Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed an order this morning for Jak Collection for in-store pickup. Glad I did it when I did, because it was the only copy left in the store. After work, I went to the store to grab it. When the guy pulled it and scanned it, I told him about the promo (even showed him the GS page that mentions the 50% off deal on my phone). Some head scratching later (and with no help from his computer), he just manually entered the promo, and I got out the door with the game for about $10.60 with tax. Thankfully it all worked out without having to bitch and moan to upper management. Thanks to everyone today for the continuous updates.

Thinking about trading in my ps2 copies of God of War 1 and 2 along with God of War 3 and God of War Chains of Olympus for some credit (however little it may be) towards God of War Saga. Can you play the digital versions of the two psp games on Vita? Trying to figure out which route is better: getting the Saga Collection or getting the 1+2 Collection and Origins Collection.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']Since I was already in the area, I dropped by there today.

I got ICO/Jak/Journey and went to the register where it rang up for about $75. Then I mentioned they were 50% off. I was told this was their 50% which received a laugh and "No, it isn't" from me. Then I showed him the ad (on my phone) and was told it was "In-Store Pick Up" only. After telling him to try reading it again, he check the other computer and spent about 15 minutes trying to figure it out. However, I got the games for the discount.[/QUOTE]

LOL yea I got about the same reaction. Then they kept insisting that the 19.99 was the half off price. Took about 45 min of them calling around before they were told just to mark them down. No Biggie I just played Wii U While I waited.
I picked up Jak, Ico & Ratchet. Wanted to get Journey but all they had was a gutted copy of that and they couldn't figure out how to adjust the price for an online order.

Of course now that I'm looking in my bag I've realized that they gave me Ratchet Clank All for one instead of the collection =( Guess I'll have to go back tomorrow and get that exchanged.

Ordered Journey online just now YEA! Now I picked up all the ones I wanted. Thanks OP!

Just ordered god of war saga. I almost bought a few of the god of war games but never bought any of them so im excited to get this for 20+tax!!! U just enter the promo code SONY50 and SAVER in ur shopping card and ur PUR number and the coupons magically apply.

[quote name='Alex121006']How is every body getting in on this deal ? I checked my poweruprewards account and my email, but still no coupon. ?[/QUOTE]

Sift through 30+ pages of posts, then you'll find your answer.

[quote name='david12795']damn it im not a power up member :([/QUOTE]

Ditto. Haven't even been in a Gamestop in well over a year. Amazon and Newegg get most of my business anymore.

[quote name='Zazoo']LOL yea I got about the same reaction. Then they kept insisting that the 19.99 was the half off price. Took about 45 min of them calling around before they were told just to mark them down. No Biggie I just played Wii U While I waited.
I picked up Jak, Ico & Ratchet. Wanted to get Journey but all they had was a gutted copy of that and they couldn't figure out how to adjust the price for an online order.

Of course now that I'm looking in my bag I've realized that they gave me Ratchet Clank All for one instead of the collection =( Guess I'll have to go back tomorrow and get that exchanged.

Ordered Journey online just now YEA! Now I picked up all the ones I wanted. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

they removed the 'sale banner' from the website, now i'm not sure how i'm going to get them to match it in store.

I will give you guys credit. If I did not have a coupon I most likely would have given up by now. Glad that most of you are getting the deal. Such a weird roll out for a sale.

Got in on KZ Trilogy HD, really wanted to play/pay the 1st one again to see how well they did, was willing to throw down $10 on that game alone so for another $5.50 per the other 2 games, I'd say this one worked out.

I did have to empty the cart a couple times to get SAVER to work, no way I'm paying shipping.

If this was in store with a legit coupon, I'd go crazy knocking off X-mas list gifts for people. KZ will eventually be $20 or less soon enough I think.

I'm a Power Up Rewards Pro Member and I support this message.

Just Ratchet and Clank for me, I think. I managed to get the SONY50 and SAVER codes to stack, so $16.86 total isn't bad, especially when I had some credit.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']How is everyone getting Journey to work with saver?[/QUOTE]

Are you going all the way through checkout? at the very end with the choices for shipping the first one should be 0.00
at first I thought it want working because it had a red x next to the promo when I typed it in

[quote name='boffosan']Are any of these deals live in store yet or is it managers discretion?[/QUOTE]

The latter.

[quote name='Fukurou']Has anybody had luck using SONY50 in-store?[/QUOTE]
tried, was denied. Store promo codes are different than online and usually start witn an "E"

Heh, I can't get the SONY50 to apply no matter what.:cry:

It doesn't matter whether I enter my PowerUp Rewards Pro account number or not, or whether I log into my account or do guest checkout, or use SAVER or not. Doesn't matter which of the applicable games I attempt to purchase individually or as a group.

I keep getting the following at the "submit order" screen:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:sony50 - PUR Member Receive 50% off 1 select Sony Title with coupon. Expires 11/14/2012.

[quote name='karkyco']Heh, I can't get the SONY50 to apply no matter what.:cry:

It doesn't matter whether I enter my PowerUp Rewards Pro account number or not, or whether I log into my account or do guest checkout, or use SAVER or not. Doesn't matter which of the applicable games I attempt to purchase individually or as a group.

I keep getting the following at the "submit order" screen:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:sony50 - PUR Member Receive 50% off 1 select Sony Title with coupon. Expires 11/14/2012.[/QUOTE]

Which game are you trying? It doesn't seem to be working for all of them. People seem to be having success with Ratchet and Journey but not with Jak or Uncharted.

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection

since these don't qualify for free shipping, either add $4.99 more to your cart or eat the shipping fee!

[quote name='SunCe177']Which game are you trying? It doesn't seem to be working for all of them. People seem to be having success with Ratchet and Journey but not with Jak or Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I ordered the Jak & Daxter collection with the coupon online and it worked for me

I just got KZ Trilogy & GOW Saga for $22.39 each, online! Thanks! (used SONY50 & SAVER).

That's just under $5.60 a game!

Seriously OP you need to put "for PUR Members only" in the title. I hate when I get my hopes up like this. Was really excited about ICO/SotC for $10. *Sigh*...

[quote name='SunCe177']Which game are you trying? It doesn't seem to be working for all of them. People seem to be having success with Ratchet and Journey but not with Jak or Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

I've tried it individually as well as combined with every single game in the list including all of the ones people have reported success with. Infamous bundle, GoW Saga, Killzone, Jak, Ico/SOTC, R&C.

It's all good, I've got the coupon that someone posted here along with the text overlaid that someone else posted so that it is legible as well as printouts of each of the games' web pages from when the deal was listed on the pages, so I will try in store after work.

EDIT: don't see where on the item pages it has now changed to add "*Coupon required. Valid In-Store Only". Or is that at checkout when you try to apply the coupon?

[quote name='MajinStylee']That's odd. I ordered the Jak & Daxter collection with the coupon online and it worked for me[/QUOTE]

It must just be for me then, something is wrong with my PUR it seems. I can't even log into my account for some reason at the moment.

so how do you get this in store if you didnt get the coupon in your powerup rewards account?

I refuse to buy anything online that won't let me use paypal (exception for amazon of course)

If it's not against TOS, shoot me a PM if you guys need to borrow my Power up rewards #, I don't mind getting free points!

So it does look like there is a 50% trade in bonus now towards those games.

Man the mistakes in this are kind of sad:

Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any games toward the purchase of select Sony collections. Exclusively for PowerUp Rewards members

Top Sellers
-Rachet & Clank - $39.99
-God of War Saga - $39.99
-Jack & Dexter - $19.99
-Iko Shadow of Colossus- $19.99
-Unchartered 1 & 2 - $29.99

Additional titles included
-Journey - $39.99
-Infamous - $39.99
-Killzone - $39.99

I count at least 2 typos and an incorrect price from the official website.

how much time do i have to cancel an order? i want to lock in ratchet and journey online in case i cant get the 50% off in-store, in which case the trade in would be irrelevant.

[quote name='CaoPi']If it's not against TOS, shoot me a PM if you guys need to borrow my Power up rewards #, I don't mind getting free points![/QUOTE]

There was a user a few pages back asking if anyone was willing to lend out their PUR#.

[quote name='CaoPi']If it's not against TOS, shoot me a PM if you guys need to borrow my Power up rewards #, I don't mind getting free points![/QUOTE]

Is Pro-membership required?
If the coupon is on your account, its multiuse and I copy of that, sure. Sounds good.

It isn't working for me for Clank either. I'm figuring you need to be a member regardless of the code being available in the OP.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Is Pro-membership required?
If the coupon is on your account, its multiuse and I copy of that, sure. Sounds good.[/QUOTE]

My Pro membership expired in the middle of October but I was just able to get an order in for Journey with SAVER stacked, so as long as you're a PUR member I think it should work.

[quote name='GamingKnight']It isn't working for me for Clank either. I'm figuring you need to be a member regardless of the code being available in the OP.[/QUOTE]

You have to do the games one at a time.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']You have to do the games one at a time.[/QUOTE]

R&C was the only item in my cart, so that's not it. Unless there's something else I'm missing, I'm figuring Gamestop put a check that only members can use these coupons. I'll ask my brother if his account is still good and test it out that way if it is.

For PUR Members having trouble at checkout online, type in your PUR card number above the promo spot. Finally got it to work for me by doing so. Also, don't forget to put in SAVER for free shipping!

fuck it looks like getting this to work in store won't happen. got SONY50 & SAVER to stack for both Journey and Ratchet n Clank (seperate orders) and that's the two I want for sure. will think about few of the others. probably trade AC3 back to BBY. no biggie.

[quote name='GamingKnight']R&C was the only item in my cart, so that's not it. Unless there's something else I'm missing, I'm figuring Gamestop put a check that only members can use these coupons. I'll ask my brother if his account is still good and test it out that way if it is.[/QUOTE]

I dont know what to tell you then. I have PUR cord, R&C is the only thing in my cart, I dont know what you are missing.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So it does look like there is a 50% trade in bonus now towards those games.

Man the mistakes in this are kind of sad:

Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any games toward the purchase of select Sony collections. Exclusively for PowerUp Rewards members

Top Sellers
-Rachet & Clank - $39.99
-God of War Saga - $39.99
-Jack & Dexter - $19.99
-Iko Shadow of Colossus- $19.99
-Unchartered 1 & 2 - $29.99

Additional titles included
-Journey - $39.99
-Infamous - $39.99
-Killzone - $39.99

I count at least 2 typos and an incorrect price from the official website.[/QUOTE]

-Jack & Dexter
-Iko Shadow of Colossus
-Unchartered

All wrong....good job GS, great sale ruined every step of the way by their incompetence!

I didn't want to mess with this in store, so I just ordered Killzone Trilogy for delivery.

I live in OR so it was $19.99 even, after putting both codes in of course. Thanks again OP!

Also, during checkout at some point it went back to $39, but changed back at final checkout, so don't worry about what its saying until you are at the final confirmation.

If I get the coupon, i'll go back for Infamous in store since I traded both in when they had some ridiculous value. I already have plats on both and 100% on the DL game, but i'm sure i'll play them again one day.

bread's done
Back