Gamestop: Extra trade credit on certain Wii titles.

Radioactive_Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
l_b509aa3c3891e3c8ce855ec491694f7e.jpg

This doesn't add up, if only because of how GS normally does trade in values... Normally, they will give you half of what they will sell a game for if they have no copies. Once they have copies, they give you less. So I'm confused on why they are gauranteeing a price for Zelda when some stores (like twen's) have a bunch of copies already. Unless they are going to ship them to the online shop warehouse or something...?

[quote name='Shadowedge']I take it that you were not offered the 20% extra trade-in deal, or did you ask about it and were denied?

I was going to trade-in Zelda too and was wondering if I could get the extra $5 towards Mario Galaxy.

Has anyone else asked or been offered the extra 20%?[/quote]

Yep, and I made out like a bandit because it was so difficult for the EB dudette to put in the deals, she said she had to manually input some values even though everything was scanned, took her like 20 mins. She got pissed off with it in the end. I wanted to trade in Sonic and then decided to pre-order GHIII, thus getting the extra 20%.

After all was said and done I ended up with $38.50 trade in for Sonic and the Secret Rings, cha-ching :cool:

Everybody keep trading in Zelda. By the time I get my Wii in the Spring (just in time for Mario Kart), Zelda will be like $9.99* used because they have way too many copies, even after Christmas.

* Maybe not that low in price, but you get my point.

I trade in Zelda today. I asked them how much they sell it used for $44.99, what a rip. Purchased mine with GCO last year for $39.99 and got $35.00 EB/GS store credit now.

Carnival Games here I come.

I got there, guy scans coupon. doesn't work

types in coupon doesn't work.

they call headquarters

and give it to me. I lucked out the official guy was out on lunch....so he didn't want to deal with me.

[quote name='guinaevere']So long as they aren't scratched, why wouldn't they?[/quote]

Just wanted to make sure. I spotted a rental copy of Transformers that my local Family Video is trying to dump for $20, I wasn't sure if GS would take games that have those stickers covering the disc.

On behalf of all of the CAGs that can't stand EB/GS because of their shitty prices on trade-ins, charging more than 200% mark up on some of the used games they sell, and most importantly their lack of decent service at most locations don't ever think you should say its your favorite store because we could give you thousands of reasons to not even shop there ever again.

Seconded.

~HotShotX

just got back from gamestop. The coupon totally worked from me and i got $35 for zelda. Thats more than i was asking for in my tradelist and I didn't have to ship it, so overall I'm pretty happy.

bread's done
Back