Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
For the people trading in Xbox Ones, are you replacing them with a Xbox One X or just giving up on them in general? Just wanting to know why so many people are trading them in, besides the high TIV.
I traded in my Xbox One launch model back in January. I didn't use it much, even though I preferred it over PS4, because all my gaming friends were primarily on PS4. Based on where Microsoft is headed, it looked like most games I'd want to play would be offered on PC in the future (I have a decent gaming rig, though it's getting long in the tooth). I ended up also trading in my launch PS4 for a PS4 Pro. If the Xbox One X prices ever drop or it has an amazing deal, I would definitely think about grabbing one, just definitely not for over $400.

Does it matter if I renew my pro in the app or in store to get the b2g1 coupon? Planning to do it 2 times and get elite to obtain a total of 3 b2g1 coupons. Also several folks confirmed the b2g1 works on multiple sets?
renew to pro and then change it to elite you should get 2 b2g1 coupons

Last edited:
what games can I buy used using the b2g1 coupon and trade in for extra credit

renew to pro and then change it to elite you should get 2 b2g1 coupons
Thanks. Will renew and use the b2g1 before moving to elite just in case the coupon disappear like before (recalled back then you are only allowed to have 1 b2g1 coupon at a time in active offers.

Refurb fee my @ss for Redbox games traded in with the sticker. Bought this during the 4/$20 sale and this was delivered last night...keep an eye out for these.
attachicon.gif
22A36E40-461D-4206-BA75-F57138607814.jpeg
I got one. And a Hollywood Video one. How long have they been shut down? 10+ years?

Also got several with those magic marker writings.

Did get some nice CIBs though. And some discs are in great shape. Good thing my home store will do case swaps.

And for God's sake Gamestop will please start using boxes when you ship this shit. Or at least stick cardboard in the padded mailers. I can't count how many cases have come in completely crushed. Although there's nothing to prove they didn't ship them that way.
6b1473a63ae1d04e614bb38ff1484912.jpg
0c982c4205f78d4ad645fb796bf223c2.jpg

Thanks. Will renew and use the b2g1 before moving to elite just in case the coupon disappear like before (recalled back then you are only allowed to have 1 b2g1 coupon at a time in active offers.
mine didn't and I got 2 coupons

trying to boomerang with that sale was a bad idea anyway though

youd lose more money in gas than youd make back lol
Yeah trying to get a small profit out of this sale is just not worth the time and gas. Even if you do get them with free shipping there's always the hassle of gamestop giving shit conditioned games. At this point I'm just being patient for the next trade bump and trade in deals.

So I guess Pillars of Eternity Complete on Xbox must have been converted to used at some point? Their flyer has it at on sale at $14.99 new and shows the Xbox art. If you go online it shows new and used prices for PS4 but only used for Xbox. Picked up a copy today in-store and it had a nice thick layer of stickers on it, the top couple were used and the bottom few were new. Guess I got the gutted new copy. That’s cool because it wound up saving me some money. IMO they should always be selling the gutted copies as used, but that’s a dead horse

New need for speed PS4 from gs (29.99) to B.B. (27 and change)is pretty close to even... at least without paying tax at GameStop. You’ve lost me with the Wii games...

New need for speed PS4 from gs (29.99) to B.B. (27 and change)is pretty close to even... at least without paying tax at GameStop. You’ve lost me with the Wii games...
Another okay mover is NBA live 18 for PS4. Even after tax you pretty much get your money back for it. But yeah them Wii game movers...lol

I sold $78 worth of GBA 4/$20 games on eBay for $144 ($124 after fees and shipping).
Are gba games pretty reliable (outside the ones with batteries)? I ask because I have a Pokemon leaf green that I've been meaning to sell (it doesn't have a battery), but I don't have a gba/ds to test it.

So is there no way to get free shopping? SAVER hasn't worked in awhile and a $6 shipping charge is crazy

Last week I upgraded to Elite.  I let my Pro run out (only a day).  Just noticed the email saying I have to complete my profile to get my buy 2 get 1 coupon and 250 points.

Click on the link and my profile is already filled out and has been for years.  Change a value and save.  Under points it shows 0 Member updated.

What do I have to do get the buy 2 get 1 coupon?  

Does the extra $25 coupon trade of ps4 hardware count towards the DS4? I hardly ever trade in but if I can get $52.50 for it, then I'm all for it
Looking at the fine print of the coupon, it doesn't specify what is "hardware." However, I assume that GS explicitly categorizes controllers as "accessories," and by hardware they mean consoles. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The new Play Days deals include purchase of an X1X with a free game of choice. Does anyone know if that replaces the promo for free Sea of Thieves with X1X purchase, or do you get SoT and free game of choice?

Can anyone redeem points? I’ve been trying since last night and even called customer service today and they didn’t now what was going on.

Had a weird experience at GS. Went to buy Nights of Azune 2 “New” and took it up to the counter where they usually either exchange it for a sealed copy or just give me the gutted one but this time they got a small little plastic bag and put it in there and sealed it. Guess that’s considered new considering it’s sealed when it left the store. Just thought that was odd.

Had a weird experience at GS. Went to buy Nights of Azune 2 “New” and took it up to the counter where they usually either exchange it for a sealed copy or just give me the gutted one but this time they got a small little plastic bag and put it in there and sealed it. Guess that’s considered new considering it’s sealed when it left the store. Just thought that was odd.
The one nice lady at my home store does that for me all the time. Still doesn't smell the same as a factory sealed copy.

If you're looking to move credit to BB, AC:O is a small gain and FIFA (S) is a small loss, you about break even with the two and move about $60.

That's what they do when they have a gutted copy of a game that has the New sticker on it. Sometimes they put it in plastic making it feel new but not. Sometimes they put a clear circle sticker on the gutted copy where you open the case so it feels new since you have to open something. If it's opened already, they should just leave it and not make it more awkward for the customers. Remember to ask them for a sealed copy before they do anything. They usually have only one copy of a game for some reason if you know what I mean.

I was wondering if I renew Pro and get a B2G! and then after a day or 2 upgrade to Elite will I also get another B2G1 or is it capped?
I don't know if they stack up but how I upgraded to elite, I got a year of pro at one store, waited a couple days for the coupon, used it at another store and get another years pro, waited for the coupon then went to another store and update to elite for pennies since those 2 years pro credit carry over. 3 B2G1 coupons for the same price as one. B1G2 on B2G1 :D

I was wondering if I renew Pro and get a B2G! and then after a day or 2 upgrade to Elite will I also get another B2G1 or is it capped?
Reportedly that works. Some people suggest doing multiple renewals on pro before upgrading. Essentially if you had 2+ years (2 renewals) of pro already paid for then I think when they cash you out to do the up grade there should be no additional charge for 1 year of elite. So $30 for 3 B2G1's. Which could potentially be used on multiple sets.

Edit: ninjaed by the Buddha.

That's what they do when they have a gutted copy of a game that has the New sticker on it. Sometimes they put it in plastic making it feel new but not. Sometimes they put a clear circle sticker on the gutted copy where you open the case so it feels new since you have to open something. If it's opened already, they should just leave it and not make it more awkward for the customers. Remember to ask them for a sealed copy before they do anything. They usually have only one copy of a game for some reason if you know what I mean.
Yeah 9/10 my store usually have a sealed copy and give it to me because I’m a regular and the other 1/10 is the circle sticker but it’s a first time I’ve had this happen. Made it feel very awkward and like I was buying from a pawn shop. I was planning on opening it when I got around to playing it but it’s such a eye sore and out of place that I just got rid of the “plastic sleeve”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back