Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd definitely take care of your ps3 sooner than later, mine is a graphics nightmare if I try to use it now, even the XMB icons are skewed all over the place :\
Someone sold it on Letgo for 20 bucks which was a killer deal. I don't know if I will ever play PS2 games again but I couldn't pass it up.

Is the 4 for 20 still going on and does it work in store? I am thinking about dropping my OG Xbox One since the trade value is so high and maybe jump on getting a Vita or a PS3 which I regret letting go.
Yes it is still live in store, just did it last night.

When did GameStop stop caring about the :xb1: Elite console and start treating it like a regular :xb1: console?
I wonder if it is a mistake because I am pretty sure the basic Xbox one console was $80 the other day. Maybe people don't like the elite bundles that much. The employee working today said the consoles usually sell within a few days so they are really short on most consoles.

I wonder if it is a mistake because I am pretty sure the basic Xbox one console was $80 the other day. Maybe people don't like the elite bundles that much. The employee working today said the consoles usually sell within a few days so they are really short on most consoles.
The One S was $80 as well, so I can see why someone wouldn’t trade for that amount, causing a shortage in inventory. $140 base is much more appealing.

So I have a buy2g1 coupon and I'm trying to do the math here but if I buy 6 switch games to flip right back how am I still loosing money with the trade bumps right now what but am I missing?

Looks like there's a new promotion. Says it's valid from 3/23 - 4/24. 

GET UP TO 40% CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD XBOX, PLAYSTATION, AND ITUNES CURRENCY CARDS TO USE WHEN YOU PLAY FORTNITE

Looks like there's a new promotion. Says it's valid from 3/23 - 4/24.

GET UP TO 40% CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD XBOX, PLAYSTATION, AND ITUNES CURRENCY CARDS TO USE WHEN YOU PLAY FORTNITE
Looks like an actual promotion I could be interested in. Finally!
Well once I find out all the details and fine print for "up to 40%"

We were talking about it in the Indie thread, The Inner World - The Last Wind Monk is marked down to $9.99 and appears to be new stock converted to preowned stock

Is there a good chance the Xbox one console values hold until tomorrow? Got to Gamestop and forgot my wallet and now its too late to go back.

Just got $165 for my Xbox one s, pretty awesome deal. I also saw little handouts saying what they take for trade ins and ti calculators were on the list, thought that was interesting. I asked what they trade for and the guy had no idea.

So I have a buy2g1 coupon and I'm trying to do the math here but if I buy 6 switch games to flip right back how am I still loosing money with the trade bumps right now what but am I missing?
Bump was 3/18 & 3/19. Values are crap right now. Even so, I'm guessing you don't have the 50% switch trade coupon, so your options are a) $20 extra tic w/ 3+ games, b) $10 extra on select switch games, or c) 40% extra tic w/ preorder of select games.

I would wait til 4/4 to trade games, if that promo happens.

Really wish that they sill made Kinect Adapters. Bought my One X right around when they stopped manufacturing them, planned on unloading my  Day One OG console when the promos were right. Not willing to give up D4, Zoo Tycoon, and Dance Central, so I guess I'm a two Xbox One guy who barely even plays it compared to my PS4 and Switch.

I’m super sad about the Kinect too. Just upgraded to the X Last week and took my 500gb VCR model Xbox in to gamestop today for the $165 trade credit. I’m really going to miss voice controls and I had a couple of Kinect games I still wanted to play, most notably Fantasia. Played a little bit of it and it was pretty awesome. Not awesome enough to pass up that trade value though. That’s more than they go for on eBay even before fees and it would be a tough sell locally for that price. And the value will only go down from here. I barely regret my decision. I did keep my Kinect though just in case I stumble on an adapter cheap somewhere

Wow.........I'm about to dump my Xbox s tomorrow if the value holds. I can play cuphead on pc so no loss there since thats the only game i care about on the box

Even with the coupon I'm currently just holding. There will be better promos on Switch games, Gamestop is starving for inventory.

Bump was 3/18 & 3/19. Values are crap right now. Even so, I'm guessing you don't have the 50% switch trade coupon, so your options are a) $20 extra tic w/ 3+ games, b) $10 extra on select switch games, or c) 40% extra tic w/ preorder of select games.

I would wait til 4/4 to trade games, if that promo happens.

I’m super sad about the Kinect too. Just upgraded to the X Last week and took my 500gb VCR model Xbox in to gamestop today for the $165 trade credit. I’m really going to miss voice controls and I had a couple of Kinect games I still wanted to play, most notably Fantasia. Played a little bit of it and it was pretty awesome. Not awesome enough to pass up that trade value though. That’s more than they go for on eBay even before fees and it would be a tough sell locally for that price. And the value will only go down from here. I barely regret my decision. I did keep my Kinect though just in case I stumble on an adapter cheap somewhere
Wow those adapters have bids for 75 dollars on ebay. I have one sitting here I never even use. I bought my kinect after getting my xbox and never even used it for one game. If someone is looking for the adapter let me know and maybe we can work something out for a fair price or trade.

Can you still get free shipping at gamestop? I was going to buy the Witcher 3 Complete for xb1 online since the store I traded in my console at didn’t have any. Thought the go to code was “saver”, but that comes up invalid

Can you still get free shipping at gamestop? I was going to buy the Witcher 3 Complete for xb1 online since the store I traded in my console at didn’t have any. Thought the go to code was “saver”, but that comes up invalid
General consensus is that free shipping is only if you are PUR Elite and on orders over $35.

Wow those adapters have bids for 75 dollars on ebay. I have one sitting here I never even use. I bought my kinect after getting my xbox and never even used it for one game. If someone is looking for the adapter let me know and maybe we can work something out for a fair price or trade.
Send me a pm with what you had in mind. I’m not prepared to pay eBay prices though. It would have made more sense to just keep the old console

I picked up a used Kinect holiday season 2016 for $17.99 I think. I only ever used it in FH3 to talk to Anna.

Gonna trade it today assuming it gets a bit of boost trading it towards FC5.

Wasn't interested in paying $40+ for the adapter. Some day I will likely get a XBox X which it doesn't work with.

jCSt5WY.png

4/$12 came in, all legit. 

Edit: Aww yiss page 420 

For the people trading in Xbox Ones, are you replacing them with a Xbox One X or just giving up on them in general? Just wanting to know why so many people are trading them in, besides the high TIV.

For the people trading in Xbox Ones, are you replacing them with a Xbox One X or just giving up on them in general? Just wanting to know why so many people are trading them in, besides the high TIV.
I have a X and just bought the Limited Edition Minecraft 1tb S for my kids for $249. The XB1s I'm trading in is from the target glitch so I only paid $162. So getting $165 today is a no brainer.

Bought my One S on Craigslist for $160 around the time it came out. Between the $165 TIV, PUR points, and some TiC, I’ll upgrade to the X1X at no cost.

I'd trade mine in with the knowledge that soon the pre owned base model XB1 will be under $100.

I traded my original xb1 after getting in on a pretty sick deal on an X from eBay via antonline. $368 for brand new console plus extra new controller minus $56 cash back. Once I get the cash back and sell the extra controller it will be sub $300 for the X. Factor in the trade that I got yesterday and it’s only ~$100 to upgrade

Giving up on it. Most of my friends jumped ship to PS4 during the initial upgrade to the new gen - which I also have. Not to mention it’s been reallly used as not much more than a glorified streaming box on my end. I moved my PS4 to the living room at the beginning of the year and my Xbox has sat dormant since.

Yeah, as much as the TiV for the XB1S would be a wash for how much I paid for it, I have zero plans to get a XB1X and would rather keep the S just to have a UHD player around. What a wasted purchase. I use it just as much as my Wii U, which is not very much outside of one or two games.

Does it matter if I renew my pro in the app or in store to get the b2g1 coupon? Planning to do it 2 times and get elite to obtain a total of 3 b2g1 coupons. Also several folks confirmed the b2g1 works on multiple sets?

Does it matter if I renew my pro in the app or in store to get the b2g1 coupon? Planning to do it 2 times and get elite to obtain a total of 3 b2g1 coupons. Also several folks confirmed the b2g1 works on multiple sets?
Yeah I can confirm, but don’t ask, just scan it.

Yeah, as much as the TiV for the XB1S would be a wash for how much I paid for it, I have zero plans to get a XB1X and would rather keep the S just to have a UHD player around. What a wasted purchase. I use it just as much as my Wii U, which is not very much outside of one or two games.
Same here, I literally only use it for the UHD Player. That said, I got it during GameStop's tech trade deal a while back so I paid next to nothing for it. No reason for me to get an X though.

You're saying the wasted purchase is your Xbox One S even though you can trade it in right now and break even? I'm in the same boat. I seldom play my Xbox One but I like that it can store a ton of 360 games. I've been tempted to swap it in for a PS4 when it goes on sale again, but the decreased offerings for PS+ next year and the fact that it needs PS+ at all to backup saves to the cloud means it will probably cost me more money in the long run. Kind of like how I bought my 360 first because it was cheaper but the PS3 ended up costing me less over a decade since online was free then.

Refurb fee my @ss for Redbox games traded in with the sticker. Bought this during the 4/$20 sale and this was delivered last night...keep an eye out for these.[attachment=29884:22A36E40-461D-4206-BA75-F57138607814.jpeg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back