Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mewman13']After googling an unboxing video, it looks like KZ1-2 are on a disc and KZ3 is on a separate disc. I found out that you have to install KZ1 to your system and the disc is required to play (after install). It is not a voucher.[/QUOTE]

does it come with any dlc and is it on the disc or is it a voucher

They just took the banner off the pages. Was in store trying to get the deal but they wouldn't do an override. Did score a free pur pro membership for my troubles

I spent all morning trying to line up a local store that had all the games in stock and not gutted (which, BTW is impossible with Journey). (I couldn't go cause my kid was home sick.) Then when the notices went up on the items I tried online but ran into issues, so I called and would not let them off the phone until they resolved the issue. Here's that my order looks like...

Fa1wc.png

Total with tax 106.45 though I suspect it'll be lower once they ship and the tax auto-corrects.

Based on what I am seeing online...Killzone Trilogy does not come with Killzone HD as a voucher, but it is on the disc. The only voucher it comes with is the map pack. Disc 1 has Killzone HD and Killzone 2 and the 2nd disc has Killzone 3.

[quote name='AdamBlue']Is this if you pick STANDARD? Or, is it the VALUE option? (first time using coupons on GS).[/QUOTE]

Value and it only works on titles with MSRP>$25

[quote name='krztov']had best buy ready to price match finally (on the phone for the website), they put me on hold to adjust, after 10 minutes, call dropped, refresh GS page, deal gone, now i'm SOL :([/QUOTE]

the deal will be back up in a few days

Thanks to whoever originally figured out/posted the SONY50 code. Had been wanting the Ratchet collection for a while and had no problems ordering it for $14.99 + tax.

[quote name='yokofox33']Don't want to deal with this promotion in store, so I'm getting R&C online. Thanks for the code![/QUOTE]
same here. screw going in there. I got R&C and Journey (had to make 2 orders).

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the deal will be back up in a few days[/QUOTE]

yeah, but still annoying to have spent 40 minutes talking to someone from customer care, just to get disconnected then lose the deal.

Thanks guys. SONY50 and SAVER work just fine for Journey CE. Saves me the trouble of going in store and the threat of pre-orders.

[quote name='barrit']Major thanks to mitch079 for figuring out the code.. forgot to post that earlier :)[/QUOTE]

yes, major kudos. i was able to get journey, infamous, R&C, GoW, and KZ before they pulled the plug.

Welp, printed out pages when the deal was still listed on them, went in store, and got it price adjusted.

Ratchet + God Of War for 37.

Done!

[quote name='Fukurou']Okay, so how it works is that the games are 50% off AND you get 50% trade-in bonus if you trade in a game to buy one of them?[/QUOTE]
Anybody?

I'm calling my local Gamestop now, where I use to work btw speaking to my old manager, and he says that the code is not real. He called corporate and they said that the code is not suppose to work. He did say some things slip through so anything is possible.

He told me to come in tomorrow and see if the code works since I also got it. He's holding all the games for me too. Hopefully we can get it to work. I didn't read every page in this thread but to those that got it to work, was it online or in store?

Also, he said that the in store coupon physical code should only be a one time code so each one is different. The online code should work for everyone though. Gamestop's site does show some of the games as having a 50% discount for powerup rewards members but I can't get it to show up now for some reason.

[quote name='Orochi Jin']Welp, printed out pages when the deal was still listed on them, went in store, and got it price adjusted.

Ratchet + God Of War for 37.

Done![/QUOTE]

scans?

can we get some :)

[quote name='crimsonassassin']Oddly, the SONY50 code will not work for me for Infamous. It shows up as X on the side.[/QUOTE]

The X is there incase you want to remove the coupon from your order.

I just tried the coupon code and it still works. Be sure to use SAVER for free shipping.

Thanks order god of war saga. I got free shipping, but tax was 3.49 makes no sense so I will have to call after order ships to get that adjusted.

[quote name='option.iv']Thanks guys. SONY50 and SAVER work just fine for Journey CE. Saves me the trouble of going in store and the threat of pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Lol.... until the day that the website starts prompting you to preorder on your way through the 3 checkout pages...

at cart.... "Are you sure this is all you want? These games kind of suck... The new Call of Duty MW5 Black Ops Edition is coming out soon, we'll go ahead and throw it in your cart for you. Don't forget to grab the digital strategy guide for an extra $9.99, 11% off with your PUR Diamond membership. We'll also go ahead and throw the $45 season pass in there, $5 off with your PUR Diamond membership as well. And we'll take those other games out of the cart for you, you can thank us later. GameStop: Power to the Players."

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Really want this to be in store. I have over $300 in credit to spend.[/QUOTE]

Use your credit on the site?

is 15$ still a good price for Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack

and also sony50 is not working for it online

[quote name='Bazz']Thanks order god of war saga. I got free shipping, but tax was 3.49 makes no sense so I will have to call after order ships to get that adjusted.[/QUOTE]

This may vary from state to state - but it is not unusual to get charged tax for the full retail price of an order, despite any discounts that may be applied.

Such as CAGs buying cheap Guitar Hero Band sets at ToysR'Us, and paying more in tax than the cost of the item

[quote name='MikeE021286']scans?

can we get some :)[/QUOTE]

Nope, guy asked to keep them so he could talk to other stores.

Didnt have the coupon but used the code online and got free shippnig on KZ Trilogy. I got it on day 1 and will just do a return to the GAmestop I got it at and apply the extra $20 on the Wii U that I hav epre-ordered (#2 on the list).

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Lol.... until the day that the website starts prompting you to preorder on your way through the 3 checkout pages...

at cart.... "Are you sure this is all you want? These games kind of suck... The new Call of Duty MW5 Black Ops Edition is coming out soon, we'll go ahead and throw it in your cart for you. Don't forget to grab the digital strategy guide for an extra $9.99, 11% off with your PUR Diamond membership. We'll also go ahead and throw the $45 season pass in there, $5 off with your PUR Diamond membership as well. And we'll take those other games out of the cart for you, you can thank us later. GameStop: Power to the Players."[/QUOTE]

I lol'd...that was pretty good...

Well I was hoping to snag GoW Origins, Ratchet & Clank, and Jak & Daxter but I would have wanted to snag all three with free shipping to pull the trigger. Oh well.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Wait am I allowed to do that??. If I can that would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Yea you can. I'm assuming you have it on your PUR card. You will need to type in the long number and use the 4 digits under the scratch off as the PIN

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Well I was hoping to snag GoW Origins, Ratchet & Clank, and Jak & Daxter but I would have wanted to snag all three with free shipping to pull the trigger. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

GoW Origins never applied for this deal. The OP was just breaking it down for a way that you can considering the price you're paying.

You have to do it one at a time and only titles with MSRP over $24.98 will qualify for free shipping (SAVER).. so you can get Ratchet & Clank with FS, but you will have to wait on Jak & Daxter until the day the deal is suppose to go live (11/4) to get it in-store.

Wow, this thread blew up after last night, lol. Don't want to read through 30 pages so I guess just give them the code Sony50 and ill be able to get 50% off a sony collection?

I got GOW Saga, Jak and Ico/Shadow, but I'm wondering if I should've picked up Ratchet Collection, too. The only thing holding me off from that is I still have the first 2 PS3 Ratchet games I haven't really played yet. Easier to backlog Jak for $10 for a PS2 platformer than it was to get Ratchet at $15.

[quote name='CaoPi']Wait so what is the coupon, code free shipping also? damn[/QUOTE]
Looks like the 50% off code is Sony50 and the free shipping is SAVER.

[quote name='barrit']Major thanks to mitch079 for figuring out the code.. forgot to post that earlier :)[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I put in an order for Journey and Ratchet. I want Jak but can't get free shipping since it costs under $25. Hopefully, this becomes active in store soon.

via Gamestop site:
Coupon SONY50 - PUR Member Receive 50% off 1 select Sony Title with coupon. Expires 11/14/2012.

Coupon SAVER - Free Value Shipping on purchases of $24.99 or more. Exclused Consoles and Laptops. Other Restrictions may apply. Expires 12/31/2012.

So when I wrote my last post, I was actually in my car debating whether I should go back in, buy the game, then get a refund-rering come Monday when we're all supposed to get the coupon. I went back in and even though I didn't want to order online, I did. I did it on my phone (NOTE: coupons do not work on Mobile site!) I got all the way to the screen before you press the last button to place order and I showed both the guy and the girl the screen and coupon codes and my total which was $17.XX (CA tax). Their face wasn't happy or surprised, just kind of pissed off maybe that I was in the store again. :/ hopefully at least they learned to tell people with the same questions as me to just go online and use the two coupon codes, cause if you don't have the coupon, the game will get to your place come Monday or Tuesday (if you didn't choose the SAVER shipping) still though, not worth the time and trouble going because unless you get super chill people who know the site can't lie, they won't even care.

[quote name='barrit']Yea you can. I'm assuming you have it on your PUR card. You will need to type in the long number and use the 4 digits under the scratch off as the PIN[/QUOTE]

There is a text entry box right in the middle of the final checkout page for giftcards. You can add more than one.

[quote name='DarkClown12']coupon is working for me but one game at a time[/QUOTE]

Same for everyone else since SONY50 works on only one eligible game per order. A shame GS goofed this promo, I would have picked up J&C and maybe one or two others but shipping of $3.49 per title kills the deal a little. Killzone and R&C for half off with free econ shipping is fine by me though!

Hmmmm not sure if I want to go through with this now. I wanted to get the ICO collection and was going to give up on it due to the coupon thing. However the SONY50 code and Saver code renewed my interest. I just walked out of GameStop after I signed up for a new rewards card and went to purchase it online, only to realize that the saver code does not work since its under $20 so after shipping and tax the total is over $15. I know it's $5 but at that point it's only $5 off retail and I can wait for some other discount.

Neat, Sony50 worked and I get free shipping on R&C, though as someone else mentioned I'm paying double the tax. Oh well, my extra $1.30 is the cost of the time/gas I saved trying to deal with CS and then driving to the store I suppose.

[quote name='jetsaredim']I spent all morning trying to line up a local store that had all the games in stock and not gutted (which, BTW is impossible with Journey). (I couldn't go cause my kid was home sick.) Then when the notices went up on the items I tried online but ran into issues, so I called and would not let them off the phone until they resolved the issue. Here's that my order looks like...

Fa1wc.png

Total with tax 106.45 though I suspect it'll be lower once they ship and the tax auto-corrects.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't too wise on their part...most likely allows one to return the full price games for full return value, and keep the free discounted ones.

bread's done
Back