GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
^But that's YMMV. I've never seen that at a GS around me. I once returned a new, gutted copy and the CSR started to give me some grief, but the manager just went ahead and did it.

Once I left the store w/o them putting a red sticker, not thinking much of it. I went two days later to return it and they wouldn't take....it's not that the employee forgot to place the sticker, the store just didn't practice it. I understand them not taking it but I actually didn't play it (not even a sign of being used on the disc). I ended up going to my "usual" store and while they couldn't give me my money back, they gave me store credit for the full purchase amount. If the store doesn't use stickers, I would make the employee write on the receipt "gutted new game....no seal" or something to that effect. Is it a pain? Sure is but make them work if they are pulling that BS on you. I e

[quote name='CMoney™']Anyone know if games sent from Gamestop.com are gutted as well?[/QUOTE]

No. There would be no reason too. Games are gutted to prevent theft at the stores.

[quote name='henhowc']No. There would be no reason too. Games are gutted to prevent theft at the stores.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have received gutted games from the website twice. There are times when they get stock back from the stores which has been gutted. They tend to be slightly older games that are being clearanced (one of mine was Untold Legends for the PS3). They refunded my money and let me keep the games, but it can and does happen.

[quote name='momouchi']Has there been a drop in prices yet? I don't see any on the site, but I'm not sure if they would change that on there.[/quote]

Probably still too early. I think last year, the further drops took place in the last week.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, I have received gutted games from the website twice. There are times when they get stock back from the stores which has been gutted. They tend to be slightly older games that are being clearanced (one of mine was Untold Legends for the PS3). They refunded my money and let me keep the games, but it can and does happen.[/QUOTE]

That's why I didn't want to order from the web site.

Well...and actually I can't anyway. Every time I've tried ordering from them online, it waits a week and then rejects my credit card. They think it's my card, but that's very improbable given that I've used it at dozens of sites over the last decade with zero problems.

One time I even tried using my Edge card on the site instead, and it sat for a week and then rejected THAT. It said it couldn't verify the card, and it's like, IT'S YOUR CARD! Soooo I'm stuck going in-store.

I went in to get Portable Ops Plus yesterday and the sales clerk just kept telling me that I'm getting a new game that's sealed and once it's open I can't return it. You know what, I'm not going to return the game so don't keep emphasizing it.

[quote name='momouchi']Has there been a drop in prices yet? I don't see any on the site, but I'm not sure if they would change that on there.[/quote]

I have not noticed any further drops but did see a few increases on titles which is completely ass backwards in using a term like "Sale" ... :roll:

Anyone find any strange odds and ends stuff tossed into these bins like SE controllers or anything else they have collecting dust like in previous GD Sales?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did Kidu copy and paste this list on Slickdeals too? I see his post, but I'm curious if he actually typed up the list or copied and pasted it.[/quote]

What a douche. I can't be too mad, because other people obviously did most of the work. Still, that kid needs to stop stealing shit, so can get his "rep" over there.

No way I'm going through this whole thread, but I know earlier someone posted a link to a site that blatantly ripped off my OP. They even copied and pasted my little FAQ, just changing a few words around.

[quote name='CMoney™']Anyone know if games sent from Gamestop.com are gutted as well?[/QUOTE]
I've gotten games from gamestop.com that were sealed except for a slit on the back of the game, typically because they were on top when someone there opened the box. That was a while ago though.

[quote name='hepcatnc']I keep looking at Sonic Unleashed for $30 and try to talk myself into it. Any advice?[/quote]
Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection instead.

Instead of gutting games, why doesn't ebgamestop put 1 sealed game in a plastic case (the one's made for dvds/games that other stores use) and if you want the game, you bring up the sealed plastic case. They sell you the game they have behind the counter. And return the game in the plastic case to the display rack.
If it's the last game, they open the plastic case and sell you that game.
Stores have the 1 time cost of buying a couple hundred security cases, and the entire bad pr of gutted games and buying new/used is forgotten.

As we've discussed in the past, as far as GameStop is concerned, they make a very thin margin on new products already. They are not gonna spend anything more on that part of their business. You're talking about hundreds of cases for thousands of stores. That adds up, and GS won't do it, because they don't have to.

Because GS can't rely on employees to return the case immediately after a purchase or possibly at all, leading to less sales. They also know people will buy the games gutted anyways so they don't want to spend any money on security cases. It's all about the bottom line.

[quote name='CaoPi']opened = used, end of story, I refuse to buy anything gutted

there is a discussion on gfaqs, one of the employees states that he tested out a copy SF 4:CE and let his daughter tried out the Ryu figurine and still sold it as new. Shows you how shady they are

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942165&topic=49067897[/QUOTE]
Did he really have to rent out the collector's edition? I mean, really?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did he really have to rent out the collector's edition? I mean, really?[/quote]
How else would he parent his child while playing the game?

[quote name='CaoPi']opened = used, end of story, I refuse to buy anything gutted

there is a discussion on gfaqs, one of the employees states that he tested out a copy SF 4:CE and let his daughter tried out the Ryu figurine and still sold it as new. Shows you how shady they are

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942165&topic=49067897[/quote]

That thread shows how shady gamefaqs is, i think its hilarious they let that kind of discussion continue.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942165&topic=49067897[/quote]
I would never used GameFAQs as a legitimate source for any kind of story if I were you. :D

That makes too much sense. I finally lost all hope back when I asked if Metroid Prime 3 had come in yet, the dumbass then asked me "for what system".

[quote name='vherub']Instead of gutting games, why doesn't ebgamestop put 1 sealed game in a plastic case (the one's made for dvds/games that other stores use) and if you want the game, you bring up the sealed plastic case. They sell you the game they have behind the counter. And return the game in the plastic case to the display rack.
If it's the last game, they open the plastic case and sell you that game.
Stores have the 1 time cost of buying a couple hundred security cases, and the entire bad pr of gutted games and buying new/used is forgotten.[/QUOTE]

I placed an order on Sunday. As of now, hasn't shipped yet. Here's hoping for the best (fingers crossed). If not, then I'll try to get my money back with help from my bank. This was really the only opition to get the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade at that price. None of the Best Buys anywhere near me are OOS. K-Mart stores don't have it & there isn't a Wal-Mart near me. I will avoid Gamestop at all cost UNLESS they have a game I want at an excellent price & I can't find it anywhere else for a similar cost.

Edit - Just checked. Order has shipped. Free shipping via UPS. 2 separate tracking numbers though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local GS sells sealed copies of Gamedays sale games and returns the gutted cases to the bin (they do seem to keep 2 or 3 gutted copies for some games though, in case the employees don't return them right away I guess) so it's not like every store is the same.

[quote name='zalman']My local GS sells sealed copies of Gamedays sale games and returns the gutted cases to the bin (they do seem to keep 2 or 3 gutted copies for some games though, in case the employees don't return them right away I guess) so it's not like every store is the same.[/quote]

Yeah, only 1 out of the 5 stores I went to (trying to get :360: GH:A + Free Wired Guitar) gives sealed copies of Gamedays sale games. ...the things you notice when waiting in line to simply ask a question.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']As we've discussed in the past, as far as GameStop is concerned, they make a very thin margin on new products already. They are not gonna spend anything more on that part of their business. You're talking about hundreds of cases for thousands of stores. That adds up, and GS won't do it, because they don't have to.[/quote]

yeah but aren't they getting investigated about gutting games and selling as new? they could just do what they did at one GS I go to and just leave a generic case with a photocopy of the cover art on the shelf and hand over a sealed copy when you bring it to the counter. Then after they decide to stop stock on it they just replace the cover art and sticker.

MUCH easier IMO and little loss except for ink and paper every once in a while.

The only gutted ones I see are actually used.

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']yeah but aren't they getting investigated about gutting games and selling as new? they could just do what they did at one GS I go to and just leave a generic case with a photocopy of the cover art on the shelf and hand over a sealed copy when you bring it to the counter. Then after they decide to stop stock on it they just replace the cover art and sticker.

MUCH easier IMO and little loss except for ink and paper every once in a while.

The only gutted ones I see are actually used.[/QUOTE]

The investigation isn't specifically pertaining to gutting games. Its the fact that Gamestop lets its employees check out the gutted games.

[quote name='henhowc']The investigation isn't specifically pertaining to gutting games. Its the fact that Gamestop lets its employees check out the gutted games.[/quote]

Exactly.

How can they give a sealed copy if they are sold out. They only give unsealed copies if its their last copy. Customers ask the employees all the time have you played this game or ask questions. How can employess answer those questions if they cant take the games out to play? Ive seen countless people ask about games and the employess were able to answer. Ppl make to much of a big deal about it not being sealed. Do u get off on ripping plastic open? And jesus christ is a ps3 blu ray disc oh noooo finger prints what will i do!!!! Grow up, seriously. If its such a big problem bring the game back.

[quote name='UnrealZero']How can they give a sealed copy if they are sold out. They only give unsealed copies if its their last copy. Customers ask the employees all the time have you played this game or ask questions. How can employess answer those questions if they cant take the games out to play? Ive seen countless people ask about games and the employess were able to answer. Ppl make to much of a big deal about it not being sealed. Do u get off on ripping plastic open? And jesus christ is a ps3 blu ray disc oh noooo finger prints what will i do!!!! Grow up, seriously. If its such a big problem bring the game back.[/quote]

This is an absolutely garbage argument. There's no reason why employees have to rent gutted games. There's no excuse for that. If someone's played it, you should get the preplayed price... period.

Employees can spend their money on buying games if they really like playing them. Or maybe they can, oh, I dunno, rent the Used titles like they're supposed to? If you work at Gamestop, you should have a library of games and knowledge about the hobby to begin with.

The icing on the cake as far as my hatred for selling gutted games as new, came when I bought a GBA game from GS and when I got home, there was already a game save on the cartridge.

I have vowed a gaming life free of gutted games...

[quote name='zalman']My local GS sells sealed copies of Gamedays sale games and returns the gutted cases to the bin (they do seem to keep 2 or 3 gutted copies for some games though, in case the employees don't return them right away I guess) so it's not like every store is the same.[/quote]No, Gamestop guts 1-6 copies for display, 1 for a normal game, 3-6 for big releases for the new release sections. You guys make way too big of a deal out of this checkout policy, you can't check out new releases until they're atleast a few weeks old, and we usually only checkout used games, unless we intend to buy the new one we're checking out.

See, if everyone stopped bitching about preorders getting pushed and actually preordered something, you'd get a nice sealed copy held for you. What? You can find better deals online for games? THEN DON'T fuckING BUY NEW GAMES FROM GAMESTOP IN THE FIRST PLACE.

hahhahahahaha I love what this thread has turned into....could the OP change the title of the thread to something along the lines of:
"No actual deal discussion found here, only discussion on gamestop gutting and employee practices"

[quote name='TimPV3']No, Gamestop guts 1-6 copies for display, 1 for a normal game, 3-6 for big releases for the new release sections. You guys make way too big of a deal out of this checkout policy, you can't check out new releases until they're atleast a few weeks old, and we usually only checkout used games, unless we intend to buy the new one we're checking out.

See, if everyone stopped bitching about preorders getting pushed and actually preordered something, you'd get a nice sealed copy held for you. What? You can find better deals online for games? THEN DON'T fuckING BUY NEW GAMES FROM GAMESTOP IN THE FIRST PLACE.[/quote]Sounds like your GS has some morals. Several years ago I walked into a GS to pickup my reserved game, just in time to see an employee coming in with it to clock in and work. Please keep in mind this was the day of release for the game. They weren't willing to give me the used game price so I cancelled the order and picked it up elsewhere. Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case) not all GSs are run the same.

As I've said in another thread, I've had a GS employee try to sell me a "new" PS2 game without the box and instructions because someone had stolen them. He had no problem with this and even tried to justify it.

[quote name='TimPV3']No, Gamestop guts 1-6 copies for display, 1 for a normal game, 3-6 for big releases for the new release sections. You guys make way too big of a deal out of this checkout policy, you can't check out new releases until they're atleast a few weeks old, and we usually only checkout used games, unless we intend to buy the new one we're checking out.

See, if everyone stopped bitching about preorders getting pushed and actually preordered something, you'd get a nice sealed copy held for you. What? You can find better deals online for games? THEN DON'T fuckING BUY NEW GAMES FROM GAMESTOP IN THE FIRST PLACE.[/quote]

LMAO. This is a joke post, right?

[quote name='shadowkast']hahhahahahaha I love what this thread has turned into....could the OP change the title of the thread to something along the lines of:
"No actual deal discussion found here, only discussion on gamestop gutting and employee practices"[/quote]

Trust me. I thought about it.

Is Final Fantasy Tactics A2 worth 20 bucks? I really liked Final Fantasy Tactics and the advance version but know almost nothing about this one

[quote name='SuxoR']Is Final Fantasy Tactics A2 worth 20 bucks? I really liked Final Fantasy Tactics and the advance version but know almost nothing about this one[/quote]

I think it is. It's just more of the same with new jobs, basically. I didn't like the characters as much, but I still got addicted to it and I don't regret buying it.

See, if everyone stopped bitching about preorders getting pushed and actually preordered something, you'd get a nice sealed copy held for you. What? You can find better deals online for games? THEN DON'T fuckING BUY NEW GAMES FROM GAMESTOP IN THE FIRST PLACE.[/QUOTE]

Your right you've changed my mind. Customer service like this is definitely worth spending the extra money and paying full price for used games, getting asked the same questions 5 times each, and borrowing you my money free of charge for an indefinite time that actually guarantees me nothing.

Maybe if their was another gamestore left people would go somewhere else but instead Gamestop bought out all of their competition. I guess it is an improvement over the Software ETC who is part of the awesome Gamestop empire where a lot of the stores used to actually have a shrinkwrap machine.

[quote name='UnrealZero']How can they give a sealed copy if they are sold out. They only give unsealed copies if its their last copy. Customers ask the employees all the time have you played this game or ask questions. How can employess answer those questions if they cant take the games out to play? Ive seen countless people ask about games and the employess were able to answer. Ppl make to much of a big deal about it not being sealed. Do u get off on ripping plastic open? And jesus christ is a ps3 blu ray disc oh noooo finger prints what will i do!!!! Grow up, seriously. If its such a big problem bring the game back.[/QUOTE]

Except I'm pretty sure that they would say that they couldn't take it back because its open, one of the other reasons why it sucks to have an open one. I don't mind used games, but I'm not going to pay full price for a used game, and if I have to examine my new game before I use it for scratches its not a new game, its a used game.

What about games like Rock Band 2 and Track packs where their are important codes in the manuals? What about Nintendo points? What about Xbox Live Codes? What if one of the characters in the game has a tail, its a known and proven fact that all Gamestop employees have a fetish for animals, furrys, animal like people, and the dead, I shouldn't have to check my 'New' game for employee jizz.

[quote name='henhowc']The investigation isn't specifically pertaining to gutting games. Its the fact that Gamestop lets its employees check out the gutted games.[/quote]

ah....my bad....dude that sucks. at least the one that I go to doesn't have people who do that. they've all hit collector mode like I have lol

[quote name='rally9x']Except I'm pretty sure that they would say that they couldn't take it back because its open, one of the other reasons why it sucks to have an open one. I don't mind used games, but I'm not going to pay full price for a used game, and if I have to examine my new game before I use it for scratches its not a new game, its a used game.

What about games like Rock Band 2 and Track packs where their are important codes in the manuals? What about Nintendo points? What about Xbox Live Codes? What if one of the characters in the game has a tail, its a known and proven fact that all Gamestop employees have a fetish for animals, furrys, animal like people, and the dead, I shouldn't have to check my 'New' game for employee jizz.[/QUOTE]

What really turned me off to Gamestop's practices was years ago when I tried to purchase Majora's Mask "brand new". He tried to sell me on the used copy but I wanted the new one I told him for a gift. I get out to the car to see they've reshrink-wrapped the game. The cart itself had stickers on it and there was a hair stuck under one of the stickers. Ticked off I promptly returned it and it took me a while until I bought "new" there again.

What if that game had actually been given as a gift to someone? "Here little Timmy, enjoy your brand new game. That pube is part of the factory seal."

But on a positive GS note, I actually gave in and bought Valkyria Chronicles and Namco Virtual Arcade "new" despite wanting to wait until I could really get VC new for around $20. The employee was very nice and even let me use the in-store GI coupon since I didn't have the coupon from my magazine with me. This was the second store I went to in order to pick up VC and both store employees were very courteous and helpful.

[quote name='Vader582']Sounds like your GS has some morals. Several years ago I walked into a GS to pickup my reserved game, just in time to see an employee coming in with it to clock in and work. Please keep in mind this was the day of release for the game. They weren't willing to give me the used game price so I cancelled the order and picked it up elsewhere. Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case) not all GSs are run the same.[/quote]

I was a day late on picking up my reserved game months ago (I honestly cant remember what game it was as I do preorder a lot from GS, with credit of course) and they had no sealed copies left and tried to give me a gutted copy. (of a game I preordered, and was supposed to be put on reserve/hold for me) but of course it wasnt, needless to say I was pretty upset and told him to just refund my credit back to my edge card.

also they always give me hard times about getting my preorder bonuses for some reason...

[quote name='GuardianE']This is an absolutely garbage argument. There's no reason why employees have to rent gutted games. There's no excuse for that. If someone's played it, you should get the preplayed price... period.

Employees can spend their money on buying games if they really like playing them. Or maybe they can, oh, I dunno, rent the Used titles like they're supposed to? If you work at Gamestop, you should have a library of games and knowledge about the hobby to begin with.[/quote]
really so an employee is suppose to spend min wage on every new game so he or she can oh i dunno do their job? Renting games is a perk for ppl that are trusted. How can you rent a used game of a new title that just came out?
Ex. Ninja Blade vs Ninja Gaiden how would you go about telling a customer which is a better title for their money or explain what the game is about?
Oh you cant because you werent able to rent a game out.
Do you complain at barnes&noble because your book was read by other ppl and put back on the shelf? No you wont.

bread's done
Back