Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

[quote name='oasisboy']Are you guys going to really spend hours and hours playing these games? Not to be a dick but time is precious (at least for me with work and family) so I know that I wouldn't spend much time with these games (especially OLD sport games).[/QUOTE]

I will. I never had a PS2 so its good for me. Plus sometimes I want to play a random sports game, so these $0.20 games will do fine. Even if you only play then for a couple hours it'll be worth it.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']wait a minute gamestop, my gamestop isn't having this sale. :([/QUOTE]

How is it that you always post the most inane questions? Every Gamestop in the US that still sells PS2 games is doing it. They probably just don't have the ads up.

[quote name='oasisboy']Are you guys going to really spend hours and hours playing these games? Not to be a dick but time is precious (at least for me with work and family) so I know that I wouldn't spend much time with these games (especially OLD sport games).[/QUOTE]

I will get around to playing them during the days I don't have school and I also bought them because I like collecting them im not saying I buy them just to buy them and never play them I actually take time to play them.

I got myself a few ps2 games yesterday:

Winning Eleven 6
ATV off road fury 2
Whirl Tour
Rebel Raiders:eek:peration nighthawk
Wake boarding unleashed(When I bought I thought it said skateboarding):lol:
Jet X20
Kelly Slater's pro surfer
Intellevision lives
Starsky and Hutch
Second Sight
Swing away golf
cool boarders 2001
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
Hot Shots Golf 3
Power Drome

So that is about 3 bucks for 15 games which is not bad.;)

[quote name='whitereflection']How is it that you always post the most inane questions? Every Gamestop in the US that still sells PS2 games is doing it. They probably just don't have the ads up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they don't have the ads up.
I think if they have a ps2 controller for a good deal I'll pick it up.
Maybe get midnight club.

Ended up with 10 games, most have scratches and 0 have cases just paper sleeves. The guys working my store actually helped me find half of them!

VF4: Evo
Socom II
Enter the Matrix
Hot Shots 3
MGS2: SOL
Ace Combat 4
Herdy Gerdy
Tokyo Extreme Racer 3
Run Like Hell
LotR: TT

My store also had some decent games but they were way more than $5 with cases and I didn't get any such as:

Ico
Shadow of colossus
Megaman X Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up with 18. Giving some to a friend of mine. Don't even know if some of em are good but shit for as cheap as I got em I don't mind.

MLB Slugfest Loaded
GT3 A-Spec
SOCOM US Navy Seals
SOCOM US Navy Seals (greatest hits)
All-Star Baseball 2004
ATV Offroad Fury 2 (Not for Resale printed on the disk)
Hot Shots Golf 3
Hot Shots Golf 3 (Greatest Hits)
Wipeout Fusion
Suzuki Superbikes

B2G2
Haven Call of the King
Unlimited Saga
Smuggler's Run
Project Snowblind
Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits
Summoner 2
Onimusha Warlords
The Mark of Kri

picked up another 20 or so at another store. This is great.

Found Victorious Boxers 2, have been wanting to try that series.

[quote name='oasisboy']Sales like this makes me wonder how GameStop keeps getting worst retailer year after year. And the haters are never to be found in these threads.

Edit: I keep seeing people bragging about huge hauls. The nice guy in me says: why not donate some of these games (18 cents!!!) to kids / organizations that can actually enjoy these games. I can see some shelters with plenty of kids getting joy from a game that only costs 18 cents. A PS2 is what now, $30?

Just saying... Last year I donated my guitar hero stuff and fatty PS2 to a charity and it was a very good feeling.[/QUOTE]

They get worst retailer for what they do the other 90% of the time - suck.

These clearances are pretty awesome but they only really come by a few times in every few years, so it's not like it'll permanently change people being upset with their pushy sales, smelly, ugly stores, and poor quality of used merchandise sold only a few dollars cheaper than new.

Went and got 15 more games today. 28 games for $14 is pretty good.

[quote name='MrSneis']My store also had some decent games but they were way more than $5 with cases and I didn't get any such as:

Ico
Shadow of colossus
Megaman X Collection[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can't believe they still try to sell Ico for $29.99. The copy in my store has been there forever because the case if mangled and has the name "Mason" on the front. I don't think they have SotC, but I would assume it's the same price.

I went to about 3 GameStops. One had a pretty much cleared inventory except sports games, another had shipped off all their inventory to other stores, and one will a bunch of good stuff in it, imo.

5 for 1$
Dropship United Peace Force
PSUG Jampack Winter 2001
MOH Frontline
Okage Shadow King
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
PSUG Jampack Volume 11
Future Tactics Uprising
Socom - complete, great condition too
Socom II - complete, great condition also
Naruto Ultimate Ninja - Gotta return it, it's a dud

$3.99 or less
Tenchu Wrath of Heaven
Siren
Onimusha Warlords
Orphen Scion of Sorcery
The Red Star
Puzzle Quest
Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament
LOTR The Return of the Kings

It was around 15-20 bucks.

I stopped by 1 GS last night and another GS this morning. Here is my haul so far for a total of ~$22 + tax.

5/$1
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Hard Hitter Tennis (complete)
Hot Shots Golf 3 (complete)
War Jetz (complete)
Swing Away Golf (complete)
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Eternal Ring
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Kengo: Master of Bushido

B2G2
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Summoner 1
Virtual-On Marz
Crimson Sea 2
Tokobot Plus
The Hobbit
XIII
Brave: The Search for Spirit Dancer (complete)
Primal
Orphen
Soul Calibur 2
Demon Stone
Max Payne
Red Faction
Nanobreaker
Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future

I saw a few discs that looked like people were using them as coasters before they traded them into GS. Now, I just need to find some time and test all the games that I bought to figure out if these will all work.

Spent about 28 or so on crappy sports game and flipped at Best Buy to get a 75 gift card. Took awhile to process it all but totally worth it. :D

I actually totally hear you on this, which is why I personally try to hold back on a lot of the deals on this site, actually.

In this case, I always get a kick out of playing old random/obscure games with my friends, and I could see a lot of what I picked up to be amusing in a similar situation. Not to mention that I also picked out a couple games that I remembered some of my friends in high school liking, so there was a bit of sentimental value in getting them.

Realistically? There's no way I'll finish everything I got from start to finish, and it's even possible that I'll never even touch some of them. However, I would say that they're worth having, and the price was definitely right.

I went to a second gamestop today and got 15 more games for $2.70

-MX World Tour
-Sno Cross 2
-Sled Storm
-Nascar Thunder 2003
-MLB 06 The Show
-High Heat MLB 03
-Suzuki Superbike
-Mobile Light Force 2
-Metal Arms:Glitch in The System
-R:Racing Evo.
-Naruto:Uzumaki Chronicles
-Formula One 2001
-RTX Red Rock
-Cool Boarders 2001
-NBA Street

Not going to sugar coat it - I'm an insane collector who will likely never touch these games beyond cleaning off the GS stickers. I bought these because they are filler for PS2, rock bottom cheap and in my case, all complete. Now they'll sit on my shelf until I either die or sell everything.

I think the main reason is: The thrill of the hunt is that much better when you get a game for 18 cents. I couldn't even tell you the last time I got any game that cheap. Maybe SMB/DH from Funco for 9 cents back in the day. Now those were good times.

If I didn't care about the games having cases, I probably would have bought 100+ games by now, easily. Signs of addiction much?

As mentioned, sales like this come around rarely. With GS, they like to give us milestones where you need to capitalize to load up on cheap games or they are literally gone forever and you're stuck scavenging thrift stores. GBA at 75% was the most recent one before this. Really hoping for 75% off GC soon because 3-4 local GSes have plenty of complete games.

And yes, I am completely crazy. But it's a happy crazy.

I have a old games area in the house where I keep all this stuff. I will probably play them eventually, at least enough to get a dollar or two of entertainment from.

A lot of what I'm finding is sub par games from ps2 generation or just plain strange stuff that I saw in the past but these prices are low enough to justify curiosity.

Like today I found biathlon 2008. Probably awful, but who wouldn't be curious about a biathlon game made in 2008 for the ps2? Or death by degrees, or stretch panic, tourist trophy, etc

If it was all junk I wouldn't care but there are games for 20 cents to 2 dollars in this sale that are better than xbla titles coming out for $15 these days.

Got a whole bag of stuff. I wish I knew VF4 Evolution was 0.99. I really want that one, looks like I can either go back and return something or just go find a few more things, like the SOCOM games. For 20 cents I may just get a few more rather than hassle myself by returning.

Anyways--my spoils of war:
R: Racing Revolution
Space Channel 5 Special Edition
Ace Combat 4
Metal Arms
Stuntman
Nascar 2003 (someone recommended it, and I like racing games)
Enter the Matrix
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
Wipeout Fusion
Sky Odyssey
State of Emergency
RoboTech Battlecry
Project Snowblind
Choro Q (No idea what this is, but it says Atlus, so I got a boner)
Medal of Honor Frontline
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Tiger Woods 2005
MLB 2k7 (Wanted a newer baseball game than 2003)
ATV Offroad Fury 2 (Not for Resale)
Outlaw Tennis

Outlaw Tennis and ATV Offroad Fury were purely filler titles to get to the multiple of 5.

Most of the games at my shop didn't have the right price on them, thus the reason I got no SOCOM or VF4 Evo. Oh well, I know now and can for sure find enough to waste another dollar.

I actually plan on playing all of these for the most part, my main console is a PS2. If a game is shitty or I don't like it, I won't worry about finishing it. It's a way to add bulk to my collection and give me a choice of things to play, like some new racers and action games, even Tennis or Golf. I could live without any of these games, but it's a cool way for me to get new stuff.

Nothing amazing, all $.99.

Starsky & Hutch
Medal of Honor frontline
Ace Combat 4
Stuntman
Ihra Drag Racing 2
Socom
Sky Odyssey
JetX20
Wreckless
Defender
Naruto ultimate Ninja
Metal Gear Solid 2
Madden 2001
Madden 2006
Aeon Flux

Gamestop.com might be getting a restock of the games not sold during the sale. The manager told me that they were being shipped off to the main warehouse.

As a collector, I'm really big on the condition of my games and that they're complete. I have 180+ PS2 games all meticulously selected and cared for. Passing on this GS sale (since moved on to the 360, Wii, and infrequently the PS3 and 3DS), but this sale is great for those who missed out on some of the now classic PS2 games.

I rarely if ever step foot in a GS nowadays. I don't hate them as much as others here, though. For me, it's just a sign of aging and moving on with my time/life. I'll pick up a title here and there when I see a nice sale and I REALLY want to play it (i.e. grabbed MK Komplete for $20 and Arkham City GOTY for $30) but otherwise, not really interested in these deals since most of the complete/cared for PS2 games have long ago been sold.

I do remember those days though of rummaging through PS2 bins to pick up basically new copies of games like Clock Tower 3 and Twisted Metal Black :)

Picked up 20 - 99 cent games. All slip sleeve with no case, but they were in a good condition. Normally I'd prefer cases/instructions but at 20 cents a piece I can't really complain.

Decided to go out looking some more today and I got 24 games for about $9.52:

.99 cents:
Alfa Romeo Racing Italiano
Dt racer
hummer badlands
Eyetoy play
Sega Bash Fishing Duel
Susuki TT Superbikes
World Rally Championship
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Supercross Street Challenge
Mountain Bike Adrenaline
Enter the Matrix
Top Gear Daredevil
Wild Wilds racing
Tokyo extreme racer 3
Splashdown
Hard Hitter tennis
Fantavision
Tribes Aerial Assault
City Crisis
Nascar Heat 2002

B2G2:

True Crime Los Angeles
Indiana Jones and the staff of kings (sticker was wrong so i got it for less)
Tony Hawk American Wasteland
Soul Calibur 2

A few games may suck but for about 9 bucks its not bad at all.:D

I had $50 in erewards giftcards and was fantasizing about the haul I would return with but once I got to the store and started looking, I quickly realized I wouldn't be leaving with much.

Ace Combat 4, wreckless yakuza, nba ballers, micro machines (for nephew but cars are too damn small), starsky and hutch (found case and manual in drawer so that was cool)

B2G2: all with cases but some of the manuals are in decent shape only
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme, Dance Factory (just realized I don't have many CDs), DOA 2, Dynasty Warriors 3

I got Castle Shikagami 2, Time Crisis Crisis Zone, Yakuza and Shepard's Crossing.

Not bad. Also they said they had a copy of R-type final but they couldn't find it. That is a decent shmup and something people should be looking out for with this deal.

I went. Couldn't find anything. B2G2 on games under $3.99 and 5 for $1 on games under $0.99.

I live in a smalltown, so games for that price was limited, unless you like Madden.

I guess I'll check out Gamestop tomorrow or tuesday while I'm on my usual thrifting run. I'm not expecting much since there is only one store (maybe 2) around me that still has them and are still overpriced. :lol:

Didn't bother with this "deal." I already have a 100+ PS2 game backlog and I don't know when I'll get to those. Not to mention, these games look to be pretty poor.

[quote name='mabuhay13']Those have got to be mostly shitty games..[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised. There's lots of them that are solid, if somewhat graphically underwhelming-even by the standards of their day- that are in the 99 cent piles. It's much more about a factor of the demand for the game, and if there wasn't a huge following in it's day, and there wasn't some way that people "discovered" it- be it because a certain software house, label or brand went nutty, or somebody on youtube that had a huge following called it out... there's lots of solid software just languishing about.

Plus, at 20 cents, one can be a whole lot more forgiving about a game and rather than looking for what would expect from a title purchased at full retail- you can look at the particular design decisions, look a how the game is actually put together- what works, what doesn't, what this particular designer was trying to do... understanding what makes a game "work" for you is valuable knowledge.

Plus seriously, it's 20 cents. If you play any of these for 5 minutes, you've gotten more than your money's worth.

Drove all the way to Crenshaw from East Los Angeles just to go to the only store that would confirm over the phone they had Chulip in stock! Luckily it was worth it because they also had Disaster Report, Bujingai, and Tokobots!
Spent 7 bucks and added a couple of games that's been sitting in my amazon wishlist for way too long!

Really excited to see a lot of people getting Metal Arms and Future Tactics - always felt like the only one who played those.

Same here. I loved Metal Arms when I was younger. After I beat the game, all I did was spend my time looking for those damn chips. Was I the only one who wanted a sequel?

I regret selling it and I hope I can get my hands on it in the future. Haha.

[quote name='jubeininja69']dammit. i had to socialize over the weekend and i missed the sale. probably slim pickens for me now.[/QUOTE]

Do a search in-store on their website. That's how I found which stores had the most 99 cent games that I wanted to pick up. Also, I'd say about a quarter of the ones I picked up had a lower price than what was labeled. I made a list of games I wanted based on the prices on the website and they rang up as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitch079']Do a search in-store on their website. That's how I found which stores had the most 99 cent games that I wanted to pick up. Also, I'd say about a quarter of the ones I picked up had a lower price than what was labeled. I made a list of games I wanted based on the prices on the website and they rang up as such.[/QUOTE]

good idea. there's probably about 4 gamestops near me within my area.

I got a 5 for 1 and a buy 2 get 2 to get 9 games for 9 bucks. They had good stuff left, so I got the following: Crazy Taxi, MDK 2, Ridge Racer V, Future Tactics, ESPN NFL 2K5, ATV Offroad Fury 2, Shinobi, The Mark of Kri and SSX 3. Good deal to get in on.

bread's done
Back