Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even find the "My account" Tab :drool:...nvm found it on the actual gamestop site but now i can't find the active offers hahaha...lame

[quote name='Vigilante']You won't be able to use the coupon more than once since it vanishes from your account after being used; you'll have to buy them at the same time.[/QUOTE]

But I saved it as a PDF...so I can easily print out 2...3...4...as many as I want.

[quote name='captaintek3304']But I saved it as a PDF...so I can easily print out 2...3...4...as many as I want.[/QUOTE]

The code is most likely a one off like any of the single use codes like $5 off used...etc.

I bought 2 Uncharted PS3s when they were on sale and included the free Mortal Kombat/Batman AC but still da nada on the coupon.

Thats kind of lame.

[quote name='captaintek3304']But I saved it as a PDF...so I can easily print out 2...3...4...as many as I want.[/QUOTE]

Have you already used it? Could you please upload the .pdf for us to attempt to use?

[quote name='roedaniel19']How cool would it be if Amazon did a price match on this..[/QUOTE]

It would be indescribably cool, but it won't happen because this is not an advertised offer available to all GameStop customers. It is only for PowerUp Rewards members, and only a select group of those, evidently.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Nope it's under My Account -> Active Offers[/QUOTE]

Thanks! All the coupon i got was that B2G1 on pre-owned. I would have got the J&D and GOW origins collection, oh well...

I was near a GS on my lunch so I went in and played dumb. Asked about some sale that started today with Sony Collections. The girl working said there was a 50% bonus trade in towards the games, but no mention of sale.

seriously someone needs to upload the coupon already. And why has no one used "bait and switch" incorrectly yet? i always enjoy that.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The code is most likely a one off like any of the single use codes like $5 off used...etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but a few CAGgers in this thread managed to get the cashiers to manually do the adjustment, hence why we're asking for somebody to just upload a .pdf of the coupon.

Well, I'm going to buy Ratchet in about an hour. Once I have, I'll post my coupon here so we can compare with others to see if it's a unique code or what the deal is.

[quote name='209chromatic']Didn't get no coupon. Not even mad, all those Snoy games suck. :/[/QUOTE]

attachment.php

[quote name='taylort3']seriously someone needs to upload the coupon already. And why has no one used "bait and switch" incorrectly yet? i always enjoy that.[/QUOTE]

+1....Was patiently waiting for it too:bouncy:

[quote name='captaintek3304']Well, I'm going to buy Ratchet in about an hour. Once I have, I'll post my coupon here so we can compare with others to see if it's a unique code or what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man.

[quote name='morrodox']It would be indescribably cool, but it won't happen because this is not an advertised offer available to all GameStop customers. It is only for PowerUp Rewards members, and only a select group of those, evidently.[/QUOTE]

Right but one can dream.. Someone go tell Best Buy that if they'll match it I'll switch from PUR to @Gamer :D

[quote name='209chromatic']Didn't get no coupon. Not even mad, all those Sony games suck. :/[/QUOTE]

Of course this is a joke, right? I mean why visit a thread that is about games that you think "suck"??

Actually, sorry I lied. I may not be going until later on, it won't be until around 5:30EST. I have to wait until their shipments come to see if my Ragnarok Odyssey came in. I plan on calling to see if going at 1:30 is an option, but if they haven't received it yet, I'll have to go tonight. Either way, once I use my coup, I'll post it upon my return if someone hasn't already.

Ugh, I didn't get a coupon and a bunch of these are definitely things I've been watching for a while like the Jak and Daxter/Infamous collections. I'll be bummed as hell if I don't get one.

[quote name='mars009']I can't even find the "My account" Tab :drool:...nvm found it on the actual gamestop site but now i can't find the active offers hahaha...lame[/QUOTE]

It's on the PowerUp Rewards site. www.poweruprewards.com. Login there then go to My Account -> Active Offers.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Actually, sorry I lied. I may not be going until later on, it won't be until around 5:30EST. I have to wait until their shipments come to see if my Ragnarok Odyssey came in. I plan on calling to see if going at 1:30 is an option, but if they haven't received it yet, I'll have to go tonight. Either way, once I use my coup, I'll post it upon my return if someone hasn't already.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. At least you understand what the hell is going on and what we're trying to do instead of screaming "BAIT AND SWITCH" like other users here, lol.

It's already been established it's a unique coupon code. On the first few pages of the the thread. Then again I guess the thread wouldn't be so huge if you didn't ask 5 times every page for someone to upload the coupon.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']It's already been established it's a unique coupon code. On the first few pages of the the thread. Then again I guess the thread wouldn't be so huge if you didn't ask 5 times every page for someone to upload the coupon.[/QUOTE]

That shouldn't matter. We've had a few CAGgers already say that the cashiers manually put in a price adjustment. It doesn't hurt to try.

Besides, I've used my cousin's coupons that he's already used in the past, and I recall the associate just putting in a manual price adjustment.

Do you have to have the PowerUp Rewards Pro Membership to get this? I dont see any offers in my account.

If someone can post the coupon, please.

Guys you should give the old "I heard about 50% off Sony Collections or something? I am a PUR member and left my email/phone at home do you guys know anything about it?" See if you can work that angle... If they flat out refuse you or say get the email/bring in your phone, that is just bad luck : / never hurts to try though! Besides I am believing that most gamestops would like your moneys :D

Nope, nothing here either. My pro membership has seriously netted nothing but a magazine I never read because the news is old by the time it gets to me. I think I'm done with PowerUp Rewards.

[quote name='new1']Guys you should give the old "I heard about 50% off Sony Collections or something? I am a PUR member and left my email/phone at home do you guys know anything about it?" See if you can work that angle... If they flat out refuse you or say get the email/bring in your phone, that is just bad luck : / never hurts to try though! Besides I am believing that most gamestops would like your moneys :D[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't hurt to try it WITH the physical evidence, either.

Screw gamestop. What are the chances that BestBuy would price match using the screen shot of the offer (not coupon) many pages back? I've never attempted a price match. $15 for R&C, $15 Journey CE and $10 GoW Origins all NEW might work for me. I have BB credit too.

Anybody else out there willing to post their pdf coupon (after use if they're going to use it)? don't forget to save the pdf file to your computer before printing/heading to GS as people are reporting the coupon disappears from their account after use. I could really use one before this evening. I have Killzone Collection being delivered (from Amazon) and if i can get this deal I'd like to reject delivery so I don't have to pay to ship it back. Anybody....

[quote name='juubei1i']Screw gamestop. What are the chances that BestBuy would price match using the screen shot of the offer (not coupon) many pages back? I've never attempted a price match. $15 for R&C, $15 Journey CE and $10 GoW Origins all NEW might work for me. I have BB credit too.[/QUOTE]

All they do is mention a coupon-

lko5H.jpg

xMtTb.jpg

Even so, I don't think they comp coupons.

OK, maybe I'm missing something, but why are people assuming that you can get GoW Origins for $10 under this promotion? It isn't mentioned anywhere on the coupon and I thought the OP just said "$10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2" to illustrate how you could interpret the $20 you pay for the saga.

[quote name='Jville808']Anybody else out there willing to post their pdf coupon (after use if they're going to use it)? don't forget to save the pdf file to your computer before printing/heading to GS as people are reporting the coupon disappears from their account after use. I could really use one before this evening. I have Killzone Collection being delivered (from Amazon) and if i can get this deal I'd like to reject delivery so I don't have to pay to ship it back. Anybody....[/QUOTE]

captaintek3304 said he'd get back to us. If he sticks to his word, that guy deserves kudos.

[quote name='Nintendonly']All they do is mention a coupon-

Even so, I don't think they comp coupons.[/QUOTE]

Dang I can't even get to that page :roll: . Quick question, do I have to activate my card in order to get the My Account dashboard or am I just totally doing wrong :whistle2:#

[quote name='Nintendonly']captaintek3304 said he'd get back to us. If he sticks to his word, that guy deserves kudos.[/QUOTE]I forgot to say this, but I plan on using the coupon this afternoon (probably around 4pm EST); if captaintek3304 hasn't posted his redeemed coupon by the time I get back, I'll post mine.

Man, not trying to be a dick, but people pay $15 a year for PUR. So frankly, I think asking for someone to upload the coupon and also use that coupon would be a pretty douche move.

Its probably a unique code so it would require getting an employee to manually give the discount and from my experience that is very YMMV. I couldn't even get them to enter in two coupons that I knew stacked and that others confirmed stacked. They just refused to even try.

Regardless I dont even have anything in my active offers and I'm PUR.

[quote name='Vigilante']I forgot to say this, but I plan on using the coupon this afternoon (probably around 4pm EST); if captaintek3304 hasn't posted his redeemed coupon by the time I get back, I'll post mine.[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to use mine till later tonight since my buddy wants to get Ico/SOTC when I go to get R&C, Journey, Killzone. If these guys have not posted, I will post mine. I always save my coupons after redeeming them anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Man, not trying to be a dick, but people pay $15 a year for PUR. So frankly, I think asking for someone to upload the coupon and also use that coupon would be a pretty douche move.

Its probably a unique code so it would require getting an employee to manually give the discount and from my experience that is very YMMV. I couldn't even get them to enter in two coupons that I knew stacked and that others confirmed stacked. They just refused to even try.

Regardless I dont even have anything in my active offers and I'm PUR.[/QUOTE]

I've paid $15 per year, every year and didn't receive a coupon. Apparently it has nothing to do with whether its a paid account or not as free PUR members are receiving it too

[quote name='Jville808']I've paid $15 per year, every year and didn't receive a coupon. Apparently it has nothing to do with whether its a paid account or not as free PUR members are receiving it too[/QUOTE]

Well still regardless its some weird promotion GS is running. If the coupons are unique to that user I still find it a bit douchey to try and get overrides for a coupon you already know is used.

Its not about screwing GS, its about screwing other cags that might get these types of deals in the future. But it seems like its everyman for themselves these days on here.

At first I was thinking I'd just get Journey CE and R&C Collection, but after reading up on Killzone Trilogy (played the KZ3 demo and thought it was "meh", but I'm willing to give the games another shot) and GoW Saga (I only played the first GoW), I'm tempted to get those, as well.

$70 plus tax for 14 games--$5/game--would be pretty sick. :shock:

bread's done
Back