Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned (Pro members only, NOT THE RENEWAL COUPON!) 8/30-9-2

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

Sorry if this was mentioned/asked already, but I saw signs about the B2G1 in store on Friday as if there was no coupon needed. Is this a separate sale entirely that also expires today?

sadly, there is a good chance that person, or people read it/ got the idea from this forum. we are slowing turning into sd sub-forum for video games.
They should crack down on the flipping talk. I personally don't care if you do it or not, but I really don't want to read about it in EVERY sales thread, and they all eventually just completely turn into flipping conversations.

If it's really not what this site is supposed to be about, then it's time to put a cap on it, or at least just create a single thread for discussion on it to keep it in 1 place (don't know if that exists already).

They should crack down on the flipping talk. I personally don't care if you do it or not, but I really don't want to read about it in EVERY sales thread, and they all eventually just completely turn into flipping conversations.

If it's really not what this site is supposed to be about, then it's time to put a cap on it, or at least just create a single thread for discussion on it to keep it in 1 place (don't know if that exists already).
Then don't read the posts about it. There is a group to discuss flipping but the groups are going away soon. I agree that there should be a dedicated thread in the bragging rights section but I don't know if the mods will allow it

Got two Xenoblade Chronicles copies and a Metroid Prime Trilogy copy for $153 ish after tax. Getting these games for a decent price was looking grim until now, will probably sell my extra Xenoblade copy. And yeah, they're in perfect condition. For some reason I had the impression I would get a steel book for Metroid but that wasn't the case.

Got two Xenoblade Chronicles copies and a Metroid Prime Trilogy copy for $153 ish after tax. Getting these games for a decent price was looking grim until now, will probably sell my extra Xenoblade copy. And yeah, they're in perfect condition. For some reason I had the impression I would get a steel book for Metroid but that wasn't the case.
I think the Metroid Prime reprints are standard case only, so that should keep the market for the Steelbook edition higher.

Was it a traded in copy or one of the held back/reprint copies with complete code and manual? Since after looking around on NeoGaf and other sites everyone is saying just the normal plastic case. Kind of a bummer but after I sell my extra Xenoblade I'll be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this dead in store? I just bought 3 games and got charged for all 3...wondering if the clerk just rang it up wrong.
There's a barcode/EBC code the employee has to scan/enter for the B2G1 promo. Today's the last day it's active, so I'd go back to that GS to get your money back for the third game.

There's a barcode/EBC code the employee has to scan/enter for the B2G1 promo. Today's the last day it's active, so I'd go back to that GS to get your money back for the third game.
Does the bday coupon override it? I used that, wonder if it messed the clerk up. Didn't see anything saying they wouldn't stack...

EDIT: I just called and they said it ended yesterday....ugh

Does the bday coupon override it? I used that, wonder if it messed the clerk up. Didn't see anything saying they wouldn't stack...

I don't think that's true. If you check PUR or gamestop.com, they still advertise the B2G1 from 8/30-9/2

Then they're incompetent, liars or both. Look at the front page of gamestop.com.

No, they stack. You might have gotten a difficult employee. Make sure not to give the b-day coupon until after the B2G1 is applied to ensure it stacks, and don't buy three games at the same price or you'll waste the coupon.

No, they stack. You might have gotten a difficult employee. Make sure not to give the b-day coupon until after the B2G1 is applied to ensure it stacks, and don't buy three games at the same price or you'll waste the coupon.

I bought a $49 preowned game and 2 $31 preowned games, gave the coupon at the end. Looks like I'll be returning to GS tonight to get this squared away since it advertises it still on the website through today.

I bought a $49 preowned game and 2 $31 preowned games, gave the coupon at the end. Looks like I'll be returning to GS tonight to get this squared away since it advertises it still on the website through today.
Also be insistent because if they just do a return rebuy they'll have to do an override on the $49 game for the Bday coupon. Had this happen with a different promo where I went to another store to exchange for the correct game and they were like and you owe $XX.XX.

I did the same thing back when they both came back in stock! Except I got lucky enough to get a steelbook in mint condition, so I suppose I'm okay with paying the extra before their price drops.

Bought Xenoblade Chronicles, Mario Party 9, and Ocarina of Time 3DS.

Meh, my girlfriend was already going to buy Mario Party, so I took the dip and bought Xenoblade only because of this deal.

thanks to your post, I now know why the bday coupon wasn't stacking with the b2g1 promo. I hadn't use a birthday coupon before and I just signed up for PUR PRO a couple of weeks ago. The promo made the discounted game free since it was the cheapest...big DUH! for me lol

So... if I upgrade to PRO today, can I still get the deal? Or did I have to be a member beforehand to get the promo?

The case. Lol pun intended?

The case. Lol pun intended?
Maybe...

I did a return and rebuy to use the birthday coupon. The lady took it off Xenoblade manually after noting that it would make it the free game, so I got a cool $15 back. $138 for 2 Xenos and Metroid despite not getting a steel book is still really good.

Well did one last pass on the sale.  Swapped FF13-2 for 3D Dot Game Heroes since it was the most expensive game in that trio.  Then grabbed Uncharted, Uncharted 2 and... FF13.  Bet you thought I was going to say Uncharted 3 didn't you?

This sale was great if you were able to find any of the 2/$9.99 games at one store and a game that you wanted. Closest store had FUSE and FIFA13 for PS3 and Naruto UNS3 for 360. Went to a different store and bought Kitchen after the trade-in. Cheap way to get the game I wanted for around $10 trade credit.

Tried to score $10, they had one saints and wouldnt let me do it with two copies of last of us. Even though ive traded doubles multiple times at this gamestop.

Well did one last pass on the sale. Swapped FF13-2 for 3D Dot Game Heroes since it was the most expensive game in that trio. Then grabbed Uncharted, Uncharted 2 and... FF13. Bet you thought I was going to say Uncharted 3 didn't you?
Well, uh...no, since I can see your entire post at once and don't position my face less than an inch from my screen while reading responses one word at a time...

:whistle2:

I couldn't resist and ended up going in on the sale. This is what I got.

PS3 Tomb Raider $25.19
PS3 Deadly Premonition: Directors Cut $25.19 (normally $35 but I used te b-day coupon)
3DS Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate $0.00

I feel pretty good for getting these at about $17.xx a piece.

Got Metro Last Light, Dynasty Warriors 7, and Tekken 6 / Soul Calibur IV. Used the B-Day coupon on Metro and got everything for $45. Traded in Metro and DW7 for $42 at Best Buy. Got me a game for $3 plus tax!

Went to do the same thing again with Halo Reach but some lady said the coupons didn't stack even though they clearly did as she told me the total and asked me to pay. I'm glad to know that a shipment of mine from Gamestop.com is lost and I was given the extreme runaround about getting my PUR discount on a preowned game but this salty bitch is right on top of thinking I got three games for too cheap.

Picked up Game and Wario, Tomb Raider, and Ni No Kuni :) I'm going back tomorrow for Project Diva, Skyrim, and Last of Us
Bit of a kink in my plans. I didn't so a site-to-store hold on Last of Us...I know I should have...and it was gone when I got there. I still got Project Diva and Skyrim. For my third game I went with Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2. All three games are complete, I'm quite happy with the six games I got from this sale (Project Diva and Game and Wario in particular, as I really don't see those dropping anytime soon).

I'll probably wait for $19.99 for Last of Us now, unless there is another B2G1 soon. This was GS's first all year, which is disheartening because this is always a great sale.

On a somewhat side note, if you have ANY interest in rhythm games...BUY PROJECT DIVA. That game is terrific.

bread's done
Back