Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there was a bump of some kind. From games I have been monitoring, Assassin’s Creed Origins went up by $2 and Lego Marvel 2 went up by $3.
Yeah. Breath of the wild and FE: Warriors got bumped to $45 after 50% bonus. Small bumps on smaller items in my inventory.

Does anybody know what what the highest trade in value recently for the Xbox one S and og? Ps4 was $200 recently, just wondering if Xbox one ever came close to that. Thinking about saving some money for the Xbox one x

YMMV with RB>GS. GS might not accept them with the stickers on with or without a receipt. Just use a blowdryer to remove them. Keep in mind that PS4 disc art is more sensitive than Xbox One. They won't accept games with scratched disc art either due to BS reasons.

MK8 Deluxe, Arms, BotW, Splatoon 2, FE Warriors, Pokken, Mario Odyssey, and Xeno Chronicles 2, all got bumped to base $30. They be hurting for Switch games.

MK8 Deluxe, Arms, BotW, Splatoon 2, FE Warriors, Pokken, Mario Odyssey, and Xeno Chronicles 2, all got bumped to base $30. They be hurting for Switch games.
Thanks. I think MK8 was $30 base already since that flies off the shelf. Zelda and FE:Warriors definitely got bumped; I was about trade them in yesterday but got lucky by waiting.

I tried to do return rebuy on 4 I found at different stores. I got denied. They said that would look like I'm a reseller.

I would never do that. [emoji19]
i only do this at a small store that always has new hires on single coverage. no JD to block me and they don't know better.

I saw a few open box copies of mario and FEW at toys r us for like $28. I should grab them to trade.

i only do this at a small store that always has new hires on single coverage. no JD to block me and they don't know better.
Gotta pick and choose your battles, especially since you don't wanna be on an employees shit list when it comes time to trade stuff. It could happen to you, cuz it happened to me.

Gotta pick and choose your battles, especially since you don't wanna be on an employees shit list when it comes time to trade stuff. It could happen to you, cuz it happened to me.
This is true. The associate that denied me the return/rebuy is usually extremely helpful with everything else. Figured I didn't want to loose one of my assets in the field, so I let it go.

Man I got the side eye when buying two.
My favorite local store called me to let me know he had a bunch and the price had dropped. He asked if I wanted him to leave any sealed for me and I said yeah, all of them.

I was expecting 3-4, not 15. Needless to say they got an awesome review submitted.

So I’m just double checking, and sorry if it’s a big dumb question. So if I trade in like 12 games right now, I should get the 40% trade bonus on all of them? I’m just saving my trades on the app and I’m guessing I should be getting a huge amount more for my trade ins then what the app is showing.

Whew!!!  Here's to being lazy and not taking advantage of the+$50 console bump on Sunday.  For those of you that are web-surfing lazy this morning (per this week's GS ad posted online):

"Guaranteed Trade Values for your Systems"

"valid 2/12-2/19, store credit only"

XB1X=350

PS4Pro or Switch=250

XB1S or PS4 (1or2tb)=200

XB1S (500gb)=150

That's a +$20 for the 500gb XB1S and a +$40 for a 1tb XB1S from Sunday!

I was wondering why there was a few confident "trust me"s on the board.  Figured the ad was already out.

Pokemon X, Y and Alpha sapphire are $20 base price used. Blue reflection for ps4 is $20 new and School Girl Zombie hunter ps4 is $20 also new.

Whew!!! Here's to being lazy and not taking advantage of the+$50 console bump on Sunday. For those of you that are web-surfing lazy this morning (per this week's GS ad posted online):

"Guaranteed Trade Values for your Systems"

"valid 2/12-2/19, store credit only"

XB1X=350

PS4Pro or Switch=250

XB1S or PS4 (1or2tb)=200

XB1S (500gb)=150

That's a +$20 for the 500gb XB1S and a +$40 for a 1tb XB1S from Sunday!

I was wondering why there was a few confident "trust me"s on the board. Figured the ad was already out.
how are you getting $150 for the sbox one S? the website says $80, plus 50 is $130.

what about the orginal Xbox one, OG? do you know the final trade in value?

Ok.

The PS4 pro deal is OVER. It ended Sunday.

Stop bringing it up.

There is a "get up to $350" promo that is not tied towards buying ANYTHING.

It's right in the ad what the values for each system are.

The new values are on the last page of this weeks ad. Trade values show up in store when you ring the system up not online. I'm about to flip some broken ps4s.

DtVpmZc.png

for those visual learners

Pokemon X, Y and Alpha sapphire are $20 base price used. Blue reflection for ps4 is $20 new and School Girl Zombie hunter ps4 is $20 also new.
Anyone try Zombie Hunter? At that price, I might bite if it's better than the Onechanbara games.

Also, SF0 went up to $9.99 preowned.

Gamestop sucks...traded in my Switch that I rarely used a couple days ago to get the guaranteed $250 credit towards the Pro. Now it's a guaranteed $250 without trading towards a Pro smh.

I was wanting a Pro regardless but I wanted to wait for the GOW bundle being rumored.

so to trade in the xbox, I just bring the controller, HDMI, console and power cable right? do they ask for anything else?
yes. Controller doesn't have to be the original one you got with the console, if that matters. I've always traded the one with most wear, regardless if it matches the console.

I want to upgrade to a Pro, so that $200 trade-in is tempting. I'd have to find my old 500GB drive, though.

The thing is though, I'm also buying a Pro to get a second PS4. So I'd then have to buy a Slim or something. $400 for a new Pro outright, or $500 for a new Pro and new Slim and mess with a trade-in.

Was there a daily limit on pur certificate used? I know about 3 in a transaction and different denominations, but what about same denominations but different store?

Was there a daily limit on pur certificate used? I know about 3 in a transaction and different denominations, but what about same denominations but different store?
Don't know but I have done $50 ($25+$15+$10) three times within an hour. Two of them were in the same store. Manager was cool about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back