Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got off of the phone with the stellar customer support service that Gamestop contracts. They said that Sony sent these coupons randomly to Gamestop customers based on spending habits on Sony products. No matter how much you spent on Sony stuff, it was still random. The only qualifier was that you did spend money on Sony. Me? I don't buy too much PS stuff (or anything else from GS) because we all find better deals elsewhere, so I'm not going to get one of these.
There will not be any more of these coupons sent out, so if you're waiting...stop.

[quote name='mm2barry']I just got off of the phone with the stellar customer support service that Gamestop contracts. They said that Sony sent these coupons randomly to Gamestop customers based on spending habits on Sony products. No matter how much you spent on Sony stuff, it was still random. The only qualifier was that you did spend money on Sony. Me? I don't buy too much PS stuff (or anything else from GS) because we all find better deals elsewhere, so I'm not going to get one of these.
There will not be any more of these coupons sent out, so if you're waiting...stop.[/QUOTE]

:wall:
:whistle2:x
:cry:
all the feels.... :/

[quote name='mm2barry']I just got off of the phone with the stellar customer support service that Gamestop contracts. They said that Sony sent these coupons randomly to Gamestop customers based on spending habits on Sony products. No matter how much you spent on Sony stuff, it was still random. The only qualifier was that you did spend money on Sony. Me? I don't buy too much PS stuff (or anything else from GS) because we all find better deals elsewhere, so I'm not going to get one of these.
There will not be any more of these coupons sent out, so if you're waiting...stop.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, mm2barry. Now I know not to check my account to see if it's happening. I'll never understand the logic of some of these companies promotions, but you're right. I'll continue to shop elsewhere, since GS never has the best deal.

eff this shit, been refreshing the account for two hours, and it turns out to be random? would have picked up Jak Collection in a heartbeat..and I bought a fair amount of USED Vita titles there, maybe that was the problem. I rarely buy anything 'new' from them b/c its always MSRP..

I just talk to GS Representative and he told me that GS are sending the PUR coupon Starting November 5th!!! I dont know if this is true or not but i want my pur coupon right now. C mon GS!!! You can do it better!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
*tries to remember recently-bought Sony products*
*can remember buying maybe 2 used Vita games more than two months ago and some very cheap used PS3 games to flip to BBY within the past month*
*doesn't understand how this translates to random coupon distribution*

I was told that it was for select customers based on spending habits he could not reveal. So now I'm holding out to see if it opens up for everyone later or perhaps even a Black Friday promotion somewhere.

Glad I went ahead and picked up Journey from GameFly instead of rolling the dice on this promotion which I didn't get a coupon for.

I also bought a PSPGo and some accessories for it from GameStop.

I find this to be completely crazy, but it is GameStop we are talking about. Regardless no coupon for me. With my PowerUp Rewards account, I purchased two PS3s, A Vita First Edition, my PSP and mostly all PS3 games(had $554 credit at one point). Also I always purchase my PS+ cards there, just to get the points. To say I'm pissed is an understatement, just fed up with GameStop...

[quote name='Linkgx1']Damn it! I just got god of war saga and uncharted dual pack as part of the b2g1[/QUOTE]Someone reported the Uncharted Dual Pack as not ringing up at 50% off with the coupon, so you don't have to worry about that one.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Well still regardless its some weird promotion GS is running. If the coupons are unique to that user I still find it a bit douchey to try and get overrides for a coupon you already know is used.

Its not about screwing GS, its about screwing other cags that might get these types of deals in the future. But it seems like its everyman for themselves these days on here.[/QUOTE]

sooooooo can we count on you to post a pdf then? :wall:

Pro Rewards Member (paid subscription) and I didnt get the coupon. For those who don't want to take a risk on losing out on Journey, go with Gamefly.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Well still regardless its some weird promotion GS is running. If the coupons are unique to that user I still find it a bit douchey to try and get overrides for a coupon you already know is used.

Its not about screwing GS, its about screwing other cags that might get these types of deals in the future. But it seems like its everyman for themselves these days on here.[/QUOTE]

ALL paid-for accounts should have received this coupon. The douche here is the guy behind the promotion.

[quote name='CaoPi']no coupon in my account, I spent about $100 @gamestop recently, this deal sucks![/QUOTE]

"Random VIP members getting coupons is not a deal!"

This is BS. Many people were so hyped to get this and Sony becomes a d*** and says oh its random only. This is so stupid!

Oh well, I've only bought a couple PS3 exclusives and a Nexus 7 at GS in the last 6 months (nobody else had the 16GB in stock). At least it's close to holiday shopping so maybe the ones I really want - R&C, Jak - will get good sales. I actually cancelled my GF Journey order thinking I could pick it up at GS, but went ahead and re-ordered it now.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']This is BS. Many people were so hyped to get this and Sony becomes a d*** and says oh its random only. This is so stupid![/QUOTE]

We're not even sure that's 100% correct anyway. Customer Service reps will say anything to point the finger elsewhere.

[quote name='ARenzo']I just talk to GS Representative and he told me that they will start sending the PUR coupon right away on November 5th!!![/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you were told that every PUR member gets the coupon on November 5th? Still makes no sense to roll it out on different dates.

[quote name='roedaniel19']So let me get this straight, you were told that every PUR member gets the coupon on November 5th? Still makes no sense to roll it out on different dates.[/QUOTE]

Some ppl take this shyt way too seriously.

I do not think is random. I have their silver card and i got a coupon. I really dont spend money in gamestop. so I really think is for their rewards pro members

[quote name='boogie4114']My assessment to as why I received a coupon is because I bought a PS3 Superslim last month during the 100% trade-in and it would make sense for them to want to promote Sony published titles after that purchase. If any others who got the coupon also purchased a PS3 recently that may be the reason for the triggering of this offer.

Now I'm not saying that they shouldn't have sent it to all PUR members but that's how I'm viewing it as to why some got it and others don't.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a superslim as well and didn't get the coupon.

[quote name='nixmahn']Some ppl take this shyt way too seriously.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It started out as a rumor/leaked info on a Web site by someone who isn't a GS rep that obviously didn't have all the specifics.

I can understand if GS announced it was for everyone and then changed it at the last minute. I didn't even get the coupon, have enough credit where I wouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket.. but it isn't a big deal. Black Friday is around the corner.

[quote name='nixmahn']Some ppl take this shyt way too seriously.[/QUOTE]

So me asking for clarity and confirmation means I am taking something too seriously?

I called their Customer Service and was eventually told that "it is for customers who have met a certain criteria."

And that they will announce the criteria once the sale is featured on their front page, in the coming days. As well as email the people who qualify

So it doesn't matter if you are Pro/Free, you will need to have met some specific buying criteria. I've seen a few coupon winners say they recently bought a PS3 Slim.. but it's got to be something more reasonable than that.

my email:
Hi,

Some friends of mine have an "active offer" in their powerup rewards
account for half off a bunch of PS3 games. Is there some reason why I
didn't get this offer? I would love to pick up some of these games at such
a great price.

yourlefthand
their response:
Dear yourlefthand,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

We apologize for this inconvenience but it seems like we have been sending you the promotions chosen for you. Unfortunetly atthe moment you dont have any available but remember, when we have a promotion available soon you will be noticied.

If you have additional questions, we are here for you. You can respond to this email, or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am ? 8pm at 800-883-8895.

Best Regards,
Jennifer C.
GameStop Customer Service
PowerUp Rewards

wonder if best buy will price match if you show a picture of the coupon thing. might be worth trying

If I don't get it I will have to make sure I don't shop at gamestop anymore, seriously the store is terrible. and aside from the odd decent sale nothing it good, plus bestbuy price matches might as well go there.

[quote name='schulerbob']I was hoping the sly collection would be on there. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that the Sly Collection is actually out of print.

I guess I was lucky to have nabbed one at Fry's for 15.00 a few weeks back.

It's probably smarter to just get the killzone 1 HD for $15 and find Killzone 2 for cheap anyway, killzone 3 is ass

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']I've heard that the Sly Collection is actually out of print.

I guess I was lucky to have nabbed one at Fry's for 15.00 a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has 9 in stock for just under 20 right now.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']I've heard that the Sly Collection is actually out of print.

I guess I was lucky to have nabbed one at Fry's for 15.00 a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Still 20 on Amazon

I was also told these are supposed to go out on Monday. I told the person that that's bullshit because people who got the coupon early could clear out the stock by that time easily but they said there's no way for them to issue the coupon to my account ( which makes the comment about me having to call on monday to get it a bit absurd if they truly lack that capability)

[quote name='roedaniel19']So me asking for clarity and confirmation means I am taking something too seriously?[/QUOTE]

reread what the guy you responded to wrote. He was trolling.

[quote name='Havok83']Man, Killzone, Jak, and Ratchet seem tempting[/QUOTE]

These 3 are the exact ones I'm interested in but no coupon yet (free PUR member). I can only hope they'll send out some more before this promo ends.

[quote name='nixmahn']reread what the guy you responded to wrote. He was trolling.[/QUOTE]

Actually, ChaosLaw just stated that he was told the same thing. No way to be 100% sure someone is trolling.

A little off topic, but I just got an e-mail from PUR about taking some surveys to earn points.. I hope this isn't there way of responding to the e-mail I sent about the coupon.

Power Up Rewards Pro member with no coupon on Central Florida. :(

[quote name='roedaniel19']A little off topic, but I just got an e-mail from PUR about taking some surveys to earn points.. I hope this isn't there way of responding to the e-mail I sent about the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I just got that email too and I haven't contacted them.

[quote name='roedaniel19']A little off topic, but I just got an e-mail from PUR about taking some surveys to earn points.. I hope this isn't there way of responding to the e-mail I sent about the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I get that email once in awhile too. Totally not connected. If you have a lot of spare time though not a bad way to earn GC's, but you need to take a lot of surveys.

bread's done
Back