Gamestop 30% Trade-In Bonus- Any Games Any Qty. - 3 Days Only 11/27-11/29

[quote name='LuisRM']I can't complain how much I got for Halo 3, and got really excited to clean out some old stock (brain age 1 & 2, pokemon diamond, nytimes crossword), but then realized that I would/could make more if I did the whole ebay thing (even with the coupon and edge card). So I'm thinking thay may be the way to go. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

If there is a new game you want, then do halo3 since you are not likely to do better on Ebay...for the other stuff, the bonus isn't so large in an absolute way and the upside on ebay is likely larger....you could probably package Brian Age 1 & 2 and the crossword puzzle together and sell them for $30-35 + shipping/fees coverage on ebay.

LOL

pokemon peral 25+

you can buy it new at target for 25

man eb is ripping themself off : )

if i had some games that i knew would grab a pretty penny i would do it but 80% of my games are 1 to 3 bucks each

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']If you're going ot buy more at GS, might be worth the time savings to just take it to them, esp considering hte B2G1 and 10% off coupon floating around.[/quote]

B2G1F ended Sunday, at least that's what one of the local GameStops had said. Does it vary by location?

[quote name='espionage']In general Gamestop staff is completely clueless over coupons since corporate doesn't exactly pass on the weekly coupons to them (they generally always work if there's a code for the employee to type in).[/quote]

Why would the CORPORATE GIANTS pass information on to the minimum wage PEE ONS?

So no one can tell me the frequency of the good GS deals like 35% off 3 used games or B2G1F?

Anyone know their return policy for used games? lol

[quote name='shaveice']So no one can tell me the frequency of the good GS deals like 35% off 3 used games or B2G1F?

Anyone know their return policy for used games? lol[/quote]

7 days

[quote name='K_G']If there is a new game you want, then do halo3 since you are not likely to do better on Ebay...for the other stuff, the bonus isn't so large in an absolute way and the upside on ebay is likely larger....you could probably package Brian Age 1 & 2 and the crossword puzzle together and sell them for $30-35 + shipping/fees coverage on ebay.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing an ebay selling splurge and put a lot of my games up for sale. I also put up my Ps2 with GH and some games and it sold (to my amazement) for my BIN price of $199. It's getting shipped tomorrow. More money to the PS3 fund!

PS2 - $199
Halo 3 - $49
DS Games - ?

[quote name='thawhip']Hi alls; so basically if u have more the 5 games to trade in, then you won't need this coupon, correct? Thanks for any replies![/quote]True. Five games or more, not more than five games.

two dudes told me they got an email from the dm saying this wont stack with the edge card, kind of lame but they scanned my card and it worked anyways. might shoot those guys a preorder next time :)

I've never seen a deal NOT stack with Edge...anywhere. I got my 50% bonus at one of the local stores doing that special and still got the extra 10% on top of that.

That said, I flooded my local EB with 6 copies of Katamari Damacy today and got $75.60 for 'em. Not too bad for a $29.94 outlay at Amazon. Probably could've gotten a few bucks more selling them singly, but the look on the manager's face was pretty priceless and definitely worth the difference.

[quote name='WesWarlord']I know the coupon says games, but do these coupons ever work on accessories? I have 2 wired Guitar Hero controllers I would like to dispose of. And for that matter, does anyone have a new trade-in value for thoes? The wiki seems to be out-of-date for this item.[/quote]

if its for PS2 i'll take it off your hands! PM me !

Quick question: What's the minimum EB will give you for old PS2 games? I've got a bunch that are just lying around and I doubt they'll go for enough online to justify taking them by the post office.

[quote name='WesWarlord']I know the coupon says games, but do these coupons ever work on accessories? I have 2 wired Guitar Hero controllers I would like to dispose of. And for that matter, does anyone have a new trade-in value for thoes? The wiki seems to be out-of-date for this item.[/quote]

If it's for 360, I'll gladly take them off your hands! :lol:

[quote name='TahoeMax']I've never seen a deal NOT stack with Edge...anywhere. I got my 50% bonus at one of the local stores doing that special and still got the extra 10% on top of that.

That said, I flooded my local EB with 6 copies of Katamari Damacy today and got $75.60 for 'em. Not too bad for a $29.94 outlay at Amazon. Probably could've gotten a few bucks more selling them singly, but the look on the manager's face was pretty priceless and definitely worth the difference.[/QUOTE]

Serves them right for selling it used for $10 above retail...

Some prices for the CAGWiki as of today, 11/29. Prices are listed before deal and after deal and Edge card.

Gamecube

Tony Hawk's Underground - $1 / $1.40
X-Men Legends - $1 / $1.40
WWE Wrestlemania 19 - $3 / $4.20
Red Faction 2 - $2.50 / $3.50
Resident Evil 4 - $5 / $7

Xbox

King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - $2 / $2.80
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $5 / $7
Ninja Gaiden Black - $9 / $12.60

I got a grand total of $39.90.

Just FYI, I went in yesterday with a wired GHII controller for the PS2 and they gave me $15. I traded in a bunch of games along with it and I got the 30% on those, but they didn't give it to me for the guitar.

From what I can tell, all the GH games & guitars are traded in separately (and guitars count as accessories) except for the Wii version, which can be traded in as the full package only. This makes it an especially good deal with the bonus %.

The best part was, the week before I traded it in for $70, I had bought it used from Gamestop using the 25% off coupon and edge card for $52 + tax :)

Taking GHIII (360) and probably Halo 2 today. Hopefully GHIII is actually getting 30 like their trade value page says. With the bump, that's $39. Not bad when I spent that much for the game and the wireless guitar at Goodwill.

Does Gamestop still take wired GH1 and 2 controllers for the PS2? If so I would love to trade those in along with some games to pick up GH2 for 360

Traded in the following yesterday, got the 30% as well as the 10% edge...

NBA2K8 - 25 -----> 35
MADDEN 08 - 25 -----> 35
HALO 3 - 35 ------> 49!!
used The Outfit and BK pocketbike racer to make it 5 games, got like 60 cents for bk and 4 dollars for the outfit.

TOTAL: $124

picked up Uncharted for PS3 and kept the rest on the card. prob pick up Mass Effect soon.

Missed the 50% but got to clear house this time. All are with promo and edge card ended up with 71.40 with 2 dollar refurb fee going pick up mass effect soon

GTA: SA 9 w/o 12 w
God of war 6 w/o 8.40 w
Madden 08 ps2 10 w/o 14 with
gh2 11 w/o 15.40 w
destroy all humans 5 w/0 7 w
blitz 3 w/o 4.20 w
ratchet and clank 2.50 w/o 3.5 with
star wars battlefront 6 w/o 8.40 with

Just got back from GS and here is my story:

Call of Duty 4: $30 (+ $9 + $3 edge bonus) = $42

Heavenly Sword: $20 (+ $6 + $2 edge bonus) = $28

Guitar Hero III: $30 (+ $9 + $6.44 edge bouns + $34.40(WTF)) = $79.84

Grand total: $149.84

The Edge card (as others have said) does stack w/ this coupon).

Also I think that there was a mix up with way GH3 (game only) rings up in their system and the GS guy went to override but did it wrong. My luck I guess.

Now, if the COD4 for $39.99 rumour is true I may buy it just on principle.

[quote name='Unlucky97']Missed the 50% but got to clear house this time. All are with promo and edge card ended up with 71.40 with 2 dollar refurb fee going pick up mass effect soon

GTA: SA 9 w/o 12 w
God of war 6 w/o 8.40 w
Madden 08 ps2 10 w/o 14 with
gh2 11 w/o 15.40 w
destroy all humans 5 w/0 7 w
blitz 3 w/o 4.20 w
ratchet and clank 2.50 w/o 3.5 with
star wars battlefront 6 w/o 8.40 with[/quote]

did you get gtasa for 5 at bb during bf?

I wish this was going to be available for another week or so. Got a few games I'll probably want to unload soon, but not by tonight.

If you have 5 games, that will be available until December 9th. You can always find some good games to flip there if you look hard enough.

Anyone know how much Resistance is going for atm?

Seems like a decent time to get rid of GC games
Traded in
PSU 360 for 8.40
From Russia w/ love GC for 5.60
Mario Kart GC for 21
and Halo 3 for 49
Not bad, wish i brought more games into work.
Couldnt make myself rid of Kingdom hearts and Marvel 360 for $3 a piece though.

[quote name='Ravenous']So you only get credit and NOT cash right?[/QUOTE]

You can get cash, but you'd only get a little over half as much as what people are listing here...

Traded in Halo 2 for $16.80 (including the bonus + EDGE).

The guy looked at my EDGE card (it's the one that's $2 that you mail in). Said it looked funny. I said I got it in the mail through Game Informer. He responded by saying that doing it that way is the overpriced way of doing it. I just smiled (as my EDGE had just officially paid for itself with this trade) and said "...whoops."

A few new trade-in values from today...

Rune Factory DS: $12 ($16 after bonus)
Glory Days 2 DS: $10 ($14 after bonus)
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP: $20 ($28 a/b)
Mario Galaxy Wii: still $30 ($42 a/b)

Well damn I broke down and traded some games in for the first time.

Halo 3 Limited (aka Scratchy edition :) ) $49 which is the same that they pay for the SE. So I played over 1k multiplayer games and finished the main game at a net cost of $1 to me.

Halo 2 (old Movie Gallery game that never worked and was to lazy to take back) $12 plus bonus minus $4 refurb fee (I'll go back later and check and see if my disc is actually fixed)

Pokemon Pearl $25.xx ab Paid under $20 for my copy. :)

So I actually made money from trading in my games and saved going the ebay route.

Something strange is happening.

Guitar Hero III (360) = $30 + $9 = $39
Halo 2 (XB) = $12 + $3.60 = $15.60
Fight Night R3 (360) = $8 + $2.40 = $10.40

Total $65.00

Not only did I not get asked if I wanted an EDGE card, he didn't ask me to preorder anything either...all with his manager standing behind him. Hassle-free trading at EB? Yeah, that kid won't be there next week.

I paid $40 for the GHIII bundle, meaning I got the Les Paul guitar for a dollar. Time to wait for a good used game sale (come on, weekend coupon) and turn this credit into GR credit. Rock Band, here I come.

I wish the CAG Wiki was updatable.

All prices before bonus

Animal Crossing GC $6
Animal Crossing DS $11
Big Brain Academy DS $6
Kingdom of Paradise $3
Lemmings $5
Metal Gear Acid 2 $1.50
Star Wars Battlefront $11
Renegade Squadron

jeez...for a 2 year old game, animal crossing DS' trade in value dies hard

it's a great game though, i'm defintely not parting with mine anytime soon lol

EB/GS has trade in deals, they hardly have great deal on new games. Not overly impressed with their used game prices either.

I have $100 credit, waiting for the new PS2 in 2008.

[quote name='TheRookieMonster']New PS2? You mean the one with the built-in power adapter thingy?

I can't imagine them making the PS2 any smaller.[/quote]

Yup not clear if it will be smaller, but it will be lighter they said.

I'm happy playing PS2 games on my 60gig PS3

it upconverts too...and it only costed a second mortage on the house when I got it at launch lol

[quote name='Karuto']If you have 5 games, that will be available until December 9th. You can always find some good games to flip there if you look hard enough.

Anyone know how much Resistance is going for atm?[/quote]
Can you stack the EDGE card with that, and do I have to tell the guy about the offer or does it just work automatically?

*Edit*

And just needing a second voice. If I have money on the EDGE card and the card expires, I can still use the money right?

[quote name='shaveice']

And just needing a second voice. If I have money on the EDGE card and the card expires, I can still use the money right?[/quote]

I would actually like to know the answer to this aswell.

Yeah, EB/GS really like to bend you over with these prices. Normally, I just try to sell my stuff to people, knowing that we will both make out better in the end. I really needed a new 360 controller and had some rubbish lying around, so I figured what the hell. With the 30%, plus the Edge card, I ended up getting $57, so I got my controller and some credit left over.

Elder Scrolls 4 (PS3) - $9 ($12.60)
Call of Duty 3 (PS3) - $8 ($11.20)
Justice League Heroes (PS2) - $6 ($8.40)
Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy (PS2) - $8 ($11.20)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS2) - $6 ($8.40)
Official Sony PS2 memory card - $5 ($5.50)

With EDGE and a rock band 30% promo trade in special, i ended up getting 55 bucks for Halo 3 about 2 weeks ago

lol, i thought it was wayyy overrated and everyone I usually played the game with moved on to COD4 so lol

[quote name='shaveice']Can you stack the EDGE card with that, and do I have to tell the guy about the offer or does it just work automatically?

*Edit*

And just needing a second voice. If I have money on the EDGE card and the card expires, I can still use the money right?[/quote]

The manager I spoke to said EDGE credit lasts 2 years on the card. I thought it was 1 year myself. The EDGE card does act as your store credit card so even if your 1 year membership expires it'll be fine.

bread's done
Back