Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stingermck']I was near a GS on my lunch so I went in and played dumb. Asked about some sale that started today with Sony Collections. The girl working said there was a 50% bonus trade in towards the games, but no mention of sale.[/QUOTE]

No coupon for me and I probably buy/trade once a week. I'm more interested in the 50% trade in bump as I have a few games to unload. Wonder if the system will auto apply the promo if all it takes is to buy the game. Then I'll just return the game.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Crap, it looks like they aren't doing in-store pick-up for the Killzone Trilogy.[/QUOTE]

It told me that too, go to the actual product page, and click check availability. Worked for me.

The promotion is appearing on the site, as in, it says it exists. However, when I add things to cart and go through checkout, the new price isn't reflected, despite putting in my rewards #. Something isn't working. :/

I much rather buy these online with free shipping (hoping SAVER works) then having to deal with the store and gutted copies of the games. I hope they fix it soon, soon as in now!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I much rather buy these online with free shipping (hoping SAVER works) then having to deal with the store and gutted copies of the games. I hope they fix it soon, soon as in now![/QUOTE]

Ah sweet, tried it and it applied the free shipping.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I much rather buy these online with free shipping (hoping SAVER works) then having to deal with the store and gutted copies of the games. I hope they fix it soon, soon as in now![/QUOTE]

I tried SAVER and got an X on the promotions screen, but just before the billing screen, it showed I could select value shipping for $0.00. So yes, it looks like SAVER will work. We just need the website to honor the 50% off (though I'd rather PM at BB if I can)

[quote name='roedaniel19']Ah sweet, tried it and it applied the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Question is...will it work after the 50% comes off, it might not due to the promo codes "stacking" in GameStop's eyes.

[quote name='mewman13']I tried SAVER and got an X on the promotions screen, but just before the billing screen, it showed I could select value shipping for $0.00. So yes, it looks like SAVER will work. We just need the website to honor the 50% off (though I'd rather PM at BB if I can)[/QUOTE]

The red X just means to remove it from the cart, not that it is invalid. The issue is GameStop doesn't like when you take advantage of two promotions. So the 50% off might make the free shipping invalid. It might not, but it is possible.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Question is...will it work after the 50% comes off, it might not due to the promo codes "stacking" in GameStop's eyes.[/QUOTE]

Well, there is a red x beside it, and a green check by the discount. So I'm guessing that once the discount actually does start showing up, then it probably won't work.
EDIT: I see what you're saying about the red x, sorry.

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but i'm not a Power Up member but I was gonna go sign up just to do this promotion. Do i have to be a paid Pro member to get this or can I just do the free one?

[quote name='Negronometry']Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but i'm not a Power Up member but I was gonna go sign up just to do this promotion. Do i have to be a paid Pro member to get this or can I just do the free one?[/QUOTE]

free one works

Are you guys who didn't get it the coupon get it to work? I called the store and he said it wasn't working so they can't honor it and then I called corporate and they said that only certain people who got the coupon get in on the deal.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Are you guys who didn't get it the coupon get it to work? I called the store and he said it wasn't working so they can't honor it and then I called corporate and they said that only certain people who got the coupon get in on the deal.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Gamestop is not on the same page with their corporate and retail. Nowhere on their site does it mention a coupon.

[quote name='ps360gamer']Looks like Gamestop is not on the same page with their corporate and retail. Nowhere on their site does it mention a coupon.[/QUOTE]

On the coupon it states you need the coupon for in-store. For online it SHOULD be automatic, but it isn't working right now.

I had no luck and haven't gotten a coupon either. Frustrating since I want to pick up four of these titles...

I can't even process my online order just keeps reloading my shipping address page even though it's all filled in and I just got Zero's Escape from them last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm 50% trade in bonus when buying 1 of these games being automatic, despite the 50% off having to be manually done.

[quote name='hlb96']I can confirm 50% trade in bonus when buying 1 of these games being automatic, despite the 50% off having to be manually done.[/QUOTE]

How did you get them to manually mark them down? My local store just offered to hold them and maybe it'll work tomorrow :/

[quote name='Nintendonly']Thanks, but it looks like we may not need it after all.[/QUOTE]

Did you find out another way to use it ?

I just ordered an in-store pickup for R&C, didnt get the coupon but I'm not waiting till they all get snatched up. Taking my smartphone in to show them the little message under the game that says 50% off online and in store at time of checkout. I'll report back if I am successful or if they didnt cooperate.

I just spoke to GameStop customer service, and the rep. just told me that GameStop was given credits from Sony to do this promotion and that it was leaked information that wasn't supposed to be leaked and the employee who did so is going to be penalized for it. And because of that, they have to make it available to ALL P.U.R. memebers.

Sorry Square_Triangle. :(

[quote name='jdirtybird32']How did you get them to manually mark them down? My local store just offered to hold them and maybe it'll work tomorrow :/[/QUOTE]
:
Showed them the game on their website . Their is online and in store wording describing the sale. They called another store and they were told to manually adjust the price.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']EVERYBODY CHILL OUT.
I just went instore and showed them the jak and daxter entry on their site. It mentioned the 50% off below it.
Just show this to them. Out the door for $10[/QUOTE]

I haven't posted yet today but thanks for chilling me out. I'm still pretty pissed though that I don't have a coupon. I have close to 70,000 poweruppro points right now if that gives you any indication how much I shop at Gamestop.

I'm heading out to Gamestop now because there are 6 games I want to buy. I'm sure it will be super duper simple for me to get a gamestop employee to give me a manual override on 6 games like he did for your jak and daxter game. I bet it will be very simple and easy to convince someone to do that. Thanks again for chilling us out.

Edit: Ok... maybe I should just try 1 game at first.

Got denied in store. I mentioned the website but the guy wasn't a manager and I don't think he cared. I am going to call PowerUp Rewards and see what they say, then I might try the store again with the specific language from the website ready.

The misinformation is the most annoying part about this. Called one gamestop, they said I need to be Pro member for the promotion. Called another one, they said I need to wait for the coupon. This is pretty stupid.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Got denied in store. I mentioned the website but the guy wasn't a manager and I don't think he cared. I am going to call PowerUp Rewards and see what they say, then I might try the store again with the specific language from the website ready.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the guys from my store. Exactly why I'm waiting for the price to change online; I don't wanna waste my time or gas on a 50 mile round trip for nothing.

Just called GS... I got arguably the dumbest rep ever. She has no idea what I'm saying and I keep having to explain things to her. After being put on hold for 4 times (a total of 22 minutes), I get the response that this is only for people who got the offer... even though it's on their website.

fucking chirst, first I got dicked out of my ZoE poster and now this dumb bitch.

[quote name='Negronometry']The misinformation is the most annoying part about this. Called one gamestop, they said I need to be Pro member for the promotion. Called another one, they said I need to wait for the coupon. This is pretty stupid.[/QUOTE]

PowerUp Rewards told me I needed to wait for the coupon. I don't care about waiting, but if they're all out of stock by then I'll be pretty pissed off.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Sounds like the guys from my store. Exactly why I'm waiting for the price to change online; I don't wanna waste my time or gas on a 50 mile round trip for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Luckily my Gamestop is 2 miles away, but I still don't want to waste the time if they're not going to honor it.

GameStop just sent me an email with the title "By Invitation Only". I thought it was for the coupon, but it turned out to be a survey for another 250 points. Great, GameStop.

Ugh. I hope they fix this. I never get the coupons from PUR, and in my experience with GS the coupons don't usually go to the people who actually spend money there they go to people that rarely shop to bring them into the stores again.

[quote name='Nintendonly']GameStop just sent me an email with the title "By Invitation Only". I thought it was for the coupon, but it turned out to be a survey for another 250 points. Great, GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Ha, they got me like that early. Such a cruel joke.

I'm hoping Square_Triangle only gets a slap on the wrist. If anything, this (hopefully) spurred sales, because I know how much GameStop hates to keep software collecting dust in their drawers. They want to clear out inventory the best they can, and this is one way to do it.

What's this? Because I don't see the discount and it denied CAG16:

You scored PowerUp Rewards™ Points!
clear.gif

You scored discounts on PowerUp Rewards Pro™ eligible items!

Most of these collections on sale are low stock at about every GS here in town. I hope they get this fixed fast. There just allays seems to be such a huge disconnect between the cooperate and store level. How GS continues to remain in business with these practices I have no idea.

Did in-store pickup on the Jak and Daxter and the Ratchet and Clank collections. They didn't ring up at half off, but I showed the clerk (I think he's the manager) the website ad. He made a call and checked upcoming sales and eventually did a manual adjustment for me. YMMV since it wasn't in the store system yet.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Anyone here have GCU "AND" PUR Pro and tried to price match Best Buy with the wording that's on GameStop's site?[/QUOTE]

not at a store, but I called bestbuy.com to price match, they specifically said they don't price match gamestop, which is odd.

[quote name='Unseen77']Most of these collections on sale are low stock at about every GS here in town. I hope they get this fixed fast. There just allays seems to be such a huge disconnect between the cooperate and store level. How GS continues to remain in business with these practices I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Stupid consumers keep buying into preorders/used games.

Oh, and Power-up Rewards Pro.

[quote name='hlb96']I can confirm 50% trade in bonus when buying 1 of these games being automatic, despite the 50% off having to be manually done.[/QUOTE]

Where is this +50% TIV stated with this promo?
I'll need proof as their systems is not working on the price discount. They may only give me 1 or the other if I don't give them proof.

edit: oh, anyone know if 50% off works on used versions or is it just new?

k so at mine the employees are really cool and they checked with other stores and looked up a memo for it. the memo stated that the sale begins today, while the coupon for said sale is sent out on the 5th. the 50% bump in trade towards a "collection" was working properly, and the guy just manually adjusted the price to reflect the sale for me. so in short, bring up the website on your phone, and get a good employee.

[quote name='krztov']not at a store, but I called bestbuy.com to price match, they specifically said they don't price match gamestop, which is odd.[/QUOTE]

Lol I was told the same before. The reason they gave me was because "GS was a discount retailer" since they sold used games.

I called the next day and got a different person and was able to pricematch with no hassle at all.

If you keep calling and they keep giving you hassle, I would also post on their forums.

Just got back from GS. Had their site open to the KZ Trilogy page on my phone and showed the guy when it rang up regular price. He verified it on his phone. He then looked something up on the computer and asked if i had a coupon. I of course don't and pointed out it says nothing about a coupon on their site. He agreed and read me what it said on his computer screen, which was very vague. He then called CS and after about 10 minutes was told the deal doesn't start until the 5th. He argued it's on the site now and says nothing about the 5th (or a coupon). The CS agent's response was that Joystiq leaked the info online, early. He's baffled as to how Joystiq updated their website and gives me the 50% off manually. What a mess GS!!

bread's done
Back