Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']You know, things might get done if we just find a CAG user who is cool enough to upload the .pdf of the coupon for us instead of going all "F*** GameStop".[/QUOTE]

This. Worst case scenario is it won't scan since it doesn't match up with the PUR account number.

[quote name='Mason202']I seriously dout The Coupon will work twice. It has been removed from my active offers page, and the clerk put it in the system when i gave it to him.[/QUOTE]

Then the associate will just manually put in the price adjustment, as what a few CAG users have claimed to happen.

Got the Jak Collection awhile ago and only liked Jak 1. Deciding whether to get any of these collections now that I have the coupon. If I wanted to buy multiple, would I have to buy them all in 1 transaction?

Just got off the phone with Powerup Rewards customer service, and they told me that this promotion is only applicable to people "who spend lots of money on Sony products and games".

Sounds like bullshit to me, not to mention illegal?

Contacting regular customer service now.

Yes, the Coupon only works once.
How do i upload a pdf?
The only thing i bought from gamestop this year was a PS3 slim. guess that's all it took.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I too got a superslim during the 100% trade in and I got a coupon. If region matters to anyone I'm in Wyoming (yes no joke) :booty:

I will have a few friends check their accounts and report back when I hear from them. They didn't get a superslim console.[/QUOTE]

So I guess part of my assessment is true then but I'm located in NY so I'm sure the region is not the issue.

Big surprise I didn't get the coupon. GameStop has never included me in any of these deals. I have been a paid member for many years and have never used my points or received any kind of offer like this. Really annoying but nothing I can do about it except complain on a message board :p

[quote name='Mason202']Yes, the Coupon only works once.
How do i upload a pdf?[/QUOTE]

One of those sites like TinyURL or TinyPIC.

[quote name='king9x']Just got off the phone with Powerup Rewards customer service, and they told me that this promotion is only applicable to people "who spend lots of money on Sony products and games".

Contacting regular customer service now.[/QUOTE]

That is a load of bull. I am mainly a 360 gamer and only get exclusives on PS3. So they are bullshitting you. Unless me purchasing a new SuperSlim qualifies as spending "lots of money" :roll:

[quote name='king9x']Just got off the phone with Powerup Rewards customer service, and they told me that this promotion is only applicable to people "who spend lots of money on Sony products and games".

Wow that sucks if thats the case.

Guess what u initially said makes sense as me and another CAG confirmed receiving coupons after purchasing PS3's recently.

[quote name='Mason202']Yeah the coupon has been completely wiped off my PUR account. I didn't make a backup on my pc, sorry guys.[/QUOTE]

Were you using Chrome at the time? I think you can bring it back up by viewing your history. If it's too much of a hassle, somebody else might pull through. Thanks for trying, though.

fuck

I ONLY buy ps3 games (and quite often!!) I mean geez I have over 100,000 points....how did I not get this offer??
Let us know how contacting customer service goes.

Yah, if someone can upload it just bring it to Best Buy and they will probably price match it cause they will likely call Gamestop and they will say that promotion is going on.

GS can suck a big one, If I pay for Pro, I should get benefits. Should be as simple as every Pro member gets these coupons, everyone else nothing

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yeah when you use a PUR coupon, as soon as you use it, its wiped from your account.[/QUOTE]

So yeah, as a heads-up to any of the kind-hearted guys who are willing to upload the .pdf, if you have any intention of using the coupon, use it up first (but make sure to save it to your desktop or whatever), THEN let us CAG users attempt to use it.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']fuck

I ONLY buy ps3 games (and quite often!!) I mean geez I have over 100,000 points....how did I not get this offer??
Let us know how contacting customer service goes.[/QUOTE]

According to regular customer service, they said its completely randomized and there's no real criteria to determine whether you get it or not.

Gamestop is either going to show up with Chocolate and flowers or run away to Vegas to marry your best friend instead.

Gamestop is bipolar.

[quote name='king9x']According to regular customer service, they said its completely randomized and there's no real criteria to determine whether you get it or not.[/QUOTE]

Another user and myself both got a SuperSlim during the 100% trade in for systems. If we can get another user or a couple more users to confirm, that might be the criteria.

[quote name='king9x']According to regular customer service, they said its completely randomized and there's no real criteria to determine whether you get it or not.[/QUOTE]

I stand by my comment that [paid-for] PUR is a scam, then.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me in the least. Sometimes I wonder if the people who create these promotions at Gamestop know anything about how to run a business. I rarely shop at Gamestop, because there is often a better deal elsewhere... and rather than try to bring me in with a really good promotion, they're basically telling me to keep shopping at other stores.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']fuck

Let us know how contacting customer service goes.[/QUOTE]

All I buy is vita and PS3 games, even bought my Vita there. I've gotten over 90,000 points this year alone. Hell last time I was in there last the guy told my my savings from the 10% off used games was over $400 for the year. So It obviously spending a certain amount on Sony stuff is triggering this coupon unless $4,000 on used games alone isn't enough.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Just noticed this but of course this coupon expires the day before the Resistance Collection comes out. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured that out, too. I was hoping somebody actually caught on to that. I literally CTRL+F'd each page on GAF and CAG, but nobody mentioned it.

Hopefully that's a good indication of a sales flop so that I can get all 3 Resistance games for $20 sooner than later.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Just noticed this but of course this coupon expires the day before the Resistance Collection comes out. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Didn't even know this existed, this gives me hope that they'll still announce an Uncharted Trilogy, seeing as they released a dual pack for the first two games in each series.

Hmmm yeah, I also have the purchase of a PS3 on my account from the last year (Helped a friend trade in all his 360 stuff and pick up a PS3 earlier this year, he didnt seem to understand/care about PUR so I just used my card) and no coupon. Seems to be a shot in the dark as to if you'll receive this coupon.

Is the coupon 1 time use? It says "Purchase 1 or more..." I know I def want the Ratchet Collection, but not sure about Jak. Would I have to buy them at the same time, or can I get one now and one later by printing the coupon twice?

Just to chime in, I did snag a superslim back during the 100% console bonus, and I got the coupon. So it looks like Nintendonly confirmed that the 50% trade in bonus works along with this, as well? I'm more interested in that than any of the games, but I'll be down for a $10 ICO collection, as well. I guess I'm heading to GS later.

Could have nailed off a couple of X-mas gifts with this coupon, but hey kids there's still 2 weeks left on it so cross your fingers you might still get one.

Called 1 877 676 GAME, the help line for PowerUp Rewards, and they had no idea what this deal was.

Why did I stop buying things from Gamestop...

Now I remember. Terrible customer service.

I was able to snag
GOW Saga
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Jak And Daxter
Journey Collectors Edition
Ico

FYI the OP lists Uncharted 1 + 2 but this is not the case. I brought that up but no discount so I had to return it. The coupon does not mention it either.

Seems silly to alienate a large part of your customer base like this.

I'm personally not too bummed about it (since I really, really don't need more games that I won't play for another year or two), but the way they're executing the promotion is odd.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Is the coupon 1 time use? It says "Purchase 1 or more..." I know I def want the Ratchet Collection, but not sure about Jak. Would I have to buy them at the same time, or can I get one now and one later by printing the coupon twice?[/QUOTE]You won't be able to use the coupon more than once since it vanishes from your account after being used; you'll have to buy them at the same time.

For the new page:

Any kind souls who already used their coupon but still have a copy of it on their desktop willing to upload the .pdf for us CAGgers who got shafted by GameStop to attempt to use?

[quote name='rbanez']I should check whether if i got the coupon or not under the "messages" tab on my pur accoun, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope it's under My Account -> Active Offers

I didn't get the coupon. I would have gotten ICO/Shadow and Journey CE. Still need to pick up some of my reservations, hopefully those are still there as a consolation prize.

bread's done
Back