Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

[quote name='StealOfADeal']A few months more? Ha. Okay pal. A "few". :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that guy found out what his local GS manager's wink and shhhhhhh was all about. :booty:

[quote name='sasukekun']Confirmed.

Think this will start on Monday, but all PS2 games 99cent or under 5 for a $1. Most, if not all PS2 game TiVs are being set to 2cents. Think I saw a email about a B2G2 on PS2 games as well, I will double-check later tonight.

Also, starting Monday, 9/24, GS will accept RROD systems. However if you voided your warranty by opening the system, we CAN NOT take it in.[/QUOTE]

So the PS2 sale is starting Monday and not Friday?

Guess I'll try stopping by a Gamestop on the way home from work.

Also does this sale apply online too?

Think this will start on Monday, but all PS2 games 99cent or under 5 for a $1. Most, if not all PS2 game TiVs are being set to 2cents. Think I saw a email about a B2G2 on PS2 games as well, I will double-check later tonight.

Also, starting Monday, 9/24, GS will accept RROD systems. However if you voided your warranty by opening the system, we CAN NOT take it in.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I saw 9/20 as the start of this PS2 sale. Also, starting 10/1, the Buy 5 $0.99 and under for $1 becomes Buy 10 $0.99 and under for $1.

This is a little confusing. So all PS2 games valued at $.99 will be 5 for $1? And all others will be apart of a B2G2 later on?

[quote name='1898']can some1 ples moderate the tags and delte them who ist he owenr of this site they reference a very immature and hateful juvenle "joke" that is not funny and has antigay bias. i didnt kno this website was a "hate" site and "hate" speech is NOT free speech and not protect under u.s.a. amedment or any amedment that i care about.[/QUOTE]

Nice attempt at a troll. Your horrible spelling mixed with jumbled protected speech logic that makes no sense didn't rile up anybody.

I love your way of defining hate. I hate Jersey Shore. Therefore anything on Jersey Shore is hate speech and not protected under the first amendment. AMIRITE?

Private sites can filter how they want. Example: They banned you.

I can't believe I got trolled enough to even respond to someone trolling about "free speech" on private property.

2.5/10

Sale starts 9/20 for some weird reason, and there is a B2G2 free on PS2 games as well as all PS2 games 99c or under are, 5 for $1.

Maybe we can get a list going of some of the better .99 games. I'll contribute with:

Space Channel 5: Special Edition
Herdy Gerdy
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

[quote name='sasukekun']Sale starts 9/20 for some weird reason, and there is a B2G2 free on PS2 games as well as all PS2 games 99c or under are, 5 for $1.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow, Thursday, is 9/20, not Monday. Does it really start on Thursday? Thanks for confirming it though, I know I'll be getting a bunch at that price.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Maybe we can get a list going of some of the better .99 games. I'll contribute with:

Herdy Gerdy
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the games yesterday and did not see any of those games for .99, aside for mgs2. Maybe they are reducing the price of more games to .99 now in preparation of the sale?

Confirmed. It's tomorrow. I'm grabbing and putting my stuff away when I close tonight

Edit: Oh it's 5 for $1 if they are .99 or less, and b2g2 for the $1- 3.99

Edit 2: No price drops. There are some gems there like the cool boarders and some Matrix games and the like, but mostly sports games and crapzilla are in this range. In for a collection of games w/cases

[quote name='vic_x51']I was looking at the games yesterday and did not see any of those games for .99, aside for mgs2. Maybe they are reducing the price of more games to .99 now in preparation of the sale?[/QUOTE]

I got them directly from the site...they are all .99

[quote name='Confidance']Confirmed. It's tomorrow. I'm grabbing and putting my stuff away when I close tonight

Edit: Oh it's 5 for $1 if they are .99 or less, and b2g2 for the $1- 3.99[/QUOTE]

So nothing for games priced higher than $3.99? That sucks.

I don't know if you guys are into music games, but they had a LOT of Dance Dance Revolution games last week. I ended up getting 5 of them for under 10 bucks.

DDRMAX 1/2, Extreme 2, DDRX 1/2

So witht his deal I could have got them all for a dollar :(

They had a lot of GTA's too, including LC/VC Stories, GTA 3, VC, SA

So same thing with them

I'll try to check this out tomorrow. I probably won't be able to make it but I would love to pick up some games, you can't beat 5 for $1, even if they aren't the best games in the world.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Mojo
Stuntman
GoDai: Elemental Force (Never played but looks interesting)
Freekstyle
LOTR: The Two Towers
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

That was the stuff that showed up online that looked worth $.20

As for someone who doesn't own a PS2 or backwards compatible PS3, would this be worth flipping at Best Buy? Looks like a handful of PS2 games trade in for 25 cents and with the extra 100% we can be looking at about 30 cents profit per game.

As I was typing that out, I've decided it's not worth it.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']As for someone who doesn't own a PS2 or backwards compatible PS3, would this be worth flipping at Best Buy? Looks like a handful of PS2 games trade in for 25 cents and with the extra 100% we can be looking at about 30 cents profit per game.

As I was typing that out, I've decided it's not worth it
.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Brash_Attack']As for someone who doesn't own a PS2 or backwards compatible PS3, would this be worth flipping at Best Buy? Looks like a handful of PS2 games trade in for 25 cents and with the extra 100% we can be looking at about 30 cents profit per game.

As I was typing that out, I've decided it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I did the math and it is most certainly worth it. For ever dollar you spend at game stop you get 2.65 in credit at Best Buy. So let's say that you spent 10 dollars at Game Stop you would end up with about 26.50 in Best Buy credit. This is most certainly worth it. Going to try to get as many of these PS2 games a possible. :)

[quote name='RandyGordo']I did the math and it is most certainly worth it. For ever dollar you spend at game stop you get 2.65 in credit at Best Buy. So let's say that you spent 10 dollars at Game Stop you would end up with about 26.50 in Best Buy credit. This is most certainly worth it. Going to try to get as many of these PS2 games a possible. :)[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. From a dollars and cents standpoint it makes sense I guess but it's only going to help push you over the volume trader threshold and get banned from trading.

[quote name='RandyGordo']I did the math and it is most certainly worth it. For ever dollar you spend at game stop you get 2.65 in credit at Best Buy. So let's say that you spent 10 dollars at Game Stop you would end up with about 26.50 in Best Buy credit. This is most certainly worth it. Going to try to get as many of these PS2 games a possible. :)[/QUOTE]

Screwing everyone else by hoarding for your own benefit?

Mitt+Romney+approves+of+this+_4e975db053dbd1389bac27a4f8ca901e.jpg

Employees at my local GS had no idea about this deal/promo... hopefully a GS around me has this. 5 games for a buck isn't too bad.

[quote name='sasukekun']Sale starts 9/20 for some weird reason, and there is a B2G2 free on PS2 games as well as all PS2 games 99c or under are, 5 for $1.[/QUOTE]
Wait, I'm sort of confused

Is the B2G2 on everything? Not just

This is the stupidest sale ever... Talk about getting my hopes up for nothing.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the PS2 is like that roach that won't die at gamestop. I feel like I've been waiting forever for them to blowout their old PS2 inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the $3.99 restriction destroyed my hopes. But after sifting through a few pages, I think I found a few worthwhile titles.
Lumines Plus
Zatch Bell
Shadow of Destiny
Deus Ex
Yuyu Hakusho: Dark Tournament
Viewtiful Joe

All of these are $1.99 and they all look ok or at least good for a filler item. Just hoping most of them come with a case, but likely not. Either way, 4 games for pretty much a dollar a piece is not bad.

[quote name='cjenvy']so b2g2 is valid online but 5 for a dollar isnt how fucking stupid is that[/QUOTE]

They do that so re sellers and such can't abuse the system, but it is kinda stupid that their basically going to make you sift through their stores to find the .99 games which you probably wont find, and it would be a waste of time :(

From what many stores told me last week, in October or November GS is going to be field destroying between 1k-1.6k SKU's based on how many stores have and how quickly they sell.

I personally cant wait as there is a store in Trinity where they put all games no matter the price in a bin. There's a whole bunch of rarities but the bin is so big you cant even put your fingers between the discs and they also have a mountain sized stack of games spread out on top of the ones that are lined vertically. It took me 90 minutes through the whole thing once and 80% of it were sports games from the early oughts. Sadly I still couldn't find the game I was looking for.

I went in today and got:

$0.99
Hot Shots Golf 3
Enter the Matrix
Metal Gear Solid 2
Gran Turismo 3
NFL 2k5

$1.99
XIII
SSX
Viewtiful Joe
Killer 7

$2.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Devil May Cry
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Simpsons Road Rage

Paid $11.44 total, which was actually almost $1 more than it was supposed to be. She didn't scan NFL 2k5 so the B2G2 took effect instead of the 5/$1. Didn't notice until I was home so I don't really care too much.

[quote name='weeman43302']I went in today and got:

$0.99
Hot Shots Golf 3
Enter the Matrix
Metal Gear Solid 2
Gran Turismo 3
NFL 2k5

$1.99
XIII
SSX
Viewtiful Joe
Killer 7

$2.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Devil May Cry
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Simpsons Road Rage

Paid $11.44 total, which was actually almost $1 more than it was supposed to be. She didn't scan NFL 2k5 so the B2G2 took effect instead of the 5/$1. Didn't notice until I was home so I don't really care too much.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a really good haul

Why is Gamestop selling PS2 rumors? Seems like that could have been a good plan about 12 years ago, but they are a little behind the times now...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']That's actually a really good haul[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm happy with it because I never owned a PS2, but I have played a handful of these games. The only thing that sucks is that it took forever to go through all of the games, and none of them came with cases because my Gamestop gutted all the >$5 PS2 games.

I went to the GS by me that's the largest GS I know of, so they had a ton of Ps2 titles. Since I'm sticking to complete games only, a lot of those titles didn't get a look, like most GSes. I walked out with 34 games for $12.50, 4 games b2g2 and 30 b5 $1. Only 12 were nonsports including Outrun 2006, The Bouncer and Winning Eleven 7. All in all, my crazy collector side was thrilled with 30 games for 18 cents each and my gamer side is happy to be able to play Bouncer again.

I might go to my Gamestop to check out what they have, but all the PS2 games that I want, are purely for collection, and they are all over 10$.

Midway Arcade Treasures ( Primal Rage.... F yeah!)
Gundam Zeonic Front (F yeah!)
Zone of the Enders (F yeah!)
NFL Street
Jet Li: Rise to Honor (F yeah!)
Viewtiful Joe
Street Hoops (lol I loved this game way back when)
Onimusha 1 and 2 ( F yeah!)
Enter the Matrix
Cool Boarders ( remember that jampack vol. 2 demo lol )
Ace Combat 4
Madden 7 HoF Edition
Hunter the Reckoning 2
Silpheed The Lost Planet

A Great Come up for a little change

[quote name='MulderYuffie']So ALL games in this sale are disc only correct?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it just depends on your Gamestop.

bread's done
Back