Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Just got 65 plus games for under $10. Awesome deal, plus most were not sport games nor duplicates!![/QUOTE]

Unless you spent credit or found another stack, that's mathmatically impossible

I found R-type Final in the other Gamestop near me! Also picked up Taito Legends 2! This deal is pretty great for people like me who like shmups.

I was near a different Gamestop than the one I went to before, so I couldn't resist going in. Ended up with 15 more 5-for-$1 games:
Outlaw Golf 2
NBA Ballers
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
MDK2 Armageddon
Starsky and Hutch
Enter the Matrix
X-Squad
Pro Race Driver
Ridge Racer V
Metropolismania
Outlaw Tennis
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Minority Report
Madden 2002 (filler)
And for the last one, I got another copy of Metal Gear Solid 2, because the disk is black and white, rather than the Sons of Liberty one I got a few days ago. I tried looking it up, but didn't really find anything about it. It doesn't say Substance or anything, so I'm not exactly sure what version it is. Anyone have any idea?

[quote name='Nick45']
And for the last one, I got another copy of Metal Gear Solid 2, because the disk is black and white, rather than the Sons of Liberty one I got a few days ago. I tried looking it up, but didn't really find anything about it. It doesn't say Substance or anything, so I'm not exactly sure what version it is. Anyone have any idea?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is from the metal gear essentials box set that came out a few years back.

[quote name='K_G']I believe it is from the metal gear essentials box set that came out a few years back.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, thanks!

[quote name='K_G']I believe it is from the metal gear essentials box set that came out a few years back.[/QUOTE]

It's also the Substance version. GREAT pickup.

I ended up with 15 games in all. Most of them are games I wouldn't normally purchase, but they're so cheap that I figured having variety could prove beneficial later. Seriously debating on whether or not I want to drive 45 minutes to another store; given the games that people have picked up, I think I already bought the best of what I'd be able to find that hasn't been picked over by employees...

[quote name='ECisMe']I got a 5 for 1 and a buy 2 get 2 to get 9 games for 9 bucks. They had good stuff left, so I got the following: Crazy Taxi, MDK 2, Ridge Racer V, Future Tactics, ESPN NFL 2K5, ATV Offroad Fury 2, Shinobi, The Mark of Kri and SSX 3. Good deal to get in on.[/QUOTE]

Ridge Racer V EXCELLENT choice:applause:! Might have to go pop that in right now!

I may have to get in on this deal, myself.

Went to 2 stores. 1 didn't have any. Almost all the .99 games for me was mostly Sports titles, most notably NHL and PGA :lol: The ones that should've been .99 were priced around 1.99 or 2.99. But I did manage to pick some stuff up. Not a lot of pickings for buy 2 get 2.

Airblade
Defender Saving the Human Race
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
Minority Report
Future Tactics: The Uprising

Buy 2 Get 2
Onimusha Warlords
Killer 7
Kessen
Death by Degrees

All for 5.38. Would've been 4.7ish if I still had my Pro Membership. :lol:
Wish I found CIB titles, Siren, or Metal Arms. That would've made my day. But oh well.

Picked up 15 games for about $3 or so last night only got into the l's before i had to take off. Asked if I could get a list of games from the store and printed one off for me. Went through it and will be going back to get another 30 games or so if I can find them. Not a bad deal for cheap games.

[quote name='Confidance']Unless you spent credit or found another stack, that's mathmatically impossible[/QUOTE]

My bad, it was around $12, I bought 2 $4 games that were in a .99 cent pile so threw off my total amount of games I got for .99cents

I only bought the 5 for 99¢ and they had no cases.
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Vexx
Defender
Dark Angel
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Starsky & Hutch
Ace Combat 4
Metal Arms
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
Headhunter
Fire Blade
Dropship
Soldier of Fortune
Run Like Hell
Herd Gerdy

I chatted up the wombat working the register, and she was pretty confident this is merely phase one of a rapid closeout of all PS2 stock. (As in "make room for Wii U") Several of my area stores have already reduced/eliminated their PS2 footprint.

Keep your eyes peeled for similar deals on the higher priced stock. :beer:

[quote name='PaleGreen']I chatted up the wombat working the register, and she was pretty confident this is merely phase one of a rapid closeout of all PS2 stock. (As in "make room for Wii U") Several of my area stores have already reduced/eliminated their PS2 footprint.

Keep your eyes peeled for similar deals on the higher priced stock. :beer:[/QUOTE]

Yeah the employee at my Gamestop said something similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a B2G2 on everything after this sale is over.

I headed to one GameStop yesterday that was pretty slim pickings. The buy two get two only had one title I wanted (Maximo) but that was it. I may check another one today.

Gonna head to the other near me, so for me, that will be 3 GS I've hit up for this sale, which I don't usually do. Considering getting some sports games and trading them into BB to pick up Avengers as well, but I haven't decided.

i went to a gamestop in downtown. it was terrible. the prices are not updated and i was given the sticker price and to the fact that i got lost at night trying to get back home.

gonna try to hit up the mall gamestops.

damn i forgot about the sale. my store is doing it. i noticed when i went to get DOA5 at the midnight release. i bet theres nothing left now but maybe ll take a drive after work

Great sale so far:
5 for $1
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
Ring of Red
Eve of Extinction
Hunter the Reckoning
Robotech: Battlecry

$1.99 B2G2
Cold Winter
Vampire Night
Rygar
Taito Legends 2

$2.99 B2G2
Siren
Maximo vs Army Zin
Midway Arcade 3
The Thing

[quote name='MrSneis']What blows my mind is that Tekken Tag is still $5. I regret not being able to find RR5 and Amplitude so far.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, but then saw that VF4:E was part of it, and remembered I like that WAY more than I've ever liked a Tekken.

Took a 30+ min bus ride and got for $4:
Guilty Gear X2
Kessen II
Kessen III
One Piece Grand Battle

Could've gotten Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol. 2 but didn't really care for any other $2.99 games.

Had two bucks in change left over from lunch.

Stopped my Gs on way home. $1.97 later:

Kengo: Master of bushido
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Gs had it labeled sons of liberty)
Tribes Aerial Assault
Breeders cup world thoroughbred championships
State of Emergency
Headhunter
Stolen
City Crisis
Minority Report
Rebel Raiders

I basically went after anything not sports lol

Well my backlog grew over the past two days. 3 gamestops and about 70 games later I think I've had my full until the higher priced games hit B2G2 or 75% off. I was drunk through most of the PS2s heyday (never even owned one) and am enjoying some of these older titles on my ps3.

I was surprised how good the selection has been. Shit, the GameStop I was at tonight still had NEW copies of ps2 games (I figured all that got converted to used a long time ago). Anyway I figure if I even get 3 minutes on each game it's paid for itself. And then they can always be repurposed as coasters if needed...

Also note that two things: the website doesn't always match the in-store price and, the sticker prices may not be correct. So it can be a crapshoot with prices. Ie, minority report was tagged $2.99 but scans $.99. I'd say just go by the web pricing and watch as the clerk rings to verify pricing.

Went back tonight and got 29 more games on top of the 15 I picked up Monday evening.

Below is what I got:

Monday Haul (All .99 cent games - 15 Total) ~$3:
- ATV Offroad Fury 2
- Corvette
- DT Racer
- Dropship: United Peace Force
- Duel Masters
- Enter the Matrix
- The Da Vinci Code
- Eve of Extinction
- Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
- City Crisis
- Hunter: The Reckoning Wayward
- HSX: Hyper Sonic Extreme
- Hidden Invasion
- Hot Shots Golf 3
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Wednesday Haul (25 .99 cent games and 4 1.99 games - 29 total) ~$10:
1.99 Games
- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
- Red Faction

.99 Games
- Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty
- Medal of Honor Frontline
- Corvette Evolution GT
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
- Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
- Blowout
- Starsky & Hutch
- Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
- Minority Report
- State of Emergency
- Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
- Aeon Flux
- Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution
- X-Squad
- Headhunter
- Socom II: US Navy Seals
- Formula 1 2001
- Freekstyle
- Evolution Skateboarding
- Enthusia Professional Racing
- Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
- Marc Ecko's Getting Up
- Mobile Light Force 2
- GoDai: Elemental Force
- Fireblade

Also picked up a Nintendo DS Rumble Pack for $0.50.

I'll be watching this store for future sales as they had some pretty rare titles out of the floor (ie. Multiple copies of all the Fatal Frames, etc..)

Thanks for the heads up on this sale. I probably would have overlooked it otherwise

Last edited by a moderator:
I went over this past weekend and stopped in during the middle of the week to pick up:

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3
Intellivision Lives!
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Okage: Shadow King
Kengo: Master Of Bushido
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Mojo!
Soldier of Fortune: Gold Edition
Hot Shots Golf 3
Wipeout Fusion

All in all it was a pretty good haul for two bucks lol. :D

my store had garbage. They had a bunch of games that were selling for like $40 a while back but i go there and nothing is higher than $12.99 so they mustve sold fast. i also didnt pay attention to the $3.99 or less part so that got me too. i ended up getting crap just to pad my collection and some game they still had in their system as new called Technic beat or something... and looking at ebay now i paid almost twice as much for it. lol the ONE time i dont check my ebay app. bah whatever, ive saved more over the years than not. wish i checked much sooner.

i checked 5 out of 10 gamestops in my area. got a pretty nice haul but i'm pretty picky about the disc condition. my journey continues tomorrow night after work.

Checked 3 stores and this is what I got

Neo Contra $4
Puzzle Quest $4
Viewtiful Joe 2 $4 (FREE)
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness $4 (FREE)

Front Mission 4 $3
Dual Hearts $3
Zone of Enders $3 (FREE)
Gundam: Journy to Jaburo $2 (FREE)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 $2
Shadow of Destiny $2
Castle Shikigami 2 $2 (FREE)
Nightshade $2 (FREE)
I-Ninja $2
One Piece: Grand Battle $2
Summoner $2 (FREE)
Death by Degrees $2 (FREE)

$1 Games
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Euthusia Professional Racing
Robotech: Battlecry
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
Eve of Extinction
Taito Legends 1
NBA Street
Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
Trivial Pursuit: Unhinged
Freestyle Metal X
Metal of Honor: Frontline
Malice
Starsky & Hutch
Mojo!
Supercar Street Challenge

what are some good PS2 games i should look for

Of all the games I have picked up only attempted a few so far

.99 games i would suggest
Vexx
Malice
Stolen

Other games under b2g2
Jak and Daxter (1.99 i believe)

[quote name='ZuKe11']what are some good PS2 games i should look for[/QUOTE]

The Mark of Kri @ $1.99 is a must-buy IMO, especially considering that most people I talk to don't know about it. Imagine a beatiful, hand-drawn art style in the vein of Disney, wrapped around a compelling mix of group combat and stealth. Add in a surprising amount of gore and violence, and you are pretty much at catharsis.

Speaking of rare PS2 games, it'd be nice to find a cheap Rule Of Rose!!!!!!!:bouncy:

Hell, I'd settle for an under $5 copy of Haunting Ground!

[quote name='destro4eva']
$2.99 B2G2
Siren
[/QUOTE]

Dag nammit! I was at 1 the other day and only checked the 99 cent games and the locator says they have this!:bomb:

[quote name='ECisMe']The Mark of Kri @ $1.99 is a must-buy IMO, especially considering that most people I talk to don't know about it. Imagine a beatiful, hand-drawn art style in the vein of Disney, wrapped around a compelling mix of group combat and stealth. Add in a surprising amount of gore and violence, and you are pretty much at catharsis.[/QUOTE]

I got that and the sequel with it. I couldn't resist, especially since I didn't play Rise ever. I remember when I worked for GS and they were coming out the PS rep was actually excited about those games, when usually she would just kind of be like, "yeah, and the new Syphon Filter is coming out...".

I remember it being sort of like Beyond Good and Evil, but obviously more action-y, which makes me pretty excited to play it again when I can find a PS2 for the right price.

Here's my mini haul from today. 10 games for $2.12 total:

I was looking for a copy of Fantavision, as I remembered wanting to play that when it first came out, but I completely forgot about it while sifting through the 10-12 rows of disc only stuff.:cry: What's worse is that the store I hit up for these says they have it via the locator.:bomb:

Anyway, here's my haul:

Hot Shots Golf 3(they had multiples of this)
Breeders Cup World Thoroughbred Championships
Silent Scope(probably looks like ass nowadays)
Serious Sam Next Encounter
Soldier Of Fortune Gold Edition
Stuntman
Mojo
Micro Machines V4
Metal Arms: Glitch In The System
Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers

They had multiples of Stuntman and both of the first two Socom games there as well as the expected tons of copies of every shitty sports game. :whistle2:#

Definitely glad I caught wind of this. My PS2 library has been pedantic for the longest time.

$0.99 buys:

Ace Combat 4
Airblade
Dropship: United Peace Force
Enter the Matrix
GoDai: Elemental Force*
Intellivision Lives
Kengo: Master of Bushido
Mad Maestro
Reign of Fire*
Shifter
Taito Legends 1*
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

BG2G stuff (>$0.99):
Extermination
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
King Arthur
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Warriors of Might & Magic*
Nightshade
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Turok: Evolution
Winback

The *'d games are ones I ordered online and am still waiting to arrive, since there weren't any copies available here. Aside from LOTR (which I had a lot of fun doing co-op with when it first came out), I've never played any of these personally but have heard of some of them. It's gonna be fun giving these all a spin and seeing if some of the more budget ones are as bad as I've heard. I'm almost tempted to go back one more time this weekend and comb through the $0.99 ones again, but I can't really see my backlog as it is right now getting exhausted any time soon.

Maybe some $0.99 games I'd recommend to be on the lookout for are Taito Legends 2 (newer compilation of games compared to TL1) and Eternal Ring (PS2 launch title based on the King's Field engine). I picked up both of those before the sale started but I've already gotten a lot of play out of them.

:bomb: You found Airblade. I've been looking for that one since I heard about this sale. I almost picked up another 5 pack today from my closest GS(which is also the newest), which would've included Godai: Elemental Forces and Trivial Pursuit Unhinged.

I also saw that Stuntman Ignition is one of the $1.99 games and almost picked that up with The Getaway and two other titles for $4.

But I haven't even tested the 10 I bought the other day.:whistle2:#

There were several copies of Airblade here. Anything that looks like a more futuristic Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is worth a try in my book.

Checking their site again, there's a couple B2G2s I may yet consider picking up depending on how I feel after this weekend.

In stock here:
Activision Anthology
Bard's Tale
Death by Degrees
Goblin Commander
Onimusha
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Rygar
Wrath Unleashed

And others I'd either have to order online or see if the store here can get in from other places:
Crimson Sea 2
Dragon Rage
Ecco the Dolphin
Rune: Viking Warlord

I probably wouldn't be considering doing all this if I didn't have a bunch of credit sitting there right now, but it's tempting to say the least.

I saw a copy of the original Midway Treasures(the one with Rampage on it:D) at the store I hit up last night. It was actually complete for $5.99. Once I get another eRewards gc I may have to look into grabbing a copy of it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I saw a copy of the original Midway Treasures(the one with Rampage on it:D) at the store I hit up last night. It was actually complete for $5.99. Once I get another eRewards gc I may have to look into grabbing a copy of it.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Speaking of Rampage.....I forgot I have Rampage:Total Destruction:ps2:. Fun game! Haven't played it in forever!

[quote name='iast']
Rygar
Wrath Unleashed
Dragon Rage
Silent Scope
[/QUOTE]

Just put in an online order for these four, and that's where I'm drawing the line. I promised myself I'd save enough credit for the Ragnarok Odyssey mercenary edition. My backlog gently weeps...

lord did i go nuts on this sale.

my 5 for a dollar pick-ups.

lord of the rings two towers [scratched beyond belief, but i fond a replacement, hack n slash fun?]
hunter the reckoning: wayward [Dont know what it was about and was told by a gamestopper that it was like diablo. now i just need someone to tell me what Diablo is about]
fantavision [launch title. still holds up?]
mad maestro [classical music in a rhythm game? sure why not?
vexx [gamestopper told me it was like sly cooper and such, in space]
starsky and hutch [played it before, decent]
mace griffin bounty hunter [used to have it, loved it plus henry rollins supplies the voice. problems anyone?]
run like hell [used to have it, loved it]
future tactics the uprising [hmm]
project snowblind [used to have it, liked it]
project eden [used to have it, loved it]
the great escape [steve mcqueen!]
asb 2005 [love it]
nba 2k6 [love it]
second sight [heard good things]
metropolis mania [oh boy]
mdk 2 armageddon [i asked the gamestopper what was this game about based on the disc cover, he said, "well it looks like it might be some game dealing with armageddon, like the end of the world". ok thanks bro]
giants citizen kabuko [asked the same guy and he said, "well judging by this beast on the cover, you might be having epic battles"
fugitive hunter [osama and saddam!]
no one lives forever [stealthy game, i am down]
stolen [same]
MOH frontline [used to love the franchise on ps1]
mgs 2 [no brainer]
okage [tim burton styled rpg?]
kao kangaroo 2 [20 cents too much?]
reign of fire [dragons.]
hot shots golf 3 [makes the tiger woods games feel like a math exam]
ncaa 06 football [considered the best of all time for college football games]
madden 05 collectors edition [the best]
espn nfl 2k5 [the best?]
espn nhl hockey
espn college hoops 2k5
espn nba 2k5
espn baseball 2k5
mlb slugfest 20-03
lugfest 2006
slugfest loaded
mvp ncaa baseball 06
nba live 2003
nba live 2005

and these from the b2g2, total 9 bucks

deus ex,
hitman 2, [i love this one]
the plan [i dug it back in the day, yes i was the one]
the legend of alon dar [it had the case, so the game was able to lure me into buying it with those bogus promises of unreal gameplay and freedom, whatever, 20 cents]

romance of the three kingdoms vii [for if i ever want to feel like i have no idea what i am doing in a game, and i want it to take 417 hours]
ephemeral fantasia [i dont think i ever heard of this one]
castle shikigami 2 [NEVER heard of this one]
ribbit king [has ANYONE heard of this one? a double disc version? a thought or a rule. no game titled ribbit King should ever have a 2 disc version. or even a 1 disc version]

most of these games i havent even seen a screenshot from let alone played or read a review of, but hey, 20 cents a pop.

i think i am doing ONE more run.

I left behind a Virtua fighter 4 and 69 racing games

still it was fun.
thanks gamestop

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped by my local Gamestop to see if they had any decent PS2 stuff left and was told that they have games in back, but they're no longer in the system and they can only be shipped out to other stores. :S

Plus I can't seem to get the deal to work on Gamestop.com.
Is there some kind of promotion/coupon code I need to enter?
I add 4 pre-owned PS2 games to my cart and it takes 10% off each one with my PowerUp card, but there's no mention of the B2G2 (I know the 5 for 99¢ is in-store only).
I think my account it screwed up b/c I get an error whenever I try to checkout too.
Barf. :(

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ha! Speaking of Rampage.....I forgot I have Rampage:Total Destruction:ps2:. Fun game! Haven't played it in forever![/QUOTE]
Wasn't that the one where they tried making it so you had more than one row of buildings to annihilate on each level? As it stands, I also have the Arcade Party Pak from PS1 which has Rampage, Klax and some other games on it. I think I only ever really played those two games out of all of them though.:lol:

I saw and left behind Silent Scope 2 at another GS the other day. That too is also a $.99 game. I also saw some Lego Soccer Mania game, but that was a $1.99 title.

bread's done
Back