ZombiU
Assassin's Creed III

$49.99
Avengers Battle for Earth
ESPN Sports Connection
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land

:360: :ps3: Dishonored $59.99 - Free strategy guide and Dunwall City Trials DLC w/ purchase

:ps3: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale $39.99 (new low price)

:360: Halo 4 $39.99

:360: Nike+ Kinect Training $49.99 - Free Fast and Focused: Upper Body and Core Pack DLC

:360: :ps3: Far Cry 3 $49.99 :pc: $39.99

:360: Let's Dance $9.99

icongs_r1.gif
50% off all strategy guides
icongs_r1.gif
Double trade-in credit on all systems

URL

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spyder69']Ancient PS2 systems are worth $18? :shock:

You mean I can buy the millions of ones locally for $5 - $10 each and turn them in for $36?

As for Amazon's $50 tag, that just sounds like rape![/QUOTE]
Yep!

I got lucky and got a brand new slim for around $50 in June, when my fat one died. I was actually going to buy a used one from GS for $50 or whatever they were back then.

[quote name='HeightsBound']Oh, will BB PM the guide sale? I would rather buy from them.[/QUOTE]

I wonder this too, either BB or Wal-Mart. My Gamestops have a weak selection of guides now after having tons of them months ago.

[quote name='spyder69']Ancient PS2 systems are worth $18? :shock:

You mean I can buy the millions of ones locally for $5 - $10 each and turn them in for $36?

As for Amazon's $50 tag, that just sounds like rape![/QUOTE]

Where do you live that PS2s are $5 or $10?

I traded in my extra older 360 finally. I have been getting Kindle Gift Cards from GameStop with my store credit so I could buy stuff on Amazon, but they today that they wouldn't even sell me Kindle Gift Cards unless I bought an Amazon Kindle Fire at GameStop. Thanks but no thanks.

Checked at 2 other local GameStops and the same thing. I guess I will have to use somewhere else for my trade-ins now.

[quote name='JoeyLW']I traded in my extra older 360 finally. I have been getting Kindle Gift Cards from GameStop with my store credit so I could buy stuff on Amazon, but they today that they wouldn't even sell me Kindle Gift Cards unless I bought an Amazon Kindle Fire at GameStop. Thanks but no thanks.

Checked at 2 other local GameStops and the same thing. I guess I will have to use somewhere else for my trade-ins now.[/QUOTE]
I have had success at Best Buy turning credit into Kindle Gift Cards. The trade-in values are comparable also.

[quote name='whitereflection']Where do you live that PS2s are $5 or $10?[/QUOTE]

This. I can see the systems alone MAYBE. But you need a controller / cables to get credit

[quote name='JoeyLW']I traded in my extra older 360 finally. I have been getting Kindle Gift Cards from GameStop with my store credit so I could buy stuff on Amazon, but they today that they wouldn't even sell me Kindle Gift Cards unless I bought an Amazon Kindle Fire at GameStop. Thanks but no thanks.

Checked at 2 other local GameStops and the same thing. I guess I will have to use somewhere else for my trade-ins now.[/QUOTE]

The handful of cards they've received have supposed to go with the Kindle Fire HD's they have in stock all along so if they sold them to you before they screwed up royally.

Just FYI - I know for a fact the DMC guide will not work with the 50% off guides deal. There are a few exceptions to this deal, that being one of them.

Additionally, if it seems your Gamestop has a very limited selection of guides on the salesfloor, it's because most got rid of their strategy guide racks a few months back. Chances are they have a whole bunch more in back if you just ask.

Well guess its time to pick up halo 4 and return my rental copy. I have a $5 pur coupon (new games) and a $25 gc from Xmas, ~$10 out of pocket works for me.

I picked up quite a number of guides yesterday.

One of the guides was the Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition.

Yes. XII. As in 12... Im not sure why they still had that..

I bought two of them from this sale as well (the FF12 guide). They never got pennied out years and years ago, so they still kept them I suppose. The ones I got were 14.99, reduced to 6.75 I think.

[quote name='technicalstylez']picked up anarchy reigns along with
witcher 2 guide $10.13 (pur + 2 different promos?)
ff xiii-2 sd guide $6.75 (pur + 1 promo)[/QUOTE]

when you get a game you get an extra 10%

Has there been the slightest bit of chatter as to when the next B2G1 sale will be? I absolutely refuse to use my $20 gift card that I got for Christmas until then.

Next B2G1 will probably be sometime in March-April (income tax season).

Also, to confirm, this unfortunately does NOT work on the DMC guide for anyone who is thinking about it. Sad, I wanted to do it as well :(

Also, @technicalstylez: As bj said, you get an additional 20% on the one guide (more expensive) for buying it with a game and having a PUR card. Normally, the PUR takes 10% off, but the game added on does nother 10%, plus your 50% off. :)

[quote name='THT']Next B2G1 will probably be sometime in March-April (income tax season).[/QUOTE]

Hadn't thought of that, looks like I'll be hanging onto my gift card for a while.

[quote name='dominator']Picked up the Soul Calibur V CE for 2.25 after all discounts, so I walked out a very happy customer.[/QUOTE]same it was still stickered $10 so I thought it was gonna be $5.

I price matched the 50% off guide sale at Best Buy yesterday. Yeah, you dont get the extra 10-20% extra on top of the 50% like you do with the PUR card, but you still get points on your Rewards card and more importantly, guides that aren't even offered at GS.

[quote name='addicted2games']I price matched the 50% off guide sale at Best Buy yesterday. Yeah, you dont get the extra 10-20% extra on top of the 50% like you do with the PUR card, but you still get points on your Rewards card and more importantly, guides that aren't even offered at GS.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, I may have to try that. Already spent over $40 on guides last week from GS though...arrrgh.

[quote name='kart007k']Damn it I want XCOM to be on sale.[/QUOTE]

I feel sad. I picked it up from Walmart on Black Friday and I still haven't even opened it.

[quote name='THT']
Also, @technicalstylez: As bj said, you get an additional 20% on the one guide (more expensive) for buying it with a game and having a PUR card. Normally, the PUR takes 10% off, but the game added on does nother 10%, plus your 50% off. :)[/QUOTE]At one GS I visited, the employee suggested buying a used game to get the additional 10% off for the six guides I purchased, but for whatever reason, the discount wouldn't appear after scanning a game (he tried a used copy of Halo 3 just to see if it would work). I figured that three promos stacking might be a little much for GS to handle.

Has anyone with a PUR Pro account had success buying a used game with a guide to get the additional 10% discount?

[quote name='Vigilante']At one GS I visited, the employee suggested buying a used game to get the additional 10% off for the six guides I purchased, but for whatever reason, the discount wouldn't appear after scanning a game (he tried a used copy of Halo 3 just to see if it would work). I figured that three promos stacking might be a little much for GS to handle.

Has anyone with a PUR Pro account had success buying a used game with a guide to get the additional 10% discount?[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly positive when I did it last week that it did. I'll look at my reciept when I get home and post it if it did. If it doesn't, I'm not upset, I still got a good deal, and BB were the best about PMing the couple of CE guides they didn't have at GS. I think I got 4 CE guides and 3 regular ones for the price of 2 of the CE guides full price.

when i bought anarchy reigns new i got
witcher 2 - pur 10%/50%/ mystery 10%
ffxiii-2- pur 10%/ 50%

was wondering what the extra 10% on witcher 2 was for, and if it was for buying a game then should it have been applied to both games? idunno.

The extra 10% should come off when buying a used game. Picked up SSBM at about 85% off and a copy of the Witcher 2 guide and got the extra 10 % off no problem.

just called my local Store-Trade in value of nintendo 3DS black is $35 before the doubling. Not worth trading for $70 bucks

[quote name='Vigilante']At one GS I visited, the employee suggested buying a used game to get the additional 10% off for the six guides I purchased, but for whatever reason, the discount wouldn't appear after scanning a game (he tried a used copy of Halo 3 just to see if it would work). I figured that three promos stacking might be a little much for GS to handle.

Has anyone with a PUR Pro account had success buying a used game with a guide to get the additional 10% discount?[/QUOTE]

How many games in total did you have on the transaction prior to adding the used game at the end? If the computer registers you are already receiving a promotion, you wont get anything identical (i.e. additional 10% off a guide). Chances are, the computer may have registered the multiple guides was a good enough requirement to score that extra 10%.

Either way, do you have a way of uploading a scan / pic of your receipt? I can take a look at it for you.

[quote name='strife01104']just called my local Store-Trade in value of nintendo 3DS black is $35 before the doubling. Not worth trading for $70 bucks[/QUOTE]

Rumors are afloat that the 3DS will get another perma price drop. Gamestop is preparing by giving shit for trade-ins and selling them at like $10 under their new current retail. To make things worse, the warehouse is holding onto new systems for the remainder of the month.

[quote name='technicalstylez']does it have to be used? i bought anarchy reigns new and still got 10% extra off the witcher 2 guide.[/QUOTE]

Looking at my receipt from this morning, I actually got my skyrim guide for cheaper than I thought. I bought halo 4 new and the guide, the guide has 3 discounts applied to it ($10.93 after discounts). So it works with new games also.

This additional mystery "10%" really only works out to be like 4%, so not worth getting too excited about if you missed it/didn't buy a game with guides.

[quote name='THT']How many games in total did you have on the transaction prior to adding the used game at the end? If the computer registers you are already receiving a promotion, you wont get anything identical (i.e. additional 10% off a guide). Chances are, the computer may have registered the multiple guides was a good enough requirement to score that extra 10%.

Either way, do you have a way of uploading a scan / pic of your receipt? I can take a look at it for you.[/QUOTE]Assuming you mean "guides" when you say "games in total", I had six of them. The employee then scanned a used copy of Halo 3 to see if the additional 10% discount kicked in, but for whatever reason, the prices didn't change. Now that I think about it, though, I don't think he totaled out the transaction, so for all I know, it would have worked.

Thanks for the offer to look at my receipt, but I don't really have any way to upload a scan or picture of it.

I know the 10% isn't much more of a discount, but considering I (1) bought ~$70 worth of guides with GS credit and (2) will be buying a few used games tomorrow anyway, I figure I could use that extra ~$7.

my god im so tempted to trade in my 4 gig slim. i only have one 360 game in my backlog and im thinking about skipping the next gears of war game too so this might be a good time to trade it in. 140$ is good

[quote name='Brother Daz']Picked up halo 4 this morning and decided to grab the skyrim guide also, couldnt pass it up for $12.50[/QUOTE]

Just beware there will likely be a 3rd version of the Skyrim guide once GotY edition hits that will have the (soon to be) 2 expansions not covered in that one (Dragonborn and the rumored Redguard.)

Guys, just as a heads ups..

Barnes and Nobles carries a lot of old guides. I picked up a couple of copies of sealed Red Dead Redemption GOTYs at my local Barnes and Noble. Granted these are not at 50% off... it's nice to have grabbed it at MSRP when you consider how expensive these go for in the 3rd party market.

[quote name='kyrhon']Guys, just as a heads ups..

Barnes and Nobles carries a lot of old guides. I picked up a couple of copies of sealed Red Dead Redemption GOTYs at my local Barnes and Noble. Granted these are not at 50% off... it's nice to have grabbed it at MSRP when you consider how expensive these go for in the 3rd party market.[/QUOTE]

i have no clue as to why u bought a couple of those guides...no one will buy it at those prices...prob not even at msrp i suggest u return

[quote name='kyrhon']Guys, just as a heads ups..

Barnes and Nobles carries a lot of old guides. I picked up a couple of copies of sealed Red Dead Redemption GOTYs at my local Barnes and Noble. Granted these are not at 50% off... it's nice to have grabbed it at MSRP when you consider how expensive these go for in the 3rd party market.[/QUOTE]

I only see one RDR GOTY LE guide go for $100, but all the others sold for msrp or lower. Doesnt seem worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='klimb22']Kick in the nuts, huh. Make you feel bad for missing out the week before so they offer the coupon. Then bring it back the next week. Good thing is if you didn't use the coupon you can get your points back when it expires.[/QUOTE]

How do you get your points back? I ordered a 50% bonus trade coupon and had to go out of town and wasn't able to use it and it expired and I didn't get any points back. If I could that would be awesome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='edub3']How do you get your points back? I ordered a 50% bonus trade coupon and had to go out of town and wasn't able to use it and it expired and I didn't get any points back. If I could that would be awesome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Once you redeem points, they're gone. Don't use the coupon and that's on you. Sorry to be a jerk, but they're not going to give you back points because you didn't use the coupon.

At least that's how I've always understood it. I've never gotten points back for one unused code I had way back when.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Once you redeem points, they're gone. Don't use the coupon and that's on you. Sorry to be a jerk, but they're not going to give you back points because you didn't use the coupon.

At least that's how I've always understood it. I've never gotten points back for one unused code I had way back when.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think so either but I saw someone mention it earlier. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='edub3']I didn't think so either but I saw someone mention it earlier. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd never heard of that/never got points back, so I can't imagine they started that all the sudden with how much trouble I get for trying to return used games within 7 days sometimes haha.

[quote name='edub3']How do you get your points back? I ordered a 50% bonus trade coupon and had to go out of town and wasn't able to use it and it expired and I didn't get any points back. If I could that would be awesome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tuffguycore']Once you redeem points, they're gone. Don't use the coupon and that's on you. Sorry to be a jerk, but they're not going to give you back points because you didn't use the coupon.

At least that's how I've always understood it. I've never gotten points back for one unused code I had way back when.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='edub3']I didn't think so either but I saw someone mention it earlier. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tuffguycore']Yeah, I'd never heard of that/never got points back, so I can't imagine they started that all the sudden with how much trouble I get for trying to return used games within 7 days sometimes haha.[/QUOTE]
You have to call PUR CS. They will see that the coupon is expired and wasn't used. They will refund the points. I have done it multiple times. I first learned out about this on CAG when some folks had coupons that disappeared on the last day they were good.

[quote name='klimb22']You have to call PUR CS. They will see that the coupon is expired and wasn't used. They will refund the points. I have done it multiple times. I first learned out about this on CAG when some folks had coupons that disappeared on the last day they were good.[/QUOTE]

Huh, I stand corrected, I never knew that. Kinda sucks, I would have done that if I'd known, but I've never seen it mentioned on their site or anything.

bread's done
Back