Gamestop NOT Honoring Some Xenoblade Pre-Orders With The Artbook

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'll do you one better. Hit me up in Florida and we can down our memories in some private stock.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it helps. :)

Got my artbook! :D

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I've only had that happen on niche games that no one else would really want, and they are at the mercy of the supplier. Amazon has been days behind expected release dates on games. No reason to complain about the retailer, when the company pumping the games out are slow to ship.[/QUOTE]

Two of the three intsances were not niche games, the most recent was Rock Band 2. The worst part is that all 2 of the 3(I checked to make sure what you mentioned wasn't going on) times the games were available anywhere else I looked. The problem was I had already paid a large chunk, if not all of it, so buying elsewhere usually wasn't an option unless I wanted to deal with getting a refund. I even tried going with a different GS, same thing happened. So, you're wrong. The retailer has been at fault in my experiences, and that's only scratching the surface with how many bad experiences I've had with GS... Which is why I try to avoid them like the plague. As for Amazon, I've ordered tons of games/Blu-rays/CDs with release date delivery, and they've only been late for me once.

I'll be breaking my GS rule for this game though :)

[quote name='junkie88']So the GameStop clerk called and said they just got the art book in and I can come pick it up. Really happy she did that since I canceled the pre order and didn't buy the game. Now I have to figure out how to retract my negative review I left for the store.[/QUOTE]

Did you really give them a negative review because of that?...

[quote name='Potatoeman']Did you really give them a negative review because of that?...[/QUOTE]

Of course I gave them a negative review for not filling a preorder premium that I ordered in dec and checked countless times in store to insure that I was going to receive it. If the 10 times I asked if I was going to get it they had said no or even maybe it might be different but every time they said yes you will get it even the day before when I called and asked.

When I went in this morning they left it at your not getting it sorry. They didn't ask for my number and say well call you, they must of just got it from the preorder that I cancelled. On the new receipt I left a glowing review and left a message for the manager to call me so I can advise him why I left the orginal negative review. Again when I left the first time it was left at sorry didn't know about the art book and your not getting it, would you like to preorder something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='junkie88']Of force I gave them a negative review for not filling a preorder premium that I ordered in dec and checked countless times in store to insure that I was going to receive it. If the 10 times I asked if I was going to get it they had said no or even maybe it might be different but every time they said yes you will get it even the day before when I called and asked.

When I went in this morning they left it at your not getting it sorry. They didn't ask for my number and say well call you, they must of just got it from the preorder that I cancelled. On the new receipt I left a glowing review and left a message for the manager to call me so I can advise him why I left the orginal negative review. Again when I left the first time it was left at sorry didn't know about the art book and your not getting it would you like to preorder something else?[/QUOTE]

1897cool-story-brah-cat.jpg

Welp, no artbook for me.

Thanks again, Gamestop. Four different employees said I would. Manager said he'd set me one aside yesterday. Go in and I'm told that they gave it away to somebody that didn't even preorder.

At least they were honest about the last part.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Glitter and magazine rack thing?[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Noobs...

It's where you knock over their magazine (or guide) rack and throw (or shoot) glitter everywhere.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Welp, no artbook for me.

Thanks again, Gamestop. Four different employees said I would. Manager said he'd set me one aside yesterday. Go in and I'm told that they gave it away to somebody that didn't even preorder.

At least they were honest about the last part.[/QUOTE]

you must be very jelly. i got two art books at 4 PM today.

i expect massive flaming to come my way.

[quote name='Mixer236']And that's the reason I NEVER preorder with GS anymore. I had to wait an extra 1-3 days on 3 separate occasions on the store to actually get the games I had preordered in. What the heck is the reason to preorder if not to have the game on it's release(aside from a nice promo, which I've been denied in the past as well)?[/QUOTE]

what gamestop is this??? everyone ive been to gets there games on release day even odd games. even a game in which i was the only pre ordered copy of it. i know because they told me oh yea that game we got two copies the one you ordered and some odd extra one.

Two of the GS's that are in my area. One at the closest mall from my work, the other being the one closest to my house. The especially maddening part about the RB2 incident was that I was on my way to a party, and I was the one that was supposed to be bringing the game. "Oh, yeah, I see your PS3 order in the computer right here... But we only got the 360 version in. We might have it tomorrow if you wanna come back and check." Um, no thanks. I had to go back out to Walmart to pick up the bundle and get a refund at that GS the following week. These instances, along with their (usually)crappy TiV & employees that constantly want to bug you about preordering has been enough to sour me from giving them my business unless I have to.

[quote name='Vinny']*sigh* Noobs...

It's where you knock over their magazine (or guide) rack and throw (or shoot) glitter everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I may be childish, but I wouldn't do that.

[quote name='kayne2000']you must be very jelly. i got two art books at 4 PM today.

i expect massive flaming to come my way.[/QUOTE]

What's jelly? And Congrats. I just decided not to go through with the preorder, so I just took back my 50GS credit and I'll use it on a different game. I wanted to purchase it to keep a sealed copy for my collection, get the lil booklet, and support the fact NoA brought it over. But I already had the game from an import anyways. Not nabbing the artbook saved me some credit so it's all good.

But I am rather upset at the employees there. Wish I they could have put a little more effort into the service. Telling me that they weren't in at 10am, and then telling me later in the day that they handed them all out already and I should have come earlier was just irritating.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Welp, no artbook for me.

At least they were honest about the last part.[/QUOTE]

wow. did they specifically say the person didn't preorder? I wonder if he asked or worse they just gave it away

[quote name='kayne2000']you must be very jelly. i got two art books at 4 PM today.

i expect massive flaming to come my way.[/QUOTE]

no idea how that dumb term started being used.

did you preorder two copies or were given an extra?

Yep. Said they had an extra, so they gave it away to a guy that didn't preorder. So I'm assuming that was at least two people that didn't.

But again, saved me 50USD worth of credit. Now I just need to find something else worthwhile in Gamestop to buy.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yep. Said they had an extra, so they gave it away to a guy that didn't preorder. So I'm assuming that was at least two people that didn't.

But again, saved me 50USD worth of credit. Now I just need to find something else worthwhile in Gamestop to buy.[/QUOTE]

That's horrible, giving someone a pre-order bonus who didn't even pre-order! I'd complain to those particular Gamestop employees, maybe they'll track down another for you.

I figure that even if you pre-order after the cut off date, those people should have first dibs on extra bonuses that are sent. Not those who didn't even pre-order.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I may be childish, but I wouldn't do that.

[/QUOTE]

It's a joke... none of us have ever done that. At least, to my knowledge anyway.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']That's horrible, giving someone a pre-order bonus who didn't even pre-order! I'd complain to those particular Gamestop employees, maybe they'll track down another for you.

I figure that even if you pre-order after the cut off date, those people should have first dibs on extra bonuses that are sent. Not those who didn't even pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I can't say that's horrible, in my opinion since I've also been on the receiving end of free preorder goodies when I didn't preorder.

As for the cut off date ordeal, I don't think that matters regarding that particular store since they received an extra artbooklet.

[quote name='Morandor']Why would you keep doing business with a place that blatantly does that? No wonder they get away with it.[/QUOTE]

If I could use my Gamestop credit in Walmart, Bestbuy or Amazon, I would. If you find of some way to pull that off, please private message me right away! I've considered "trading" my credit with other CAG members here, but shockingly, folks around here are cheap.

I mean, "I barely use Amazon. So if you want cash, I'll only give you 40 for every 65 in Amazon Credit" cheap.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I can't say that's horrible, in my opinion since I've also been on the receiving end of free preorder goodies when I didn't preorder.

As for the cut off date ordeal, I don't think that matters regarding that particular store since they received an extra artbooklet.

If I could use my Gamestop credit in Walmart, Bestbuy or Amazon, I would. If you find of some way to pull that off, please private message me right away! I've considered "trading" my credit with other CAG members here, but shockingly, folks around here are cheap.

I mean, "I barely use Amazon. So if you want cash, I'll only give you 40 for every 65 in Amazon Credit" cheap.[/QUOTE]

thats not being cheap. thats being unfair and playing dirty. then again im not shocked as im sure quite a few el hoardos are on this website and participate in regular constant price scalping which ive found leads to people being unfair and playing dirty.

dont get me wrong nothing wrong with selling things for a mark up but im sure its taken to some level of extreme as you said 40 for 65.

[quote name='Morandor']Why would you keep doing business with a place that blatantly does that? No wonder they get away with it.[/QUOTE]

well ive never been screwed by gamestop in 10+ years so....

i got mine the day after release (since I was at PAX East and couldnt get there until Saturday; made it 10 min b4 my gamestop closed) and i got the LAST art book that they had, and they still had 2 preorders left she said. I was very lucky.

I kinda get the feeling that GS did get enough of these artbooks but that these were sent out in batches to only the stores that got a significant number of preorders.

I was out of town at Sakura Con on release day, so my mom picked this up for me- my store got no artbooks in on release day, but the guy told my mom they'd be in later and even noted on my reciept I still needed one. I called Monday and was able to pick it up- the clerk on Monday asked when I'd pre-ordered becuase there was a cutoff. I told him January, and that I had the reciept to prove it if need be- but apparently he recognizes me being in there a lot so my word was good enough. :D

My fiance watched me play it on Tuesday and decided he wanted one, but he won't shop at Gamestop. We put in the order at Nintendo's site right then. Got a shipping email the next day, and it was delivered the day after that- yay for being local! (For the interested, the cheapest shipping from NOA was about $5 for me.)

bread's done
Back