Gamestop: $10 off Pre-owned $29.99+ Exp. 9/30 (code works instore only)

SEGAMew

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was at the mall's food court and saw an Gamestop partnered with Coca-Cola advert type of thing, text a number and led me to this code that is the same code they give you no matter what phone numbers you text them with.

Coupon code: EBC3034713

Expires 9/30/2012

I tried to do this online and code wasn't valid, so in-store only guys! Utilize that In-store pick up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='parkerwilson']When I bought twisted metal used from gamestop, it came with a online pass code printed on the GS receipt. Not sure if this is the norm[/QUOTE]
That may be one of the other games that they give the online pass or content codes to you on the receipt when buying the pre-owned versions.

I know that Arkham City was another one, as they would give you the Catwoman code for the standard edition a while back when you bought it used.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']Wait so what do you guys do just tell the guy the code or write it down? I'd do this but I'm not sure how to approach going about this.[/QUOTE]

I wrote it down on a notecard and said I was too cheap to print it. lol

I just told the guy at game stop I had a 10 dollar off code from coke and told him what the code was. I don't think they have to see it since the system would either accept or reject it.

Ok I guess I'll use the paper method as I dont want everyone in the store asking how i got the code....its happened before at pcrichard. Code was given to me by my uncle, people are nosy lol

Tales of Graces F was nowhere to be found in my nearest Gamestop. I'm heading home from college this weekend so hope another Gamestop nearby has one used.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']Wait so what do you guys do just tell the guy the code or write it down? I'd do this but I'm not sure how to approach going about this.[/QUOTE]

Someone earlier in the thread posted an iPhone screen grab of the txt. I told the GS emp I had a coupon code before she rang me up. She asked what it was and I just read it off to her. I saved the pic to my phone just in case they wanted to see something. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. If the OP or a Mod wants to update the first post to include the text code, and/or the screen shot, that would be helpful.

[quote name='DJP519']Thanks for posting this. If the OP or a Mod wants to update the first post to include the text code, and/or the screen shot, that would be helpful.[/QUOTE]
You don't need the screen shot, just write it down on a piece of paper and show it to the cashier. It's as simple as that :D

I have it now, but it's always better to have some backup when you go into the store. We've all run into clueless cashiers on occasion. My suggestion was to make this easier for people as well.

[quote name='DJP519']I have it now, but it's always better to have some backup when you go into the store. We've all run into clueless cashiers on occasion. My suggestion was to make this easier for people as well.[/QUOTE]
My tactics is this: I used my wife's phone to send the text to my phone, and temporarily erase her display name on my phone, so that if the cashier asks, I can show him my phone and looks like I got the text from a generic number.

But I didn't need it, cashier just said "read it to me".

[quote name='Tony_Montana']I sent a text and it said I have to send a pic back with me and my friends enjoying some coke...
YMMV[/QUOTE]

0.jpg

I believe Tony used Coca Cola as a mixer in his drink here as well...

Speaking of cats and coke...

images

Well I think I got the most I could out of this coupon.

Max Payne 3 x 2 $22.49
Lollipop Chainsaw $22.49
LEGO Batman 2 $25.19

I just wrote OP's code on a piece of paper and handed it to the cashier who apparently was the manager.
said the code was too short but tried it anyway. She was surprised it worked. $16 Max Payne for me!

[quote name='sheeva8610']I just wrote OP's code on a piece of paper and handed it to the cashier who apparently was the manager.
said the code was too short but tried it anyway. She was surprised it worked. $16 Max Payne for me![/QUOTE]

$16? Exactly how did you swing that?

[quote name='sheeva8610']I just wrote OP's code on a piece of paper and handed it to the cashier who apparently was the manager.
said the code was too short but tried it anyway. She was surprised it worked. $16 Max Payne for me![/QUOTE]

wait this code works for games 19.99~29.99 as well?

shit I need to try this out

btw Just picked up Catherine for 24.99, good enough for me

How $16?

Worked for me, but the rep gave me a pop-quiz on what the code was "suppose" to do before he admitted it worked. :)

Great deal on Pokemon Conquest.

I used it + trade in of cart only kid icarus (bought a new copy from the best buy deal) + PUR to get One Piece for Wii for $8.49

[quote name='Drclaw411']I used it + trade in of cart only kid icarus (bought a new copy from the best buy deal) + PUR to get One Piece for Wii for $8.49[/QUOTE]

Aside from the obvious flipping potential, it's a pretty solid game if you're a fan of the series.

[quote name='drtomoe123']Aside from the obvious flipping potential, it's a pretty solid game if you're a fan of the series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've heard good things about it but never really planned on picking it up because of the hefty price, so the way this worked out was pretty nice.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I think I got the most I could out of this coupon.

Max Payne 3 x 2 $22.49
Lollipop Chainsaw $22.49
LEGO Batman 2 $25.19[/QUOTE]

how did you get Lollipop Chainsaw for $22?

[quote name='henry00x']how did you get Lollipop Chainsaw for $22?[/QUOTE]

It was on sale for $34.99 for Labor day. Not anymore though :cry:.

Max Payne 3 $22.49
Lollipop Chainsaw $22.49
Spiderman web of Shadows $22.49
Metal Gear HD collection $22.49
Gravity Rush $22.49

[quote name='Deader2818']Do you think you could stack the 10 dollar off code with a coupon from PUR or would it be one or the other?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. If anybody gets it to work, please post.

[quote name='SEGAMew']*prays that Pokepark 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles will become $29.99 before the month is over*[/QUOTE]

unless there is a discovery that they are somehow not first party, dont hold your breath

[quote name='doc_j88']Max Payne 3 $22.49
Lollipop Chainsaw $22.49
Spiderman web of Shadows $22.49
Metal Gear HD collection $22.49
Gravity Rush $22.49[/QUOTE]

Is Max Payne 3 still $34.99, or was that a limited time sale?

Went to gamestop today, the manager did not believe the code was real and claimed it was a scam. I urged him to put the code just for kicks and his dumb cocky face drooped. It even said coca cola promo on the screen. I have meet some cocky gamestop employees but this guy takes the cake.

[quote name='chuckywang']Is Max Payne 3 still $34.99, or was that a limited time sale?[/QUOTE]

Limited sale.

Some new sale items to use this on.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier $34.99

Sleeping Dogs $44.99

Snipe Elite V2 $37.99

Twisted Metal $34.99 (maybe not new item)

Madden 13 $47.99 (if you can find one)

Got Pokemon Conquest for 40 cents :D. Traded Pilotwings and Dragon Quest VI.

I just told the guy it was a powerup code to avoid hassle. First store I tried flat out refused, and none of my usual stores had Conquest

[quote name='dgwillia006']Got Pokemon Conquest for 40 cents :D. Traded Pilotwings and Dragon Quest VI.

I just told the guy it was a powerup code to avoid hassle. First store I tried flat out refused, and none of my usual stores had Conquest[/QUOTE]

How can they refuse? It's a GameStop code.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']How can they refuse? It's a GameStop code.[/QUOTE]

Don't ask me lol. The text was being glitchy for me so i just wrote it on paper. It was a ghetto store, I assume he thought I was being shady lol. 2nd store had no problem

bread's done
Back