GameStop Banned Me Forever!

[quote name='svt1029']again making things up, when did I ever tell him to go to the dm's store and cause trouble?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='svt1029']btw if they call the cops on you for tresspassing the cops will laugh and maybe ask you to leave the store, best case scenario for you is to catch this DM in a store and do somehting like trade in games infront of him, hope he touchs you, sue BIG TIME and live happily ever after, people are such tools about nothing, no reason to get upset on something like videogames when theres such more important things in life[/QUOTE]

Yep, you sure didn't tell him to go back.

by telling him to go back to the store in no way is telling him to cause trouble, and id hate to break it to you but half of the people in this thread have told him to do the same thing

Oy, such venom flying around over a lil' thing.

Firstly- you broke no laws, you did nothing wrong other than piss off Mr. DM. But piss him off you did, and got banned for it. Going back to do the same thing that got him pissed off enough to ban you wasn't really the brightest of ideas.

Spend whatever credit you've got and leave the Gamestops alone... I really doubt you're making any real money trading in there (or you wouldn't want the min. wage job from them in the first place). Shop/trade your game elsewhere and save yourself the grief from dealing with this guy.

As for the 'hoarder' thing, everyone defines it differently- honestly, I'd be half inclined to call you one myself since you're buying multiples for pure profit. That's got more to do with me living in the middle of a bunch of tech nuts who sponge up every really good deal remotely nearby, to the point that I don't even try becuase I know they'll be nothing left. If you don't feel guilty, then ingore what anyone else says- it's just a damn game, not the end of the world.

[quote name='svt1029']by telling him to go back to the store in no way is telling him to cause trouble, and id hate to break it to you but half of the people in this thread have told him to do the same thing[/QUOTE]

Now you're stupid and a liar. I called you out for lying. You told him to go back to trade more games, that is causing trouble when he is already BANNED. Do you not understand the word BANNED? No speak Engrish?

What's your point? Half the other people are telling him to use his credit and move on or shop at a different district. And really, it's Gamestop. Be glad you're banned from that place.

Ok... to all the people posting stuff about how i should just forget about shopping at GS...understand i actually ENJOY shopping at GS as i find many good deals on games...and this DM is an ass...it's obvious by his lack of communication with me for 4 weeks at which point i was THEN cut from employment, not to mention him calling me on his WAY HOME and threatening me with detectives in Rome (THAT IS THE CITY I LIVE IN! IN GEORGIA! NOT ITALY DAMNIT!), filing investigations and calling the PD cuz i was "defrauding the company."

From what some have told me, they can track my activity according to my edge card and all my gift cards connected to my edge card...so this seems to be an easy fix...give all my credit to some poor kid, including my edge card...watch him go after me and cancel all my credit and edge card, and i tell him he's gotta explain why poor little timmy can no longer buy games to distract him from his abusive lifestyle lol. then file harassment charges for him continually calling and threatening me

[quote name='gokou36']Now you're stupid and a liar. I called you out for lying. You told him to go back to trade more games, that is causing trouble when he is already BANNED. Do you not understand the word BANNED? No speak Engrish?

What's your point? Half the other people are telling him to use his credit and move on or shop at a different district. And really, it's Gamestop. Be glad you're banned from that place.[/quote]

where exactly did i lie? lol by him continueing to shop at ebgames how is that causeing trouble? my man you need to calm down

[quote name='advanced']Rage against the motha fuckin machine man.

Go in there and be like "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE"[/quote]

i love post's like this but i have dragon ball z yelling at me hah

[quote name='svt1029']where exactly did i lie? lol by him continueing to shop at ebgames how is that causeing trouble? my man you need to calm down[/QUOTE]

Still a dumb idiot I see. You told him to go to the same store with the DM and to continue to trade while he was banned and then you tried to deny ever telling him to go to the DM's store. You're a funny little tool ^_^ .

[quote name='svt1029']i love post's like this but i have dragon ball z yelling at me hah[/QUOTE]

It's typical, kids like you have nothing else to say but to make fun of someone's username to make yourself feel good.

[quote name='svt1029']btw i had a similar situation occur to me over a year ago so that i had my gf begin trading games in for me and the stores GM who had banned me just gave up due to my cleverness[/QUOTE]

Lol I missed this part. So you're telling the guy to go back to that store to trade after being banned there....yet you used your gf to trade for you while you were banned. That's just rich. Didn't take your own advice and go back to cause trouble? Too scared that they would call the cops on you? You're a funny guy :p .

the problem here is when gamestop has trade in offers like this it usually (clearly) states no vendors or resellers. you, by trading in multiple copies of various games fall into that catagory, you are not contributing to the company's financial output but rather making a profit, a profit that should be taxed, hence the law gets involved. so dont be surprised if you get audited. or even charged with conspiracy to comit fraud(tax fraud likely)

no spell check, i know, i suck

[quote name='Venomus']the problem here is when gamestop has trade in offers like this it usually (clearly) states no vendors or resellers. you, by trading in multiple copies of various games fall into that catagory, you are not contributing to the company's financial output but rather making a profit, a profit that should be taxed, hence the law gets involved. so dont be surprised if you get audited. or even charged with conspiracy to comit fraud(tax fraud likely)

no spell check, i know, i suck[/quote]

I believe that disclaimer is only during sales, not trade in promotions. I've never seen a disclaimer like that for trading in games, only stuff like B2G1 sale.

[quote name='gokou36']Still a dumb idiot I see. You told him to go to the same store with the DM and to continue to trade while he was banned and then you tried to deny ever telling him to go to the DM's store. You're a funny little tool ^_^ .

It's typical, kids like you have nothing else to say but to make fun of someone's username to make yourself feel good.

Lol I missed this part. So you're telling the guy to go back to that store to trade after being banned there....yet you used your gf to trade for you while you were banned. That's just rich. Didn't take your own advice and go back to cause trouble? Too scared that they would call the cops on you? You're a funny guy :p .[/quote]

so wait you can sit here and throw names at me left and right and i cant even say dragonball z with you crying? hah and im 21, not a kid, but by him wanting to continue business with eb games that is not causeing trouble, again half this thread agrees with me that he should continue to do business just not be an idiot and trade multiple copies anymore, you and i just agree to disagree, end of it

Last edited by a moderator:
and btw sorry but no store will call the cops on you for simply tradeing in multiple games, you can call me all the names you want and get sensitive about your love for DBZ but at the end of the day your just very angry about something else and when i did have my gf trade in games with my i was there with her so dont act like you know me or my situation by saying i was scared to get arrested for tradeing games in, but im glad you've reduced yourself to personal insults and have now made yourself look like a complete a$$

this is my last post in this thread, i dont have time to argue with you, its pathetic

sorry that your such a straight edge, hope that works out for you

The one word that came to mind from reading this whole thread is stalker.(no, not the game)

IANAL, but if he was to track you through your edge card and account info, that would seem like wrongful use of information to me. Is there a agreement that you sign or say yes to when signing up for an edge card? If so, then check it and see what it says.

[quote name='svt1029']so wait you can sit here and throw names at me left and right and i cant even say dragonball z with you crying? hah and im 21, not a kid, but by him wanting to continue business with eb games that is not causeing trouble, again half this thread agrees with me that he should continue to do business just not be an idiot and trade multiple copies anymore, you and i just agree to disagree, end of it[/QUOTE]

I called you a dumb lying idiot because that's what you've been doing in this thread. My username has *nothing* to do with this situation. Hence why you are a stupid kid and have nothing to add to the argument besides attacking someone's username.

[quote name='svt1029']and btw sorry but no store will call the cops on you for simply tradeing in multiple games, you can call me all the names you want and get sensitive about your love for DBZ but at the end of the day your just very angry about something else and when i did have my gf trade in games with my i was there with her so dont act like you know me or my situation by saying i was scared to get arrested for tradeing games in, but im glad you've reduced yourself to personal insults and have now made yourself look like a complete a$$

this is my last post in this thread, i dont have time to argue with you, its pathetic

sorry that your such a straight edge, hope that works out for you[/QUOTE]

And again, you are wrong. This isn't about *calling cops on you for trading multiple games*. He is banned from that DM's stores. If the DM sees him, obviously the DM will proceed to kick him out of the store first before calling the cops. I find it funny that you gave him bad advice and now you're trying to evade it by saying something different.

Here is my advice from working in retail for WAY too many years.
1) The DM has every right to ban you from all the stores in his district. He may not know the whole story but in his eyes you committed fraud. You were an employee and should have known the rules better in his eyes.
2) Your Edge Card Number is already flagged in the system. Buying a new card would only flag the new card.
3) Until the DM moves on or you use the total amount on the Edge Card, you will be flagged in the system. Buy some stuff and either sell it or enjoy it.
4) Get a new Edge Card at a store where some new employee works and doesn't know the situation.
5) You will never work at Gamestop again. You will always be flagged in the system and never get a job even if it is ten years down the road.

if you have so much experience working in retail then explain this to me djooba:

1) If i can no longer use my edge card then i should be refunded for it shouldn't I? if they cancel it, Im pretty sure I can easily call the cops and get them to refund my money (if they refuse of course) simply because that's theft, and theft is illegal (obviously)

I can always get someone else to buy an edge card in their name and then I can use it no problem..

2) I no longer have credit on my EDGE CARD (the one that has the discount on it) but i have tons of gift cards/blank edge cards with credit on them...like i said above, I'm just going to give my remaining credit to someone (prob a friend) and if the DM comes after me cuz my FRIEND used that card, I'll tell him show me the f'in proof that i actually used it.

3) So explain to me what happens if one of the games I gave to my brother is returned to GS and my name pops up in the system again? WTF happens then?

4) IF I shop OUT OF THE DM'S DISTRICT...does that mean that i can still be flagged if i forgo ANY ACTIVITY at that store?

If you didn't read my backstory...i'd HOPE you could EASILY tell i DO NOT want to work at GS ever again...and im not sure if by "never get a job" you meant ANYWHERE...or just at GS...cuz if you meant ANYWHERE..for the 3rd time i tell you the separation notice i received only says "TEMPORARY JOB ENDED" that's it! nothing else!

Jesus, this thread is still alive?

Okay OP, listen to the guy above me EXCEPT for the point about a new Edge card being 'automatically flagged'. Please!

As long as you don't plan to trade in any more items at Gamestop (a transaction which usually requires a valid ID/Driver's License, hence a way they/the nefarious DM could possibly track you), you will be fine. Simply apply for a new Edge card via the $2 trick (see the video game deals forum for details - basically just print out a copy of the $2 Edge card mailer, fill it out and send it along with a check for $2 to the address on the card) but use a modification of the name(s) on your previous Edge cards.

Then, once you get the new card, you will be fine using it at any Gamestop store as long as the store's employees don't recognize you. I.e., don't go back to the store you used to work at, that's just stupid. And don't use it with any transaction that requires you to present ID - credit card transactions, trade ins, etc. You can still exploit deals on used crap, say buying cheap PS2 Network adapters and what not.

as for the rest...

The Rome, Georgia PD is not going to come after you, LOL. What could they possibly come after you for thus far? Unless you go into a store where the police themselves have previously warned you not to enter/return to, you'll be fine. At this point, the DM has simply given you a verbal warning to "stay out of his stores" over the phone - it would be a case of his statement versus yours, so the police wouldn't do a damn thing at this point. They would simply take his statement claiming he told you over the phone not to come into the store, then your statement where you would indicate he never said that, then the police would warn you not to come back into any Gamestop location, the violation of that order would be tresspassing.

The only other thing you've done - legally and lawfully purchasing games at $X.XX and reselling said legally and lawfully purchased games for $Y.YY? You're not breaking any law there. Perhaps the DM would claim that he suspects you've been selling/receiving stolen merchandise, theft etc., but he has not a single shred of proof. Nor do the police. Heresy and speculation won't get you very far in the real world.

The worst that could possibly happen at this point, is this detective calling you and asking (pressuring) you to come down to the station to make a statement, usually involving some ridiculous claims, in this case from the DM, and threats from the officer/detective, that you've been selling them stolen property or whatnot, tresspassing, etc. If this happens, feel free to call the detective's bluff and tell him that the only way you're going to the station is if the police come and arrest you, and since you've committed no offense that warrants arrest, violated no law, that you won't be seeing him anytime soon. And that if you do see him or any officer, that it will only be with your legal representation present. Then feel free to tell him that the manager has been harassing you via phonecalls, threatening you etc. (though it won't matter because you'd have to go down to the station to file a report on the matter).

And no, you don't have any sort of actionable offense that you can pursue, unless you happen to get some (legal) recordings of the phone conversation(s) between you and the DM. No idea what the law is in Georgia, but here in Cali you can't make audio or video recordings of individuals without their prior consent. Of course, nothing prevents you from say, recording any future phone conversations with the DM without his knowledge/consent, then posting said recording on youtube and notify the consumerist, then contacting Gamestop corporate. That would be interesting, indeed. Especially if it was a really juicy.

Even then, you're talking peanuts in terms of damages, so no attorney worth their salt will bother to deal with your case. You haven't suffered and physical, mental/psychological harm that can affect your ability to work or make a living, for example, so really you have no case, at least none worth pursuing.

But if you could get something to hold Gamestop over, like said recordings, then perhaps you could squeeze a decent settlement out of them.

Ultimately though, as I previously said, just ignore this nonsense with the DM and let it go, go about your business as usual, get the credit liquidated ASAP (purchase only hot items, like the Wii, Wii Fit etc.) and get the new Edge card if you absolutely must shop at Gamestop.

[quote name='animemaniac14']if you have so much experience working in retail then explain this to me djooba:

1) If i can no longer use my edge card then i should be refunded for it shouldn't I? if they cancel it, Im pretty sure I can easily call the cops and get them to refund my money (if they refuse of course) simply because that's theft, and theft is illegal (obviously)

I can always get someone else to buy an edge card in their name and then I can use it no problem..

2) I no longer have credit on my EDGE CARD (the one that has the discount on it) but i have tons of gift cards/blank edge cards with credit on them...like i said above, I'm just going to give my remaining credit to someone (prob a friend) and if the DM comes after me cuz my FRIEND used that card, I'll tell him show me the f'in proof that i actually used it.

3) So explain to me what happens if one of the games I gave to my brother is returned to GS and my name pops up in the system again? WTF happens then?

4) IF I shop OUT OF THE DM'S DISTRICT...does that mean that i can still be flagged if i forgo ANY ACTIVITY at that store?

If you didn't read my backstory...i'd HOPE you could EASILY tell i DO NOT want to work at GS ever again...and im not sure if by "never get a job" you meant ANYWHERE...or just at GS...cuz if you meant ANYWHERE..for the 3rd time i tell you the separation notice i received only says "TEMPORARY JOB ENDED" that's it! nothing else![/quote]
Looks like everything is fine then. Your third point donsn't matter because they can't track individual game. The only thing that was ever flagged was your name and the Edge Card you had. Nothing else. They could flag the gift cards but that is a giant hassle for them and not worth the effort. I wasn't trying to come off as my post was the end all be all but 10 years in retail and all my dealings with EB/Gamestop and various other companies, I have seen this happen before.
Hell, I have been flagged in the EB/Gamestop system and can never work for them again. I also watched 3 guys get fired from another store that racked up $40,000 in fake trade-in to boost their numbers and then bought PS2s to sell.

[quote name='animemaniac14']if you have so much experience working in retail then explain this to me djooba:

If you didn't read my backstory...i'd HOPE you could EASILY tell i DO NOT want to work at GS ever again...and im not sure if by "never get a job" you meant ANYWHERE...or just at GS...cuz if you meant ANYWHERE..for the 3rd time i tell you the separation notice i received only says "TEMPORARY JOB ENDED" that's it! nothing else![/quote]

LOL, #1 you better read the contract you signed when you aplied for and received your Edge card. No doubt there's a clause in the fine print about "Gamestop reserves the right to cancel any Edge membership at any time without prior notice and at its own discretion, yadda yadda yadda." It's not theft - you agree to the contract when you sign up for the Edge service/membership. Sorry junior, but seriously, don't waste your time arguing to the contrary...you're just pissing in the wind.

They will tell you to pound sand. What are you going to do - retain legal representation over $10.00 or so that has been "stolen"? Take them to small claims? Call the police and tell them Gamestop "robbed" you of your membership card privileges, which they have the right to terminate AT WILL, i.e. whenever they feel like? Good luck.

For the rest of your "worries", I've already told you, you have nothing to worry about. Seriously, you've made a mountain out of a molehill with your little tragedy, your little dog and pony show circus already. You wanted advice on the matter, you've had a shitload of people chime in on the subject, some simply talking out of their asses, but quite a few with valid advice. Don't lose any sleep over the matter. Life goes on, despite the machinations of some pathetic little Gamestop DM with a Napoleanic complex and the drama of minimum wage retail at some insignificant Gamestop district in Podunk, Georgia.

FYI the whole point of membership cards at places like gamestop, winn dixie, etc is customer tracking. It's entirely legal for them to use your cards to track your purchases and spending patterns.

See of any Play N Trades have opened in your area. Generally, they're individually owned, and the employees aren't total DBs.

At least I hope I'm not!

i like how you can spend YOUR cash credit or check there and buy things with your own money to put in their pockets but you cant try to get one up on them like they do the 90% of people who dont know theyre getting ripped off. i only shop at gs anymore for rare rpgs or if i dont feel like renting something buying it used and taking it back within 7 days lol. seriously f*%& that store.

[quote name='Venomus']the problem here is when gamestop has trade in offers like this it usually (clearly) states no vendors or resellers. you, by trading in multiple copies of various games fall into that catagory, you are not contributing to the company's financial output but rather making a profit, a profit that should be taxed, hence the law gets involved. so dont be surprised if you get audited. or even charged with conspiracy to comit fraud(tax fraud likely)

no spell check, i know, i suck[/quote]

What exactly would he get audited or charged with tax fraud for? Remember that story about the guy turning a paper clip into a house just by trading up for things? Did he have to pay taxes on every single thing he traded up for? The only thing you can get taxed on is if you are buying those games, turning the credit into games and selling the games for cash at a higher level than your initial investment. Which would then qualify as income, obviously minus the original purchase price.

Am I mistaken on this? I didn't read all 6 pages, so is that what he is doing?

[quote name='schuerm26']What exactly would he get audited or charged with tax fraud for? Remember that story about the guy turning a paper clip into a house just by trading up for things? Did he have to pay taxes on every single thing he traded up for? The only thing you can get taxed on is if you are buying those games, turning the credit into games and selling the games for cash at a higher level than your initial investment. Which would then qualify as income, obviously minus the original purchase price.

Am I mistaken on this? I didn't read all 6 pages, so is that what he is doing?[/quote]

Actually, as far as bartering is concerned (as in the case with the dude who traded a paperclip all the way up to some dumpy shithole house), profit made from bartering is most definitely considered taxable by the IRS, as well as most state and local governments. However tax enforcement on such transactions is very rarely pursued, as the vast majority of these transactions fly well below the radar and are too trivial for the various government entities to pursue.

In the very public (and significant profit) case of the paperclip guy, however, the IRS could certainly make an exception (and example) of him by pursuing taxes from the estimated profits of his various transactions.

See the following from the IRS website:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=117613,00.html

[quote name='animemaniac14']Ok... to all the people posting stuff about how i should just forget about shopping at GS...understand i actually ENJOY shopping at GS as i find many good deals on games...and this DM is an ass...[/quote]

Is the DM the same one as around here? Cause the one around here is a total dick at times.

from my understanding...this DM is hated by about every employee i talk to...they all warned me about him when i worked there...and i still here them condemning him to the deepest regions of hades

[quote name='animemaniac14']from my understanding...this DM is hated by about every employee i talk to...they all warned me about him when i worked there...and i still here them condemning him to the deepest regions of hades[/quote]

That sounds like the DM here actually. Everybody at the stores around here hated their DM and would give me pennied stuff JUST to spite him.

[quote name='Kane666']i like how you can spend YOUR cash credit or check there and buy things with your own money to put in their pockets but you cant try to get one up on them like they do the 90% of people who dont know theyre getting ripped off. i only shop at gs anymore for rare rpgs or if i dont feel like renting something buying it used and taking it back within 7 days lol. seriously f*%& that store.[/QUOTE]

Kinda like how casinos have no clocks, feed you free booze, and generally try to keep you there b/c the odds are in their favor - but if you try to "pull one over on them" (count cards), you get pulled into the back room and get the shit beaten out of them?

Sorry dude, they're in business, they can decline a trade from you, or decline to EVER take a trade from you. You're trying to make a profit off them, and it probably means stuffing used game warehouses with shit no one will buy - I could see why they wouldn't like that.

[quote name='pfp']
Sorry dude, they're in business, they can decline a trade from you, or decline to EVER take a trade from you. You're trying to make a profit off them, and it probably means stuffing used game warehouses with shit no one will buy - I could see why they wouldn't like that.[/quote]

Has anyone in this thread denied this? Of course they can deny trades. They can NOT threaten legal action for trading multiple games though. They better have damn good proof that they are stolen before they go down that road.

In addition to like i've mentioned before now their whole disclaimer of no retailers/vendors etc applies to PURCHASES you make from gamestop, not trade-in's. They have no disclaimers saying retailers or vendors can't sell them games.

[quote name='Brian9824']In addition to like i've mentioned before now their whole disclaimer of no retailers/vendors etc applies to PURCHASES you make from gamestop, not trade-in's. They have no disclaimers saying retailers or vendors can't sell them games.[/quote]

The posted policy at all stores states that they reserve the right to refuse any trade. It's on the return policy sign. That's all the disclaimer they need.

[quote name='Ziv']The posted policy at all stores states that they reserve the right to refuse any trade. It's on the return policy sign. That's all the disclaimer they need.[/quote]

Has this gotten off track or something? Is anyone complaining about the person not being able to trade games in? Yes they have the right to deny trade. Read what has happened. It isn't just Gamestop denying trades.

[quote name='schuerm26']Has this gotten off track or something? Is anyone complaining about the person not being able to trade games in? Yes they have the right to deny trade. Read what has happened. It isn't just Gamestop denying trades.[/quote]

He hasn't broken the law. He doesn't have to worry about any of that. The DM has every right to ban him from his store and call the other DMs and have them do the same. He's not gonna lose his credit. He needs to spend it and move on to another retailer. I've read the thread. OP seems to over doing it a bit.

[quote name='karkyco']Actually, as far as bartering is concerned (as in the case with the dude who traded a paperclip all the way up to some dumpy shithole house), profit made from bartering is most definitely considered taxable by the IRS, as well as most state and local governments. However tax enforcement on such transactions is very rarely pursued, as the vast majority of these transactions fly well below the radar and are too trivial for the various government entities to pursue.

In the very public (and significant profit) case of the paperclip guy, however, the IRS could certainly make an exception (and example) of him by pursuing taxes from the estimated profits of his various transactions.

See the following from the IRS website:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=117613,00.html[/quote]

Agreed. The IRS is not gonna waste their time with people making less than 10k a year. They have bigger fish to fry. So let's not scare the guy even more by talking about ludicrous things like tax fraud. Not to mention that a dependent doesn't even have to file a tax return unless he makes over $5450.

bread's done
Back