Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

[quote name='Lucian']Classic tag up there: "supposingly is not a word"[/QUOTE]

Agreed... I like "wink and a shoosh" as well, hilarious

[quote name='Saix_XIII']All the games that are $1-3 are junk anyway...even if they are down to 20-25 cents a piece who would want them?[/QUOTE]

Madden or NBA coasters? Cheaper-than-dollar-store frisbees? Christmas tree ornaments for the sports lover in your family? Tape them together to make one of those beach sun reflector tanning things? Just watch MacGyver on Netflix and let your mind expand...lol

Hmmm, I thought GameStop was considering selling older games (SNES, Genesis, etc) to drum up more business. But then again, the PS2 was only last generation.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Surprised Gamestops even still have PS2 games ... have to think by this time all the good games are pretty much gone (or in absolutely abysmal condition).[/QUOTE]

True except I keep getting lucky, I just got a case (black) for kingdom hearts.. they didn't have they disc, but my gf did

[quote name='MR_E']Madden or NBA coasters? Cheaper-than-dollar-store frisbees? Christmas tree ornaments for the sports lover in your family? Tape them together to make one of those beach sun reflector tanning things? Just watch MacGyver on Netflix and let your mind expand...lol[/QUOTE]

Hang em in your fruit trees to keep the birds away

[quote name='ral1121']Did he wink and put a finger over his lips?[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or should this not be a joke yet a question wether the gamestop employee is full of sh*t

Unfortunately there aren't really any PS2 games that Gamestops around me carrry that I want that are $1-$3 anyways.

Now a B2G2 on ALL PS2 titles, that might be worth some effort to drive around town lol. They had that deal a while back and I cleared out most of the stores in the area of games I wanted or ones that I could flip online, but I noticed some stores got in more stock (presumably from other area stores).

the gamestop i went into today the dude was too buzzy digging his freaking head to do anything

YES FOR JUST 349.99 You can bring home the new WII U with the box covered in LICE LOL

[quote name='StealOfADeal']You weren't even registered for the first time this joke bestowed CAG you little troll.[/QUOTE]
Lurker, and so what? You've been registered for a few months more. Does that make you feel special? I'm no troll. All I said was that I didn't find it funny. Because it wasn't funny. Why don't you go get lost?

[quote name='iKhaotic']Unfortunately there aren't really any PS2 games that Gamestops around me carrry that I want that are $1-$3 anyways.

Now a B2G2 on ALL PS2 titles, that might be worth some effort to drive around town lol. They had that deal a while back and I cleared out most of the stores in the area of games I wanted or ones that I could flip online, but I noticed some stores got in more stock (presumably from other area stores).[/QUOTE]

I agree with the human above me. If it was B2G2 on all PS2 games I'd be all over it but I doubt anything in that price range would interest me.
I'll still check it out though so thanks op you stud muffin you.

I have a friend who is a store manager, I know the DM in my area thru him. He confirmed this to me via txt msg just now, yet the details and date of the sale are not set in stone. He said they are having a huge fire sale on everything PS2, same with any store that has Gamecube and GBA stock left. (mine still have a box of GBA games on the counter) They will also stop accepting PS2 for trade in well before the Wii U is out. He is hitting me back on the exact date and sale, will post when I get the info.

[quote name='KrisMKX']I have a friend who is a store manager, I know the DM in my area thru him. He confirmed this to me via txt msg just now, yet the details and date of the sale are not set in stone. He said they are having a huge fire sale on everything PS2, same with any store that has Gamecube and GBA stock left. (mine still have a box of GBA games on the counter) They will also stop accepting PS2 for trade in well before the Wii U is out. He is hitting me back on the exact date and sale, will post when I get the info.[/QUOTE]

Some stores in my area have already stopped accepting PS2 stuff.

[quote name='KrisMKX']I have a friend who is a store manager, I know the DM in my area thru him. He confirmed this to me via txt msg just now, yet the details and date of the sale are not set in stone. He said they are having a huge fire sale on everything PS2, same with any store that has Gamecube and GBA stock left. (mine still have a box of GBA games on the counter) They will also stop accepting PS2 for trade in well before the Wii U is out. He is hitting me back on the exact date and sale, will post when I get the info.[/QUOTE]

Cube fire sale? Freakin. Sweet.

WOW that was my old Thread! i cant believe someone actually remembered that! and at the end of gamestock it wasn't b2g1f anyways , but i died from all the comments you guys did !

[quote name='portnoyd']Cube fire sale? Freakin. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

any stores with GC stuff around here has been mostly crap for ages now. ooo wow madden 2005 oh yay. though a backup gamecube player would be nice if i get the funds for one as ive heard the wii's disc drive is prone to random failure and well the gamecube was built to survive nuclear world war 3.

sadly ive bought some of that crap. not that one particular game but you get my point.

i'd imagine most of the ps2 games are likely the poor left overs that no one gives a crap about games. though wouldnt mind a back up ps2 player either.

so i recently found an old ps2 of mine, and i have some component cables, however everytime i hook it up to my hdtv i get no picture. rca works though. i think i need to change the display settings but i'm not sure. i would have tried but i don't have a ps2 controller, lol

Any sale on games over $3.99, btw? Would actually be cool to pick up some of the Singstar ps2 games since they're playable through the ps3 game engine via disc swap...and the stores here have some in stock...but some of the good ones are $6 or 7...

Did he happen to include a winking face in the text (or one of these :whistle2:$)? Perhaps there are no details because it's a special sale just for you ;)

[quote name='tokyostomp']so i recently found an old ps2 of mine, and i have some component cables, however everytime i hook it up to my hdtv i get no picture. rca works though. i think i need to change the display settings but i'm not sure. i would have tried but i don't have a ps2 controller, lol[/QUOTE]

The display settings are in the system menu if you boot it up with no game/dvd in the drive....If you don't have a working controller, a PS2 DVD remote should also work for navigating the menu...They are something like $2-3 at gamestop.

The 4 Gamestops near me, all within 1-5 miles of me, still have PS2 games... but its once on a blue moon they have good stuff. I might look into this, though. I'm in the market for another PS2 slim and got the itch to play some classics that haven't quite made it to the PSN.

i say this never happens local on here says they have

can get any 5 for a buck

hot shot golf 3
breeders cup
pinball hall of fame
beach volleyball
nascar thunder 3
march mdness 06

i take those 5 for a buck anyday

The gamestop I frequent gutted over half the ps2 games they had, everything left is either something I have, something I don't want or is priced 20 or more >.>

[quote name='Saix_XIII']All the games that are $1-3 are junk anyway...even if they are down to 20-25 cents a piece who would want them?[/QUOTE]

There are a few PS2 games that are worth anything now, but the rest should be sold off for cheap cheap cheap. They would move inventory and could use that space to stock up on stuff that people want.

[quote name='slidecage']i say this never happens local on here says they have

can get any 5 for a buck

hot shot golf 3
breeders cup
pinball hall of fame
beach volleyball
nascar thunder 3
march mdness 06

i take those 5 for a buck anyday[/QUOTE]

Not being a breeder myself, I had no idea you all had made it a sport... no less, one with trophies and video games.

Confirmed.

Think this will start on Monday, but all PS2 games 99cent or under 5 for a $1. Most, if not all PS2 game TiVs are being set to 2cents. Think I saw a email about a B2G2 on PS2 games as well, I will double-check later tonight.

Also, starting Monday, 9/24, GS will accept RROD systems. However if you voided your warranty by opening the system, we CAN NOT take it in.

[quote name='sasukekun']Confirmed.

Think this will start on Monday, but all PS2 games 99cent or under 5 for a $1. Most, if not all PS2 game TiVs are being set to 2cents. Think I saw a email about a B2G2 on PS2 games as well, I will double-check later tonight.

Also, starting Monday, 9/24, GS will accept RROD systems. However if you voided your warranty by opening the system, we CAN NOT take it in.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the update! A confirmation that it does in fact start Monday (as opposed to Friday, as previously reported) would be great, if possible. Thanks!

Also, starting Monday, 9/24, GS will accept RROD systems. However if you voided your warranty by opening the system, we CAN NOT take it in.[/QUOTE]

nice! will probably scout my local gamestops to see if they have anything worthwhile at that price point later today.

Awesome! I bought a 360 with the seal intact for 4.99 at a thrift store! Add the $1 power supply I got at the other thrift and the 1.99 controller from a Garage sale and I almost have a trade in. Wait it has a HDMI port. Would a HDMI cable be ok for the a/v cable?

can some1 ples moderate the tags and delte them who ist he owenr of this site they reference a very immature and hateful juvenle "joke" that is not funny and has antigay bias. i didnt kno this website was a "hate" site and "hate" speech is NOT free speech and not protect under u.s.a. amedment or any amedment that i care about.

[quote name='tokyostomp']so i recently found an old ps2 of mine, and i have some component cables, however everytime i hook it up to my hdtv i get no picture. rca works though. i think i need to change the display settings but i'm not sure. i would have tried but i don't have a ps2 controller, lol[/QUOTE]

That was the coolest story ever. Can you tell it again?

I just bought a Silver PS2 slim @ the flea market this past weekend for $3. Considering I have $3 or so in credit @ GS, I will probably pick up that $2 used power cable (didn't come w/ one), & see what if anything worthwhile I'll find in games.

[quote name='Fukurou']Lurker, and so what? You've been registered for a few months more. Does that make you feel special? I'm no troll. All I said was that I didn't find it funny. Because it wasn't funny. Why don't you go get lost?[/QUOTE]

A few months more? Ha. Okay pal. A "few". :roll:

[quote name='slowdive21']Awesome! I bought a 360 with the seal intact for 4.99 at a thrift store! Add the $1 power supply I got at the other thrift and the 1.99 controller from a Garage sale and I almost have a trade in. Wait it has a HDMI port. Would a HDMI cable be ok for the a/v cable?[/QUOTE]

Just be aware, there is associated refurb fee when you trade in a RROD 360. Not sure how much it is though.

bread's done
Back