess, like I said I just HIGHLYdisagree with your opinion.

Kingdom Hearts 2.

The first game was so good I couldn't wait for the second one.

The second one was so bad I could care less about a third.

Super Mario RPG. I still consider this one of the better games I've ever played but doing an RPG with Mario is so inexcusable. It's a platformer first and foremost so having to level up like a fiend for that final boss fight was ridiculous. I seriously must have lost a couple of friends over playing that last fight. Didn't the boss have something like 1,000,000 hp?

[quote name='davo1224']Super Mario RPG. I still consider this one of the better games I've ever played but doing an RPG with Mario is so inexcusable. It's a platformer first and foremost so having to level up like a fiend for that final boss fight was ridiculous. I seriously must have lost a couple of friends over playing that last fight. Didn't the boss have something like 1,000,000 hp?[/QUOTE]

Whenever I read about this sort of thing in the ancient texts, prophesied by the great Shamans of the Before Time, I always thought they were crazy. "This is crazy!" I'd say, and slam the book closed. "NO ONE does that sort of thing!"

Oh great Shamans, how right you were once again.

Shenmue friggen II
Parasite Eve II
Driv3r (not terribly excited about it, but was looking forward to it)
Cold Fear

There are others which I can't think of at the moment.

Indigo Prophecy.

Some guy here said "prepare to be dissappointed". I should have taken his advice.

Sonic Heroes

I said "It's Sonic - how bad can it be..."

[quote name='Plinko']Kingdom Hearts 2.

The first game was so good I couldn't wait for the second one.

The second one was so bad I could care less about a third.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, better camera and combat system makes it worse.

Out of curiosity though, what did you find to be worse about it?

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, better camera and combat system makes it worse.

Out of curiosity though, what did you find to be worse about it?[/quote] I have to agree with Plinko, I enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts more than the second.

For me, the battle system was worse. There are just so many things going on and so many options that I forget I have things. Like I totally forgot that I even had the overdrive things, or whatever they are callled. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just less enjoyable for me than the first one.

To me there are very few 360 games with the wow factor going for them because they all seem like old ideas with some shiny new paint on them

[quote name='Fragonard']I have to agree with Plinko, I enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts more than the second.

For me, the battle system was worse. There are just so many things going on and so many options that I forget I have things. Like I totally forgot that I even had the overdrive things, or whatever they are callled. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just less enjoyable for me than the first one.[/QUOTE]
I'm the same way; the second KH was decent, but it was no KH1. I much preferred the story and especially the battle system of the first game. The second game's battle system was too focused on flash (with those special moves) and not so much on substance.

[quote name='blueshinra']I'm the same way; the second KH was decent, but it was no KH1. I much preferred the story and especially the battle system of the first game. The second game's battle system was too focused on flash (with those special moves) and not so much on substance.[/quote]

Welcome to the new age of Square-Enix

[quote name='Slackerchan']I think every 360 gamer would agree that Perfect Dark Zero was immensely underwhelming; what the hell happened Rare?[/quote]'

I can't disagree with you about PDZ.. I loaned it from a friend, and couldn't play more than one mission.. after playing good console FPS', I couldn't STAND it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Welcome to the new age of Square-Enix[/QUOTE]Yeah, really. If it weren't for Dragon Quest and Front Mission, I'd probably give up on them completely.

I enjoyed KH but I never finished it and it got old near the end.

One of the problems was that the flashy summons were beautiful but clunky - they really didn't help you much in battle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Either way, these are still only MY opinions and since the DMC trilogy hit GH status, that means there were more people out there that liked it than didn't. So, maybe I'm just picky?[/quote]
GH status is for games that sell over a million copies and what not. There's no way in hell 50 Cent: Bulletproof is GH cause a lot of people like it. :p Same goes for Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes.

[quote name='BattleChicken']'

I can't disagree with you about PDZ.. I loaned it from a friend, and couldn't play more than one mission.. after playing good console FPS', I couldn't STAND it.[/quote]Perfect Dark Zero was pathetic. You'd have to be pretty generous to give it a mediocre rating.

Though it did give Joanna a great closing line, "Yeah, I could use an aspirin." Now that's writing. :roll:

[quote name='Fragonard']I have to agree with Plinko, I enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts more than the second.

For me, the battle system was worse. There are just so many things going on and so many options that I forget I have things. Like I totally forgot that I even had the overdrive things, or whatever they are callled. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just less enjoyable for me than the first one.[/quote]

Agreed. Rarely needed to use the summons or anything else. Story went no where and most of the worlds were the same.

I still enjoy it immensely but thought that Majora's Mask was too short. OOT felt like it took forever to complete. MM on the other hand took me about two weeks of casual play.

FFXI- ....... I never actually played the game but was so let down when I found out the game was going to be a MMORPG....

And wow they really give back dont they... Let the person buy our game and even some had to buy the PS2 Harddrive lol then after they buy our game they have to pay every month for every character they create and they know people will not just settle with one....

I wonder how much people have spent on that game and is it worth the hundreds of dollar people may have blown on it already....

SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters for the DS. I still played and beat it but was very disapointed. The first one was so much fun.

Also pretty much any Transformers game that ever came out, inclucding the Japan only Transformers Tentrakai for the PS2. I love anything Transformers G1, but that game was an absolute pile of crap. Here's a video for those who are unfamiliar with it:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v732pe9RpU[/MEDIA]

Lufia: The Ruins of Lore is easily my biggest disapointment ever. My first introduction to the Lufia series was number 2, so I obviously had high standards. I thought "Yes, finally a Lufia game for the Gameboy Advance, maybe they'll do what they did with Lufia II, but improve it with maybe more variety in the characters, music, towns, etc, it's sure to be a masterpiece either way."

I was dead wrong. Upon starting the game up, I knew something was terribly wrong. The characters moved at a snail's pace. I got into my first battle, atleast they still kept the monsters on screen in dungeon. WHAT!!!! The battles take 10 times longer, not only because of the enemies being stronger, but also because the battle system moves at the pace of a damn turtle. I could go on for hours on all the crap I hated about this abominable distant relative to the legendary Lufia II, but I'll sum it up by saying it sucks.

Bioshock was pretty average for me. Not a turd, but definitely not 10 perfection like some of the reviews say. Basically, it was generic FPS + powers + atmosphere = 10. The AI sucked. FEAR has way better AI. I guess if they added plasmids to Quake IV and Doom 3, then those games would have been better received. Chronicles of Riddick was much better.

Sadly, I agree with you hank, I bought bioshock, loved it at first, then by the end was like, "when is this going to end" Not a turd, but not perfection like it's made out to be.

My all time disapointment was Fable. I was really disappointed in that game. Again it wasn't a bad game, but it was no where near what it was suppose to be. I read everything about that game, was very excited and to this day it is still the only game I have ever preordered. I played it though and sold it quick.

[quote name='Tapio']Killzone..way too much hype and it was total crap.
and pretty much most of the FF games[/quote]

I thought Killzone was a great FPS as long as you didn't go into it with the Sony induced "Halo Killer" hype...

As for turds pretty much every PS2 Medal of Honor game after MOH:Frontline...

Fable (Original Xbox)

I was so hyped for this release, pre-ordered and everything. Got it, and beat it as good, evil, and neutral, in like 2 days........This was right up there with finding out Santa wasn't real, as the biggest let downs in my life.

I hope the new Fable is alot better, but after playing the first, it will have to be a rent before I buy deal...

bread's done
Back