Gamestop NOT Honoring Some Xenoblade Pre-Orders With The Artbook

[quote name='KtMack23']That is completely different.
That's one store that didn't get enough pre order bonuses, not telling people they didn't pre order at the right time. the books will be first come first serve as always. Also, I doubt 30+ people pre ordered this at any one store.[/QUOTE]
Except that that same scenario played out at MULTIPLE stores. I did forget to mention that. But as with ANY game with a possible bonus item, there's ALWAYS some sort of cutoff date. As you said it'll be on a first come first serve basis, but I just have a feeling that we'll see far too many "I got screwed" posts when people show up at hour 47 of the time that GS usually holds pre-ordered copies of games for(2 days).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that that same scenario played out at MULTIPLE stores. I did forget to mention that. But as with ANY game with a possible bonus item, there's ALWAYS some sort of cutoff date. As you said it'll be on a first come first serve basis, but I just have a feeling that we'll see far too many "I got screwed" posts when people show up at hour 47 of the time that GS usually holds pre-ordered copies of games for(2 days).[/QUOTE]
Even if it was multiple stores, who got it was determined by quantity not because you pre ordered to early.
And Lol those who wait, that's there loss. I have good Friday off so I'll be at GS half an hour before they open sitting in a lawn chair.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Wow. Unbelievable if this is true. I pre-ordered it just two days after the reported cutoff point (March 26 instead of March 24).

I made it all the way to Nintendo.com's payment page before deciding to switch to Gamestop, simply because Nintendo.com didn't offer the pre-order art book bonus.. which made me cringe as I'm not particularly fond of many of Gamestop's business practices. This makes me wish I would have ordered from Nintendo after all.

And don't be so quick to say "oh, you should have just pre-ordered earlier." For many of us with fluctuating incomes, that's not really a safe option.

As a self-supporting full-time university student with two majors, enrolled with the maximum number of allowed credits, my first goal is to ensure that I can pay rent/tuition/bills with the few hours I have available to work (taking on freelance programming jobs; steady employment is hard to come by when you only have ~10-15 hours available per week). Responsibly, I placed my pre-order on the very same day I received payment from my most recent job.

Anyway, I'll do as everyone else is doing and just run up there early in the morning before class.. hopefully that'll work.[/QUOTE]

So when do you find the time to play a game ? Tough schedule...

[quote name='UnrealZero']Most people look at it once then toss it to the side.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you're NOT planning on sleeping with it every night...?

[quote name='sabanoo']Are you saying you're NOT planning on sleeping with it every night...?[/QUOTE]

Unless it comes with some form of orifice; I suppose not. Then again you could just roll it up...

I'll be at GameStop on Friday hoping for cancelled preorders with art book. My local store tends to get a lot of cancellations. They still have alot of soul calibers and sfxt ce. Hopefully I'll be lucky.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Unless it comes with some form of orifice; I suppose not. Then again you could just roll it up...[/QUOTE]

Looks like I better get to GS at opening on Friday then!

I preordered it in store on the 29th, just says "Xenoblade Chronic" on my reciept. Going to have to go early and check I guess...no big deal either way.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Wow. Unbelievable if this is true. I pre-ordered it just two days after the reported cutoff point (March 26 instead of March 24).

I made it all the way to Nintendo.com's payment page before deciding to switch to Gamestop, simply because Nintendo.com didn't offer the pre-order art book bonus.. which made me cringe as I'm not particularly fond of many of Gamestop's business practices. This makes me wish I would have ordered from Nintendo after all.

And don't be so quick to say "oh, you should have just pre-ordered earlier." For many of us with fluctuating incomes, that's not really a safe option.

As a self-supporting full-time university student with two majors, enrolled with the maximum number of allowed credits, my first goal is to ensure that I can pay rent/tuition/bills with the few hours I have available to work (taking on freelance programming jobs; steady employment is hard to come by when you only have ~10-15 hours available per week). Responsibly, I placed my pre-order on the very same day I received payment from my most recent job.

Anyway, I'll do as everyone else is doing and just run up there early in the morning before class.. hopefully that'll work.[/QUOTE]
lol why in the world would you take two majors?

Is this game gunna be really rare or what?

placed a pre-order today.

the guy said they're not giving out the premium bonus anymore (guess he doesn't know it's an artbook). I asked is it first come first serve. he said no that the receipt has to have premium on it. he didn't look it up but estimated that there were a dozen preorders so far (same guy told me Friday that 50 people already preorder KH 3D lol).

he doesn't know how many they'll be since they didn't get the games yet. this is why it should be first come first serve. that's basically what it will be if they do enforce the "receipt must have premium" mantra. I'll be there early and hope some know nothing employee is there.

also going to call up other stores and likely preorder at several.

Nintendo doesn't have the artbook at all so how does that solve the issue being discussed.

Eh. I ordered for in-store pickup on 2/25 and I expect to walk out of there with the book. We'll see though.

Don't understand this place sometimes. Free game deals get moved to "free stuff" and this clearly not a deal complaining thread is on it's fourth page now... wow.

So if you ordered before the artbook was announced you don't get the artbook? how is that not honoring their promise? Since they never promised an artbook? As far as I've known, these pre-order bonuses have always been first come first serve limited basis things, but back in the day that actually meant it was limited. Now I doubt they will run out or this will be much of an issue.

[quote name='Dunvane']Man, all couple hundred people, tops, will really stick it to Gamestop for this one...

Lol seriously, how many people do you honestly think will "rage?" Like Gamestop gives a fuck, they have all the Call of Duty bros and Haloz and kiddie games.

I'm pretty sure I pre-ordered in the correct timeframe to get the book. I probably won't even open the fucking thing. Shame, really. Lol.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was thinking. Nobody is going give a crap about this. Sucks for those missing out but shit happens. Corporate probably didn't even read the memo sent up the ladder. I can just see the subject line of the email... customer mad about artbook preorder. Lol...trash.

Not surprised, with gamestop I have come to accept that preorder bonuses that are of physical nature are a random chance. Then again this is an artbook and well I know some people who do collect artbooks so they have a legitimate excuse if they preordered the game day one because of the artbook.

Although this game is easily worth the $50. I have an imported copy from Europe and it's fantastic so if you don't get the artbook, you still get one of the best RPG's if not games this gen.

Gamestop doesn't make artbooks. These type of things originate from the game publisher. You guys should yell at them instead.

so basically on friday i need to be there at 10 am when the store opens to insure i get the artbook or at least the odds of getting the art book going up quite a bit???

I ordered on February 24th...anyone know if the art book was a bonus at that point? Mine doesnt say premium or anything and I ordered for in store pick up.

The only reason I kept the order was for the art book. It doesn't matter that it's a pamphlet really. Have you seen what DLC codes and stupid preorder bonuses can sell for? That shit helps offset the cost of my games. So yeah I'll be pretty annoyed if I don't get it. I'll just return the game but still it'll be a waste of time, and I kind of want the game, just not for $53.

[quote name='kayne2000']so basically on friday i need to be there at 10 am when the store opens to insure i get the artbook or at least the odds of getting the art book going up quite a bit???[/QUOTE]

I would actually say yes. Gamestop employees are known to first-come-first-serve preorder bonuses. Undoubtedly someone here will get screwed even if they follow all the rules. Hopefully your store has a midnight release.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I ordered on February 24th...anyone know if the art book was a bonus at that point? Mine doesnt say premium or anything and I ordered for in store pick up.

The only reason I kept the order was for the art book. It doesn't matter that it's a pamphlet really. Have you seen what DLC codes and stupid preorder bonuses can sell for? That shit helps offset the cost of my games. So yeah I'll be pretty annoyed if I don't get it. I'll just return the game but still it'll be a waste of time, and I kind of want the game, just not for $53.[/QUOTE]

Yup, i had the blazblue artbook. It was a piece of crap oversized move list. Put it on ebay and got bid up to $100. I got a second from aksys games themselves since i live close by and sold that for the same amount. Pretty surprising.

[quote name='Japakneez']I would actually say yes. Gamestop employees are known to first-come-first-serve preorder bonuses. Undoubtedly someone here will get screwed even if they follow all the rules. Hopefully your store has a midnight release.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was the manager ringing me up and I asked. he said it has to have premium on the receipt. I'm going to be there early anyway.

also for those doing in-store pickup, are you charged at all? I did a few but never was and most of the time the people never even printed out the email or even knew their store received a pickup order.

Meh. I could care less. If someone at my store wants my artbook they can have it. If not one of the people who are so offended in here can have it. I'm sure they'll be a trade thread on here for them or something.

Every artbook I've ever gotten is just tossed aside in my storage room. Unless it's a stuffed slime, I don't care much for reserve extras LoL

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Not surprised, with gamestop I have come to accept that preorder bonuses that are of physical nature are a random chance. Then again this is an artbook and well I know some people who do collect artbooks so they have a legitimate excuse if they preordered the game day one because of the artbook.

Although this game is easily worth the $50. I have an imported copy from Europe and it's fantastic so if you don't get the artbook, you still get one of the best RPG's if not games this gen.[/QUOTE]

The thing that is really annoying about this thread is that there was no "day one" pre-order with the art book. It got added well after the pre-orders opened, so as far as I'm concerned, if people get it they get it and if they don't, they don't. Who cares? Are you really gonna sit there and read it repeatedly or are you going to play what from all reports is a truly amazing game? It's literally a 20 page tiny little pamphlet. Give it a rest.

I'm having a bit of a laugh at all of the outrage and "pre-outrage" (basically the same thing as outrage but prefaced with "If this is true...") over this. I think we should probably wait for more details before we start pre-loading our anger or worrying about if we have to go to the store at 10AM to try and snag an artbook.

Right now we have one guy with only some very scant details from his sole experience. Outside of the OP's duplicate posting on a site called Shorukyen I haven't seen anything about it on the internet, especially places I would expect to have alot of early adopters like the Project Rainfall site. He could be right for all I know, but IMO there doesn't seem to be enough here to jump to the conclusions or creating the theatrics that some of you are.

[quote name='nnthomas']The game is absolutely amazing. Enjoy crying over your 5 page artbook. The french artbook was leagues better anyway.[/QUOTE]

Great contribution to the thread, I'm glad we have such insightful posters as you.

[quote name='iamsmart']

Right now we have one guy with only some very scant details from his sole experience.[/QUOTE]

...who also posted in the wrong forum. And is a total crybaby.

I checked my store today. Apparently they are getting 6 copies of the book. I get one because I was preorder #1 =D

The GameStop I usually go to has friendly, knowledgable folk so I went over to place a preorder. The manager mentioned that they reached the cutoff for the premium version and asked if i still wanted to preorder. I didn't ask her what that meant but assumed it was the art book bonus. Anyway, not having the preorder bonus wasn't gonna stop me from supporting the game. I want to say that since the orders are placed on separate SKUs (or descriptions), the bonus may very well be packaged with the game like Best Buy's FFXIII-2 novella book.

My brother pre ordered this a long while back, not sure if he did it in the time frame to get the artbook but he's under the impression that he's going to receive it. Hmm im gonna tell him to go and check since i dont think he's aware of this whole fiasco. By the way I had a funny little thing happen to me at gamestop today. I went in to cancel some pre-orders that i had (Resident Evil Raccoon City which i never picked up, and 2 preorders for Assassins Creed 3 one of which was for my brother). Well I am moving to another city 45 minutes away at the end of this month. So i saw no point in keeping my pre-orders since i will obviously not be here when Assassins Creed gets released. So i go in today to cancel them, i tell the guy when i walk in that im cancelling my pre orders to which he immediately asks me why im cancelling them and i tell him im moving to Lake Elsinore and he quickly goes "oh ok, do you want the money right now or are you gonna buy anything?" So i tell him that im gonna look around anyway so hold off the giving me the money back incase i end up buying something. So i look around for a bit and dont see anything of interest so then i go back to the register to which at this point the guy that was originally helping me is busy with a customer and i get the other gamestop employee to help me. The guy that originally helped me asks the other employee to just finish off the transaction that he originally started for my cancellations. So the guy i guess notices that i pre ordered a few copies of Assassins Creed and right away asks me "did u receive the steelbooks for the pre orders?" to which i respond "yea i got them when i first pre ordered." He then tells me "umm...can you return them since you are cancelling the pre orders?" At this point i just look at him and im like "Are you serious?" then the other gamestop employee that originally helped me out jumps in and says "oh he's moving to Lake Elsinore thats why he's cancelling them." So the guy says "oh ok then" and finally cancels my pre orders and gives me my money back. I've never had this happen to me and i actually thought it was pretty funny afterwards that the guy actually asked me back for the steelbooks in order to cancel my pre orders. Anybody else ever had something like this happen to them?

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']My brother pre ordered this a long while back, not sure if he did it in the time frame to get the artbook but he's under the impression that he's going to receive it. Hmm im gonna tell him to go and check since i dont think he's aware of this whole fiasco. By the way I had a funny little thing happen to me at gamestop today. I went in to cancel some pre-orders that i had (Resident Evil Raccoon City which i never picked up, and 2 preorders for Assassins Creed 3 one of which was for my brother). Well I am moving to another city 45 minutes away at the end of this month. So i saw no point in keeping my pre-orders since i will obviously not be here when Assassins Creed gets released. So i go in today to cancel them, i tell the guy when i walk in that im cancelling my pre orders to which he immediately asks me why im cancelling them and i tell him im moving to Lake Elsinore and he quickly goes "oh ok, do you want the money right now or are you gonna buy anything?" So i tell him that im gonna look around anyway so hold off the giving me the money back incase i end up buying something. So i look around for a bit and dont see anything of interest so then i go back to the register to which at this point the guy that was originally helping me is busy with a customer and i get the other gamestop employee to help me. The guy that originally helped me asks the other employee to just finish off the transaction that he originally started for my cancellations. So the guy i guess notices that i pre ordered a few copies of Assassins Creed and right away asks me "did u receive the steelbooks for the pre orders?" to which i respond "yea i got them when i first pre ordered." He then tells me "umm...can you return them since you are cancelling the pre orders?" At this point i just look at him and im like "Are you serious?" then the other gamestop employee that originally helped me out jumps in and says "oh he's moving to Lake Elsinore thats why he's cancelling them." So the guy says "oh ok then" and finally cancels my pre orders and gives me my money back. I've never had this happen to me and i actually thought it was pretty funny afterwards that the guy actually asked me back for the steelbooks in order to cancel my pre orders. Anybody else ever had something like this happen to them?[/QUOTE]

Dude... Paragraphs.

Use them.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']lol why in the world would you take two majors?
[/QUOTE]

Do you not understand the value of education?

You can preorder this online and not have to set foot in a Gamestop did you know that?

Here are some pics of the artbook http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=174434 and http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/28/lets-open-up-the-xenoblade-chronicles-art-book/from this thread:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/xenoblade-pre-order-artbook-revealed.250114974/

The art book’s 20 pages are printed on heavy and glossy paper

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered rather late and my sales receipt says no premium so I guess I won't be getting the artbook. Sucks, but I'll be too interested in playing the game than flipping through what amounts to a pamphlet.

I pre-ordered from Nintendo Direct... no interest in giving Lamestop any money, and this is just one of the many reasons for that.

[quote name='Arakias']Do you not understand the value of education?

You can preorder this online and not have to set foot in a Gamestop did you know that?

Here are some pics of the artbook http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=174434 and http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/28/lets-open-up-the-xenoblade-chronicles-art-book/from this thread:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/xenoblade-pre-order-artbook-revealed.250114974/[/QUOTE]
Not that much education no.

How much does nintendo charge for shipping

[quote name='Arakias']^ I second that motion. Didnt read a thing in that block.[/QUOTE]

Haha sorry, im short pretty much i went it to cancel some pre orders on some games because i am moving at the end of the month. And one gamestop employee wouldn't let me cancel the pre orders unless i returned the Assassins Creed steelbooks that i got for pre ordering. It wasn't until i explained to him that i was moving away that he processed the cancellation and gave me my money back.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Haha sorry, im short pretty much i went it to cancel some pre orders on some games because i am moving at the end of the month. And one gamestop employee wouldn't let me cancel the pre orders unless i returned the Assassins Creed steelbooks that i got for pre ordering. It wasn't until i explained to him that i was moving away that he processed the cancellation and gave me my money back.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what the big deal is. You got your money back and a free steelbook. Asking for the steelbook back doesn't seem to be out of line since they probably run into a whole bunch of folks who "pre-order" just for the steelbook and cancel later. I was at a gamestop last week and a lady pre-ordered the game for her son, but they didn't have any steelbooks left for her (which sucks since her little kid was there too).

Not saying you shouldn't get your money back, but you possibly could have screwed a paying customer out of their steelbook.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']placed a pre-order today.

the guy said they're not giving out the premium bonus anymore (guess he doesn't know it's an artbook). I asked is it first come first serve. he said no that the receipt has to have premium on it. he didn't look it up but estimated that there were a dozen preorders so far (same guy told me Friday that 50 people already preorder KH 3D lol).

he doesn't know how many they'll be since they didn't get the games yet. this is why it should be first come first serve. that's basically what it will be if they do enforce the "receipt must have premium" mantra. I'll be there early and hope some know nothing employee is there.

also going to call up other stores and likely preorder at several.[/QUOTE]

Oh, for the love of Nintendo. I preordered and paid in full back on 03/08, and my receipt doesn't say Premium on it.

Here is the thing...with so many stories and such...I think gamestop screwed up themselves at this point. Interesting enough, we had 3 other preordered at my store between jan-march and every one of them is labeled as not premium either. I am thinking that they will probably end up sending an allocated amount to each store and do a first come first serve basis if needed also (not saying that is right..but in my experience that is how gamestop usually operates). Until the actual universal release, its anyone's guess what is going to happen with the artbooks...

I know this is probably a bad idea, but this is going to determine whether or not I'm going to pre-order/buying the Last Story from Gamestop.

I pre-ordered my copy of Xenoblade long before March, even before Tales of Grace f was released.

I know I pre-ordered even before an artbook was announced. I really hope that's not the excuse I hear for not getting an artbook.

I have a bad feeling that my pre-order bonus is going to "disappear" and/or there were "more pre-orders than pre-order bonuses corporate sent us" scenario.

Called my store. They told me they'd find out and put me on hold, 45minutes later (huzzah unlimited minutes), they picked up and asked for my number to get back to me.

I'm not going to get the preorder bonus. Even if arrive at 10am sharp.

it sucks that there is a cutoff date for the preorder bonus, i just preordered a week ago and missed it by a day, i would buy from nintendo but i have so much gamestop credit atm so might as well use that

bread's done
Back