GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='officerrickyross222']wonder if the 2 valkria chronicles sitting my local gs bin will drop to 19.99. maybe ill finally bite :). is the game fun ?[/QUOTE]

The game is excellent and one of the best strategy RPGs of all time.

Jump on it now because it won't go down even more, most likely.

At $30, it's a definite steal.

[quote name='Shady3011']It's not going to drop to $20. It will most likely go back up to MSRP in its new gutted format.[/quote]

i hope not :bomb: . i may have to go pick it up tomorow then

[quote name='UlysisAM']The game is excellent and one of the best strategy RPGs of all time.

At $30, it's a definite steal.[/quote]

thx i played the demo and enjoyed. :D

[quote name='officerrickyross222']i hope not :bomb: . i may have to go pick it up tomorow then[/quote]
If there are two, then buy one tomorrow for sure. If the other copy is still there on 5/3, then buy it and return the other one.

Everything from the original lists is still available in-store (availability will vary) at the sale price. That will run through tomorrow. Then, the clearance begins, and everything not on that list will return to regular price.

[quote name='JJSP']$10 for Namco Museum sounds wonderful.[/quote]

Today at my local Gamestop that had the "FINAL CLEARANCE" stickers over the old stickers, and big signs over all the other Gamedays Sales ads.

The sticker covering the old $14.99 sticker on Namco Museum?

It also says $14.99!

Talk about shitty!

Usually Gamestop converts any of the unsold games from the sale into used items. I know that happened the last two years (the first year, each Gamestop must've had like 8 copies of Phoenix Wright used).

I forget what used price they put the games at though...I think the normal used price ($5 off and what not).

Making them used allows even more profit for GS. Probably only stuff that wouldn't sell well at its used price is not included in the final clearance.

[quote name='bywaytm']Its 29 cents man. Come on, live a little. You could use the disc as a coaster and get your money's worth. :lol:[/quote]
I know. I'm more interested if its worth my time than the cost of it. I know it's got avg metacritic score, but that means less to me sometimes than a CAG's opinion.

[quote name='bywaytm']Its 29 cents man. Come on, live a little. You could use the disc as a coaster and get your money's worth. :lol:[/quote]
I know. I'm more interested if its worth my time than the cost of it. I know it's got avg metacritic score, but that means less to me sometimes than a CAG's opinion.

[quote name='J7.']Making them used allows even more profit for GS. Probably only stuff that wouldn't sell well at its used price is not included in the final clearance.[/quote]

Since they were new games, doesn't that actually make them less profit? That is unless the used price is higher than the Game Days price. Otherwise, I'm not seeing it.

[quote name='JJSP']$10 for Namco Museum sounds wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is the one game I will definitely buy. Debating Persona 3 FES as well since I still don't own that, although I already played a lot of Persona 3.

I'm hoping to find a PlaygearPocket DSlight case for around $5. I bought one for $9.99 & am thoroughly impressed with it.

I'm a little confused by people asking about additional price drops since the OP has listed the GameDays sale items that will be price dropped tomorrow, 5/3/09. Is there any reason to hope other, non listed, items will be included?

[quote name='UlysisAM']The game is excellent and one of the best strategy RPGs of all time.

At $30, it's a definite steal.[/QUOTE]

I knew that I would definitely get this game (exactly the time of game that interests me), but I wanted to wait until it dropped to around $20 on some place like Amazon. Because of my backlog, I wouldn't play it for a while and I preferred to buy a "new" sealed copy. But when I saw places like Best Buy no longer carrying it, I didn't want to take a chance of not finding a better deal. $27 w/ coupon is still a darn good deal for this game.

Went back and snatched up the last copy of Diablo BC my local store had since it dident drop in price for the final clearance. Between Gamedays and the B2G1 - I think ive given Gamestop enuff money this month and put my backlog at record levels... :lol:

[quote name='dallascowboys']Does anyone know the prices of Phantasy Star Portable and the RE and DMC packs after the clearance?[/QUOTE]

phantasy star 40 since its not on the list

[quote name='Shady3011']Since they were new games, doesn't that actually make them less profit? That is unless the used price is higher than the Game Days price. Otherwise, I'm not seeing it.[/quote]
I think all of the games cost more used than the Gamedays new price, then factor in the price they actually paid in bulk for them for this sale.

They dont have Persona 3 FES on their site....bummer. If anyone can pick it up for me tomorrow, Ill trade them Soul Calibur IV for PS3, or Quantum of Solice for PS3 (both from BestBuy sale, SC is open, but just opened it yesterday so its mint) for it.

[quote name='Gertle627']Wish I would've waited on Namco. Got it when the sale first started just cuz I wanted to buy something during this sale. Oh well.[/quote]

Hah, you think you feel bad. I bought it on a whim about a month before the sale started, at full price. :cry:

[quote name='outphase']:( Valkyria Chronicles has been pulled from the website. Now I can't see if stores still have stock (some did).[/quote]

If you google search "Valkyrie Chronicles gamestop", it'll bring you to the product page where you can search for possible availability at a store.

Hmmm the website hasn't been properly updated with the new prices. They advertise the clearance sale, and if you search for the game the right clearance price shows up, but in the actual game page and cart it is still the old price.

Assuming they eventually get the prices fixed can someone tell me what discount codes might work other than SAVER?

Does anyone know how reliable the availability checker on GS's website is for this sale? I've been checking out the new version of the games I'm interested in and it seems as though the GS near me has everything that I want but I'm curious how accurate it is with this sale. I was searching for new items.

I plan on returning a Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition guide today to a store that has had a couple of DSl case accessories available.

Anyone want the Hanna Montanna DSlite case-skin or the DSlite PlaygearPocket case? I could pick them up while I'm there. Assuming they didn't disappear overnight.

I was last night 10 mins to closeing time to buy a DS game before when back to full price and they was scaning the gamedays games to change the prices. the gamei bought scan full price then was discount for the sale price .

got yesterday Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games DS
bought when the sale start
Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade 360
Mortal Kombat Kollection PS2

[quote name='metallicoholic']Does anyone know how reliable the availability checker on GS's website is for this sale? I've been checking out the new version of the games I'm interested in and it seems as though the GS near me has everything that I want but I'm curious how accurate it is with this sale. I was searching for new items.[/quote]

Coming from a long time gamestop employee DO NOT TRUST THE WEBSITE FOR STOCK.

Sometimes it takes corporate a week to update.. sometimes it does it on its own... Sometimes it goes by what we are supposed to recive on one day but dont get it till a week later.

I just went to my sister store 2 blocks "2 BLOCKS lol" away and got namco Museum, Kanes wrath, 3 umd movies and Final fantasy 1 and 2 for psp. FOr a total of $50.

I got to the store just as they were changing prices (the memo for changes only came in this morning at 8am) and the new people couldnt figure out how I knew all the prices before they had got to them lol. One guy was asking me as I went a long and grabbing games. To bad he didnt know Im the manager from the store he will be transfered to in a week when the mall closes down lol

I am starting to really hate the new Gamestop that opened up close to me about a month ago. (This is the same store that at the start of Gamedays I heard one of the workers tell the other one to take a DS game out of inventory since the kid that was in bought 2 used games but didn't want a free one so he was going to take a game-- and last week at opening only 1 guy was working and I had to wait outside for like 10 minutes while he went to the next door Starbucks right at 11 instead of open the store)

I went in a few minutes after opening, and they had all the "Final clearance!" signs up. I figure, cool, no need to worry about prices dropping. Then I get to the bins, and they managed to simply put the SAME PRICE tags over the old ones, they just now say "Final clearance!". So I am a bit nervous that the prices on the list/website aren't accurate but I know it makes no sense that they re-tagged them. I do a bit more browsing, hear one of the employees doing an ultra-hard-sell on an Edge card (Glad I had my $2 card, sorry I didn't get another before that deal went away), and figure this should be interesting.

So I get a small pile of games and go up to check out, but said I wanted to confirm prices before I bought because I had checked online and everything was cheaper. I give them Sonic Riders first which rings up for $29.99 (it's marked $14.99 Final Clearance and I knew it's supposed to be $9.99). The 2 guys (Tweedledum and Tweedledee) look at the register, then the game, then me, kind of befuddled about why that's happening. Suddenly they figure out they'll need to hit total for the prices to drop. But Tweedledee says "They're all priced as marked, so this one will be $14.99, the website prices don't mean anything." Sigh.

So Tweedledum scans my pile of stuff. I also bought a used copy of Rock Band (360) with the 20% off coupon to use with my Mad Catz Portable Drum deal from a while back. The first disc he hands me was used for target practice, so I ask if they have another. He starts saying "Why don't you just pay the extra $2 for the disc protection guarantee? That way you won't have to worry if your Xbox scratches the disc!" I told him I wasn't worried about my Xbox doing anything, I was worried about what they were selling me. He goes back to looking at additional discs and finally finds one that looks slightly better although still not quite as good as I'd like (it looks a little dirty but not scratched and I figure with NXE as long as I can read it to install it I should be ok). I say I'll take it, and he says (half mumbling under his breath, half not) "I still think you're crazy not buying the guarantee with a disc like that..." I tell him "If you're so worried about the quality of product you're selling me, how about I just give up and don't buy it?" He shut up at that point.

I hand him the 20% off coupon and he scans it. Then I hand him my edge card and he starts looking at my pile of games.. he says "Oh, you don't get another deal, these don't stack." Tweedledee at this point chimes in and says, with the voice of authority only a Gamestop employee seems to have, "Oh, no, we don't allow that kind of thing, you only get one special." Tweedledum hits total and *shock* all of the prices go to what I said, AND the 20% + Edge coupon both applied. Tweedledee, being a master at math, at this point says, "See, only one discount applied." (for my $13.99 copy of normally $19.99 Rock Band). I pay, not realising when he asked me if I was buying the games for me that meant I was getting a gutted and non-resealed Worms Open Warfare which I wasn't sure I was going to keep and wish I had just given it back to reseal.

Amazingly enough I did get shrinkwrapped copies of a few games... ended up with:
Mortal Kombat Kollection (Shrinkwrapped, not in Game Days bin)
Destroy All Humans Wii (Shrinkwrapped, not sure about it)
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity Wii (Shrinkwrapped)
Worms Open Warfare PSP (Gutted)
Rock Band 360 (used, $13.99)

Overall, not a bad haul, even though I'm getting tired of the store's ineptness and may go back to going to the farther, yet not as obnoxious, store.

I stopped by two close by....one still had the old prices. The other one had the "Final Clearance" prices. I picked up a gutted (asked and was told all the copies were gutted) Silent Hill Origins for $8. I did remember to have him seal it and asked as long as the seal wasn't broken, if I could return it (already knowing the answer), he said yes.

[quote name='Justin42']

So Tweedledum scans my pile of stuff. I also bought a used copy of Rock Band (360) with the 20% off coupon to use with my Mad Catz Portable Drum deal from a while back. The first disc he hands me was used for target practice, so I ask if they have another. He starts saying "Why don't you just pay the extra $2 for the disc protection guarantee? That way you won't have to worry if your Xbox scratches the disc!" I told him I wasn't worried about my Xbox doing anything, I was worried about what they were selling me. He goes back to looking at additional discs and finally finds one that looks slightly better although still not quite as good as I'd like (it looks a little dirty but not scratched and I figure with NXE as long as I can read it to install it I should be ok). I say I'll take it, and he says (half mumbling under his breath, half not) "I still think you're crazy not buying the guarantee with a disc like that..." I tell him "If you're so worried about the quality of product you're selling me, how about I just give up and don't buy it?" He shut up at that point.

I hand him the 20% off coupon and he scans it. Then I hand him my edge card and he starts looking at my pile of games.. he says "Oh, you don't get another deal, these don't stack." Tweedledee at this point chimes in and says, with the voice of authority only a Gamestop employee seems to have, "Oh, no, we don't allow that kind of thing, you only get one special." Tweedledum hits total and *shock* all of the prices go to what I said, AND the 20% + Edge coupon both applied. Tweedledee, being a master at math, at this point says, "See, only one discount applied." (for my $13.99 copy of normally $19.99 Rock Band). I pay, not realising when he asked me if I was buying the games for me that meant I was getting a gutted and non-resealed Worms Open Warfare which I wasn't sure I was going to keep and wish I had just given it back to reseal.

[/quote]

Well, i have never gotten a store with that attitude yet. I have had a few problems before like some guys checking id's and some don't. But i have never had an experience that crazy. I am well known in like several stores in Manhattan and Queens (You may call me GameStop freak). :p

There was one store that won't let me cancel the reservations and i can't even take it to another store! I told them that I wanted to move my reserves from this store to another but to no avail they were giving me bs about how reserves under this account is uncancelable. So i just gave up and just kept the reserves already in progress.

It's true that they accept all kinds of discs, from heavily scratched to pristine condition, but they should just make a policy to only accept complete games to minimize losses. Most people will not buy those homemade labeled games with no cover or no manual. Most stores i go to have so much gs labeled games that i have to shake my head in shame.

So are the clearance prices for the games in the computer system? I went to several GS today and none of them had "FINAL CLEARANCE" signs or anything and the prices were all the same.

[quote name='metallicoholic']So are the clearance prices for the games in the computer system? I went to several GS today and none of them had "FINAL CLEARANCE" signs or anything and the prices were all the same.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about all but picked up Namco Museum for $10. It was $14.99 originally.

[quote name='SoulProphet']Well, i have never gotten a store with that attitude yet. I have had a few problems before like some guys checking id's and some don't. But i have never had an experience that crazy. I am well known in like several stores in Manhattan and Queens (You may call me GameStop freak). :p

There was one store that won't let me cancel the reservations and i can't even take it to another store! I told them that I wanted to move my reserves from this store to another but to no avail they were giving me bs about how reserves under this account is uncancelable. So i just gave up and just kept the reserves already in progress.

It's true that they accept all kinds of discs, from heavily scratched to pristine condition, but they should just make a policy to only accept complete games to minimize losses. Most people will not buy those homemade labeled games with no cover or no manual. Most stores i go to have so much gs labeled games that i have to shake my head in shame.[/quote]
I would call HQ if they are telling you that you can't cancel a preorder. I've cancelled preorder that had only 5 dollars on it to fully paid. Also I've traded in games to get the extra TIV when put toward a reservation and a week later canceled. I still got to keep the "extra" TIV. I would read the receipt and go to the store and ask where they have it posted this inability to cancel. GS are all about preorders, the store looks bad when preorders are cancelled but tuff.

EB/GS in Canada have this rule (sort of). I believe they will take it in but they dock you if you don't have the case or booklet.

[quote name='dallascowboys']Does anyone know the prices of Phantasy Star Portable and the RE and DMC packs after the clearance?[/quote]

Just picked up Phantasy Star Protable for $30.
The box has the gameday sticker on it, scanned for $40 tho. The guy then manually took $10 off.
The Namco Museum did scan properly. The sticker indicate $15, scanned for $10 so I don't know if Phantasy Star Portable is officially off the gameday sale price or what...

Amazon is selling Phantasy Star Portable for $30... had it not been an impulse buy on my part, I would've saved over $5 and getting a sealed copy from amazon...

Called one of two gamestops in my area. The first gamestop said that the price of Namco Virtual Arcade was back up to $30, so I called the second and the employee said they had one left. Sped down to Gamestop and grabbed the last copy of Namco Virtual Arcade. It's great so far! :)

just picked up few games today. MLB Power Pros $4, Worms Open Warfar $8, Civilization Rev. $13, Castlevania Dracula Chronicles X $8 and Brothers in Arms LE (PS3) $20 :)

History Channel Civil War Secret Missions for the PS3 was $14.99 at both GS stores I hit up today even though front page says it's supposed to be $9.99. Bought it anyways I have been excited to try it.

Also snagged Facebreaker at $9.99 today too.

picked up namco museum. The store i went to had at least 6 or 7 copies left. Looked like the same amount from when the sale first started.

Noticed a few light scratches on the disk when I got home. Guess that's what happens when they open all the games.

bread's done
Back