Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned (Pro members only, NOT THE RENEWAL COUPON!) 8/30-9-2

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

I might hit up another GameStop tomorrow after calling about my job application. I had some issues with that so flipping would have made me feel better, but now I'm too exhausted to do much. Thanks for the suggestion. I only have one Playcation coupon remaining at the moment. I wasted my other one on two games with low value.

I already took them to BBY.

I do but I thought that the local BBY really needed a copy so that when some poor kid with store credit came in looking for it they could enjoy it.

If you don't have someone else with an ID they might approve of then your next best bet is a playcation coupon back to GS. Won't make more than a couple dollars on them but won't lose any more at least. If TLoU has a good online pass you might get a few dollars from selling that on it's own. eBay might get you a little more but you'll probably end up with about $5 in fees and about the same as just trading it back or returning it.

If only I had the cash money to participate in these Blockbuster sales.

Dang if you guys got a good online pass for TLOU you should hook me up with one! I would really appreciate it.
NO.

Okay... Try my code. Get to the PS3. Now!

I find 15 minutes very hard to believe even if the 2 GS are in a mall and BB in the same area. The fastest tradein at BB I recall was less than 2-3 minutes with a CSR (one game though). The person you got at BB must have known how to do tradeins AND didn't give a shit that you were trading in multiple copies of recent games with high values. Most of the time it takes a while to checkout at GS as there are dumbass workers, or worse dumbass customers in line. Also did you get the 3 Maddens at one of those GSs?
Im serious, the two GS stores took a max 7 minutes and I happen to get lucky with no line at Best Buy CS plus I got the girl that always does my trade ins(she actually knows how to put GCU without me asking :D). I did find those 3 Maddens in store...I WAS SHOCKED

BTW this was around 10am right at opening

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to visit 5 stores today, picked up Madden X3, Last of Us X2, Splinter Cell X3, Saints row X4, Lost Planet 3 X2, Tales of Xilla X2, Metal Gear Legacy X1, 1NCAA 14 X2 and Pikmin X2.  Also visited a bestbuy near one of them out of a whim and they had alot of the trade 2 games for wii/ds/3ds. Havent calculated it yet but for three hours of time, did really well.  The longest was the final trade in at best buy of 21 games, took the girl forever.

not really BB is having B2G1 this upcoming week so its all going back + more. It's a good deal but that would involve spending money out of my pocket, GS to BB or BB to GS is all credit nothing spent
Same boat, I havent paid out of pocket or full price for a game in a very long time.

I decided to visit 5 stores today, picked up Madden X3, Last of Us X2, Splinter Cell X3, Saints row X4, Lost Planet 3 X2, Tales of Xilla X2, Metal Gear Legacy X1, 1NCAA 14 X2 and Pikmin X2. Also visited a bestbuy near one of them out of a whim and they had alot of the trade 2 games for wii/ds/3ds. Havent calculated it yet but for three hours of time, did really well. The longest was the final trade in at best buy of 21 games, took the girl forever.
She was pretty mad I bet?

You flipping guys are hardcore, I would rather stay in the room and play some games with the wife.

Anyways, I renewed my PRO membership today to get this deal, I assume I will get another B2G1 coupon in the future? Is that one transferable?

Since this was a code the employees had to scan anyone who renewed their discount to get this deal will have a B2G1 coupon waiting in active offers with the standard 2-3 month later expiration date.

I decided to visit 5 stores today, picked up Madden X3, Last of Us X2, Splinter Cell X3, Saints row X4, Lost Planet 3 X2, Tales of Xilla X2, Metal Gear Legacy X1, 1NCAA 14 X2 and Pikmin X2. Also visited a bestbuy near one of them out of a whim and they had alot of the trade 2 games for wii/ds/3ds. Havent calculated it yet but for three hours of time, did really well. The longest was the final trade in at best buy of 21 games, took the girl forever.
Wow, must live by some stores that don't have to do trade holds for pawn laws.

You flipping guys are hardcore, I would rather stay in the room and play some games with the wife.

Anyways, I renewed my PRO membership today to get this deal, I assume I will get another B2G1 coupon in the future? Is that one transferable?
I don't have a wife to play with so I flip games to get empty cases which I will then use to build a wife out of.

Are people so cash-strapped that they have to waste time buying games only to trade them in?

Better than a life of crime.

I like how people like to mock us for flipping yet I work full time so its not like this is my lively hood, lol. This just allows me to make my money go further for my hobby.

But I guess being able to buy a Wii U for $150 out of pocket and a PS4 for $200 makes me a loser.

I like how people like to mock us for flipping yet I work full time so its not like this is my lively hood, lol. This just allows me to make my money go further for my hobby.

But I guess being able to buy a Wii U for $150 out of pocket and a PS4 for $200 makes me a loser.
Yea it makes you a loser because you paid! Cmon a PS4 for $200? Make that $0! :nottalking:

Your concern for what others think shows you are a little worried about your actions. Most people have better things to do than stop at 50 best buys and 40 gamestops to save $150. What people always leave out is the amount of gas and time. Of course their comment is always "they are on the way". Lol. Don't be a hypocrite. You obviously want the attention that your actions give you but you flip out when you get said attention.

$100 PS4 just going back two steps. I was a little shocked when I realized I'm about $50 short of paying off a Xone as well.

Yea it makes you a loser because you paid! Cmon a PS4 for $200? Make that $0! :nottalking:
Look, I'm not 400LBS so I can't fit a PS4 into my pants. I'm also not rigging up a sling to go under my dress. The sling thing also didn't work out so well for the woman trying to steal TVs.

Your concern for others think shows you are a little worried about your actions. Most people have better things to do than stop at 50 best buys and 40 gamestops to save $150. What people always leave out is the amount of gas and time. Of course their comment is always "they are on the way". Lol. Don't be a hypocrite. You obviously want the attention that your actions give you but you flip out when you get said attention.

Well it's about the same as me saying "Wow, it's ridiculous that you work a minimum wage job that makes you hate yourself so much you can barely look yourself in the mirror in the morning. So sad that you work at Best Buy/Target/Starbucks/XXX." Is that going to make you feel good?

I guess Etrian Odyssey 4 is hard to find now? I had the perfect 3 picked out, went over on my lunch break, and no Etrian Odyssey.

Only 1 store within a half hour has it, new or used, but nothing else I want to pair with it. I ended up doing the $30 download from the 3DS shop for it though.

Anyways, I did end up getting Soul Hackers, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Deadly Premonition Director's Cut. Not bad, but would have been better had Etrian Odyssey been there instead of Deadly Premonition. I hope it doesn't suck.

The girl had some trouble getting the promo to work, so she did one of the random discounts for $32, but it ended up costing me about an extra $2 because she didn't ring it up right. I won't bitch about it, because she is very easy on the eyes, and if I wasn't married, I would probably be at her house tonight. It's just a pain in the ass that the store manager there sucks and didn't show her a thing about the new promo...just like every time.

I only speak for me but I have 3 gamestops, a Bestbuy, Target, Walmart, mall, and any other common store you can think of within 5 miles of where I live. So gas....not an issue. I can walk if I needed to. I dont flip hardcore but for those who visit 5 stores a day then yea that does end up being hours.

if it's not too much of a hassle and can save you a good amount of $ on games, why not? that's why I do it.

Not mocking you friend, different hobbies is all. I work full time too, I am so tired by the end of each week day that I just want to go home and lay on the couch. If i do this on weekends then i would not have time to actually play games... Really admire the energy that you guys have, I wish I could too so that my PS4 would be cheaper. In fact I'm so lazy I would pay to avoid spending time in LA traffic and spending that $4 gas. Wait a minute....I do....it's called the "pay to drive without traffic express lane".

I guess Etrian Odyssey 4 is hard to find now? I had the perfect 3 picked out, went over on my lunch break, and no Etrian Odyssey.

Only 1 store within a half hour has it, new or used, but nothing else I want to pair with it. I ended up doing the $30 download from the 3DS shop for it though.
Those games always get hard to find after the initial launch print runs out, they're fairly niche after all. EO4 also has had garbage for trade value even when it was new so less incentive to trade it there.

Not mocking you friend, different hobbies is all. I work full time too, I am so tired by the end of each week day that I just want to go home and lay on the couch. If i do this on weekends then i would not have time to actually play games... Really admire the energy that you guys have, I wish I could too so that my PS4 would be cheaper. In fact I'm so lazy I would pay to avoid spending time in LA traffic and spending that $4 gas. Wait a minute....I do....it's called the "pay to drive without traffic express lane".
Well I don't think we were taking offense to what you said, I wasn't anyway. I don't blame you though, I wouldn't do this in LA traffic since the seven mile trip to hit four GS (and a fifth that I really try not to go to), a BBY, two Targets would take all day.

Dang both systems? But you dont play games...what are you doing?

I stare at my massive pile of games trying to decide what to play all night! Then I give up and get on here.

I don't have a wife to play with so I flip games to get empty cases which I will then use to build a wife out of.
:rofl:

The two main reasons I'm not jumping in on this flip-a-palooza are that I don't have enough GS credit to justify the $20-or-so profit to BBY (about 75% of it became significantly more in Amazon credit thanks to trade-ins) and I won't be able to stop at a BBY before the 100% promo ends. So you guys have fun--I enjoy reading all about your "adventures". :lol:

:rofl:

The two main reasons I'm not jumping in on this flip-a-palooza are that I don't have enough GS credit to justify the $20-or-so profit to BBY (about 75% of it became significantly more in Amazon credit thanks to trade-ins) and I won't be able to stop at a BBY before the 100% promo ends. So you guys have fun--I enjoy reading all about your "adventures". :lol:
Maybe he could take "his wife" to your "fort" of UFCs. Then you guys can hang out and whip out the backlog discussion wars. Whos is bigger? And in the end...not play a single game for the night. I kid, I kid. :booty:

Seriously, in Deptford, NJ, there are 2 Gamestops in the Mall, one across the street, one in the other mall not even a mile awhile and a Target and Best Buy right next to the mall as well. Also a Sears in the mall. And a Toys R Us across the street from the mall as well! I go there on my day off after I drop my girlfriend off as she works 10 minutes away from there.

Trust me, I don't do much traveling, lol.

I really don't even flip as hard as some of you guys do. Lately i've just been buying cheap games form GameStop to trade to Amazon. I really need to rebuild my GS credit, lol.

The best was when they were giving $40 for Zelda and Fire Emblem 3ds while buying it for 27. I made a lot just going to those 4 gamestops and keep buying and trading to the other ones, lol.

Maybe he could take "his wife" to your "fort" of UFCs. Then you guys can hang out and whip out the backlog discussion wars. Whos is bigger? And in the end...not play a single game for the night. I kid, I kid. :booty:
Hey, I just got the Platinum trophy for Jak & Daxter, so at least I'm playing games! :lol: :razz:

I did just mention I'm building a wife right? It should haunt your dreams.

I keep telling him I'm playing PJMonsters and Muramasa but he selectively chooses to ignore that. :whee:
Do you play them on your VITA while you wait for them to process your trades or what? :lol:

Lol hows Jak and Daxter? I have it for both PS3 and VITA. Plan on playing it soon. Those platinums seem time consuming.
I played the original trilogy back in the day on :ps2: (freakin' LOVED them), and the first one has aged really well despite its very short length (I can only assume the other two are similar). The original Jak & Daxter has a really, really easy Platinum--I got it in probably 5-6 hours, though it might have helped that I was already familiar with the game. From what I've seen of the sequels' trophy lists, however, those will very likely take longer since the games became much larger (and IMO better) in scale.

Do yourself a favor, though, and get rid of the Vita version somehow, as I've heard only bad things about it including slowdown to 15fps and input lag when pressing buttons. The added portability is not worth the trouble in this case.

Are people so cash-strapped that they have to waste time buying games only to trade them in?
Well for one im not cash-strapped, if I can get more money for less im going to do it. If I can flip $1 dollar for $5 I will do it. I do actually play my games, I don't just hoard games to look at or trade-in. If you want to pay $400 or $500 for a next gen system with money out of your pocket so be it. I'll be over here playing my systems that I probably didn't even spend a $1 on. :D Have fun

Finally caught up on this thread. One thing I didn't see mentioned and i'm not familiar with is the bby trade in program. Is there a limit to how many of the same game you can trade in? Based on post there didn't appear to be.

I have some extra GS credit that I would like to move over to bby to pay off my xbox one, so any advice is appreciated.

I played the original trilogy back in the day on :ps2: (freakin' LOVED them), and the first one has aged really well despite its very short length (I can only assume the other two are similar). The original Jak & Daxter has a really, really easy Platinum--I got it in probably 5-6 hours, though it might have helped that I was already familiar with the game. From what I've seen of the sequels' trophy lists, however, those will very likely take longer since the games became much larger (and IMO better) in scale.

Do yourself a favor, though, and get rid of the Vita version somehow, as I've heard only bad things about it including slowdown to 15fps and input lag when pressing buttons. The added portability is not worth the trouble in this case.
But I got it for $13 and love the VITA, Im still giving it a shot. Will let you know how the turnout was. :cry:

I loved all three back in the day as well. Thats why Im excited to return back to it.

Finally caught up on this thread. One thing I didn't see mentioned and i'm not familiar with is the bby trade in program. Is there a limit to how many of the same game you can trade in? Based on post there didn't appear to be.

I have some extra GS credit that I would like to move over to bby to pay off my xbox one, so any advice is appreciated.
I think its 2 or 3 a year.

Wow, must live by some stores that don't have to do trade holds for pawn laws.

Better than a life of crime.
Yeah no 10-15 day pawn laws here. Some of the remarks here are funny, on a website looking for cheap deals looking down on people for taking time out to make their hobbies cheap or make money for whatever. Personally I work from home, I work for apple customer service, I work three days a week. I use flipping to make my gaming and comic habbits super cheap as well as provide other things for our home. Anyway, cleared right at $400 today. I'll go back out on sunday and see what I can find.

Three per year of one title for one system. You might also not want to do them all at once unless you're daring because people do get banned and employees do get difficult. If you have someone else that's willing to help you though they can also trade in as long as they have their own ID.

Your concern for what others think shows you are a little worried about your actions. Most people have better things to do than stop at 50 best buys and 40 gamestops to save $150. What people always leave out is the amount of gas and time. Of course their comment is always "they are on the way". Lol. Don't be a hypocrite. You obviously want the attention that your actions give you but you flip out when you get said attention.
Feh. People do what they do. Don't be a hater. I flip because it's fun to beat the retailers at their own game and because it can be a nifty hunt/race against others in my area who are doing the same thing. It's more a sport/hobby than an actual money making venture. You make it sound like flipping is what people resort to when they're run out of plasma to sell.

Yup, that's how flipping should be. Trying to make this hobby of ours cost as little as possible.
I thought you never come out of that two person secret base of yours?

All this talk suddenly made me wonder, where is coofuscious these days?

3 copies of ncca for both platforms and 3 copies of the last of us and flipped to best buy for around $82 profit. Best Buy and Gamestop are within 1/2 mile of each other. Best Buy did give me resistance about trading in 3 of the same title. I had policy in hand before going in and I made sure to show them it when they tried to deny me...i'll probably get banned oh well atleast i got my pre-ordered for PS4 paid off.

Bought the following for just over $80 plus tax:

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 3DS

999 DS

Zone of the Enders HD Collection PS3

Wheel of Fortune 360

Jeopardy 360

Halo Reach 360

Picked up splinter cell, dead pool, and remember me... Sitting in a hotel room all weekend so let's see if I can knock out 2 of them. 2 of them don't have cases so I'm already itching to return them.

bread's done
Back