GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone post a list of the games included? The photo is not showing up for me, either on the page or on click.

Hehe I was going to use the coupon on splinter cell blacklist. ;)

Is the birthday coupon still the same for everyone?
Have you found any with the case? All of them in my area are missing the case. Anyway, the guy before you was saying that the coupon could be used to save a few cents then others started asking for one.

The coupon is the same for those who got them.

I'm using the coupon for a converted to used collector's edition of Tomb Raider. I'll be saving a lot more than a few cents.
Not the place to ask for it and it's best not to form a chain on a post that basically says "waste the coupon!"

Have you found any with the case? All of them in my area are missing the case. Anyway, the guy before you was saying that the coupon could be used to save a few cents then others started asking for one.

The coupon is the same for those who got them.

Not the place to ask for it and it's best not to form a chain on a post that basically says "waste the coupon!"
"waste the coupon". It was my understand that the birthday coupon can be used multiple times as I've done before. This is certainly the place to ask since I'll be using it for Tomb Raider but also the games in this list (assuming I can stack coupons and in store deals as I've done before).

Anyways, to anyone else that has extra birthday coupons, if you can provide us with it. Thanks!

Looking at

MGS4

GoW Collection

Ratchet All 4 One (iffy on this one.. played it with ps+ and was meh)

Red Steel 1

Rayman 3DS

Wii Music

House of the Dead Overkill

Dream Trigger

Alpha Protocol

Enslaved

Wipeout 2048

Tekken Hybrid

Legendary

Which should be a definite buy?

Looking at

MGS4

GoW Collection

Ratchet All 4 One (iffy on this one.. played it with ps+ and was meh)

Red Steel 1

Rayman 3DS

Wii Music

House of the Dead Overkill

Dream Trigger

Alpha Protocol

Enslaved

Wipeout 2048

Tekken Hybrid

Legendary

Which should be a definite buy?
I'd say the bolded are definite buys at this price.

Can anyone recommend any of the disney or s. street games for the Kinect. A guy is selling his Kinect on Craigslist for $20. I'm only interested in the above. Thanks

Oh and everyone was right about Hot Shots and the online pass did print on the receipt.  Also had one in the box so need to test that and see if I have a spare.

People on here don't know what games play like. They pretend they all play bad so they can justify trading them in or "flipping" them.
enslaved tiv is worth nothing right now. not to mention as wonderfull as the game is it isnt mainstream so many people have missed out on it. im not surprised he hasnt heard of it, alot havent acually

enslaved tiv is worth nothing right now. not to mention as wonderfull as the game is it isnt mainstream so many people have missed out on it. im not surprised he hasnt heard of it, alot havent acually
Yeah, there was something that happened at launch that I just can't remember that basically killed the game despite generally favorable reviews. I can't remember if it was a game breaking bug or what it was but it left the game DOA in sales.

Dont feed the troll! :oops:

Enslaved is a really fun game. Really worth it at this price especially. Great story too. Definitely another sleeper hit.

Psyched to see if this sale is legit and everything tomorrow. If so gonna get Anarchy Reigns, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce and Warhammer 40k. I beat both Warhammer and Enslaved but I've wanted to replay Warhammer more than Enslaved for some reason.

Psyched to see if this sale is legit and everything tomorrow. If so gonna get Anarchy Reigns, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce and Warhammer 40k. I beat both Warhammer and Enslaved but I've wanted to replay Warhammer more than Enslaved for some reason.
This is 100% Legit the guy who posted it works for Gamestop. I hope I can find Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce too, that game was awesome on the PSP.

There's no reason it shouldn't be, the OP is legitimate.

Dont feed the troll! :oops:

Enslaved is a really fun game. Really worth it at this price especially. Great story too. Definitely another sleeper hit.

Didn't even realize someone trolled it, sometimes ignoring pays off.

IMH no MLB 12 was ridiculously hard compared to 13 on the Vita or maybe it was just me that felt that way.
MLB13 was definitely an upgrade but it really depends how much you want it right away. 13 was going for $10-15 for several weeks in a row on Vita but has been back up to retail for a bit now. If you want something right away buy 12 because 13 is going to be back around $10-15 sooner than later.

This is 100% Legit the guy who posted it works for Gamestop. I hope I can find Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce too, that game was awesome on the PSP.
Oh I know the source is good. But we've seen weird regional sales and even a few cancelled ones lately. So I'm at least gonna check before I take the walk

Just wanted to ask, I searched the thread and couldn't find anything confirming or not....Do we have to buy 3 games to get in on the 50% off...I know the fine print was from the 3 for $10 deal, but I wasn't sure if it applied for this as well. I woudl appreciate any insight on the matter from a CAG in the know. 

"waste the coupon". It was my understand that the birthday coupon can be used multiple times as I've done before. This is certainly the place to ask since I'll be using it for Tomb Raider but also the games in this list (assuming I can stack coupons and in store deals as I've done before).

Anyways, to anyone else that has extra birthday coupons, if you can provide us with it. Thanks!
It is a one use coupon. Abusing it doesn't make it a monthly discount card issued by GameStop. All that does is make it more obvious that you're abusing it and you'll bring this to the attention of GameStop, which will mean that you and a few hundred CAGs may get banned just because you wanted to take few cents that are not yours to take on games that already were cheap in the first place.

I hope that you do get banned without taking out other CAGs over your misguided sense of entitlement.

It is a one use coupon. Abusing it doesn't make it a monthly discount card issued by GameStop. All that does is make it more obvious that you're abusing it and you'll bring this to the attention of GameStop, which will mean that you and a few hundred CAGs may get banned just because you wanted to take few cents that are not yours to take on games that already were cheap in the first place.

I hope that you do get banned without taking out other CAGs over your misguided sense of entitlement.
Just got the coupon (thank you to those that PM'ed me) and used it at multiple Gamestop's. Got 2 Tomb Raider CE at one and a used Two Worlds 2 at another.

Not sure where you felt I was entitled to the coupon. I used multiple birthday coupons in the past and so have many other users. Not sure why it's such a big deal now... maybe I missed something over the last coupon of weeks. Didn't hear about anyone getting banned for it though I know some of the coupons stopped working before they expired.

Understand your worry though, despite the passive attitude. I don't normally shop at Gamestop anymore since better deals can be found elsewhere. I just get myself Limited and Collector's Edition for cheap when they get converted.

Good luck to the others that got the coupon too! :)

EDIT: Guess I did miss when the coupon was giving issues. Read that Gamestop has been telling manager's to only take printout's of the coupon and they are tracking those that use it multiple times. The last one I used before this was about 2 months ago. Luckily I didn't use my PUR card on my transactions today. I barely ever use the coupon though. Oh well.

Just wanted to ask, I searched the thread and couldn't find anything confirming or not....Do we have to buy 3 games to get in on the 50% off...I know the fine print was from the 3 for $10 deal, but I wasn't sure if it applied for this as well. I woudl appreciate any insight on the matter from a CAG in the know.
With all due respect no. you didn't search the thread, it has been posted multiple times and at least once within the first 3 pages, that no, you don't have to buy 3

IMO no MLB 12 was ridiculously hard compared to 13 on the Vita or maybe it was just me that felt that way.
Yea I agree here. Unless you just want a cheap vita baseball game now, I would wait for 13 to go on sale again.

When I had 12 I got frustrated with it and the only thing I did for a while was play the HR derby. lol

Can anyone recommend any of the disney or s. street games for the Kinect. A guy is selling his Kinect on Craigslist for $20. I'm only interested in the above. Thanks
For you or for your kids? I've played these games and I wanted to get into Disneyland and couldn't, and Sesame got pretty boring. This is coming from a grown woman who just watched all of the Babysitters Club on Netflix and I frequently watch Arthur in the mornings and pop in Tangled about every other weekend.

If it's for your kids I say go for it though. Pick up The Gunstringer for yourself, it's awesome.

For you or for your kids? I've played these games and I wanted to get into Disneyland and couldn't, and Sesame got pretty boring. This is coming from a grown woman who just watched all of the Babysitters Club on Netflix and I frequently watch Arthur in the mornings and pop in Tangled about every other weekend.
Someone else that watches Arthur, I can't believe it :bouncy: I don't have anything else to add to this, but I still love that show :D

So I'm looking to get:

Alpha Protocol

Enslaved

Fable II

Lair

And I'm pretty sure with PUR that only comes out to less than $10. Done deal.

This is an unrelated question, but it would be a waste if I started a new thread.

Can you transfer your gamestop b-day coupon to someone? 

This is an unrelated question, but it would be a waste if I started a new thread.

Can you transfer your gamestop b-day coupon to someone?
It's a generic barcode but if it has your name on it they might get rejected when they scan a PUR card with a different name. Better to just use the generic one floating around at that point.

Someone else that watches Arthur, I can't believe it :bouncy: I don't have anything else to add to this, but I still love that show :D
I love Arthur as well. But the recent Season is the worst imo. The Animation killed it for me, and I can't enjoy as much as I used to.

Gave the List another looksy and now I'm set on Dynasty Warriors Strike Force, Dead or Alive 4, X-Blades, and Wolfenstein. Chances are, I'll only be able to pick up Dead or Alive 4. And Wolfenstein if I'm lucky in finding it around my area.

Can't help but recommend Singularity and Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

1) Singularity is like Bioshock but with Time Manipulation. A so so story. And given enough time, you'll be so OP.

2) Killing. Killing. More killing dem Orcs. No cover system cause Space Marines are too manly for it. Multiplayer is still alive for those interested (PS3).

The nerd in me! I still watch Arthur! When I'm bored or just want to relax, I watch Arthur. I have 14 season on my hard drive and still watch the new episodes... even if they aren't as good.

Thanks for the thread. Only game that really stands out for me is MGS4 but I will recommend Enslaved to anyone that hasn't tried it. Got a PS3 and 360 copy of it just because I enjoyed it so much. Maybe if I see it I'll buy another copy just to give to friends since it's probably my favorite game this generation. And of course a big recommendation to Hot Shots Golf.

Other than that I'm not seeing anything else on the list. (Unless I wanted to re-buy Bad Company 2 to play the Vietnam DLC.)

I love Arthur as well. But the recent Season is the worst imo. The Animation killed it for me, and I can't enjoy as much as I used to.

The nerd in me! I still watch Arthur! When I'm bored or just want to relax, I watch Arthur. I have 14 season on my hard drive and still watch the new episodes... even if they aren't as good.

Yeah, what little I've seen of the new season(s) was pretty lackluster. I've watch the older ones more times than I can count though, and I still love them little else. They simply don't makes "kids" shows like that anymore. Nice avatar BMW ;)

So I'm looking to get:

Alpha Protocol

Enslaved

Fable II

Lair

And I'm pretty sure with PUR that only comes out to less than $10. Done deal.
Good choice. Enslaved is a pretty fun platformer, made by Ninja theory the same team behind Heavenly Sword

Depends on the age of the kid, but I think they are both pretty good and worth those prices with that kinect price. I'd also recommend kinect party as your kids will probably play that more.

Anyone here work at Gamestop?  Any idea if this sale kicks off at a specific time?  Because these games are not ringing up in store with the 50% discount as of right now.

bread's done
Back