Gamestop Game Days Sale June 2nd + 10% off coupon - LISTS ARE IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LISTS ARE IN - BIG UPS TP TAMMY P AND MASTER SHAKE

[quote name='Master Shake']ps3 official list
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
harry potter 00tp 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
timeshift 29.99
viking 29.99
virtua fighter 5 19.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

xbox 360

battlefield 19.99
battlestations midway 19.99
burnout revenge 19.99
command and conquer 19.99
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
fear 19.99
godfather 19.99
just cause 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
need for speed carbon 19.99
sega superstar tennis 14.99
sonic 14.99
timeshift 19.99
viking 29.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

wii official list

ben 10 14.99
fishing master 14.99
godfather 19.99
hot whees 19.99
house of dead 1 & 2 19.99 (17.99 with coupon) I think best deal
mario & sonic 29.99
mortal kombat 19.99
naruto 19.99
puppy luv 19.99
sega tennis 19.99
sims pet 2 19.99
sonic secret rings 19.99
sonic riders 19.99
super monkey 19.99
the bigs 19.99

pc games

diablo 2 lord of 9.99
dirty dancing (shure to sell a million) 9.99
guild wars eye of the north 14.99 (excellent price)
tabula rising collectors 29.99
tabula rising 14.99
warcraft 3 frozen throne 9.99
warcraft battlechest WOW ed 29.99
zoo tycoon complete 9.99

ds official list

atv/monter truck 9.99
baby pals 19.99
ben 10 14.99
dementium 14.99
digimon dawn 19.99
digimon dusk 19.99
diner dash 14.99
EA play ground 9.99
mario ans sonic 14.99
nervous breakdown 14.99
puppy luv 9.99
rafa tennis 19.99
sega tennis 14.99
sonic rush 14.99
super monkey ball 14.99
uno/ski o/ uno freefall 9.99
worms 2 9.99

PSP

after burner 19.99
atari evolved 9.99
ben 10 14.99
blitz 9.99
brave story 19.99
crazy taxi 19.99 - terible price in my opion
downstream panic 14.99
full auto 2 14.99
harvest moon 14.99
hot wheels ul racing 9.99
juiced 2 9.99
midway arcade ext plAY 9.99
MONTER HUNTER 2 - 19.99 *** BEST DEAL FOR SURE
mortal kombat deception - 9.99
sega collection - 14.99
sonic rivals - 14.99
street fighter alpha 3 max - 9.99 *** ok price
valhalla knights 19.99 - good price if you dont have it with 10% off coupon
worms 2 - 14.99

ps2

ace combat zero - 19.99
ben 10 14.99
cabelas alaskian 14.99
destroy all humans 1 0r 2 9.99
bragon ball z 3 19.99, 1 and 2 9.99
godzilla unleashed 19.99
hitman trilogy 19.99 - actullay really good price with extr 10% OFF FOR ALL 3 BRAND NEW GAMES
JAWS - 9.99
KATAMARI DAMACY - 9.99 AWSOME DEAL IF YOU GET SEALED
mortal k arma - 9.99
namco 50th 14.99
nicktoons unite 9.99
odin sperhe - 19.99 - can anyone argur with the 10% off coupon
scarface 9.99
sega gen collection 9.99
sega super star tenis 19.99
shadow the hedgehog 9.99
sonic heroes 9.99
sonic mega colection 9.99
sonic riders 9.99 (funny i think they just broke down the sonic 3 pack that was 29.99 for these
soul calibur 3 - 9.99
tomb raider legend - 9.99

umd list all are 4.99 - 4.49 with coupon
7 seconds
anacondas 2
are we there yet
bewitched
big hit
boogeyman
the cave
charlies agels
cowboy bebop
creatur comforts season 1
crouching tiger
dark crystal
deuce big europe
excorcism of emily
fifth elm
the fog 2005
fun with dick
godzilla
godzilla final wars
grudge
guess who
heavy metal
hellboy
hollow man
hostel
house of flying daggers
into the blue
joe dirt
kung fu hustle
labrynth
layer cake
legend of zorro
man of the house
mask of zorro
mirormask
not another teen movie - early Jamie pressly movie - she's soo hot
one upon mexico
rent
replacement killers
reidenr evil
RE apoc
richard pryor live
spider-man animated series
starship troopers
stealth
steamboy
stuart little 1 and 2 (both on one umd)
stuart 3
when a stranger calls
XXX state of un
you got served
zathura[/quote]

UPDATE: May 26

Yeah...still no list, BUT

CAGs have been mentioning lists received by stores and new price markings taking place. Its all a matter of us drilling employees for info or attaining the list.
-----------------------------------------------

Just noticed the Game days sale ad in the latest game informer. Last year's sale was pretty decent so its worth a thread. I'll try to post the ad and coupon later. Best part is the coupon doesn't say anything about being void if copied. No specifics yet on the sale.

"Hundreds of games and accessories up to 50% off"

Things to note:
- Should stack with edge (assuming there are used deals).
- Offer ends 6/30/08
- If you know the specifics, let us know!

Canada's Sale ( not known to be the same as the one here in the states)
http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here's the scan...

gamedays.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']High-res scan of coupon...

GDCoupon.jpg
[/quote]

Gamestop and EB have merged correct? If so, does this mean these deals will also be at EB? I ask because I have an EB but no GS.

[quote name='pure skill']Gamestop and EB have merged correct? If so, does this mean these deals will also be at EB? I ask because I have an EB but no GS.[/quote]

Yes.

PSP: I just realized that Monster Hunter 2 for the PSP is on the list and that is definitely going to be an awesome deal since the game is what $34.99 used or so (I can see trade in people going nuts with this)... Definitely going for that game as #1 priority. As for "Atari Evolved", I will get that at $9.99 mainly to play the enhanced versions of Warlords, Tempest, Battlezone, etc. For those interested in "Blitz" or even "Midway Arcade"...load times are bad on the PSP. I have not tried them on a newer slim PSP to see if the speed is much better though.

WII: House of Dead 1 & 2 tempting but I have the Dreamcast version... but played the DC version recently and noticed the light gun won't work on my 52"...so, maybe I'll have better luck with the Wii version. Also, want the Naruto.

XBOX 360: Some of these games you can get new or used cheaper elsewhere but "Condemned 2" at $29 isn't bad I guess but last year's "Condemned" was sweet when it was priced under $20 for the XB360 and PC versions.

PC: Guild Wars Eye of the North is a major deal. Last year they had a great deal for the first GW game, was hoping the other versions of GW would have gone on sale because I still don't want to pay $39.99 for it (was hoping Target would clearance them...but still not yet).

I'm guessing on the list "Tabula Rising" is supposed to be "Tabula Rasa". Great price...got it for the same price at a Target clearance. Interesting they are putting the Warcraft 3 expansion out again, especially since it's in the battlechest. Last year's sale was much more incredible with many sets (Kings Quest, Spacequest, Warcraft, etc.).

DS: "Dementium" was on my list but got that during the DS 25% sale a few weeks ago. Nothing else I want from the list.

PS2: Have most of the must-want games. "Odin Sphere" is a game that people should have in their collections. Hitman Trilogy is a cool deal for all three games (I have the PC version). Ace Combat Zero...wished it was cheaper... I've played so many that I've lost track of what I've owned/traded in...etc.

UMD: I regret not getting in on the deal last year. This year, I think I'll get a few... I'm glad they are being reoffered again. Going for the anime and animated titles and the Resident Evil films.

I just wish the xKai or whatever worked on the PSP without having to have extra hardware, I'd love to get into the Monster Hunter 2 online scene. There is like thousands of players playing that as we speak.

They take the game disc/manual out of the case and put it in a bag behind the counter, then put the case out on display. So it's not sealed essentially.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I usually pick up games on release date, so my games are almost never gutted. One time I bought Phantom Brave and it was gutted, so I asked for $10 off. I got it.

How does that work anyway? What if you buy a game "new" from them that was gutted, and return it? Don't you only get cash back if its still wrapped?[/quote]

What you can do [but most people don't know to ask] is ask them to shrink wrap it for ya... They will do so without hesitation unless the store is really crowded but as always you could always just refuse to buy it...

I am definently picking up the Sonic Mega Collection and Sega Genesis Collection. Does anyone know if Katamari Damacy is worth picking up if you have We Heart Katamari? If so I will probably pick it up as well.

[quote name='nitrosmob']I am definently picking up the Sonic Mega Collection and Sega Genesis Collection. Does anyone know if Katamari Damacy is worth picking up if you have We Heart Katamari? If so I will probably pick it up as well.[/quote]

Yes, Katamari Damacy is definately worth the $9.99 price tag.

I'm on the fence, but I saw Rez (PS2) in a $9.99 bin.. should I get it? I keep hearing how rare it is although I've heard the name, but do not even know what the game is about or know if I will like it... but the rarity is what has me on the fence.

The price that is listed is with 50% off.

Rez used to be rare but its been reprinted and there is a superior version available on XBLA, that being said I just checked the completed listings at eBay and it's going for like $30.00 - $40.00... the hell?

Rez seems like a cool game. The rarity dropped like crazy when it was released on the Xbox Live Arcade, and it's not worth that much anymore. Just buy it if you like the shooter/trippy games, but not for the rarity anymore.

Does Gamestop allow return - rebuys?

This could eliminate a gutted game on 6/2. Buy the game today and return/rebuy when the sale starts.

[quote name='bboyrealm']Anyone know if BB or WM PM to Gamestop/EB? I know BB won't PM to Gamecrazy.[/quote]

Shouldn't have a prob if there is an actual ad with the prices listed.

[quote name='bboyrealm']Anyone know if BB or WM PM to Gamestop/EB? I know BB won't PM to Gamecrazy.[/quote]

Lately Best Buy has stopped price matching Gamestop [atleast for me]... Been to 3 different Best Buy locations and all said they don't price match Gamestop anymore...

[quote name='donssword']That's high. Are you talking about new games or used?

Thats the equivalent of buying a bottle of wine for a friend, opening it for a drink, and putting the cork back in it and giving it to them -- sure u might get a nice buzz yourself, but it diminishes the gift.

But then of course, it is mighty nice of you to give so many gifts.[/QUOTE]

Either used or new. And it's not like I do this with everything. Just electronic stuff like games and DVDs.

[quote name='xcvmvcx']I'm on the fence, but I saw Rez (PS2) in a $9.99 bin.. should I get it? I keep hearing how rare it is although I've heard the name, but do not even know what the game is about or know if I will like it... but the rarity is what has me on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Only if it comes with the trance vibrator. You'll want to wash that really well, though. ;)

this is from the pickup list thread
[quote name='Rathiain']

And these I bought earlier at gamestop's b1g1 free sale[/quote]

Can anyone confirm this!?!?!?

Is there a regular newsletter 10% off coupon floating around?

edit: nm, found it.

[quote name='Apossum']Is there a regular newsletter 10% off coupon floating around?

edit: nm, found it.[/quote]

wait, where is this coupon? the one on the OP?

cuz i couldn't find the coupon in the gears of war issue of game informer at my borders...

Sega Genesis Collection, missed that one. Should nab that one too.

Question is every EB guaranteed to have every game on the list on Monday? My EB games usually have shit for stock and well I want Odin Sphere badly. I just want to know if I should plan to hunt for this game over the sale or not.

[quote name='swetooth9']wait, where is this coupon? the one on the OP?

cuz i couldn't find the coupon in the gears of war issue of game informer at my borders...[/quote]

I think in searching for the coupon I've seen that it is in the issue with GH4 on the cover which is the one on display at GS now.

[quote name='Shimrra']No gamecube love I see? I seen alot of GS with a huge stock GC games sitting there collecting dust.[/quote]

The GameDays sale is for "new" stock only. Most of these items actually get sent to GameStop explicitly for the sale. Some games (like Katamari and Odin Sphere) are even reprinted so that they can go on sale.

You'll need to wait until GameStop does one of their occasional B2G1 free sales if you want to pickup some used GCN games.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I don't think this has been asked, but I apologize if I've missed it.

The list says "Worms 2" is on sale. Does that mean Worms: Open Warfare 2?[/quote]

yes...i looked on gamefaqs and the only worms games on the DS is worms open warfare, and worms open warfare 2...so i'm guessing it's that one

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but in the master list, it has Tabula Rising under the PC games. It's actually Tabula Rasa.... yeah.....

To answer current questions...

No scan of a flyer exists yet, most likely due to the fact that stores haven't gotten flyers AT ALL for this sale as of yet, if at all (maybe one doesn't exist to stop PM?).

And expect a used B2G1F towards the tail-end of the month/sale.

BLEH!!! That list is as horrible as the crap they tried passing off on us last year. The only decent deal on there is Katamari Damacy for PS2 and I loathed that game after about 30 minutes.

Now, if the supposed b1g1 on Xbox games that I've heard about ends up being true, then I'll have something to celebrate, since the one local GS has both Mercenaries and Otogi in stock and complete, which I could get for $10.59 total.

I'm super psyched for tomorrow. I just talked with my local Gamestop and they're really chill guys. They set aside a few sealed copies of Odin Sphere for me.

Ok, how is this going to go down tomorrow? Are all of the sale items going to be in special display areas, or is it going to look like a typical day at Gamestop and I have to ask for the sale games? I guess I'll probably just bring a list of the games I want just in case its typical Gamestop where no one knows what the hell is going on.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm super psyched for tomorrow. I just talked with my local Gamestop and they're really chill guys. They set aside a few sealed copies of Odin Sphere for me.[/quote]

Damn. My local gamestop only has 4 copies, so although they are "chill" guys, there is no way they would set aside copies of Odin Sphere for me. You are lucky.

[quote name='InFlames215']Damn. My local gamestop only has 4 copies, so although they are "chill" guys, there is no way they would set aside copies of Odin Sphere for me. You are lucky.[/quote]

Yeah, I think so. I actually really like the employees at this Gamestop. I started going there recently after I found out about it and have been going ever since once I realized how nice and knowledgable they were. The manager is even a game collector.

I think I caught them right when they were about to gut the copies, too. He said they're still gutting one copy, but he'll put a few back in the display case for me.

And also, some Gamestops are still claiming that they don't have official lists yet, although they're pretty sure they know what games are on sale. That's kinda weird and last minute, isn't it?

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Ok, how is this going to go down tomorrow? Are all of the sale items going to be in special display areas, or is it going to look like a typical day at Gamestop and I have to ask for the sale games? I guess I'll probably just bring a list of the games I want just in case its typical Gamestop where no one knows what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE]

Last year, most stores threw everything into a bin with Game Days signs on it.

Hey everyone, does anyone know about if there will be any 360 Rechargeable Batteries kits on sale tomorrow? I was hoping for the ad scan today, but still nothing! Haha, maybe I'll swing by Gamestop today and see if I can find anything

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']this is from the pickup list thread

Can anyone confirm this!?!?!?[/quote]

Yeah, but it was just buy one used title get the second one (equal or lesser value) for free. This sale is different.

I just set my alarm for 9:30 in the morning (GS opens at 10:30 but it takes me 30 mins to get there). Hopefully I will get up at 9:30. I want my damn Odin Sphere, lol.

Question about the coupon in the gameinformer mag. Does the coupon work for 10% off every item on the receipt or just one item?

I am just curious so I can plan out how much cash I want to spend tomorrow if I see something else interesting :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back