GameStop Labor Day Sale

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Will the PUR coupons like "$5 off a preowned game" work with these? Sometimes they don't work with sale prices but I thought I'd ask about this one before redeeming one.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone answer this? I have a $10 coupon burning in my pocket

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware the GotY edition, once again, does not use the same save files as the vanilla edition.[/QUOTE]

It worked on mine?

Don't know if it's because I had already beaten the game or something but when I sold my vanilla edition and bought the GOTY, all of my riddler trophies and my story progression was already unlocked when I went to load the game for the first time...So it isn't the same the AA.

I have a $5 reward as well but I haven't found anything to try it on - if I do I'll let you knwo if it works.

EDIT: Just used my PUR $5 off $9.99 coupon for switching to digital GI in store - worked no problem, got RE:ORC for $13

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware the GotY edition, once again, does not use the same save files as the vanilla edition.[/QUOTE]

On 360 mine worked just fine

I'd trade in my vanilla AC for a GOTY in a heartbeat (terrible cover art and all) but the most recent TIV for Arkham City is 10 bucks....so is my math of getting around 16-17 bucks off?

EDIT: AH I see it's 15 for the 360 version, I have it for PS3...bummer

[quote name='Zhane']It worked on mine?

Don't know if it's because I had already beaten the game or something but when I sold my vanilla edition and bought the GOTY, all of my riddler trophies and my story progression was already unlocked when I went to load the game for the first time...So it isn't the same the AA.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the system. Arkham City save files on 360 transfer from vanilla to GOTY, but for some reason they don't on PS3. I've also noticed the menu's on PS3 GOTY are ridiculously laggy for some reason, (particularly the save menu, takes as long as 30 seconds between selecting my save file and loading up the main menu) though the game itself plays fine. I'm actually having to replay it now on PS3 because of that, I'd be very annoyed if not for that code that lets you change costumes at the start.

[quote name='wpress']I'd trade in my vanilla AC for a GOTY in a heartbeat (terrible cover art and all) but the most recent TIV for Arkham City is 10 bucks....so is my math of getting around 16-17 bucks off?

EDIT: AH I see it's 15 for the 360 version, I have it for PS3...bummer[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s/ref=tradeinavs?url=rh%3Dn%3A979418011%2Cn%3A14210751%26i%3Dvideogames-tradein%26bbn%3D979418011%26rnid%3D11846801&field-keywords=Arkham+city

Just trade it in to amazon, as you can see there the TIV is over $21 right now. It took them like 2 weeks to "process" my copy of Arkham City once they recieved it, but I finally got my $20 gift certificate just in time to put it towards a Hyrule Historia pre-order :D

Anyone know what's going on with Amazon's TIV for this game? The TIV for Arkham City vanilla on PS3 is a dollar or so higher than it was when Gamestop started this sale during Gamestock. And why is it so much higher than the GOTY edition?

Last edited:
For anybody that was looking at Kingdom Hearts DDD, and didn't want to pay tax and get free shipping, it seems Amazon lowered the price to 29.99 for the time being!

Got it there with no tax, so saved $1.80!

If you get a pre-owned copy of AC GOTY you can upgrade for $0.50 with the extra credit and 10% off preowned games from PUR. The DLC is on a second disc so you would still get it.

[quote name='Manifest95']That sounds like a great deal. How much is the trade in (I don't have a PUR membership)?[/QUOTE]

According to the GS TIV thread it's $15.

$15
$7.50 (%50)
$1.50 (PUR %10)

$24

Edit: More for PS3 apparently.

[quote name='weeman43302']If you get a pre-owned copy of AC GOTY you can upgrade for $0.50 with the extra credit and 10% off preowned games from PUR. The DLC is on a second disc so you would still get it.[/QUOTE]
The Batman Year One movie isn't though. I haven't gotten around to even downloading it yet though, so not sure if it's any good or not.

[quote name='rcerboss']The Batman Year One movie isn't though. I haven't gotten around to even downloading it yet though, so not sure if it's any good or not.[/QUOTE]
Batman Year One is flipping awesome. It's less a story about Batman and more about Commissioner Gordon when he was a detective though (if my memory is correct). Batman takes a back seat.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']does anyone have the trade in value for the vanilla arkham city for ps3? i really want to pick up the GOTY edition for cheap if possible[/QUOTE]

It gets like $4 at GS, but Best Buy is giving $16 (after 100% promo). Take it there and pm the AC GOTY price from GS.

[quote name='Mugatu']I have a $5 reward as well but I haven't found anything to try it on - if I do I'll let you knwo if it works.

EDIT: Just used my PUR $5 off $9.99 coupon for switching to digital GI in store - worked no problem, got RE:ORC for $13[/QUOTE]

how are you going to read it when you're in the can? :whistle2:|

A heads up for those looking to swap their vanilla copies of Batman: Arkham City (360) for the GOTY; Gamestop gimped the TIV to $11 base. Thus, if you have PUR and pay with credit to cover the difference, it ends up costing you $7.59. Plus tax if paying out of pocket.

@Zhane
Love the Red Hood pic hopefully they focus a game on him or even better bring him to the big screen TDKR style.

OP
You should put some of the games/prices in the title/OP

Went and picked up Kingdom Hearts DDD preowned yesterday. Rang up at sale price - $27. Used a $10 off coupon from the PUR catalog then used some credit I had to pick it up. So yes, you can use coupons and the like.

Fun game so far and the combat is probably my favorite of all the KH's but I'm not really liking the pace. It's slow and you're not really told where to go exactly and I find myself wandering around Traverse Town -_-

[quote name='Scorch']It gets like $4 at GS, but Best Buy is giving $16 (after 100% promo). Take it there and pm the AC GOTY price from GS.[/QUOTE]

Really? Someone posted getting $11 for the 360 version. It shouldn't vary much, but I recommend calling GS to get a quote. You'd get an extra 50% this weekend too

Hmmm. Should I buy ME3 here for 20 via trade-ins, buy it from Best Buy later and hope with the coupon it drops to 10, or buy it from Gamefly for 15??? Choices, choices.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Hmmm. Should I buy ME3 here for 20 via trade-ins, buy it from Best Buy later and hope with the coupon it drops to 10, or buy it from Gamefly for 15??? Choices, choices.[/QUOTE]

If you're going too buy it for $20 might as well buy it from best buy. It's $20 with coupon and you could always price match later.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Hmmm. Should I buy ME3 here for 20 via trade-ins, buy it from Best Buy later and hope with the coupon it drops to 10, or buy it from Gamefly for 15??? Choices, choices.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. Just buy it. Best Game Ever. Started another playthough today.

[quote name='mrclutch']Doesn't matter. Just buy it. Best Game Ever. Started another playthough today.[/QUOTE]

Yeap. Have to agree with them. Don't let the shit talk about the endings get to you

[quote name='Olengie']Yeap. Have to agree with them. Don't let the shit talk about the endings get to you[/QUOTE]

But the endings do suck (or did) I wouldn't say it ruins an otherwise amazing game but it does disappoint and id even argue it makes what could have been a ten into a nine. Imo anyway

[quote name='Zhane']It worked on mine?

Don't know if it's because I had already beaten the game or something but when I sold my vanilla edition and bought the GOTY, all of my riddler trophies and my story progression was already unlocked when I went to load the game for the first time...So it isn't the same the AA.[/QUOTE]

GotY did not recognize my save file, acted like I had never played it & I didn't erase my file or anything.

Edit: I played it on PS3.

[quote name='sodapopinski']A heads up for those looking to swap their vanilla copies of Batman: Arkham City (360) for the GOTY; Gamestop gimped the TIV to $11 base. Thus, if you have PUR and pay with credit to cover the difference, it ends up costing you $7.59. Plus tax if paying out of pocket.[/QUOTE]
How are you getting it for $7.59? The 360 tiv for ac vanilla is $11 + 50% + 10% = $17.6. $30 - $17.6 = $12.4. So how do you get $12.4 down to $7.59?

[quote name='Olengie']Yeap. Have to agree with them. Don't let the shit talk about the endings get to you[/QUOTE]

i actually enjoyed the ending after i thought about it. but then again i THOUGHT about it and in that context there is some sense to it. i think i simply approached the ending from a different perspective.

[quote name='PublikDefender']How are you getting it for $7.59? The 360 tiv for ac vanilla is $11 + 50% + 10% = $17.6. $30 - $17.6 = $12.4. So how do you get $12.4 down to $7.59?[/QUOTE]
he probly meant pre owned goty 27.99*0.9-17.6=7.591

[quote name='superxgaga']he probly meant pre owned goty 27.99*0.9-17.6=7.591[/QUOTE]

hmm for 7.59 thats less than DLC that I want to play. May go there on my way to TRU tomorrow

[quote name='Kaiser499']Heroes of Ruin worth getting?[/QUOTE]

The demo didn't leave a good impression.

[quote name='kayne2000']i actually enjoyed the ending after i thought about it. but then again i THOUGHT about it and in that context there is some sense to it. i think i simply approached the ending from a different perspective.[/QUOTE]
I think the endings are good, my complaint, and what I think is what most who were disappointed feel, is that your choices over the game do not impact the endings at all. Just the galactic readiness meter.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I think the endings are good, my complaint, and what I think is what most who were disappointed feel, is that your choices over the game do not impact the endings at all. Just the galactic readiness meter.[/QUOTE]

thats where i disagree. i look at it from the perspective that the fun of the game was the choices you made. and that....
You realize at the end of your life its your experiences that matter...and starchild was trying to find a successor. so now that you are his successor how do you let those experiences effect that decision. so imagine you have lived your whole life, you are now standing atop the universe with essentially God and God is saying based on what you just went through what is YOUR decision as My Heir? try your own way and let them either live all together or just let one of them live? do My way and kill everyone but the reapers? furthermore the story is based around a repeating cycle so there has to be a new heir at some point....so you see if one uses a little imagination your choices do impact that decision as based on what you went through would determine what you decide....

yea i know you said you liked it but i just thought i'd share why i liked it.

EDIT:

i will say i havent played the new DLC ending i hear is out....but if there is one thing i have learned over the years its when writers listen to fans for creating story arcs and endings 97% of the time what comes of that is terrible and far worse than what was there originally. in short never ever listen to the fans when it comes to writing a story. if youve ever tried to find intelligent conversation in youtube comments this is basically the pool of intelligence you would be pooling ideas from because no matter the forum it will turn into a spitting contest on par with youtube comments.

[quote name='kayne2000']thats where i disagree. i look at it from the perspective that the fun of the game was the choices you made. and that....
You realize at the end of your life its your experiences that matter...and starchild was trying to find a successor. so now that you are his successor how do you let those experiences effect that decision. so imagine you have lived your whole life, you are now standing atop the universe with essentially God and God is saying based on what you just went through what is YOUR decision as My Heir? try your own way and let them either live all together or just let one of them live? do My way and kill everyone but the reapers? furthermore the story is based around a repeating cycle so there has to be a new heir at some point....so you see if one uses a little imagination your choices do impact that decision as based on what you went through would determine what you decide....

yea i know you said you liked it but i just thought i'd share why i liked it.

EDIT:

i will say i havent played the new DLC ending i hear is out....but if there is one thing i have learned over the years its when writers listen to fans for creating story arcs and endings 97% of the time what comes of that is terrible and far worse than what was there originally. in short never ever listen to the fans when it comes to writing a story. if youve ever tried to find intelligent conversation in youtube comments this is basically the pool of intelligence you would be pooling ideas from because no matter the forum it will turn into a spitting contest on par with youtube comments.[/QUOTE]
When I said they were good, I was taking into account the updated endings. The ones before I thought were pretty bad, just way too vague and short.

Your choices really don't matter. Heck, the Rachni show up even if you killed them off in the first game. Sure you can use imagination to say they did, but Bioware had a chance to do something really great, but lowered it to 4 predetermined endings that are all the same regardless of what you've accomplished over the three games. The updated endings are much better, I will admit. EDI's narrative during the synthesis ending is pretty fantastic.

[quote name='TheHelix']Went to my 2 local Gamestops and none of them had ME3 CE.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be everywhere around me via online tracker, this hasn't dropped has it?

[quote name='Kaiser499']Heroes of Ruin worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I think it is very much worth getting. The demo did nothing for me but I think the actual game is great. Also if you have the XL it is a much better experience for this game. Since its top down and kind of zoomed out everything fits better on the XL.

It was posted earlier in another thread that :360: Mass Effect 3: CE was converted to used and was going for $18.99 just like the recent :ps3: Uncharted 3: CE was.

I took advantage of their 50% more trade-in credit sale today and picked up Guild Wars 2 without paying a dime. I love that sale.

[quote name='Jackhole85']Hey, does anybody know if this sale will be going on all week or just tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Id like to know too.. its actually a pretty shitty sale but i wanted to PM the lollipop chainsaw price @ BB. I was wondering if had to do it tomorow or if I could wait

^_^x KD

Walked into GS, thought about buying ME3 for 10 minutes and walked out. I haven't even touched ME2 yet, and it'll probably drop to $20 MSRP by the end of the year....

My 11 year old daughter bought Theatrhythm at GS the other day when she was with her Mom after I told her GS had it for $10 off. When she told me I gave her a big hug and said I was proud of her for being a responsible shopper and saving $10. I held back on calling her a cheap ass since she's only 11.

[quote name='omyard']My 11 year old daughter bought Theatrhythm at GS the other day when she was with her Mom after I told her GS had it for $10 off. When she told me I gave her a big hug and said I was proud of her for being a responsible shopper and saving $10. I held back on calling her a cheap ass since she's only 11.[/QUOTE]

There will be time for that later in her life :D

SI

Ah darn, missed the Theatrythmn deal by a day. I PM'd the 3DS XL deal at Best Buy and they just took $40 off, and now that is was down to $30 once, I can't bring myself to pay $40. I did get Kid Icarus for $15 though, so at least I have something to try!

bread's done
Back