Gamestop/EB April FSI Sale 4/2-4/9 (B2G1 FREE, Free Games, Price Drops etc)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Two Day Sale 4/2-4/4
-Get Fable Lost Chapters (XB) or Conker (XB) FREE when you purchase the following:
Call of Duty Big Red One XB $39.99
*The Incredibles 2 XB $29.99
*Sonic Riders XB $39.99
*Winning Eleven Soccer 9 XB $39.99

4/2 - 4/9
-Free Spongbob Squarepants the Movie GBA game when you purchase TWO of the following:
Spongbob Squarepants Lights Camera Action GBA $29.99
*Zoo Tycoon DS $29.99
*Spongbob Squarepants yellow avenger DS $29.99
*Nicktoon Unite DS $29.99

-Sale $9.99 (regular price $14.99-$19.99)
Sonic Heroes PC
*Madagascar PS2/GC
*Shrek 2 PS2/GC
*Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/GC
*XBOX 360 Skins for console (selected ones)

-
Sale $14.99 (regular price $19.99)
Bratz GBA
*Sonic Gem Collection GC
*Sonic Heroes PS2
*Sonic Mega Collection GC
*Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2
*Virtua Tennis PSP
*GTA San Andreas PS2/XB

-Sale $19.99 (regular price $29.99-$39.99)
*Chronicles of Narnia PS2/XB/GC
*City of Villans PC
*Crash Tag Team Racing PSP/PS2/GC
*Yoshi Island GBA
*True Crime NYC XB
*Super Mario Advance GBA
*PSP Mobile Pro Bundle Accessory Pack

-Sale $29.99 (regular price $34.99-$49.99)
*24 The Game PS2
*DBZ Tenkaichi PS2
*F.E.A.R. PC
*Ice Age 2 PS2/XB/GC
*Marc Eckos Getting Up PS2
*Quake IV PC
*Sonic Riders PS2/GC
*Shadow The Hedgehog PS2

-Save $20.00 when you purchase any 2 Activision 360 Game on the same receipt
*Tony Hawk American Wasteland
*Quake 4
*Gun
*Call of Duty 2

-Condemned Criminal Orgins XB360 - $49.99

-Save $80.00 on a XBOX 360 system when you trade in a complete original XBOX system.

-Free Katamari Zipper Pouch
w/purchase of Me and My Katamari (while supplies last)

-Free Dynasty Warriors Empires Art Book
w/purchase of 360 Dynasty Warriors Empires ($39.99)

-Get a new XBOX 360 Game for free when you trade in two XBOX 360 games.

-Free select GAMECUBE players choice game with a purchase of a new Gamecube hardware system

-FREE USED GAME when you purchase 2 used games (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
*Lowest price or equal value game will be the free one

-FREE USED DVD when you purchase 2 used dvds (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
Lowest price or equal value dvd will be the free one

-EXTRA 10% trade in credit when you apply trade credit towards a pre-order of any game not out.

The EB I went to had a bunch of used 360 games but nothing i didnt already have except for blazing angels which i picked up anyway as it was $50 used - $5 eb card discount and i had $10 of old trade in credit.

Picked up
MGS2: Substance (.01)
BG: Dark Alliance 2 (27.99)
and Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life SE (24.99)

renewed edge discount for a year (might as well since I spent over $50 anyway.)

Picked up a copy of Subsistence at Circuit City.

I got some handheld action for myself

resident evil deadly silence 24.99
megaman powered up 24.99
dragonball z supersonic warriors 2 .01

gonna go to a couple other gamestops tomorrow for some other psp and ds games

Thanks OP. I picked up Madagascar for $9.99 for the 'Cube for my son. It's super easy and perfect for him and even a bit fun for me. :p

CoD:Finest Hour isn't $9.99 for the Gamecube tho. That price is only good for PS2.

Well, I went back for round 2:

Picked up
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $44.99
Tales of Legendia - $40
Shadow of the Collosus - $.01

Not bad at all.

Semi Offtopic:

Do you guys know how often Gamestop/EB has these deals? I am looking to buy a PS2 over summer, and I'd love to get cheap games from a B2G1 deal. Thanks for any help.

Deal almost Translates into Buy2 Get 1 for NEW 360 games fairly nicely:

Bought 3 AMPED 3's 2*35 * 90% (Card) = $63.
Bought 3 PDZ's 2*40*90% (card) = $72

Trade 2 Get 1 New gets 3 New for $135, slightly more than the price of 2, though slightly less when they are Oblivion CE.

Also, if you want one used and one new, comes out to about the price of one new.

mega man maverick hunter x - 24.99
ZOE 2 - 17.99
SH: covenant - 17.99 ----> FREE
----------------------------------------------------------------

i was looking to try and get a used daxter, syphon filter, and SF alpha 3 max...but none of the stores near me have used copies of those :(

[quote name='theeipi']Deal almost Translates into Buy2 Get 1 for NEW 360 games fairly nicely:

Bought 3 AMPED 3's 2*35 * 90% (Card) = $63.
Bought 3 PDZ's 2*40*90% (card) = $72

Trade 2 Get 1 New gets 3 New for $135, slightly more than the price of 2, though slightly less when they are Oblivion CE.

Also, if you want one used and one new, comes out to about the price of one new.[/quote]

read my previous posts in the last 2-3 pages...we both had the same idea;)

[quote name='aaa']Semi Offtopic:

Do you guys know how often Gamestop/EB has these deals? I am looking to buy a PS2 over summer, and I'd love to get cheap games from a B2G1 deal. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Seems like once every 2 months.

I don't know, I can't ever seem to find the right games (three I want of equal value).

I'll likely hit Target for their buy 2 get 1 on GH games (all three systems) . . . with their sale, each will be $13.33 each while used copies would be $12 each at GS/EB.

Plus, I could return one of the 3 Target games if I can only find 2 I want.

Picked up:

Advance Wars DS
Trauma Center
Makai Kingdom

for around $55 after tax. Not a bad haul--I might go back again this week for Onimusha 4 and a couple other randoms (hopefully KH2).

went to a couple of gamestops and one EB

EB Street Fighter Arcade Stick $60 (I've been looking for one)
Gundam Seed Vol 7 $4

Gamestop Intelligent Cube, Shadow Heart 3 and Castlevania DS = $80

Gamestop Super Princess Peach, MC Groovz, Midway collection PSP $50

Sam Goodys 10 CDR and Nice RCA video cable for my X'eye $5

I got:

44.99 Tales of Legendia
44.99 Grandia III
44.99 Super Mario Strikers (free)

34.99 Shining Tears
24.99 Suikoden Tactics
24.99 Trauma Center (free)

9.99 GBC Crystalis
9.99 Wild Arms 3
4.99 GB Pocket Game and Watch (free)

29.99 Super Princess Peach
26.99 Wild Arms 4

[quote name='banpeikun']I got:

44.99 Tales of Legendia
44.99 Grandia III

34.99 Shining Tears
24.99 Suikoden Tactics

9.99 GBC Crystalis
9.99 Wild Arms 3

26.99 Wild Arms 4
24.99 Trauma Center (free)[/quote]
should have switched trauma center & shining tears for extra savings :) (unless the transactions were at different stores)

[quote name='banpeikun']I got:

44.99 Tales of Legendia
44.99 Grandia III

34.99 Shining Tears
24.99 Suikoden Tactics

9.99 GBC Crystalis
9.99 Wild Arms 3

26.99 Wild Arms 4
24.99 Trauma Center (free)[/QUOTE]

is that in one transaction?

D'oh! A store near me has MGS3: Subsistence AND Shadow Hearts I. I'm really tempted to pick them and something else up but I just got some games during the EB.com B1G1 (Burnout Revenge & Dark Cloud 2) and Suikoden V.

:whistle2:(

Great finds, though, everyone! Way to take advantage of this deal!!!

EDIT: Forget it - I'll return the games from EB.com, and pick them up during this sale. I can't stand the idea of passing these two up.

[quote name='swetooth9']should have switched trauma center & shining tears for extra savings :) (unless the transactions were at different stores)[/quote]yeah the last three were at a second store

I'll be going to gamestop today after work, I'm getting God of War and Shadow of the Colossus, but I'm still undecided as to what my third game should be, any ideas? suggestions?

Ace Combat 5. Just picked that up yesterday along with Ratchet & Clank 3 (and Xenosaga 2...only got it because they had nothing else remotely interesting for $20) and I'm totally remembering why I spent so much time on Ace Combat 4.

This is what i did on friday in order to get the games i wanted with original case and booklet. I went friday and saw that they had Gun, The elder scrolls, Condemned. I ask the guy if i buy them right there and then come back on Sunday to return them and buy them back at the same time with the buy 2 get 1 free. After two phone calls and his co worker telling him is okay he let me do it. I got those 3 games for 70 dollars since on sunday i use my 30 dollar gift certificate and the gamestop card.

I got:

Rhapsody $29.99
Persona 2 $29.99
Ninja Gaiden Black FREE

after 10% off using my friend's GameStop card it comes out to be $59.50 after tax. and my friend chose NGB. he gave me $20. so it came out to be $39.50 for me. Which comes out to be $19.25 each for my 2 RPGs.

[quote name='dopehat']I may have to pickup that Marc Eckos Getting up for 29.99 played the PC version at a friends house and wow was it good![/QUOTE]

So by "played the PC version at a friend's house" do you mean "cashed your paycheck for shilling an awful game?"

[quote name='trunks982']I got:

Rhapsody $29.99
Persona 2 $29.99
Ninja Gaiden Black FREE

after 10% off using my friend's GameStop card it comes out to be $59.50 after tax. and my friend chose NGB. he gave me $20. so it came out to be $39.50 for me. Which comes out to be $19.25 each for my 2 RPGs.[/QUOTE]

i'm holding out until they drop the price on rhapsody, and NG: B is $15 at sears.

Quick question:

I bought a used game from EB about a week ago, can I take it back, or bring the receipt and buy 1 game, and get the other free?

Picked up

Shadow Hearts I - $24.99
MGS3: Subsistence - $24.99
Burn Out Revenge - Free

Probably gonna sell Shadow Hearts and see if I can get enough so the other two are free.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Picked up

Shadow Hearts I - $24.99
MGS3: Subsistence - $29.99
Burn Out Revenge - Free

Probably gonna sell Shadow Hearts and see if I can get enough so the other two are free.[/QUOTE]

I would hurry, apparently GameQuest reprinted Shadow Hearts and SH: Covenant .

[quote name='Roufuss']I would hurry, apparently GameQuest reprinted Shadow Hearts and SH: Covenant .[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

*Shakes fist at GQD*

Edit: Nevermind - looked on eBay and there does seem to be a re-print. Bugger! Looks like I'll need to go back and do an exchange under the guise that my friend as a copy that I can borrow.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Thanks for the tip!

*Shakes fist at GQD*

Edit: Nevermind - looked on eBay and there does seem to be a re-print. Bugger! Looks like I'll need to go back and do an exchange under the guise that my friend as a copy that I can borrow.[/QUOTE]
Holy ****. Really? They need to reprint Suikoden II.

[quote name='Ecofreak']That and Valkyrie Profile. ;)[/quote] Yeah.. and don't forget the Tales games on the psone. I mean they've remade mostly everything else. Rez, Puzzle Fighter, Disgaea, and so on.. But once news of a SII reprint happens, I'm auctioning off my copy of SII. :lol:

[quote name='chaarlieee']Yeah.. and don't forget the Tales games on the psone. I mean they've remade mostly everything else. Rez, Puzzle Fighter, Disgaea, and so on.. But once news of a SII reprint happens, I'm auctioning off my copy of SII. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Namco, Square, and Konami whore their games out enough that they will never let someone like GQD touch their stuff. If Konami were to reprint Suikoden 2, they would do it themselves and take 100% of the profit.

Disgaea was reprinted by Atlus I think, and Capcom did Puzzle Fighter.

[quote name='Roufuss']Namco, Square, and Konami whore their games out enough that they will never let someone like GQD touch their stuff. If Konami were to reprint Suikoden 2, they would do it themselves and take 100% of the profit.

Disgaea was reprinted by Atlus I think, and Capcom did Puzzle Fighter.[/quote] They were reprinted by the original publishers, but GQD requested and financed the reprints:

http://www.siliconera.com/2006/01/16/the-business-of-reprints/

[quote name='chaarlieee']They were reprinted by the original publishers, but GQD requested and financed the reprints:

http://www.siliconera.com/2006/01/16/the-business-of-reprints/[/QUOTE]

I've never seen that article, good read. I didn't know too much about GQD.

Also in that article it mentioned that Growlanser Generations Deluxe edition was being reprinted. Are those the copies I've been seeing (usually only 1) at Gamecrazy's, or copies of the original run that just didn't sell.

back on top, I might have to check out some EB's and Gamestops this week to see if there is anything worth picking up on this sale. thanks OP

[quote name='asianxcore']I've never seen that article, good read. I didn't know too much about GQD.

Also in that article it mentioned that Growlanser Generations Deluxe edition was being reprinted. Are those the copies I've been seeing (usually only 1) at Gamecrazy's, or copies of the original run that just didn't sell.

back on top, I might have to check out some EB's and Gamestops this week to see if there is anything worth picking up on this sale. thanks OP[/quote] Could be reprints. I've seen new copies of it at more than a few gamestops/ebgames I've been to.

[quote name='Roufuss']How would GQD get the rights to reprint the game if Working Designs went under?

This might be liquidiated stock.[/QUOTE]
Have you read the article I posted? If you haven't, you should. It was made a few months ago, but it's a good read.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Picked up

Shadow Hearts I - $24.99
MGS3: Subsistence - $29.99
Burn Out Revenge - Free

Probably gonna sell Shadow Hearts and see if I can get enough so the other two are free.[/quote]
That's the full list price for MGS3:Subsistence, right? Were those game new or used? I thought the B2G1 free deal works only on used game?!

[quote name='eau']That's the full list price for MGS3:Subsistence, right? Were those game new or used? I thought the B2G1 free deal works only on used game?![/QUOTE]

Haha, my bad. I meant $24.99. Thanks for the correction. :)

According to the store locator, it still looks like Warrior Within (GC), Phantasy Star Collection, and Metroid Prime: Hunters will be mine for around $14/game. I figure that's not much more, if not less, than I'm getting it with GR credit, so if they don't have my preorder in tomorrow, that one's getting cancelled.

bread's done
Back