Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really worth it unless you have a ton of free time. They pay you in Monopoly money where $75 of e-opinions bucks redeems for $25 gift cards at GameStop. Average survey is for $4 and takes 16-20 minutes. They’re basically paying you like $5 an hour for the most monotonous work possible
Many many moons ago their Monopoly money was worth more ($50 for $25). Ever since they made that change I lost interest.

Sounds like I'd do better begging in the parking lot in front of gamestop.

"Please sir, do you have any money? I'm sick and poor and need a video game.

No YOU don't understand. I have no video games."

Sounds like I'd do better begging in the parking lot in front of gamestop.
Joking aside, there's a young homeless guy, no older than 18 or so, that's been lurking outside one of the GameStops I frequent. It's sad seeing him kinda creeping at the store from outside.

Be honest (those who would know) -- an employee who says "our system is down" is actually saying "you're shady and we don't want your business here--try the Gamestop over in the ghetto" correct?   Two recent visits to two separate locations around lunch time have told me this.   The conspiracy theorist in me feels like it's more than just a coincidence.  

Be honest (those who would know) -- an employee who says "our system is down" is actually saying "you're shady and we don't want your business here--try the Gamestop over in the ghetto" correct? Two recent visits to two separate locations around lunch time have told me this. The conspiracy theorist in me feels like it's more than just a coincidence.
No they’re not lying. GS system and site sucks. Maybe blackbeard can help them 😁

yeah i check the app and then the box. some times the prices glitch and you can get the game or movie cheaper. on ether one.

for red box

I have never done credit and cash. What are the limits when you are using both? I know the individual limits. Anybody used both?

The $500 cash limit should be higher considering they openly advertise get up to $500 for your smartphone. So if you trade in a smartphone and literally anything else for cash then you are automatically trade banned. It just doesn't seem very realistic to have $500 as the current cash cap.

The $500 cash limit should be higher considering they openly advertise get up to $500 for your smartphone. So if you trade in a smartphone and literally anything else for cash then you are automatically trade banned. It just doesn't seem very realistic to have $500 as the current cash cap.
I feel like the trade limit is a little different on cash trades. if you trade in 3 copies of the same game on different days for cash the system may see that a little differently with it being cash. Not 100% sure but just throwing in my 2 cents.

Leave it to GameStop lol

When I found out I was trade banned the key holder on duty remarked how guys who came in that worked for phone companies and traded in phones always had the same issue

I feel like the trade limit is a little different on cash trades. if you trade in 3 copies of the same game on different days for cash the system may see that a little differently with it being cash. Not 100% sure but just throwing in my 2 cents.
I traded in 3 copies of the same game with 4 different titles for cash to 3 different stores on Monday. My account isn't banned. "Policy" is just that. The company isn't nearly as connected as you would expect it to be but I'm not going to get into specific details on here.

Went to two GameStops today to trade in my PS4 to upgrade to pro. First GameStop rejected my controller, which had a slight amount of damage (the seam on the right handle connecting the two main pieces of plastic had become slightly separated in a fit of Rocket League rage). Drove to another GameStop nearby at the mall and the guy accepted it after a quick inspection and I got my full $170.

As a side note, perhaps it's not coincidental that the mall GameStop is a little bit darker, whereas the one that rejected it had full daylight coming in through the windows. 

Just wanted to share. 

Went to two GameStops today to trade in my PS4 to upgrade to pro. First GameStop rejected my controller, which had a slight amount of damage (the seam on the right handle connecting the two main pieces of plastic had become slightly separated in a fit of Rocket League rage). Drove to another GameStop nearby at the mall and the guy accepted it after a quick inspection and I got my full $170.

As a side note, perhaps it's not coincidental that the mall GameStop is a little bit darker, whereas the one that rejected it had full daylight coming in through the windows.

Just wanted to share.
Thanks

Trading in an iPhone 8 or X gets you banned on the spot. What a company.
The straw that breaks the camel's back is the subsequent trade within 30 days of that trade, not that trade itself. Have gone over $500 cash (closer to $600 actually) in a 30 day rolling period, 2 years ago, and was fine.

Now I'm confused. If an individual trade within 30 rolling days lands you over that $2k total TIC threshold, will you be okay?

This was all within a 30 day period (all TIC, no cash trades):

6/30/2017: $233.75 (Trade #1)

6/30/2017: $251.50 (Trade #2)

6/30/2017: $243.00 (Trade #3)

6/30/2017: $234.60 (Trade #4)

7/1/2017: $935.55 (Trade #5)

7/29/2017: $226.00 (Trade #6)

7/29/2017: $250.65 (Trade #7)

7/29/2017: $472.20 (Trade #8)

Was it trade #6 (which put me at $2124.40) or trade #7 (total is irrelevant as it's >$2k) that got me banned? The way I would think it works is if you take one step over the threshold you're fine (one trade past the $2k threshold), but if you take another step beyond that then you're banned (two or more trades past the $2k theshold). I only ask because I went over $500 cash two years ago (within a 30 day rolling period as well) and was fine. I don't have the info, but I am wondering if I was at $500, and I was fine because I had only done ONE additional trade past the threshold instead of 2 or more (assuming the 2 or more trades were all on the same day, since it looks like you're not banned til the next business day, after the offending trade or trades).

Seems like I have read about a few people going over $500 cash or $2k credit and being fine.

Just redeemed a reward certificate and even though it shows a 3/31 expiration date once you get the coupon it has a 4/30 expiration date.

Also I found this on the PowerUp Rewards Site, is double point day 2 days now? 

[attachment=30039:double.png]

Also I found this on the PowerUp Rewards Site, is double point day 2 days now?

attachicon.gif
double.png
Yes. Don't have to wait an extra day to pick up GoW now.

That is unless you wanted to pick it up tonight
But then wouldn't you miss out on the $40 Guaranteed TIV coupon since today isn't 4/20?

Get $40 Guaranteed When you trade God of War as a PowerUp Rewards Member

Offer valid with the purchase of a new copy of God of War game from 4/20/18 - 4/22/18. Coupon will be delivered on 4/22/18. Coupon valid 4/21/18 - 5/22/18. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

But then wouldn't you miss out on the $40 Guaranteed TIV coupon since today isn't 4/20?
I imagine if you pick it up tonight you'll still get the coupon. I am not too worried about it myself because I doubt I will trade God of War in within the timeframe for the promotion.

I was going to ask that as well. Since your technically picking up after Thursday has ended it should count as a purchase for Friday correct?

I was going to ask that as well. Since your technically picking up after Thursday has ended it should count as a purchase for Friday correct?
I was mainly referring to 9pm purchases, as my local store has been doing those for "midnight" releases rather than waiting until 12am. I suppose if the POS considers any purchases after 9pm on a given day to count towards the following day's transactions, it could count as a 4/20 transaction.

I was mainly referring to 9pm purchases, as my local store has been doing those for "midnight" releases rather than waiting until 12am. I suppose if the POS considers any purchases after 9pm on a given day to count towards the following day's transactions, it could count as a 4/20 transaction.
From what I understand almost all of the stores are doing releases at 9 PM now. Having worked at Gamestop in the past this great for everyone involved, those midnight releases sucked as an employee especially when you were also hyped for the game and had to stay till about 1 AM sometimes later depending on the turnout.

I am so hyped for God of War I cancelled my Best Buy order to pick it up tonight at Gamestop even though I will only be able to play it for a few hours tonight. I went in yesterday to pay my pre-order off and also pick Wild Guns Reloaded for Switch and they told me they would be giving tickets to customers out at 6 PM for the 9 PM release tonight.

The other issue is that you can’t pay it off beforehand today and will have to wait in the unpaid line at 9:00 pm (definitely not a 4/20 purchase so coupon and double points are ymmv)

Stupid question I’m sure but I got a B2G1 for upgrading from Pro to Elite and wondered if it’s for multiple sets or only 1? Also is it in store only?

Need some advice - I'm in CA so I could get ~$20 for AC: O on PS4 after the 70% boost but this feels a bit low. Better off trading now or waiting for a stealth bump after the promo is over?

Well this is an interesting development:

GET $50 EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE YOUR XBOX ONE, PS4, OR NINTENDO SWITCH TOWARDS GOD OF WAR

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 4/22/18.

Well this is an interesting development:

GET $50 EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE YOUR XBOX ONE, PS4, OR NINTENDO SWITCH TOWARDS GOD OF WAR
Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 4/22/18.
They both say cannot be combined with another offer though.

They both say cannot be combined with another offer though.
What other offer are you talking about? The boosted PS4/XB1 values are already reflected in the system... The guaranteed trade in value for GOW would not be affected either.

What other offer are you talking about? The boosted PS4/XB1 values are already reflected in the system... The guaranteed trade in value for GOW would not be affected either.
I assume they won't stack the $80 current console trade bonus and the $50 bonus for trading towards God of War? Unless I'm missing something?

I better not be because I just traded my PS4 yesterday.

I assume they won't stack the $80 current console trade bonus and the $50 bonus for trading towards God of War? Unless I'm missing something?

I better not be because I just traded my PS4 yesterday.
there is no $80 bonus, its just built into the base values, so the $50 will stack fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back