GameStop.com MLB 2k10 Download $3 Opening Day Only (April 5th)

It will want to install to the drive that you have it loaded on, or will crap out. So I downloaded everything on my regular PC, burnt to a DL DVD, and tried to load on my HTPC. It complained because the DVD drive was full. When I copied everything to a temporary install directory on my HTPC drive dedicated to games, it installed fine once I used the code I got by e-mail to install.

Looks fantastic on a GTX 275 Win7 x64. Has crashed on me a few times though (not in game). Haevn't tried it with 3D Vision yet, there is no profile for it but Nvidia ranked 2K9 "good" for 3D.

Great price but I've had trouble with Gamestop's crummy DD service before, I will be passing. If only it was on Steam or D2D.

Just bought it. The transaction went through without a hitch. I already have MLB 10 The Show for PS3 and I've been wanting to get a pc version so I can play while I'm on the road. Thanks for the head up!

I say old chaps, would someone be willing to buy a second copy and then sell it to me? I'd send you the money via PayPal, and you just buy it as a gift to send it back.

I have had 0 luck with 4 different browsers and 2 cards.

Ok, now I'm getting a NEW error that says "
error.gif
Error: Please correct the information below and try again." Yet, it won't even tell me what part needs to be fixed. Everything looks right. This service seems pretty BUNK to me so far.

I ordered first time without a hitch. What I recommend is to remove it from the cart and re add it and try it again. I used FF and a mastercard and worked like a charm. Downloading it right now, will be done in about 5 hours :(

Holy cow, and yet A NEWER error. This has got to be the worst payment system ever!!! I'm using a Visa Signature card, and this is the error I'm getting:

There has been an error processing your credit card!
The first four digits of the number entered are: [numbers removed]
If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.
If it is wrong, please try again.

My Visa card got a hold put on it from trying to purchase this this morning. Gamestop is such a mess

So this is stupid. I keep getting a blank web page when I try to add it to my cart. Awesome job GS! Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='Pck21']So this is stupid. I keep getting a blank web page when I try to add it to my cart. Awesome job GS! Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

Are you signed into GS or just adding it as a guest account? I was signed in and it was added no problem.

I just called GameStop's customer service to try and get a phone number for their third party distributor, but no luck. Apparently, they are only web-based and only take e-mails.

[quote name='dcm1602']My Visa card got a hold put on it from trying to purchase this this morning. Gamestop is such a mess[/QUOTE]

same, I'm done with trying to purchase this thing.

[quote name='kapkorn']Will this run decent (in bootcamp) on an iMac with a GeForce 9400 and 4GB Ram?[/QUOTE]

the 9400 it a rather weak card, it should run it but don't expect it to have much visual flare. (I have not played this game though on any of my systems so i cannot judge how graphically intensive it is). good luck

this game is less graphically pleasing than last years game, Are all the problems fixed? b/c I am about to jump all over this deal

QUADRUPLE LAME! Even though there is no hold on my card, my CC company CONFIRMED that I've been charged twice for $2.99, and I didn't even get to download a SINGLE THING!!!!!

[quote name='m_d_amore']went thru without a problem . now to see if it works on this laptop[/QUOTE]

Same. I hope my laptop is good enough to run it, wish it was on the canyourunit website.

Edit: Actually if you go to www.canyourunit.com and search for Major League Baseball 2k9 you can see if you have the specs for it. They have identical minimum requirements it seems. Only difference is 2k9 didnt "support" windows 7.

This game doesn't even make my rig sweat, but then again I've never had problems with any game. It runs pretty good.

Also it's a solid game.

I had my initial doubts while reading all these error problems but the transaction went through perfectly (and on the first attempt). Downloaded and am going through the installer right now.
Thanks, OP and CAG!

Credit card errors here too. Gamestop seems to find a way to screw up every sale they have. Has anyone tried calling customer service?

Edit: I just called GS customer service and they said they couldn't help and trymedia doesn't have phone support. Sent me to an web page with a contact form where I will hear back in 24 to 48 hrs. What customer service. Who in the hell is trymedia anyway. I'm not all that comfortable giving out me CC information to a company I don't know anything about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was scared of ordering cause of all the problems people have been having but mine went through with no problems. Download should finish in 5 hours.

[quote name='hordak']QUADRUPLE LAME! Even though there is no hold on my card, my CC company CONFIRMED that I've been charged twice for $2.99, and I didn't even get to download a SINGLE THING!!!!![/QUOTE]

Same thing here ive got multiple $2.99 charges but cant download anything.

I am so frustrated by this. Every time I get rejected for some unknown mysterious error. If anyone is willing to gift the game to me, I will gladly send the PayPal your way.

Here's my email resoponse from [email protected]. Thanks guys!

[quote name='Game Stop CS Idiot']Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Gamestop.com!

Thank you for contacting us about your recent Digital Download purchase.
Digital Downloads are supported by TryMedia, and unfortunately GameStop
does not have access to your order details. We recommend contacting
TryMedia customer support at the following website for further
assistance:

http://gamestop.trymedia.com/faqdesk_send_request?aff=t_07po

We appreciate your business!

Sincerely,
Bryce
Customer Service Agent
[/quote]

I had forgotten reading about everyone's credit card issues this morning when I tried to just purchase it. My paypal credit card shows 2 purchases pending and I'm sure my regions account shows one too now. Bastards, They better let me cancel the other two and hopefully I'll at least get one download!

I got mine to go through, finally. I overcame the "
error.gif
Error: Please correct the information below and try again." by using Internet Explorer and a new email address instead of FireFox and my existing gamestop digital media account.

Still disappointed that I couldn't stack it with the 10% off Game Day sale coupon though... :oldman:

Pretty lame that GS doesn't distribute the games themselves.... Mine went thru fine this morning though. Had it DL while I was at work, finishing the install now.

I have a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family thing for my graphic card on my laptop. It has 1695 MB memory. Anyone know if it'll work?

[quote name='chickenbutt']I have a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family thing for my graphic card on my laptop. It has 1695 MB memory. Anyone know if it'll work?[/QUOTE]

www.canyourunit.com - just do the scan for "Major League Baseball 2k9", same min requirements except 2k10 supports windows 7.

I have this game for the 360 and love it so and downloaded it to play at work as well. I simply can not play it using the keyboard, much too difficult (pitching is near impossible). I downloaded the software from microsoft so I can use my 360 controller with my PC but apparently it wont work using a wireless controller and the play and charge kit and I don't have the special wireless adapter thingy. What's the best/easiest/cheapest fix for this? Just buy a used wired controller from somewhere?

[quote name='chickenbutt']I have a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family thing for my graphic card on my laptop. It has 1695 MB memory. Anyone know if it'll work?[/QUOTE]
Just don't pick it up. Any Intel GPU is simply bad for gaming. Also, memory in a graphics card isn't a way to measure its strength.

Used wired controller is your best bet unless you can find the wireless receiver for like $10. Sometimes newegg will have it for sale.

[quote name='jp0213']Used wired controller is your best bet unless you can find the wireless receiver for like $10. Sometimes newegg will have it for sale.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='MachineElf']I have this game for the 360 and love it so and downloaded it to play at work as well. I simply can not play it using the keyboard, much too difficult (pitching is near impossible). I downloaded the software from microsoft so I can use my 360 controller with my PC but apparently it wont work using a wireless controller and the play and charge kit and I don't have the special wireless adapter thingy. What's the best/easiest/cheapest fix for this? Just buy a used wired controller from somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Bleh i didn't know that it wouldnt work with just the play and charge kit. There isn't any way around it?

[quote name='OddLogik']Bleh i didn't know that it wouldnt work with just the play and charge kit. There isn't any way around it?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I looked for about a month or two and then got lucky and caught a wireless receiver on newegg for $11 with free shipping.

I cant figure out why I cant give a company money and they give me a product. Have been trying to get this since this morning. Keep getting "There has been an error processing your credit card!"

[quote name='dan690000']I cant figure out why I cant give a company money and they give me a product. Have been trying to get this since this morning. Keep getting "There has been an error processing your credit card!"[/QUOTE]

Like I said above, watch your charges. Everytime I got that, they still charged me.

Sent in a support email asking them to credit me back for the extra charges and send me a download link. Credit card company already has this incident on file for my account. Let's see what happens.

Well I purchased it through my Mac and it worked...go figure. I'll install it on my Windows 7 machine tomorrow and on my XP machine tonight. Sweet!

i sent an email to CS late last night about the credit card problems. I still have extra charges, still don't have a download email, and still haven't heard back from CS.

It doesn't seem like anyone has heard back. Hopefully they still honor the deal for those of us with these issues.

bread's done
Back