GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some people are pissed when they can't get the games they want because they think flippers/hoarders/resellers grabbed them all.  I get it.

(Ignore if economics makes your head spin:) From a purely economic standpoint though, those flippers/resellers are serving their roles in the economy.  Moving goods from a place of low demand (proxied/represented by the low prices) to a place of higher demand (proxied by the relatively higher TIVs).  As long as that gap exists, this movement continues until an equilibrium is reached.  No different than stock traders on Wall Street except we're talking physical goods here and not digital shares.

That's what irks me when people complain about flippers/etc.  What they're doing is not "wrong."  It's basic economics.

(Way off tangent.  Lol.)

Are these games pulled off the shelf into one of their stands, or still just floating around the store?

I know some people are pissed when they can't get the games they want because they think flippers/hoarders/resellers grabbed them all. I get it.

(Ignore if economics makes your head spin:) From a purely economic standpoint though, those flippers/resellers are serving their roles in the economy. Moving goods from a place of low demand (proxied/represented by the low prices) to a place of higher demand (proxied by the relatively higher TIVs). As long as that gap exists, this movement continues until an equilibrium is reached. No different than stock traders on Wall Street except we're talking physical goods here and not digital shares.

That's what irks me when people complain about flippers/etc. What they're doing is not "wrong." It's basic economics.

(Way off tangent. Lol.)
If life was all about economics, then what the hell would we be doing here?

With the Xbox One and PS4 coming out it seems like a waste to want to buy any of the games new with it or for that matter either system on launch day. Wait until next summer when the prices of everything is cut by at least half.

Went to two local gamestops today. Managed to grab two copies of Anarchy Reign (ones for my girlfriend), Syndicate, Enslaved, Liar, Resistence 3, and the Darkness. Good deal as it cost just around $35 for me. I actually got there early today before they had even set up the little display they had for it so I just grabbed everything off the shelves. Rang up no problem.

I'm completely against flipping/hoarding of actually limited items (hello Wind Waker HD LE), but come the fuck on, no one actually wants to play shit like X-Blades and if they do then there are plenty of options to do so.

By my math, grabbing copies of Nintendo Land + :ps3: GRAW 2 + :360: X-blades + :ps3: Lost Planet will cost $16 NOT taking off the 10% PUR discount. If you trade those into BB with GCU, you get $43. The whole process would take me about an hour...$27 plus rewards points on both accounts is a great deal, even taking the quarter-to-half gallon of gas it will take me to do it. If anyone thinks that $27 an hour isn't worth it then they don't need to buy cheap discount games in the first place.

I'd do it today though before BB nukes the TIVs.
Just got back from doing this exact scenario with no problems, plus it only took me 50 minutes instead of an hour. My GameStop total was $14.36 after PUR before tax, and my BB TIV total was $42.90.

I'd definitely advise people to not abuse this and get banned from BB for trading in multiples. Short term TIV bump < long term GCU/BB TIV benefits.

With the Xbox One and PS4 coming out it seems like a waste to want to buy any of the games new with it or for that matter either system on launch day. Wait until next summer when the prices of everything is cut by at least half.
In my experience it's the opposite: get in on the sales/clearance/etc. right before or during the console launches or you'll pay a premium later. The point of these sales is to get rid of certain SKUs to make room for the next gen merch. During the late summer/fall of 06 I got SO many good deals that completely dried up by summer of 07.

If anyone can PM me a spreadsheet that would be awesome....I found a few games today wtih decent flips. I can't believe BB upped trades like they did...this may only last today.....they realize and tanks trades fast as they have in the past....may be a 1 day event for us...LOL

YES remember people best Buy is LIMIT 3 of the same title.... if you trade more then 3 of the same title it will auto ban you and you will have to wait 1 year to trade again. A fair rule...so if you are trading in bulk keep track

Went to 2 GS and both didn't have the bin ready but 1 did have the flyers available near the registers. Games were in the shelves and this deals looks like it will run from 9/9--9/29.

Here's what I picked up:

:ps3: Binary Domain

:ps3: BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

:ps3: BlazBlue Contimuum Shift

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Homefront

:ps3: Lost Planet

:ps3: Resistance 3 (online code printed on receipt)

:ps3: Modnation Racers

:ps3: Wolfenstein

:360: Velvet Assassin

Everything came complete. I'll be on the lookout for Bionic Commando, Duke Nukem, Lair, Rainbow 6: Vegas, The Outfit, and Red Steel.

In my experience it's the opposite: get in on the sales/clearance/etc. right before or during the console launches or you'll pay a premium later. The point of these sales is to get rid of certain SKUs to make room for the next gen merch. During the late summer/fall of 06 I got SO many good deals that completely dried up by summer of 07.

I am doing the same exact thing for games $5 and below, grabbing anything that I might be interested. Figured its worth the extra money to get a complete version compared to disc only games in the future.

I am doing the same exact thing for games $5 and below, grabbing anything that I might be interested. Figured its worth the extra money to get a complete version compared to disc only games in the future.
Yep, this is my plan too, but I'm trying to stay around $3 unless it's something I can't live without. Got some gems so far from these GS sales.

god that happy feet 2 .... oh wait the bestbuy gods shuned me in march lmao

as for the sale i went to get god of war and the gave me the origins collection instead !!!!!!!! thzt for under 4$ after discounts is a bargin lmao. im going back out for the other collection

god that happy feet 2 .... oh wait the bestbuy gods shuned me in march lmao

as for the sale i went to get god of war and the gave me the origins collection instead !!!!!!!! thzt for under 4$ after discounts is a bargin lmao. im going back out for the other collection
lol, it must be painful watching from the sidelines.

Went to my local gamestop and the sole worker said they would be receiving the games later today. :joystick: Guess I have to wait another day...

Can't find a complete copy of Universe at War. Rats.

Picked up Bionic Commando (hated it the 1st time, so I'm giving it another shot, or was that a dumb idea??), added Venetica & Wolfenstein because I remembered liking the demo a lot, stupid fun. 

Went to my local gamestop and the sole worker said they would be receiving the games later today. :joystick: Guess I have to wait another day...

I'm confused. Are stores being sent games from their warehouse? If so that would be awesome.

GS end of gen sales FTW.

Just gonna say, holy shit people are amazing!  I didn't think it would be possible to screw up the 360 tab on the spreadsheet, but people keep managing to do it!

I'm confused. Are stores being sent games from their warehouse? If so that would be awesome.

GS end of gen sales FTW.
Sometimes they get transfers to make sure they have stock balanced. But there's also a chance that the worker in question was just too lazy to look at the list and do his job.

Gah, was only able to pick up Alpha Protocol and the God of War Collection complete. I can't seem to find Bound in Blood complete anywhere.

Can't find a complete copy of Universe at War. Rats.

Picked up Bionic Commando (hated it the 1st time, so I'm giving it another shot, or was that a dumb idea??), added Venetica & Wolfenstein because I remembered liking the demo a lot, stupid fun.
Bionic Commando isn't a very good game, but I bought it also. Mike Patton voice acting makes it totally worth it to me. It can be a pain in certain sections but its still really unique.

Picked up Nintendo Land to go with my Zelda WiiU. Also picked up DJ Hero 2 because it was $1.80 and I enjoyed the first one.
lol. thanks for reminding me. I ought to pick up DJ Hero 2 for shits and giggles since I got a free turntable at GS one day a while back.

Someone went to trade in it and the game, and just left the turntable since they don't take it. So I got it. :p

PIcked up 7 games for about $35 bucks. 

Bit peeved though.  Had taken the time to select a complete and pristine copy of a couple titles but the dude switched out a copy that was missing a manual and didn't even notice until I came back home. 

Something might want to watch out for for those who haven't bought crap from GameStop in awhile (had been literally years for me).

Bit peeved though. Had taken the time to select a complete and pristine copy of a couple titles but the dude switched out a copy that was missing a manual and didn't even notice until I came back home.

Something might want to watch out for for those who haven't bought crap from GameStop in awhile (had been literally years for me).
I had the exact opposite happen to me during the buy 3/$10 deal. I had complete copies of Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant but my copy of CoD 4 had generic cover art (and an NFL sticker on it lol) and she switched it out for a copy with cover art/manual. That was nice!

Bit peeved though. Had taken the time to select a complete and pristine copy of a couple titles but the dude switched out a copy that was missing a manual and didn't even notice until I came back home.

Most just grab a full copy if there's one in the drawer. Plus, some of my good stores will look for the best disc to give me but they don't pay much attention to cases. If that stuff matters to you best to let them know. Honestly, I don't get why people care and I used to work at Gamestop so it's not something I would have paid attention to without someone pointing it out

Got Anarchy Reigns, White Knight Chronicles, Two Worlds 2, and Metal Gear 4.

I have bought too much recently. I wanted Game of Thrones, but I don't think I have the time to play it.

Yeah, what is with this? I don't remember them doing this until this year. Maybe they realized the generic cases are an eyesore and don't want them on their shelves.

Thanks Op.

Picked up MGS4 and NBA2K11. It seems they went by the online prices because I only had to pay $6.

Anyone know how long this deal is gonna last? I wanna pick up GoW Collection and maybe Madden 2K12 Friday.

bread's done
Back