GameStop.com MLB 2k10 Download $3 Opening Day Only (April 5th)

[quote name='OddLogik']www.canyourunit.com - just do the scan for "Major League Baseball 2k9", same min requirements except 2k10 supports windows 7.[/QUOTE]

That site doesn't really work for Intel graphic cards. It always says it fails because I'm pretty sure it counts by the number of the graphic card. Thanks though. I'll just not get it since I don't really want it. Was only going to get it since it was 3 bucks.

[quote name='jp0213']Nope. I looked for about a month or two and then got lucky and caught a wireless receiver on newegg for $11 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. Was really looking forward to playing it on a xbox controller.

WTF is all the stuff in the TOS about authorizing a subscription service, charges continuing unless cancelled, etc??

https://gamestop.trymedia.com/terms_of_sale.php?aff=t_07po

"Following the expiration of a trial period that may be provided to you at the sole discretion of Trymedia, you agree to pay Trymedia the applicable service charges (e.g., monthly or annual) for your use of the Services using a valid credit card, plus any applicable taxes, in accordance with the billing terms and prices in effect at the time the fee or charge becomes payable. You authorize Trymedia to automatically bill the charge card you provide each month or on each applicable subscription period renewal date, or withdraw funds via electronic transfer from your checking account (depending on what type of charge card you are using), until you cancel the Services. Payments are billed in advance at the beginning of the applicable month or at the beginning of the applicable subscription period if not monthly. All payments are completely non-refundable. You may cancel the Services at any time, but Trymedia will not refund any remaining portion of your subscription fees, including any minimum commitments, already billed to your account. "

[quote name='Justin42']WTF is all the stuff in the TOS about authorizing a subscription service, charges continuing unless cancelled, etc??

"Following the expiration of a trial period that may be provided to you at the sole discretion of Trymedia, you agree to pay Trymedia the applicable service charges (e.g., monthly or annual) for your use of the Services using a valid credit card, plus any applicable taxes, in accordance with the billing terms and prices in effect at the time the fee or charge becomes payable. You authorize Trymedia to automatically bill the charge card you provide each month or on each applicable subscription period renewal date, or withdraw funds via electronic transfer from your checking account (depending on what type of charge card you are using), until you cancel the Services. Payments are billed in advance at the beginning of the applicable month or at the beginning of the applicable subscription period if not monthly. All payments are completely non-refundable. You may cancel the Services at any time, but Trymedia will not refund any remaining portion of your subscription fees, including any minimum commitments, already billed to your account. "[/QUOTE]

WTF?! It didn't say anything about a monthly/annual charge when I was checking out.

I wouldn't be shocked tho to be honest, about a year ago gamestop had this thing going on (probably still do) where at the end of your order it asks if you want a 10$ coupon from a 3rd party company that you dont give your info to for your next order, thing is it charges you monthly (with again, info you didn't give then, gs did) without telling you and I still never got the coupon.

FYI, I had no problem getting a wireless 360 controller to work on Win7 with a play and charge kit. Something to try if you are running Win7.

I finished downloading and tried to install the game but it said files are missing or broken...... Any one have any ideas what could be wrong. I emailed the download service but no response yet. Thanks for you're time.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, I had no problem getting a wireless 360 controller to work on Win7 with a play and charge kit. Something to try if you are running Win7.[/QUOTE]

Do you have AIM? I have Win7 and can't get it to work.

[quote name='Justin42']WTF is all the stuff in the TOS about authorizing a subscription service, charges continuing unless cancelled, etc??

"Following the expiration of a trial period that may be provided to you at the sole discretion of Trymedia, you agree to pay Trymedia the applicable service charges (e.g., monthly or annual) for your use of the Services using a valid credit card, plus any applicable taxes, in accordance with the billing terms and prices in effect at the time the fee or charge becomes payable. You authorize Trymedia to automatically bill the charge card you provide each month or on each applicable subscription period renewal date, or withdraw funds via electronic transfer from your checking account (depending on what type of charge card you are using), until you cancel the Services. Payments are billed in advance at the beginning of the applicable month or at the beginning of the applicable subscription period if not monthly. All payments are completely non-refundable. You may cancel the Services at any time, but Trymedia will not refund any remaining portion of your subscription fees, including any minimum commitments, already billed to your account. "[/QUOTE]

That's only applicable to trial downloads, not full games, as GS's Downloads Policy states: "We offer a huge selection of games available for download directly to your PC. Simply select the downloadable games you wish to purchase and use our secure digital download checkout. You will be prompted to save these games directly to your PC using our robust download managing software. No rentals, no subscriptions – you own the game! In some cases, trial versions are also available, so you can even review the game before making a purchase."

So I think it's fine. However, that's why I use my Visa ShopSafe account. I made the total amount allowed to be spent $10.00 so even if they try to charge me for a subscription, they will be denied and I will be notified.

Wish I had been thinking to use my Shopsafe account, I was half expecting it to not even work so I was pretty surprised when my order went right through with no problems..! I did use a card that wasn't a huge deal if I had some issues with it being frozen or anything, though. (didn't want to lose my Visa if there were issues with charges)

I guess my concern though is talking about AFTER the trial period that it subscribes to a service. It's just not really clear what we're agreeing to.

[quote name='OddLogik']Do you have AIM? I have Win7 and can't get it to work.[/QUOTE]

I just plugged it in, it detected it and downloaded and installed the driver.

These bastards charged my card but didn't give me my download!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had my girlfriend call because im a lazy fuck and they said theyd have it fixed in 24hrs, she did not, however, ask if the deal would still be on and if they would refund the cards

I'm tempted to get this, but I already have MLB 10 The Show for the PS3 so I cannot see myself playing this much, if at all. It would basically be throwing $3 away....but still tempting.

[quote name='doubledown']I'm tempted to get this, but I already have MLB 10 The Show for the PS3 so I cannot see myself playing this much, if at all. It would basically be throwing $3 away....but still tempting.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you havent been paying attention...

I say get it. I have the 10 the show too and this is a nice breath of fresh air. Using the analog stick for pitching, fielding and hitting is pretty cool.

ROFL, my bank's fraud prevention called me and asked about all these multiple $3.20 authorization holds.

They said that the mistake at least on one was that the expiration date was incorrect, like the form on their site was reseting to default (Jan 2011) before it sent the info to the bank.

Anyway, my bank gave me the number for trymedia whatever they are called. If you want to call its 415 255 3131, but their customer service is gone for the day about 25 minutes ago. They stop at 5pm pacific.

Anyone have the link to the GS Corporate board emails?

Methinks me is going to send out an email to them about this "daily deal/ripoff"

Wanted to get in on this, but they rejected my CC too many times. Sent an email to whatever garbage company Gamestop farmed this out to. No pending charges showing up on my card yet and no call from the fraud prevention team either.

Just sent out this email to their corporate board:
gsemail.jpg

Yeah, We're getting screwed. I tried multiple times, not realizing my card was being charged all of those times.
I hope they get a lot of shit for this.

Funny story just happened to me...take it as you will.

My credit card company just called me to verify recent activity on my credit card. The charge they were referring to was the one made for MLB 2K10. This means a few things: The merchant that a recent purchase was made from has been deemed not reputable or is a caution flag to the bank, the merchant has had complaints from customers regarding their products, fraudulent or not, in the past, or the charge hits/meets certain red flags from the bank. How do I know all of this you ask? Because I used to work in the credit card fraud department of a large bank.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but even I am starting to get worried about my credit card information and may cancel my purchase since I haven't downloaded or installed the game yet.

EDIT: I went ahead and submitted a refund claim since I am within the 48 hour refund period window. I will update this thread with the status.

I watch my bank statement like a hawk so you can damn well bet if they try anything they'll be hearing about it.

Good to know though. They better not try anything.

wtf. I tried like 7 different times with 3 different cards....

I better not get all these charges since I never got a download link. You bet I'll be claiming fraud if these charges go through. I hope this lame ass company gets screwed for charging people's cards even though an error message comes up and no download link...

I suggest everyone send out emails to the GS corporate board like I did if you have had multiple charges or problems with this.

Ok. So I'm an idiot, it seems. I dl'ed it into my G: drive, and installed it....I think. How the hell does one actually play this game? Through Windows Live? If yes, how do I do that? Any help would be...helpful.

I tried a couple times with 2 cards.. I am not so worried about the charges (it was only 2.99 a pop after all), but I AM worried about the other potentialities involved.

How worried should I be about identity theft and the like?

(this is also my last straw with Gamestop. they have been getting consistently shittier over the last few years, and I hope they get a ton of grief over this)

I wouldn't worry about future charges, it seems like it's possible if you order like a trial of something from their site. Like let's say they charge for the trial, then if you don't like it you can get a refund. However for a product that's sold from gamestops online site I wouldn't worry.

I mean it's possible, however they'll get so much crap if they start charging our cards out of the blue. I mean in their ToS states they can charge after the trial period, but it was clear what we purchased and we purchased a full game.

I am starting to regret ever ordering this in the first place. With all the errors I've been hearing about and multiple charges it just proves the point that its not handled very well. 3$ could turn into 20$+ really quick.

After downloading it for the past 6 hours, finally finished and installed it and it works with no problems. One of the best deals of the year so far.

Just DL mine, everything went perfect no problems, fun game, not bad at all especially for 2.99. Now to pitch a perfect game for $1 million bucks.

[quote name='dabamus']Just sent out this email to their corporate board:
[/QUOTE]

Don't do this. I've had to mitigate a few of these from the management end in the past and all it results in us never, ever running a similar promotion.

Customer service will be more than happy to deal with your issue, and may even compensate you for your trouble. Mailing the corp board will get forwarded down the chain until it lands in some programmer's hands who probably didn't have enough time for the project to begin with.

The best way to see deals like this killed in the future is to send emails to the top level exec's. Because they don't make these kinds of deals, it's the middle management who runs promotions -- and if they get a huge shit storm this time it's not going to be worth it to them to do it again.

[quote name='daminion']Don't do this. I've had to mitigate a few of these from the management end in the past and all it results in us never, ever running a similar promotion.

Customer service will be more than happy to deal with your issue, and may even compensate you for your trouble. Mailing the corp board will get forwarded down the chain until it lands in some programmer's hands who probably didn't have enough time for the project to begin with.

The best way to see deals like this killed in the future is to send emails to the top level exec's. Because they don't make these kinds of deals, it's the middle management who runs promotions -- and if they get a huge shit storm this time it's not going to be worth it to them to do it again.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with you. What GameStop is doing is bad business practice, and their head honchos need to be informed. How can you support a third-party company, advertise a deal for their website, and not have any control over the matter? Not only can the "customer service" not help, but they can't even offer up a phone number because they apparently do not have one. I'm very upset because I've been charged 4 times, and my girlfriend once, but I have no remedy from the company. I e-mailed them at around 9:40 PM Pacific yesterday and I have yet to receive a response.

[quote name='OddLogik']I am starting to regret ever ordering this in the first place. With all the errors I've been hearing about and multiple charges it just proves the point that its not handled very well. 3$ could turn into 20$+ really quick.[/QUOTE]
highly doubt they are out to get your money

this just seems like a card problem for a select few. it's like at lowes...when i worked there, a certain bank hated lowes (laugh) and if you let the customer slide the debt card themselves, it would sometimes lock up the register for a bit

things happen. it wasn't the bank's fault or lowes fault - glitches occur and sometimes those 1's and 0's don't play nice

if you are charged multiple times, i'm CONFIDENT that your bank will quickly fix it and gamestop will too. in fact, for those who speak to the CSRs in a nice tone (and don't act like they have to email the damn president over a 3 dollar mistake), you'll probably get a gift card after the charges are removed and any fees are paid up

[quote name='UberSwiss']I don't agree with you. What GameStop is doing is bad business practice, and their head honchos need to be informed. How can you support a third-party company, advertise a deal for their website, and not have any control over the matter? Not only can the "customer service" not help, but they can't even offer up a phone number because they apparently do not have one. I'm very upset because I've been charged 4 times, and my girlfriend once, but I have no remedy from the company. I e-mailed them at around 9:40 PM Pacific yesterday and I have yet to receive a response.[/QUOTE]
If this is the case, then just notify your bank and have them do a simple stop payment...or charge back depending on what term they use

You get your money back and that 3rd party company only gets 3 dollars, or 0 depending on how you feel.

I've done it a few times before in my life. You write a check to someone and find out you didn't need to or wrote the wrong amount...I just notify the bank. "Check #402 was in error. If cashed, stop the process..."

[quote name='strongpimphand']If this is the case, then just notify your bank and have them do a simple stop payment...or charge back depending on what term they use

You get your money back and that 3rd party company only gets 3 dollars, or 0 depending on how you feel.

I've done it a few times before in my life. You write a check to someone and find out you didn't need to or wrote the wrong amount...I just notify the bank. "Check #402 was in error. If cashed, stop the process..."[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried about getting the money back, but I'm irritated because the company has not come forward with a solution. My bank won't take away pending transactions so I have to wait until they post.

[quote name='UberSwiss']I don't agree with you. What GameStop is doing is bad business practice, and their head honchos need to be informed. How can you support a third-party company, advertise a deal for their website, and not have any control over the matter? Not only can the "customer service" not help, but they can't even offer up a phone number because they apparently do not have one. I'm very upset because I've been charged 4 times, and my girlfriend once, but I have no remedy from the company. I e-mailed them at around 9:40 PM Pacific yesterday and I have yet to receive a response.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was not happy when I called GS customer service and they told me the same thing. I assumed I was purchasing the game from Gamestop who I've had a business relationship with for years when I clicked on the link and provided personal information. Had I known that wasn't the case I would have done some research first on who in the hell trymedia was before I gave them that information no matter how good of a deal it was. I sure hope they don't sell my email address to other companies of even worse my mailing address or credit card info which they also have now. Even if they don't do it on purpose, it appears that aren't very competent so who knows how easily that information could be gotten by a hacker or disgruntled employee.

[quote name='Pck21']Funny story just happened to me...take it as you will.

My credit card company just called me to verify recent activity on my credit card. The charge they were referring to was the one made for MLB 2K10. This means a few things: The merchant that a recent purchase was made from has been deemed not reputable or is a caution flag to the bank, the merchant has had complaints from customers regarding their products, fraudulent or not, in the past, or the charge hits/meets certain red flags from the bank. How do I know all of this you ask? Because I used to work in the credit card fraud department of a large bank.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but even I am starting to get worried about my credit card information and may cancel my purchase since I haven't downloaded or installed the game yet.

EDIT: I went ahead and submitted a refund claim since I am within the 48 hour refund period window. I will update this thread with the status.[/QUOTE]

While you may be knowledgeable, my credit card company has flagged ONLINE purchases repeatedly for the last couple years.

I've had Steam purchases flagged multiple times. It's the fact that it's online that causes the credit card company to pay attention.

What I don't get about this is that everyone is protected. Just watch your credit card statement or check your account activity online regularly.

[quote name='MachineElf']I have this game for the 360 and love it so and downloaded it to play at work as well. I simply can not play it using the keyboard, much too difficult (pitching is near impossible). I downloaded the software from microsoft so I can use my 360 controller with my PC but apparently it wont work using a wireless controller and the play and charge kit and I don't have the special wireless adapter thingy. What's the best/easiest/cheapest fix for this? Just buy a used wired controller from somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Ya....I use my wired controller all the time on my PC. Very user friendly, no installs or anything (at least with Vista or higher OS).

[quote name='Bojizzle']Yeah, We're getting screwed. I tried multiple times, not realizing my card was being charged all of those times.
I hope they get a lot of shit for this.[/QUOTE]

Have you guys REALLY never heard of funds held? The company in question is going to have very little to do with your bank holding funds after a failed transaction. After the transaction has failed, it is up to your bank to determine when the funds would be returned.

Seriously.... this is something that is possible with ANY online purchase. If pending funds is not something you cannot afford/deal with emotionally, you probably shouldn't be buying games online.

Exactly. I hope they don't do a digital deal like this again unless they make sure it works for everyone.(or 99% of the people)

Many people on here alone were charged multiple times or charged and didn't get their download.(like me)

The heads of the company need to know what is going on, since I doubt they would know without us emailing them.

Here's my reply from Trymedia:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

The transactions that you see on your online credit card statement appear to be declined transactions from a failed purchase attempt. They will eventually expire and should not appear on your monthly printed statement.

Regards,

Pascal
Trymedia Games Customer Support

So I won't get charged and I won't get the game apparently. Whoopee.

bread's done
Back