Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned (Pro members only, NOT THE RENEWAL COUPON!) 8/30-9-2

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

you guys are getting tomb raider/metrio last light and dead island riptide and trading to BB?
Well Riptide's less viable but with Bday coupon and PUR it's like $50 out of pocket if you can find another game $28 or less and TR and LL are trading for that much combined as long as the 100% is continued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold up, guys--when browsing the :360: and :ps3: BBY TIVs in descending order (using the Categories tab on the left side), I noticed Tomb Raider with a $9 base. Metro: Last Light has the $13 base no matter how I search for it, so it should be fine.

Can you please move that to the Best Buy thread? It feels like there are more posts here about it than there.

What are some good handheld games from the last generation of consoles?

NUKED!!

Looks like Best Buy is still running 100% according to their website, but they just destroyed the TIV on several of the solid $55 flips.

They usually don't catch on this fast.

NCAA $15

Last of Us $15

Dynasty Warriors 8 $15

Tales of Xillia $15

Lost Planet 3 $15

Injustice $13
Serious nukage. I'm happy I traded splinter cell, last of us, and saints row 4 on Friday. We all knew those $44 prices wouldn't last long.

Well Riptide's less viable but with Bday coupon and PUR it's like $50 out of pocket if you can find another game $28 or less and TR and LL are trading for that much combined as long as the 100% is continued.
For me, Tomb raider 360 is showing up as a 9 base while ps3 is showing up as 12. Too bad I didn't know about these the other day while I was out and about. It doesn't quite seem worth it now. Maybe if you get 2 PS3 Tomb Raiders. Not bad if you want to move your credit to Best Buy for something like the Walking Dead season 3 bluray.

Can you please move that to the Best Buy thread? It feels like there are more posts here about it than there.

You're right, I seriously thought I was reading the BB trade thread.

I've been going with anything Pokemon or Mario for the DS. It just sucks that GS never has any DS cases. Even at the store I was at friday, the employees were trying to decide which pokemon games they were buying for the B2G1.

If anyone knows any other good DS games that are reasonably priced at GS I'd be happy to hear your opinion. I'm regretting trading in my Pokemon Soulsilver months ago because now GS is charging $49.99 preowned. They gave me like $19 I think.

I saw a SoulSilver but I don't know what else to get with it. I found a DQM and a Professor Layton game today. I think two of the final fantasy DS are priced near each other.

If anyone needs to move credit from Best Buy to Gamestop. You could pick up NBA 2k13 and Army of TDC for $54 (before taxes and with 10%) right now with B2G1. If you get six for $108 you can move to Gamestop by doing 3 Trade2for$9.99 and get $150

B2G1 IS LIVE RIGHT NOW
ALSO You must get one of each system per transactions, you can't do two of the same system online
Also I would do this ASAP because I don't know how long those games will stay on trade 2 list

Still debating on whether or not to get some other games. There are some games I want to get but they're so expensive at GS.

Also has anybody noticed that trying to exchange games during B2G1 is extremely easy but any other time it's like they can't figure out the POS for shit? I'm dreading having to exchange Arkham City when it comes in because they're gonna say it was discounted and that I need to pay the difference for an equally priced game.

I'm trying to pick up Dragon Crown (ps3), and exploit this promo. I'm sitting on about $40 in credit and have 3 playcation coupons. I have a few games like TLOU, NSMBU, ACNL & Injustice that's actually worth a decent amount @ gs but I want to keep these titles. Since I'm a collector & haven't been them. I was thinking of trading some of them in, and rebuying them with the promo. What's the best way to tackle this?

Does this really work? When I went to trade in Madden, a game I bought with this promo, I did not give him the receipt but he said I'm going to process the refund for this first and then do your trade-in's. I said no, I want to trade it in as well.
Yes it works fine..... The system doesn't allow them to charge you for that free game.

I'll probably do this again today..... They can't deny you a refund and they can't charge you for the free game if you're not wanting to return it..... This is a good way to stick it to the man

Yes it works fine..... The system doesn't allow them to charge you for that free game.

I'll probably do this again today..... They can't deny you a refund and they can't charge you for the free game if you're not wanting to return it..... This is a good way to stick it to the man

Yes, stealing is always a good way to 'stick it to the man'.

So like DS games? I'm tempted to pick up Radiant Historia as much as I despise cartridge only games. It's really hard though because a lot of the best DS games that weren't published by Nintendo are on the rare side.

You're right, I seriously thought I was reading the BB trade thread.

I've been going with anything Pokemon or Mario for the DS. It just sucks that GS never has any DS cases. Even at the store I was at friday, the employees were trying to decide which pokemon games they were buying for the B2G1.

If anyone knows any other good DS games that are reasonably priced at GS I'd be happy to hear your opinion. I'm regretting trading in my Pokemon Soulsilver months ago because now GS is charging $49.99 preowned. They gave me like $19 I think.
I've been doing the same with the Pokemon games, I now have every pokemon game made for the DS, it's just too bad that none of the ones that I bought from Gamestop have cases, only my HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black 2, and White 2 games have cases, but I bought those from Amazon and Best Buy respectively. By the way, why did HG and SS go so far up in value?

Serious nukage. I'm happy I traded splinter cell, last of us, and saints row 4 on Friday. We all knew those $44 prices wouldn't last long.

For me, Tomb raider 360 is showing up as a 9 base while ps3 is showing up as 12. Too bad I didn't know about these the other day while I was out and about. It doesn't quite seem worth it now. Maybe if you get 2 PS3 Tomb Raiders. Not bad if you want to move your credit to Best Buy for something like the Walking Dead season 3 bluray.
bestbuy does watch the volume of games traded in, adjust the tiv accordingly.

That's not taking advantage of a promo, that's just straight up theft. Any smart employee (keyword) will ask for the third free game back to do the return.

So like DS games? I'm tempted to pick up Radiant Historia as much as I despise cartridge only games. It's really hard though because a lot of the best DS games that weren't published by Nintendo are on the rare side.
Radiant Historia pre-owned at GS is higher than MSRP and MSRP is available at the time. I want to get Soul Hackers with the outer case but I don't know what else will match it.

Radiant Historia pre-owned at GS is higher than MSRP and MSRP is available at the time. I want to get Soul Hackers with the outer case but I don't know what else will match it.
Well yeah but if you're using the Bday coupon, PUR and the B2G1 with two other $25-30 games it works out to about $20. Still loathe to save that $10 for cart only though.

I wouldn't feel right doing it though.

Guess that explains why the employee at other GS offered me a refund w/o my receipt

You must have some really stupid employees at your GS then.

So...you basically buy three and return the two non-free ones?

I don't judge you but I am surprised that GS does not have counter-measures against this technique, they are usually on top of things.

So...you basically buy three and return the two non-free ones?
I don't judge you but I am surprised that GS does not have counter-measures against this technique, they are usually on top of things.
Just got back from doing it again.... Got madden 25, saints row iv, and dragons crown..... Returned madden and saints row.

Free dragons crown, since that's the cheaper game ( and the one I actually wanted)

Yes, all 3 games show on the receipt, but the free one is listed as zero.... Just bring the two games with prices listed on the receipt back for a refund.... Pretty simple actually

He either has a really stupid employe or he's just lying.
Like I care if you believe me or not, I'm just posting so others can benefit as well from this loophole.

Or should I go back and beg the employee to charge me for the free game

sorry but I really need an answer to my question. When I have two games in the cart my 10% off discount shows up, but when I have three the third one is free but I get no 10% discount on the other two. Does the b2g1 prevent the 10% discount or is the website messed up?

Just got back from doing it again.... Got madden 25, saints row iv, and dragons crown..... Returned madden and saints row.

Free dragons crown, since that's the cheaper game ( and the one I actually wanted)
Hmmm, even if it does work, I'm not risking all my credit or my account for this...

Like I care if you believe me or not, I'm just posting so others can benefit as well from this loophole.
Or should I go back and beg the employee to charge me for the free game
We all know you're proud of (if true) stealing from gamestop.

Just stop posting about it and everyone will move on.

sorry but I really need an answer to my question. When I have two games in the cart my 10% off discount shows up, but when I have three the third one is free but I get no 10% discount on the other two. Does the b2g1 prevent the 10% discount or is the website messed up?
GS's website is glitchy with stacking coupons/discounts. It should work but if it doesn't, you're options are to either wait until it works or call them (though I'm not sure if they're open today).

Hmmm, even if it does work, I'm not risking all my credit or my account for this...
I'm surprised they don't have a safe guard against it. In the past, they would pro-rate the games during any B2G1F or B2G2F.

He's just taking advantage of a bad gamestop employee. If that method worked across all stores, CAG and slickdeals would be flooded with posts about getting a free game.

He's just taking advantage of a bad gamestop employee. If that method worked across all stores, CAG and slickdeals would be flooded with posts about getting a free game.

This. Lol. This site is full of hypocrites. If they can't do it then they gang up on the one person that could and tell him he is going to hell...then proceed to say that GameStop is great. If they can do it also then a new thread is created and all the followers are kissing up to everyone asking "wow how did you guys do it? That's awesome?!?" Don't worry GameStop is only good when the minority take advantage of them otherwise they are garbage and deserve what happens.

I don't think he's lying. Whether it's an ethical move is questionable. I don't like it. But their system does work like that. He wouldn't sit here and brag for the attention.

Man I want to use the b2g1 promo + bday coupon to combine for the 2 for $9.99 promo.

Any suggestions on what to buy from that list for it to work?

The computer itself doesn't distinguish (yet) if the games were bought during a B2G1, hence why it's exploitable. One time I bought 3 Wii games during a B2G1, but one of the games is the wrong one. She simply did a simple return on the game so I essentially got a B1G1 because it was Gamestop's mistake and all. There were also times where I did a simple return of one of the paid games of a B2G1 to get a different game of similar value in the same transaction. It's way quicker than returning all three and rebuying a different set of three. I used to do the return all three thing but since I do it so often, the employees just did my return/exchanges the faster way.

Any seasoned employee should not just let a customer return two paid games and let them keep the free one without getting two more games to "fill the empty spots".

I'm a pro member, but didn't get an email about this. Tried adding 3 preowned games to my cart and it doesn't make one free, even with my Powerup Rewards card active. Is there a promo code that's supposed to be entered in as well?

bread's done
Back