Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that starting on 20th, the Xbox one x comes with a $50 gift card ? That and with the free pubg would be good. I would trade in my Xbox on a for $150

I heard that starting on 20th, the Xbox one x comes with a $50 gift card ? That and with the free pubg would be good. I would trade in my Xbox on a for $150

I'd be surprised if GameStop hasn't figured out by now how to price their trade-ins programmatically according to supply/demand and competitor pricing. In fact, if they haven't, there's probably a few people on CAG that they could hire to help them do it, including myself.

The JD problem is annoying, but leaving everyone in the dark on good trades makes this thread half of what it used to be.
I completely understand your perspective. I just think the thread has to adapt given what happened in June and the presence of moles. Too much sharing will lead to every loophole getting closed.

A couple of games were posted here Wednesday, and by Thurs the vales had been dropped. We have no way of knowing if that's a coincidence or due to a mole.

People can still help one another via private message, and/or at least be more cryptic with trade info. The spoiler function and abbreviations are easy options.

By the way, does the CAGiversary-only thread still exist?

Why are you talking about this so openly? Be more discreet/patient. We already know there are moles here, and a trade-in promo is going to bring this forum more attention. No one wants another good thing coming to an end.

Probably already Over

As of today it’s not working

New system update is in effect

imo there's not much point to this thread if no flips or deals get posted. I like the idea of putting things behind cuts to prevent searching but I don't see flips worth a couple dollars nuking all future trade values. The thing most likely to hurt are the deals plastered all over Twitter and reddit to the point that non cags are trying to flip 20 sealed copies at a time at every store and making YouTube videos about it. Stuff like this I don't think we need to sweat all that much.
I get what you're saying, but I do think that you're failing to acknowledge that many people do not even realize that you can make a profit by trading in games. For those people, a $5 profit on one game is awesome and they just take what they can get.

June 2017 was an example of these people then taking trades to an extreme by trying to trade multiple copies of the same game at the same time to increase that $5 profit (along with other ill-advised tactics). Therefore, I think it's important for the CAG community to not just spoonfeed information in a way that gains unnecessary attention, or makes it super easy for lurkers/moles to take advantage of.

Posts like this help out junior detectives and the moles. It also could lead to GS making a policy to stop potential RB trades. If you insist on posting, at least use the spoiler function.
I mean, why bother coming to the site for deals if you aren't allowed to share them? What good will spoilering the post do? that doesn't prevent them from seeing it, and if they stop taking redbox, they are gonna lose out on a ton of trade traffic, so I fail to see what the issue is. If you think they don't track used game prices you are sorely mistaken. No need to be discreet, if they feel they are being taken advantage of, then they will adjust. I don't think that being quiet so we can secretly profit off of their losses is the correct way to go, but that's just me.

Also, there is an edit function for a reason, no need to have so many back to back posts.

So I can confirm that the "Most Wanted" games trade price is the base before the 50% extra trade. Traded Overwatch, base 20, final 30.

Also ran into an issue upgrading from Powerup Pro to Elite, apparently they don't let you upgrade it on a trade transaction anymore, had to pay for the membership first, then do the trade after. Still pro-rates however, had 4 months of pro left, it subtracted $5 off of the $30 total and started as a new 12 month sub today.

All in all a good weekend though, got some games transferred to digital and hit up some redboxes to make some flips, came out with about ~$150.

Games:

Dark Souls 3 - Red Box $5, traded for $15

Doom - RB $5 - GS $12

PvZ GW 2 - RB $10 - GS $21

MLB 17 the Show - RB $5 - GS 13.50

Lego Worlds - RB $10 - GS $20.25

Rocket League - RB $10 - GS $20.25

There were several other games that were flippable, but didn't want to press my luck. Was going to trade Hitman Season 1, but the game was scratched to hell so I gave it back to Redbox.
Thanks

I knew BB was gone, but I didn't qualify for access to the forum so couldn't confirm its current existence on my own. Thanks.

Too bad Cheapy didn't want to keep it around. Have a good weekend.
I locked the thread at kyles request so that he could make a new one.
He hasn’t made a new thread but someone else is free to do so.

Picked up evolve, elder scrolls online, and 2 star fox zeros for the 4 for $10 deal a few days ago. I noticed they jacked the price up yesterday to $9.99!

I mean, why bother coming to the site for deals if you aren't allowed to share them? What good will spoilering the post do? that doesn't prevent them from seeing it, and if they stop taking redbox, they are gonna lose out on a ton of trade traffic, so I fail to see what the issue is. If you think they don't track used game prices you are sorely mistaken. No need to be discreet, if they feel they are being taken advantage of, then they will adjust. I don't think that being quiet so we can secretly profit off of their losses is the correct way to go, but that's just me.

Also, there is an edit function for a reason, no need to have so many back to back posts.
Let me start off saying that I think everybody here wants the same thing (1) a way to share information about gamestop deals and trades and (2) to not shoot ourselves in the foot and cause a good thing to end.

In trying to obtain a balance between the extreme solutions of share anything and everything to don't post anything that's not already in the add, I'll volunteer to cut off my nose to spite my face.

GameStop market value is tanking. They're looking for new sources of revenue and ways to cut costs in order to restore investor, and thus market, confidence.

One way or another, mole reports or web scraping or whatever, gamestop sees the posts above referencing trades from RB to GS.

This information comes to the attention of the right GS people. GS procurement goes to redbox sales and says sell all of your used games to us every month with this rate structure including these volume discounts. Red box needs a source of established fixed revenue so they say yes. And game stop cuts us out as the middleman.

Next thing you know CAG is filled with people crying that the redbox trades are all gone.

GameStop doesn't care that CAGs are crying. So they broker deals with other sources CAGS use. Amazon. Hey amazon we'll buy your ware house items. Hey walmart and target well buy your clearance games. Hey gamefly. And on and on until they cut us out.

Don't get me wrong this won't happen tomorrow. But it could down the line.

On the topic of spoiler tags, I'm not sure how familiar you or any particular person reading this is with web scraping, or nlp, or the like, but the value of spoiler tags is that it makes it more difficult to scrape websites for data. I would assume that paying an individual employee to sit there and read threads all day is ineffective costwise. A better cost solution is to pay a developer to do some form of web scraping and analyze the aggregate data. Most non-forum deal posting sites don't have spoiler tags because they're not phpbb based. This generally makes them easier to scrape. If you want we can start getting in to CAG web code and see how difficult it is to scrape from a client side browser and then compare spoiler vs non-spoiler posts. That way we could tell if the spoiler tag argument is moot, or not.

While I applaud your efforts uniquetous, I don't think it matters if sensitive data is spoilered or not because certain elements here want the information to be made and kept public.

Let me start off saying that I think everybody here wants the same thing (1) a way to share information about gamestop deals and trades and (2) to not shoot ourselves in the foot and cause a good thing to end.
In trying to obtain a balance between the extreme solutions of share anything and everything to don't post anything that's not already in the add, I'll volunteer to cut off my nose to spite my face.
GameStop market value is tanking. They're looking for new sources of revenue and ways to cut costs in order to restore investor, and thus market, confidence.
One way or another, mole reports or web scraping or whatever, gamestop sees the posts above referencing trades from RB to GS.
This information comes to the attention of the right GS people. GS procurement goes to redbox sales and says sell all of your used games to us every month with this rate structure including these volume discounts. Red box needs a source of established fixed revenue so they say yes. And game stop cuts us out as the middleman.
Next thing you know CAG is filled with people crying that the redbox trades are all gone.
GameStop doesn't care that CAGs are crying. So they broker deals with other sources CAGS use. Amazon. Hey amazon we'll buy your ware house items. Hey walmart and target well buy your clearance games. Hey gamefly. And on and on until they cut us out.
Don't get me wrong this won't happen tomorrow. But it could down the line.
On the topic of spoiler tags, I'm not sure how familiar you or any particular person reading this is with web scraping, or nlp, or the like, but the value of spoiler tags is that it makes it more difficult to scrape websites for data. I would assume that paying an individual employee to sit there and read threads all day is ineffective costwise. A better cost solution is to pay a developer to do some form of web scraping and analyze the aggregate data. Most non-forum deal posting sites don't have spoiler tags because they're not phpbb based. This generally makes them easier to scrape. If you want we can start getting in to CAG web code and see how difficult it is to scrape from a client side browser and then compare spoiler vs non-spoiler posts. That way we could tell if the spoiler tag argument is moot, or not.
That is the tough part. I like the feeling of community so helping others with trades is great but GameStop will fix the situation if they think they are losing over and over again. Redbox deals are really good right now and I would hate to see them change their business model. They most likely have a program that scrubs the web for loop holes and POS errors after updates. A corporate spy might just be a small past time for certain folks.

While I applaud your efforts uniquetous, I don't think it matters if sensitive data is spoilered or not because certain elements here want the information to be made and kept public.
In the next couple weeks we will see those specific games TIV tank because of supply and demand and we will move onto the next thing.

Good day of flips. I got 4 BF II in one store (2 PS4 AND 2 XBONE VERSIONS). The cashier didn't ask any questions which is good. I got 2 FE warriors and 2 Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook Editions at BB. I traded those in at GS with my Starfox Zero to complete the 3 bonus set. They wouldn't take Guard because it was under a $1. I kept the steelbooks and I'll sell them on ebay. Thanks for the flips guys.

Good day of flips. I got 4 BF II in one store (2 PS4 AND 2 XBONE VERSIONS). The cashier didn't ask any questions which is good. I got 2 FE warriors and 2 Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook Editions at BB. I traded those in at GS with my Starfox Zero to complete the 3 bonus set. They wouldn't take Guard because it was under a $1. I kept the steelbooks and I'll sell them on ebay. Thanks for the flips guys.
. I assume the BF2 were for B.B. trades. Do they have any daily trade limits of same games, like GS only allowing one of each game? Can you do multiple of same game?

. I assume the BF2 were for B.B. trades. Do they have any daily trade limits of same games, like GS only allowing one of each game? Can you do multiple of same game?
Yeah. Apparently there are no daily limits and you can do multiple of each game in one transaction. The cashier took all the copies of 2 ps4 and 2 xbone versions. Somebody mentioned in the thread that you can only trade in 3 copies per version of each game at best buy a year. YMMV Check this thread for more info.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320620-best-buy-trade-in-50-see-faq-in-op/

The 3 games -> 50% bonus doesn't trigger if one of the games is under $1 TiV? Is this a universal rule for all promotions?

The 3 games -> 50% bonus doesn't trigger if one of the games is under $1 TiV? Is this a universal rule for all promotions?
Its YMMV. The employees were just BSing him honestly. I traded in 2 games with my sisters old ass Wii game (which came out to $.05 after the promotion lol) as the third game in order to get the bonus

3 per year per sku. It's right in the best buy trade-in faq on their website unlike the gamestop trade limits.

Also buying more than 3 of a title can get you banned at BB.

I don't quite follow. You traded in 4 copies of BFII into Best buy for like $12 profit altogether (4*$3 profit), and then bought 2 Yakuza & 2 FE and traded those in for like a profit of like $13 (2*$1.50 and 2*$5 profit)? Seems like a waste of time since you only came out ahead $13 profit in GS credit and ~$20 BB credit in the end. Steel books don't seem like they're really worth anything either. Not hating, just think you would have made better use of your time tracking down and doing RB flips or something.

how do they go about this? this seems like something relatively normal. ive done it several times
Best Buy is not the fastest when it comes to bans. I have heard people say nothing has ever happened but then again i have heard sometimes they do it just randomly and the ban i believe last a year.

So if you know it's dead from experience, why would you be asking about it while saying, "This is serious"? Seems like a waste of your time.
Another member replied that they had success, which could mean it is a regional thing

That’s why I asked the community on their personal results

What may or may not be serious to you, may be to others

Instead of being an smart-ass, if you don’t have anything to contribute to the discussion or don’t care for what’s being discussed just be-quiet

So I heard at another forum from an user that is a GameStop employee that starting on 2/20, any Xbox one x will come with a free $50 gift card, on top of the free pubg code that starts tomorrow.

2/19 is the last day to trade in the Xbox one S for $150.

So technically the Xbox one x upgrade would be 450 - 150 =$300 with a free pubg game.

I have an oled 4k tv, but still not sure if I should do it .
I have a ps4 pro as well.

So I heard at another forum from an user that is a GameStop employee that starting on 2/20, any Xbox one x will come with a free $50 gift card, on top of the free pubg code that starts tomorrow.

2/19 is the last day to trade in the Xbox one S for $150.

So technically the Xbox one x upgrade would be 450 - 150 =$300 with a free pubg game.

I have an oled 4k tv, but still not sure if I should do it .
I have a ps4 pro as well.
I have an LG OLED B7, and trust me, get the One X. Just account for more HD space.

Maybe a dumb question, but if a game has like a 3 cent TIV, will it still work towards the 3 game/50% promo? I've got two I want to trade, just need a filler game.

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find anything else, but might try my luck and argue if needed. If they don't want a game they shouldn't list it with a value on their website

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find anything else, but might try my luck and argue if needed. If they don't want a game they shouldn't list it with a value on their website
I might be wrong but I think it was this website where someone said all games marked for like 3 cents are to be thrown out when they come off trade hold.

If you join  elite pro, are you supposed to get a paper coupon or something for the b2g1 welcome gift? I signed up the other day in-store but I just realized about that while looking at the information, and I don't see anything that looks like a coupon like I'm used to.

Do I have a problem if my Xbox is the launch 500gb with Kinect? Seems like I can’t find that specific model on their trade-in calculator, nor do they take the Kinect anymore.

If you join elite pro, are you supposed to get a paper coupon or something for the b2g1 welcome gift? I signed up the other day in-store but I just realized about that while looking at the information, and I don't see anything that looks like a coupon like I'm used to.
Download the app to your phone, it'll be in your Active Offers.

If you join elite pro, are you supposed to get a paper coupon or something for the b2g1 welcome gift? I signed up the other day in-store but I just realized about that while looking at the information, and I don't see anything that looks like a coupon like I'm used to.
Like someone else said, it will be in your active offers. They can see it in the register if you don’t use the app (or if you do). Give it a few days to show up

It's been a while since I was here, and I just noticed that BB spread sheet was deleted. What's going on? can I have access to the new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back