Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is an interesting development:

GET $50 EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE YOUR XBOX ONE, PS4, OR NINTENDO SWITCH TOWARDS GOD OF WAR

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 4/22/18.
Wish this included PS3, would love to dump this PS3, but I am thinking I should just get the $50 it's worth now before they drop it lower. Doesn't seem like they will be running any promotions on last gen consoles anymore.

Need some advice - I'm in CA so I could get ~$20 for AC: O on PS4 after the 70% boost but this feels a bit low. Better off trading now or waiting for a stealth bump after the promo is over?
Well the game is only $30 right now so I'd say getting $20 is a good deal. Don't think it will go up more unless they raise the game price back up.

Well the game is only $30 right now so I'd say getting $20 is a good deal. Don't think it will go up more unless they raise the game price back up.
$20 after a 70% bonus is still terrible for ACO
$20 isn't bad. Like Xenozfan pointed out it's $30 new right now and even less if you have GCU. It will probably get a slight value bump at some point, but I doubt it'll be worth much more than it currently is. I personally don't think it would be worth trading for $20 myself, but I wouldn't say it's terrible.

Finally I feel good about trading in my white Pro for the GoW Pro. I'm going to start packing it up now. With the 2x points and this promo, I'm a little giddy. :)
yeah, especially with the $400 price point on the god of war bundle, if you figure $60 for the game its basically spending $50 to upgrade to a newer console, plus the double points will be 35k+

Do you receive points for cash trades too?  Was thinking of doing some cash trades for the first time ever, so I was just curious if I should wait to get the double points.  Thanks!

Switch systems are still virtually untradeable right? Can’t keep your purchases or even your save files if you don’t system transfer.

Nothing on the docket for NS interests me until they’ll likely have their XL system. And even though I’m playing Zelda on Wii U I still wouldn’t wanna lose all my stuff.

Do you receive points for cash trades too? Was thinking of doing some cash trades for the first time ever, so I was just curious if I should wait to get the double points. Thanks!
i got points for a recent cash trade in, i dont know if the double points would be one of those promos that doesnt stack with cash trades or not though

Switch systems are still virtually untradeable right? Can’t keep your purchases or even your save files if you don’t system transfer.

Nothing on the docket for NS interests me until they’ll likely have their XL system. And even though I’m playing Zelda on Wii U I still wouldn’t wanna lose all my stuff.
Yep on the save files :( There's hope that once they start charging for online, they'll have some type of cloud save system. You're correct that the only thing you can do right now is system transfer.

However, you DO keep all your purchases - just make sure you go into the eshop and unlink your account first. You can link a new system and have access to all your purchases :)

Yep on the save files :( There's hope that once they start charging for online, they'll have some type of cloud save system. You're correct that the only thing you can do right now is system transfer.

However, you DO keep all your purchases - just make sure you go into the eshop and unlink your account first. You can link a new system and have access to all your purchases :)
Save transfers are now a thing thanks to the switch hacking scene. They said it'll be implemented in the summer. I'm assuming after cfw is released.

Double points on Saturday > $80 guaranteed TIC for PS3 towards PS4 Pro GoW bundle > $50 bonus for trading switch/PS4/X1 towards GoW (game only) > trade both copies of GoW back in before 5/22/18 (get most return with probable trade promo).

I dunno if the system is gonna have any issues doing this. Could go to 2 separate stores, but would rather do it in 1 transaction.

Double points on Saturday > $80 guaranteed TIC for PS3 towards PS4 Pro GoW bundle > $50 bonus for trading switch/PS4/X1 towards GoW (game only) > trade both copies of GoW back in before 5/22/18 (get most return with probable trade promo).

I dunno if the system is gonna have any issues doing this. Could go to 2 separate stores, but would rather do it in 1 transaction.
I'm hoping this is a typo on their part, because who wants to trade in a console towards the purchase of a game? Usually the promos are trade in a console for $X bonus towards a new console.

I'm hoping this is a typo on their part, because who wants to trade in a console towards the purchase of a game? Usually the promos are trade in a console for $X bonus towards a new console.
Ps35tFv.png

People that have multiple unused consoles. If only this included 3DS....

Yeah I read that...

I'm still hoping it's just poor wording on their part.
Yeah sorry, just reread your post. This will be great, as this could allow for some great console trades (since values are good til 4/22). We may only have Friday to take advantage of it, if it's actually valid, as I'm sure somebody will post it to reddit/slickdeals/whatever and get the deal killed.

Dont forget double points Fri and Sat

People that have multiple unused consoles laying around.
Well yes, but who other than people in this thread and dealers of various types have that type of inventory to trade in?

I just got off the phone with my home store's SL and she said it SHOULD be a trade towards the PS4 Pro bundle, but nothing definite though. While they have them available for pickup tonight, I'll wait for tomorrow to see if I get the coupon for $40 for the game by buying the bundle (AND double points).

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

Says it's "new" in the condition field, and doesn't say anything else in the ad besides their phone #. Asked for a pic of the receipt, haven't heard back, but this just seems too good to be true.

Are we expecting that there will be no GoW dlc as there is no season pass included in any of the bundles?
There is a Deluxe Edition but it looks like it doesn't come with any game-based content. Only soundtrack, themes, etc.

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

Says it's "new" in the condition field, and doesn't say anything else in the ad besides their phone #. Asked for a pic of the receipt, haven't heard back, but this just seems too good to be true.
Probably, but I can see that the box is open so "open" must be the new "new."

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

How many thieves steal the original boxes along with a console and a game? I'd trust this over a console missing a controller and other accessories, or a game with no case.

The carpet also looks well cleaned and cared for... I'd say this is just someone who doesn't realize or care about the value of the console.

This is surely stolen?

9CJswTw.png

The mafia stole a truckload of gaming hardware and software. Now they're trying to unload it. If there's plastic on the couch/floor you're in trouble.

I had 4 preorders at one particular store (inlcuding the XB1 X "information request" preorder)...all disappeared from my account today.  But the single preorder I have at a different store is still there.  This happen to anyone else? 

My Yakuza 6 premium edition arrived today. Total out of pocket cost ~$16.

I learned that

1) you can only use a maximum of 2 certs online which means a maximum of $75 off a single online item.

2)although the certs T&C indicate value shipping only, free 2 day shipping for elite PUR still worked.

3) If an online transaction fails to complete and you receive an error, credit cards do not get charged, but paypal does.

Hope those notes help somebody.

I had 4 preorders at one particular store (inlcuding the XB1 X "information request" preorder)...all disappeared from my account today. But the single preorder I have at a different store is still there. This happen to anyone else?
All my already delivered and picked up orders are gone (idk why they were there for months), one of my preorders for Ni No Kuni is gone even though I never picked it up, and my paid-in-full Dark Souls remastered for Switch is gone too. Hopefully just a problem with the app...

I had 4 preorders at one particular store (inlcuding the XB1 X "information request" preorder)...all disappeared from my account today. But the single preorder I have at a different store is still there. This happen to anyone else?
Yes, including Dark Souls Remastered for Switch. I paid $5 down on it too. Anyone know how I can get the $5 back if it was trade card I used up?

Similar here. All of my preorders were at the same store. 3 total. X1X is gone (good riddance). Switch Dark Souls Remastered is gone. GoW still there.

Switch Dark Souls Remastered got its release date pushed back but was there yesterday with an indefinite release date.

Luckily I still have all my reciepts.

Yes, including Dark Souls Remastered for Switch. I paid $5 down on it too. Anyone know how I can get the $5 back if it was trade card I used up?
They just put it on whatever card you want to swipe (or a new one), or you can use it towards something right then.

Tempted to trade in Xbox one s for $190 towards GOW. Picking up the PS4 Pro GOW bundle, but also want the double points. What are people doing?

Yes I just noticed all my preorders are missing too. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back