Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are WiiU games prone to failure or something? Out of the 15 or so games I've bought over the past couple months, maybe 1/5 seem to have issues (conversely I have had maybe 1/10 failure rate with any other console games, if that). They don't even look THAT bad. Don't think my WiiU is the culprit either...
Oh $h!+. I have a lot of games to test. I don't even have any WiiU games, but a 10% failure rate is scary.

Anyone else order games early on in the 4/20 that still haven't shipped? I made an order of 4 games early 3/19 and none of the items from that order have shipped. Made another order later on in the day of 4 more and all of those games have been shipped. Going to be very annoyed since the ones I really cared about are the first order and with my luck it'll just get cancelled or never ship.

I'm an elite member as well so with the 2day shipping, I should already be getting those either today or tomorrow. I'm going to be relieved if they just ship at all at this point.
Sometimes they don't email you shipping for each package for whatever reason. If you log in to GameStop.com and click order status and then click on the order number itself, it will show all tracking numbers for that order.

Are WiiU games prone to failure or something? Out of the 15 or so games I've bought over the past couple months, maybe 1/5 seem to have issues (conversely I have had maybe 1/10 failure rate with any other console games, if that). They don't even look THAT bad. Don't think my WiiU is the culprit either...
I’ve heard offhand that Wii (not specifically Wii U) games are more prone to damage. I cannot comment further from my own experience.

They are. I don't know what it is but perfect looking discs sometimes just don't work.

Only goobers trade in games for base value.

These things aren't hard, just learn to work within the system and you will succeed with little effort and even less cash.
Lol - goobers.

Seriously though, this seems like way too elaborate of a system and time commitment. If somebody was going to put this much effort into speculating value, buying and selling, why not just make an actual investment with that money?

You don’t have to worry about a refurb fee on currency.

Anyone else order games early on in the 4/20 that still haven't shipped? I made an order of 4 games early 3/19 and none of the items from that order have shipped. Made another order later on in the day of 4 more and all of those games have been shipped. Going to be very annoyed since the ones I really cared about are the first order and with my luck it'll just get cancelled or never ship.

I'm an elite member as well so with the 2day shipping, I should already be getting those either today or tomorrow. I'm going to be relieved if they just ship at all at this point.
When they had the 4/$10 a few weeks back I had an order of 8 games. I recieved 3. 5 that were in the all in 1 shipment with the same tracking number indicated that they had not been recieved by UPS - like Gamestop created a shipping label but never packaged everything up and gave it to UPS.

So I called CS about a week later after I had recieved all items from that order and several others. They said they were out of stock now. So they issued a gc refund, which was fine as they were bought with trade credit. I just used the GC towards games from the 4/$20.

It never hurts to call cs. Just play a video game while you wait for them to answer.

Sometimes they don't email you shipping for each package for whatever reason. If you log in to GameStop.com and click order status and then order number, it will show all tracking numbers for that order.
I noticed for a while that my shipping confirmation emails would always go to my junk mail, which seems to have fixed itself somehow since they now go to my inbox, but anyway, I checked the status from the website and it still just says processing. I have had other times where a shipping label was printed and nothing updating for a week+, but this hasn't even made it that far.

Thanks for all the responses.

Wii U games are notoriously poor quality even from the manufacturer directly. Yet another major issue with the platform.

Wii U games are notoriously poor quality even from the manufacturer directly. Yet another major issue with the platform.
I think it has something to do with the sides of the disk being necessary to run, yet are susceptible to scratching. Makes it harder to recognize a faulty disk, which makes collecting a major PITA

When they had the 4/$10 a few weeks back I had an order of 8 games. I recieved 3. 5 that were in the all in 1 shipment with the same tracking number indicated that they had not been recieved by UPS - like Gamestop created a shipping label but never packaged everything up and gave it to UPS.

So I called CS about a week later after I had recieved all items from that order and several others. They said they were out of stock now. So they issued a gc refund, which was fine as they were bought with trade credit. I just used the GC towards games from the 4/$20.

It never hurts to call cs. Just play a video game while you wait for them to answer.
I did this when I ordered my Xbox One S with a free game of my choice, and the console was shipped around the time of Irma and I'm in Florida... I legitimately didn't know my Tekken 7 arrived safely, but the tracking was bugged and they shipped me another one and I returned both for full cash.

They are. I don't know what it is but perfect looking discs sometimes just don't work.
Yes, I've sometimes had issues where my Wii U (in great condition) would sometimes have trouble reading a mint disc and the issue would only be resolved if I ejected and put it back in. Blu ray discs > Wii U discs. Also, I heard that GameStop sometimes refurbishes the Wii U discs which screws it up even more.

Lol - goobers.

Seriously though, this seems like way too elaborate of a system and time commitment. If somebody was going to put this much effort into speculating value, buying and selling, why not just make an actual investment with that money?

You don’t have to worry about a refurb fee on currency.
If a game is really in that bad condition, I can return it for full value. Plus games are a way more secure investment than stocks. I can't return a stock investment in 30 days if it tanks.

I have a stock portfolio and 401K, but playing the GS market is way more fun because there is no risk.

If a game is really in that bad condition, I can return it for full value. Plus games are a way more secure investment than stocks. I can't return a stock investment in 30 days if it tanks.

I have a stock portfolio and 401K, but playing the GS market is way more fun because there is no risk.
No one is legit until that person withdraws his life savings in $100 bills, snaps a photo of it, and uploads it on CAG.

yeah, the 4 for $20 is a pretty good deal.  Picked up some SNES and N64 games that just shipped today.  Also got back $2.40 from using ebates which it was only suppose to be 2.5% CB but it almost seems like i got 10% back instead as i only spent $25.xx.

Looks like the 4 for $20 works on modern games, but not any retro stuff. Works for XBONE and 3DS, ymmv may work on the others. Might just be broken code, might be Gamestop trying to keep you from buying their cheap GBA and DS games. 

The fancy term for returning a stock if it tanks is called hedging.

You can't buy options, futures, or forwards in gamestop inventory.

yep... they killed the 4/20 on retro games... lame. I was going to pick up another batch
Thanks to the deal I was actually checking out the retro games for a change, along with the newer stuff, and imagined picking up another 30 or so games as a result (after 60+ during the 4 for $10). With retro out of the deal and not being able to check store availability I don't feel compelled now. (There must be something wrong with me. :p ) On top of that I did get about 7 or 8 games during the 4 for $10 that were in bad shape so I was a little apprehensive to begin with ordering online.

It makes sense that they don't want to liquidate their inventory at $3 a game. Maybe they'll bring it back when they fix the 20% to come off the discounted prices. I'm not sure $12 is even enough to cover the shipping for most of the orders we placed.

It makes sense that they don't want to liquidate their inventory at $3 a game. Maybe they'll bring it back when they fix the 20% to come off the discounted prices. I'm not sure $12 is even enough to cover the shipping for most of the orders we placed.
I agree with you, but its not like $4 a game will make much difference...

what was the preorder bonus for sea of thieves gamestop? i picked up the game on release day and i never received anything 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back