GameStop Ad for 5/1 - 5/7

Ehh. For a poster watch dogs poster? The game looks great hopefully they step it up when it's closer to release

Guys, I think we all need to acknowledge the most important part of that ad:

FAR CRY 3: BLOOD DRAGON YEEEEEEEAAAAAH

*ahem* That is all.

I think I might get it with the credit I've been sitting on. There's nothing else coming out that I'm interested in until the middle of June (Last of Us). I thought Blood Dragon was going to be $20.

[quote name='dino88']Is $14.99 for Blood Dragon a sale price or just msrp?[/QUOTE]MSRP like another CAG already said, but I'm going to buy it at that price anyway since it looks so freaking awesome...and I want to support the developers for taking the approach they did. :applause:

[quote name='Vigilante']MSRP like another CAG already said, but I'm going to buy it at that price anyway since it looks so freaking awesome...and I want to support the developers for taking the approach they did. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does look awesome. Too bad it's digital only though, because I'd love to have a case with that cover art.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, it does look awesome. Too bad it's digital only though, because I'd love to have a case with that cover art.[/QUOTE]You and me both, man... :drool:

Imagine how crazy the preorder numbers would be if you got a free poster of Blood Dragon with purchase.

Man, I can't keep going to gamestop to preorder a game for a poster and then immediately cancel the preorder. I feel like such an ass.

[quote name='WalkerD']Man, I can't keep going to gamestop to preorder a game for a poster and then immediately cancel the preorder. I feel like such an ass.[/QUOTE]Assuming there's a game coming out that you actually want, you can come back later and ask to switch the preorder over to that game. It doesn't hurt the employee's numbers and it's less suspicious. ;)

Hopefully with Borderlands 2 on sale for $30 the used price drops to$27.99. With PUR and birthday coupon I can pick it up again for$20.

[quote name='Vigilante']Assuming there's a game coming out that you actually want, you can come back later and ask to switch the preorder over to that game. It doesn't hurt the employee's numbers and it's less suspicious. ;)[/QUOTE]

couldn't gamestop flag you if your preorder, then cancelling? if you do it too many times?

[quote name='Vigilante']Assuming there's a game coming out that you actually want, you can come back later and ask to switch the preorder over to that game. It doesn't hurt the employee's numbers and it's less suspicious. ;)[/QUOTE]
What about never picking up the game and coming back later for the deposit? I always wonder what options are available to cancel a pre-order without hurting the employee doing it.

[quote name='YBX87']i always wonder what happens if the store you preordered from, closes down?[/QUOTE]

The reserves get shifted to the next closest location.

[quote name='YBX87']i always wonder what happens if the store you preordered from, closes down?[/QUOTE]
I had that happen to me when Ni No Kuni came out. Some lady called me and told me to pick it up at the next nearest GameStop.

[quote name='htz']What about never picking up the game and coming back later for the deposit? I always wonder what options are available to cancel a pre-order without hurting the employee doing it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the only way to not hurt the employee is transferring the money over, but I guess there might be a better method coming down the road.

I ended up picking up Black Ops 2 at another spot and forgot about the $5 I put down on it back in May at Gamestop...

wonder if it is still available in my account, or do they keep it?

[quote name='ral1121']I ended up picking up Black Ops 2 at another spot and forgot about the $5 I put down on it back in May at Gamestop...

wonder if it is still available in my account, or do they keep it?[/QUOTE]

You can use the $5 on whatever you want including another pre-order, or you can ask for a refund.

I'm happy that they advertised Deadly Premonition Director's cut(Played it on Xbox , and i really liked it). I will pick that up for sure and Farcry Blood dragon.

I want Deadly Premonition II !! So please support this awesome game.

I know limelight ..All i wanted was a port of the old game but instead we get redone HD textures, reworked controls and some new scenario..Oh i forgot 3D too. BLAH!! It's still a great game even with all the broken mechanics. Still $29.99 would of been great but if $40 dollars gets me a sequel, i'm all in.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']You can use the $5 on whatever you want including another pre-order, or you can ask for a refund.[/QUOTE]

So, it doesn't matter if it has been awhile?

Cuz I just remembered I put $5 on Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS, but I bought it elsewhere for cheaper.

[quote name='hotpocket']So, it doesn't matter if it has been awhile?

Cuz I just remembered I put $5 on Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS, but I bought it elsewhere for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it stay as a pre-order for that game at that gamestop only though for almost ever.

Last week I went to pre-order tales of Xilia, and the employee was looking through all my pre-orders and noticed I had a Ghost Recon pre-order left in there. He just used that 5 towards my pre-order

[quote name='StryderOmega']Waiting for the Game Day sale! Come on GS! Hurry and do this already![/QUOTE]

yes i cant wait either ! theres always 2-3 very good games on it and a bunch of solid ones like majin the forsaken kingdom in it :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']yes i cant wait either ! theres always 2-3 very good games on it and a bunch of solid ones like majin the forsaken kingdom in it :D[/QUOTE]

I just want my cheap copy of GOW 3 Epic edition... Lol

The ass. manager was talking about quality preorders to his staff so I went for it and asked. The best thing to do is roll it into a dif preorder. The best thing to do for everyone is pickup the game and then return it sealed, you get your money back and it's the second best thing for them.

People are willing to lie/cheat/steal to get a 50 cent children's poster? Are these the same persons that would fill the streets with blood and tears if said poster were inadvertently mis-advertised to come with the game, yet didn't? Amazing the depths to which society has fallen. :applause:

if you wanna get any preorder freebie/poster, try to befriend the staff/manager. i always get the latest preorder bonuses without preordering anything since they know me/im a regular and they tend to get excess stuff. beats having to preorder something you dont want.

[quote name='WalkerD']Man, I can't keep going to gamestop to preorder a game for a poster and then immediately cancel the preorder. I feel like such an ass.[/QUOTE]

Im sure Gamestop will be okay with their billions...

[quote name='Gkage']Im sure Gamestop will be okay with their billions...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Since Walmart makes billions, one shouldn't have to pay for their goods either. Just walk in, take whatever you want and leave. Tell 'em the good folks at CAG sent you and you'll be fine. Exxon makes alot as well, so never pay for gas. If you see a box with "Amazon" on it, just take it, regarless of the address label. Oh, and the government has oodles in its coffers, so be sure to simply snatch up any guns those guards might have on them when you walk into a federal building as well. Again, if you're a member of CAG, it's all OK! :whee:

[quote name='StryderOmega']I just want my cheap copy of GOW 3 Epic edition... Lol[/QUOTE]
The GS around sold them out when they had it for $49.99, some say it even got converted?

Deadly Premonition is double the price it was 3 years ago on the 360 merely because they "tweaked" a few things? fuck that. I planned on picking that game up, but fuck that.

I heard they weren't going to do Gamer Days this year. Also, if you don't want to hurt the employees the best time to cancel pre-orders is during the holiday season. Or that's what I've heard, the people who work at my closest store said they only track raw sales during those times, not pre-orders or power up cards.

[quote name='TooPoor']The GS around sold them out when they had it for $49.99, some say it even got converted?[/QUOTE]

I saw that there was a thread about it being converted a long time ago, however, almost all stores around me still have it in stock for 49.99. So I am very hopeful.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Also, if you don't want to hurt the employees the best time to cancel pre-orders is during the holiday season. Or that's what I've heard, the people who work at my closest store said they only track raw sales during those times, not pre-orders or power up cards.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

[quote name='TooPoor']The GS around sold them out when they had it for $49.99, some say it even got converted?[/QUOTE]

They're still in the system as new at $49.99. My store has 2 that we've been sitting on forever which nobody will even pick up at that price point.

bread's done
Back