Gamestop/EB April FSI Sale 4/2-4/9 (B2G1 FREE, Free Games, Price Drops etc)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Two Day Sale 4/2-4/4
-Get Fable Lost Chapters (XB) or Conker (XB) FREE when you purchase the following:
Call of Duty Big Red One XB $39.99
*The Incredibles 2 XB $29.99
*Sonic Riders XB $39.99
*Winning Eleven Soccer 9 XB $39.99

4/2 - 4/9
-Free Spongbob Squarepants the Movie GBA game when you purchase TWO of the following:
Spongbob Squarepants Lights Camera Action GBA $29.99
*Zoo Tycoon DS $29.99
*Spongbob Squarepants yellow avenger DS $29.99
*Nicktoon Unite DS $29.99

-Sale $9.99 (regular price $14.99-$19.99)
Sonic Heroes PC
*Madagascar PS2/GC
*Shrek 2 PS2/GC
*Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/GC
*XBOX 360 Skins for console (selected ones)

-
Sale $14.99 (regular price $19.99)
Bratz GBA
*Sonic Gem Collection GC
*Sonic Heroes PS2
*Sonic Mega Collection GC
*Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2
*Virtua Tennis PSP
*GTA San Andreas PS2/XB

-Sale $19.99 (regular price $29.99-$39.99)
*Chronicles of Narnia PS2/XB/GC
*City of Villans PC
*Crash Tag Team Racing PSP/PS2/GC
*Yoshi Island GBA
*True Crime NYC XB
*Super Mario Advance GBA
*PSP Mobile Pro Bundle Accessory Pack

-Sale $29.99 (regular price $34.99-$49.99)
*24 The Game PS2
*DBZ Tenkaichi PS2
*F.E.A.R. PC
*Ice Age 2 PS2/XB/GC
*Marc Eckos Getting Up PS2
*Quake IV PC
*Sonic Riders PS2/GC
*Shadow The Hedgehog PS2

-Save $20.00 when you purchase any 2 Activision 360 Game on the same receipt
*Tony Hawk American Wasteland
*Quake 4
*Gun
*Call of Duty 2

-Condemned Criminal Orgins XB360 - $49.99

-Save $80.00 on a XBOX 360 system when you trade in a complete original XBOX system.

-Free Katamari Zipper Pouch
w/purchase of Me and My Katamari (while supplies last)

-Free Dynasty Warriors Empires Art Book
w/purchase of 360 Dynasty Warriors Empires ($39.99)

-Get a new XBOX 360 Game for free when you trade in two XBOX 360 games.

-Free select GAMECUBE players choice game with a purchase of a new Gamecube hardware system

-FREE USED GAME when you purchase 2 used games (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
*Lowest price or equal value game will be the free one

-FREE USED DVD when you purchase 2 used dvds (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
Lowest price or equal value dvd will be the free one

-EXTRA 10% trade in credit when you apply trade credit towards a pre-order of any game not out.

Alright Budokai Tenkaichi for $29.99!!! But I have a question: if the new game is $5 off original (in this case, $34.99 dropped to $29.99), does that mean that the used price of $26.99 also drops down to $21.99? Man, that would be tempting, even though I would want a new one (which one new copy sits at the local GS waiting for me :p).

[quote name='mackaikai']i wonder when will Gamestop starts accepting EBGames gift card and when will EBgames accept Gamestop Membership card..

i have EBGAMES GC and Gamestop membership card! lol i want to save that extra 10% off and use my gift card[/QUOTE]

About 2 weeks ago my EB took my Gamestop membership card! He asked if I had their card, I said no, mine expired here - he asked if I had Gamestop's and actually honored it. I have no clue if that's chainwide though.

fuck!!! I KNEW that as soon as I bought Ninja Gaiden Black, the B2G1 sale would pop up...

(Microsoft couldn't have waited one more day for the backwards compatibility update...)

Oh well. Time to hope for some good used copies of Halo 2, Black, PDZ, Fable:LC, Metroid Prime Hunters, Animal Crossing WW...

[quote name='Callandor']fuck!!! I KNEW that as soon as I bought Ninja Gaiden Black, the B2G1 sale would pop up...

(Microsoft couldn't have waited one more day for the backwards compatibility update...)

Oh well. Time to hope for some good used copies of Halo 2, Black, PDZ, Fable:LC, Metroid Prime Hunters, Animal Crossing WW...[/QUOTE]
Haha, I dont think you have to worry about that one...I was at my Gamestop last week and they had at least 20 used halo 2 cases on the shelf! I wonder how many they had in the drawer....most of the gamestops within 200 miles of me have 4+ copies according to the locator...how sad...

Technically, say I bought WE9, some other game, and got a free one that is a lesser value than WE9, shouldn't I get Fable:TLC/Conker AND the free game?

[quote name='moojuice']Technically, say I bought WE9, some other game, and got a free one that is a lesser value than WE9, shouldn't I get Fable:TLC/Conker AND the free game?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that deal only applies to a new copy.

[quote name='whoknows']Haha, I dont think you have to worry about that one...I was at my Gamestop last week and they had at least 20 used halo 2 cases on the shelf! I wonder how many they had in the drawer....most of the gamestops within 200 miles of me have 4+ copies according to the locator...how sad...[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not worried about finding a copy of that. Plenty of copies floating around both stores. But I want a GOOD copy, something not owned by prepubescent boys who insist on spouting uncreative obscenities though a mic.

Now, if I get lucky and find a used Metroid Prime Hunters and/or GRAW, I'll be a happy man. Oblivion is awe-inspiring, but I'm saving it for the summer. Teaching math classes, taking math classes, and selling chicken don't leave much time for a 100hr RPG. :(

[quote name='Roufuss']Pretty sure that deal only applies to a new copy.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, forgot the b2g1 was on used, thought it was 19.99 and up for some reason.

Am thinking of trading in my xbox for the 360... but do B&M have stand-alone consoles? I thought they only did bundles...

[quote name='khc8']Am thinking of trading in my xbox for the 360... but do B&M have stand-alone consoles? I thought they only did bundles...[/quote]

no bundles are only for online, technically most stores are not suppose to sell them in bundles. Only if they are a membership store (ex. costco).

Wow, Metroid Prime Hunters is still sitting at EB used. I guess I'll get that, even though the other games I'm going for are 17.99. Still works out to around $13 per game. And I suppose I can return it if GR actually gets my preorder in next week.

Damn, someone took the used Silent Hill 4....now I only have Indigo Prophecy and need to choose two more $17.99 games (PS2)...any suggestions?

Do you have the Fatal Frame games? Fatal Frame II would probably be around $17.99

I know the original Fatal Frame is more. I don't think i have ever seen a used Fatal Frame III.

[quote name='msdmoney']Hoping the FEAR price will be for the Director's Cut too, but I'm not counting on it.[/QUOTE]

FEAR Directors Cut Edition will be $34.99.

There are alot of used game price drops on the back of the ad where it states the buy 2 get 1 free that aren't in the OP... the ad isn't with me right now so I can't confirm. Most of them are $1 - $5 dollars off select used games.

I know Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Libery is $4.99 instead of $5.99, for instance.

[quote name='bls5555']Do you have the Fatal Frame games? Fatal Frame II would probably be around $17.99

I know the original Fatal Frame is more. I don't think i have ever seen a used Fatal Frame III.[/QUOTE]
Ah man...I just checked the locator and there isnt fatal frame 2 :(

so if no xbox titles are excluded then i can get Kameo +perfect dark + another Perfect dark for $72 + tax and then buy games i dont have like Ridge Racer and Kong :roll: and get say Gun for free and pay $81 and tax...so total for 6 games would be 153 +tax but then i can trade in the 4 cheapys to get 2 brand new games so i can get 2 new games and 2 used games for about $160...

or better yet is to just get 3 sets of Kameo and Perfect dark for $144.00 + tax and get 3 new games worth $180...not much of a savings but just wanted to point it out to people;)

the best deal would be to find used copies of Amped 3 since its only $34.99 before discount to add to Kameo or PDZ

also do you think the Condemned used price will drop to $44.99 since the sale price will end being less then the used price its currently at ($54.99)?

i would much rather have that then Kong

...Or how about just getting 3 games that you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wanted for a long time?

Got my eye on Legend of Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest, Mario Kart DS, and ...oh, another Legend of Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest. Hopefully the two zelda's are in decent condition.

Oh geez...I don't think this combo will work: Budokai Tenkaichi + MGS3 Sub + Starcraft 64 (it still better be there!). I'm thinking I will have to sub out MGS3 Sub for Ultimate Muscle GCN :p HEY! Don't laugh, it's a good game, at least AKI made it so I trust it should be a good game. Plus, Muscle Men figures rocked in the 80s, even though I was too young to afford any. I usually "borrowed" them from the local Goodwill without telling LOL

Tonight, I'm crossing my fingers that the GS that has Starcraft 64 also has MGS3 sub.

The sad thing is that I was all prepped for a B2G1 sale, even a poor B3G1 sale for months. My local EB certainly had the stock and some amazing prices on some older PS2 and XBox titles that I had to grab along with a few PS1 gems. Unfortunately, in the past week, they've either sold out of the titles I was looking at or they hiked the prices up a good 30 to 40%. Yiiiikes.

Oh well. Maybe I'll consider perusing their DS section again and seeing if the titles would be worth jumping on. Dawn of Sorrow and Metroid Pinball are looking pretty decent if I can end up getting a $27 or less game for free. But what to choose for the freebie...

[quote name='nintendokid']...Or how about just getting 3 games that you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wanted for a long time?[/quote]

either you missed the whole point or you are trying to be funny...i want fresh sticker free newly released games at better then used prices;)

[quote name='mackaikai']Gamestop opens at 11 tomorrow right?[/quote]

yeah most stores should open at 11am, also remember its daylight savings time at 2am on april 2nd

[quote name='trunks982']b2g1 free works for DS also?[/quote]

anything used in the store (except hardware, but you can buy a pre-played hardware, and 2 games then get one of the games free, but hardware cant be free)

any good suggestions on ps2 games in the 34.99 price area? i'm thinkin:

SH:FTNW, DQ8, Suikoden V...can't think of anything else ATM

[quote name='swetooth9']any good suggestions on ps2 games in the 34.99 price area? i'm thinkin:

SH:FTNW, DQ8, Suikoden V...can't think of anything else ATM[/quote]

A couple of other 34.99 ps2 games... Shining Tears, DDS 2, Winning Eleven 9

[quote name='swetooth9']any good suggestions on ps2 games in the 34.99 price area? i'm thinkin:

SH:FTNW, DQ8, Suikoden V...can't think of anything else ATM[/QUOTE]

Onimusha Dawn of Dreams is $34.99 as well

I picked up Half Life 2, Max Payne 2 and Splinter Cell: PT all for 27.00...not bad I must say.

I was shocked to see HL2 priced at 17.00

ok, this is what i ended up doing...

First got PDZ, PDZ collectors, and Kameo for $78 total then traded in PDZ and Kameo for Farcry

next i brought Quake4 with Bonus disc, The Outfit and Full Auto for $102 total and the guy was cool enough to give me 2 faceplates even though the outfit was used (he had a ton of them)

then i brought 3 Amped 3's for $68 total

i traded in the PDZ collectors and a Amped 3 with no instructions for Blazing Angels...turns out i cant get Oblivian Collectors ;) and if i got Top spin 2 i would basically lose that extra $20:cry:

so now i have a new Farcry, a new Blazing Angels, and a used Quake 4 (with bonus disc) , a used The Outfit (with 2 faceplates), and a Used Full Auto, a used Amped 3 and an extra used Amped 3 for the total of $248...works out to be about $35 a game...not the best deal but definatly worth it to me since now i have a slight backlog and i really only play my 360 now anyways

Now i will take that extra amped 3 and possibly my own used PDZ (since it should be real soon where you can get them for $20;) or cheaper by the looks of it) and trade it in for another game (havent decided yet) probably Battlefield 2

I made out pretty well. I got:

Grandia 3 - 40.48
Wild Arms Alter Code F - 31.49
DQVIII - .01
All mint complete

Not too shabby

I want to pick up Otogi, Baten Kaitos, and one more game. I think Otogi and BK are $17.99, so is there any other games for XBOX, GCN, GBA, or DS that are worthwhile around $20?

I went to several local GS & EB stores.
I picked up:
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
Dai Senryaku VII
Fable Lost Chapters (for my wife)
Dragon Ball Z Sagas (for our boys)
Quantum Redshift
Power Drome
Pulse Racer
Crimson Skies
Circus Maximus
(yes, I like checking out lots of cheap racing games...lol)
Futuer Tactics
Deus Ex
Sega GT/Jet Set Radio Future (for part of a group of games on eBay)

Many of the cheaper titles may end up on eBay (or taken back to the store for credit if they REALLY suck...lol).

Pretty happy with my haul ($122.00 total)

ALl 3 used, in perfect condition for the xbox 360

Xbox 360 Live Wireless Adapter
Fight Night 3
Burnout Revenge

Score!

X360:

Blazing Angels
Quake 4 with BONUS disc

PSP:
GTA:LCS
Burnout:Revenge
Pursuit Force
Coded Arms

$170.

ALso got a 1gig Scandisk card for my PSP for $45 used.

Not bad for first run:

Tokobot, Megman X Maverick Hunter, and Robotic Alchemic Drive, all complete, for about $48.69.

So 16.23 a game.

Tomorrow looking to pick up Megaman X Collection and a few others.

Grandia 3
Tales of Legendia
Zelda Collectors Edition

Hoping to sell the CE for $50 on Ebay to make it about $33 dollars for Grandia 3 and ToL.

Strell, you got lucky on those two PSP games, the local stores here don't have shit.

well, normal price would be $400 for 7 games...($40 for Amped) and i end up spending about $250 instead...i personally think this is a great deal to cash in on if you were planning on getting those particular games anyways...basically a $150 off of $400 coupon;) and $35 for a 360 title is pretty much the cheapest you can get at the moment

bread's done
Back