Gamestop Ad 6/27 - 7/5

Oh good open the, "I wouldnt play duke, even if they paid me" floodgates. I feel like im perhaps the only supporter of the game on this website at times. Not saying its the greatest game, but its decent. I personally enjoyed my playthrough.

I am probably going to pick up duke for $5.

But what i am wondering is, is that a good price for the PS3 bundle?

If people want to spend $5-$10 on it that's fine, but it's still one of the worst games of this generation and I'd rather spend money getting a decent to good game on sale, like any of the BB @Gamer coupon games or even Spiderman EoT yesterday on Amazon.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Oh good open the, "I wouldnt play duke, even if they paid me" floodgates. I feel like im perhaps the only supporter of the game on this website at times.[/QUOTE]

I bought duke collectors on amazon for 15 bucks. The game has few redeeming qualities and it is very boring. There are so many waaay better shooters. 5 bucks is still worth it.

[quote name='Slappybob']I am probably going to pick up duke for $5.

But what i am wondering is, is that a good price for the PS3 bundle?[/QUOTE]

$250 for that bundle? I guess but if your in no rush for one, hold out to see if a price drop comes or if you can stand the wait, black friday should have some nice cheap and great bundles.

Duke was $3 at best buy in like april, so $5 isn't too bad. I still haven't played it or even opened it XD.
after the demo I knew it was going to be bad, but when I see a retail game on current gen consoles brand new for that kind of price I buy it.

I wish Gearbox hadn't just farmed out the last couple Borderland's DLCs to work on the shitshow that was Duke Nukem.

I was actually just about to finally start Duke. Got him for $5 from Best Buy back around Christmas. Not expecting much, but maybe I'll end up pleasantly surprised. For that price I had to see what all the fuss is about.

Duke is an awful, awful game, BUT that's not to say I didn't have a little bit of fun with it. Technically speaking, it's poorly made and lacking in many key areas, but there is still fun to be had if you can overlook the bad things.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Oh good open the, "I wouldnt play duke, even if they paid me" floodgates. I feel like im perhaps the only supporter of the game on this website at times. Not saying its the greatest game, but its decent. I personally enjoyed my playthrough.[/QUOTE]

I even bought the DLC. DLC is way better than main game.

Has RDR GOTY ever been in the $19.99 range at gamestop or any other retail store? cant remember f it went on sale before. that $23.99 price seems like a good deal. might have to trade in my vanilla version to get that one.

[quote name='nnthomas']I even bought the DLC. DLC is way better than main game.[/QUOTE]

yeah i heard the dlc improved on some things. See if the game was as shitty as everyone says, then why did dlc get made for it? I wont pay 800 MSP for it, but if it ever goes on sale, I will def. pick it up.

I'd say the ps3 bundle sucks. Those games are largely throw aways, there's better deals and even madden 13 bundles that might serve you better.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Oh good open the, "I wouldnt play duke, even if they paid me" floodgates. I feel like im perhaps the only supporter of the game on this website at times. Not saying its the greatest game, but its decent. I personally enjoyed my playthrough.[/QUOTE]
I bought it for $35 and loved it. One of the most fun games I've played in the last 5 years. The classic gameplay really felt like a breath of fresh air.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'd say the ps3 bundle sucks. Those games are largely throw aways, there's better deals and even madden 13 bundles that might serve you better.[/QUOTE]

I could not disagree more.

While I prefer Forza 4, GT5 is still a spectacular game with essentially unlimited replayability thanks to continuous new challenges that show up. My biggest gripe is that the menus are very convoluted.

The Sly Collection is three good platformers that appeal to all types of people from young kids to adults.

The only issue I have with the bundle is that 160gb fills up pretty quickly, especially considering the PS+ games that can be downloaded.

Still, $250 to get your foot in the door and $75 down the road for a giant harddrive is a steal to me.

[quote name='marineal']Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 is $9.99[/QUOTE]
Was $14.99 in-store but I got lucky and the employee pm'ed the site for $9.99.

best buy had it for 19.99 before

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Has RDR GOTY ever been in the $19.99 range at gamestop or any other retail store? cant remember f it went on sale before. that $23.99 price seems like a good deal. might have to trade in my vanilla version to get that one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BadBrains']Was $14.99 in-store but I got lucky and the employee pm'ed the site for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Sucks! Same thing happened in my local store. ofcourse i pass on the new game. employee didnt want to PM online price. Oh well.

ill probably just buy the game tomorrow with the B2G1. I saw a mint looking used copy on the shelf so i'll be okay. used priced is $11.99 btw

[quote name='technicalstylez']best buy had it for 19.99 before[/QUOTE]

okay, nice to know. passing on that game then and wait for a better deal. hehe!

I did get Sorcery for $19.99. employee said that was the last copy they had sealed. the other copy they had was on display (gutted) ofcourse. Not sure how true the stock info though. but yeah im happy with the purchased. paid with credits. hehe!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Sucks! Same thing happened in my local store. ofcourse i pass on the new game. employee didnt want to PM online price. Oh well.

[/QUOTE]
My counter point to send it home was "How is it going to say "unavailable online" yet be an online only price? (for the ps3 version)"

[quote name='KENFL0']Duke is defiantly worth $5, pretty fun game[/QUOTE]

BBY had it for like $2.99 before. i grabbed it then. hehe! Its still sealed and in my backlog.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']BBY had it for like $2.99 before. i grabbed it then. hehe! Its still sealed and in my backlog.[/QUOTE]
Its was still that price like a week and a half ago at BBY(for the PS3)

I was considering buying out the entire inventory of Duke Nukem at my local Gamestop. It's obvious that in a few years factory sealed copies of this title will be the holy grail of video game collectibles.

I totally agree. I played it on PC though where the tech problems apparently weren't nearly as bad as the consoles.

oh I've supported it. It's a good game for a mindless shooter. I've played far worse "Better" games that are up their own asses that everyone is supposed to like.

Well worth $5 (even $20)

[quote name='SolidSnake86']I was considering buying out the entire inventory of Duke Nukem at my local Gamestop. It's obvious that in a few years factory sealed copies of this title will be the holy grail of video game collectibles.[/QUOTE]

;) :lol:

[quote name='Vulcan2422']How's the multi player for Duke? Community still there or is it dead?[/QUOTE]

No achievements for MP, so it's probably gonna be a ghost town.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Has RDR GOTY ever been in the $19.99 range at gamestop or any other retail store? cant remember f it went on sale before. that $23.99 price seems like a good deal. might have to trade in my vanilla version to get that one.[/QUOTE]BB, GS, AMZ matched both previously

[quote name='i MarK i']Would best buy be able to PM red dead even though the gamestop ad says 20% regular price?[/QUOTE]Don't use the ad use the site on your phone. Tell you want to purchase it but you researched it & GS has it cheaper, let them know you're a GC, RZ(GCU and/or RZ silver) member & you'd rather get it there than elsewhere. Depending on how strict they are they may call to confirm stock price but mine just use their store pcs to verify price.

I passed up on Duke at $5 soo many time, I lost track. Lol it's like forcing you to buy the game!! I am not sure if I ll even goto the store even if it's free. Nothing against game, but every1 has bashed it, and I have around 15 gms that need to be played.

[quote name='Tsel']Duke is an awful, awful game, BUT that's not to say I didn't have a little bit of fun with it. Technically speaking, it's poorly made and lacking in many key areas, but there is still fun to be had if you can overlook the bad things.[/QUOTE]

This matches my first impressions. I realize it's not an especially good game, but so far I'm having fun with it. I'm not seeing all the technical issues everyone else seems to mention. Load times are tolerable and everything is functioning adequately. Perhaps I am just more easily amused than everyone else.

High points:

The old-school, classic FPS feel of the whole thing.
Crude, juvenile humor.
Duke being oblivious to the fact that his 90s pop-culture references are no longer the least bit relevant.
Duke being shrunk down to action-figure size and driving around in a toy car and talking like he inhaled helium.

Not-so-high points:

Regular gunplay is pretty unremarkable.
Miss the fact that Duke can only carry 2 weapons instead of his entire arsenal like in previous games.
Couple of annoying puzzles that grind progress to a halt.
Awful voice acting and stiff, robotic character animations.

So yeah, definite mixed bag, but easily worth $5 in my opinion.

[quote name='marineal']Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 is $9.99[/QUOTE]

That's a good price, especially when their ad says $14.99. I'd probably get it if I had the first years.

I bought DNF during the $2.99 BB blowout. I can't say it's a great game by any stretch but I did have fun with it, fun enough to finish the main story anyway.

If you can find it for sub-$5, I'd say jump on it.

Duke is worth $5. The game mostly suffered from people who for some reason think the original Duke games were amazing (they really weren't) and people who don't remember the old games at all and had expected something truly masterful with all the hype (and it really wasn't).

bread's done
Back