Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a pro PUR member, if you guys want to use my number ask me through PM, I'm not sure if this is against TOS?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']That usually means you're banned from gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]That is not true. I kept getting a similar message. I deleted my cc under my account and haven't had a problem since.

Yeah I was trying to PM at BB and they couldnt find anything about it. I told them to call the store. Took them awhile to get a manager to override. A guy sitting at Store Pickup went on the internet and saw all the articles about it and convinced the guy ringing me up to just go through with it.

Ended up PMing everything on the list besides Jax and Daxter. My PS3 collection just got buffed.

So is this deal in store confirmed, and with or without a coupon? Really want to order R&C for $15 but would rather get it in person seeing as I can't get the SAVER coupon to work online.

Bah, I hope this goes live in store Monday. I want Jak but shipping is too much since SAVER won't work.

[quote name='mars009']How's the Journey Collection?[/QUOTE]

Journey is an awesome, surreal game. Flower is also an amazing game. But be warned, both are pretty "artsy" type games. Flow sucks regardless.

You also get some nice themes and a month of PSN+. It's an awesome deal for the MSRP of $30, even better at $15.

Uh...WOW. I leave for a few hours and this thread becomes utter chaos. :shock:

I had a pretty uneventful (read: successful with no problems whatsoever) experience at the GS I visited: I was able to get GoW Saga, Journey CE, Killzone Trilogy, and R&C Collection all for $70+tax and all shrink-wrapped. The look on the employee's face after entering my coupon code was priceless. :D

gamestop.com/ browse?nav=16k-selectsonycollections (remove space)

It is on the front page of gamestop.com now. Scroll down to "Featured Offers and Deals" it is called "50% EXTRA In-Store Credit - Sony Collections". Then when you click it the banner up top says "50% OFF Select Sony Game Collections* *=Coupon Required Offer only valid in store".

I'm mentioning this because gamestop employees are so funny, in a bad way. I showed this to one and they said sorry we aren't running any promos. Then "oh it's for online only" I point out coupon req and valid in store only, and mention SONY50 code is for online. Blank look.

Anyway, I got all I wanted online, 50% off, and free shipping. So as long as they come sealed, I'm good.

[quote name='orangecrush']That is not true. I kept getting a similar message. I deleted my cc under my account and haven't had a problem since.[/QUOTE]
They told me I was banned. I will have to try deleting my cc.

In-store success for me! The closest GS to me actually had ICO and Jak in stock, so I did an in-store reserve, and then printed out the product information page when it still had the black banner stating 50% off. By the time I got to the store, the banner had been removed online, but they took my printout as proof, and I got the 50% off the two collections, no questions. I never got the coupon via the PUR site.

Best of all? These were the first 2 games I've gotten there in YEARS that were still shrink-wrapped.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']
It is on the front page of gamestop.com now. Scroll down to "Featured Offers and Deals" it is called "50% EXTRA In-Store Credit - Sony Collections". Then when you click it the banner up top says "50% OFF Select Sony Game Collections* *=Coupon Required Offer only valid in store".

Anyway, I got all I wanted online, 50% off, and free shipping. So as long as they come sealed, I'm good.[/QUOTE]

How? I'm probably just being dense here, but I can't get this to ring up for more than one game. And it won't let me use SAVER at that.

[quote name='Kazaganthi'] gamestop.com/ browse?nav=16k-selectsonycollections (remove space)

I'm mentioning this because gamestop employees are so funny, in a bad way. I showed this to one and they said sorry we aren't running any promos. Then "oh it's for online only" I point out coupon req and valid in store only, and mention SONY50 code is for online. Blank look.

[/QUOTE]

Sam result here. They think it's online only. Wish I had the lousy coupon so I can get it in-store

[quote name='RabbitSuit']How? I'm probably just being dense here, but I can't get this to ring up for more than one game. And it won't let me use SAVER at that.[/QUOTE]

the coupon is good for 1 game per order so you have to do separate orders if you want more than 1 game. and SAVER is only good for orders $25 and up (not sure if its before or after coupon)

so ya i just want Ico but free shipping is not available to me. well maybe i will buy a filler game to get the free shipping and just return it to the store.

I ordered R&C and Journey in two separate orders and both codes, SONY50 and SAVER, applied with no issues. Still debating whether or not I want to try for the cheaper ones in store tomorrow. Great deal though!

I see, so the above user probably did something similar. Was really confused how they were able to get all of the titles with free shipping and half off.

For anyone who isn't a PUR member, have you had any success in signing up for the free PUR and then applying the codes online? I'd be in for Jak and the Ratchet collections.

Used my coupon in-store and got killzone, GoW, ratchet& clank, jak & darter, and the journey CE. Guy at GameStop gave me a hassle even though I had the coupon. He said it would only work on one, till I told him to scan it all and apply the coupon. He shut up after that. Classic case of GameStop ineptitude.

[quote name='eselv73']I don't understand why you can't sign up for their shitty rewards card online. Meh.[/QUOTE]
bc they want you to go in the store to get it and in the process GS employees will try to sell you a bunch of products. Its actualyl quite simple

Price-matched at BestBuy

Bought the games out of pocket....Took games (New in Plastic) not gutted to BB along with Receipt.

Showed CS that i had just bought games at GS showed them the 50% discount on receipt. They called the Gamestop and asked were the games still in stock and the price.

Got the price match. Payed with BB Credit

Took games back to GS (a different one) and got my cash back.

im a PUR member and i dont see any coupon or offer listed for this. im interested in the jak & daxter and ratchet collections but do i just go to gamestop, get it and i get the deal price when using my card? i got sly for $10 back when best buy had it and thats a great price. What kind of game is Journey and is it worth $15?

so i tried putting the code in online and it says the code is applied but ratchet and clank collection is listed as $30.. so half would be $15 not $10... wow im dumb, it IS $15. lol ill pass cuz itll definitely hit $10 sometime in the future. collections always do.

Picked up Gow saga and ico collection I wasn't able to buy the uncharted dual pack. It scanned full price and I reread the coupon it wasn't listed on it after all.

Went by GS employee says yes it started today, but says you cant buy anything until 11/5, he even said wow, that is stupid.

So the in store works for multiple things and can be used on multiple accounts? If so, can someone post a clear picture of the coupon and can the OP post it in the OP message.

i just want the jak collection and ico but getting it online means it is only giving me 50% off of one title and im paying tax and shipping, so it isnt really a great deal at all. booo gamestop

[quote name='eselv73']I don't understand why you can't sign up for their shitty rewards card online. Meh.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why every CAG doesn't already have a PUR membership (at least the free one). It shouldn't even be an issue whether this is PUR only or not ;).

[quote name='io']I don't understand why every CAG doesn't already have a PUR membership (at least the free one). It shouldn't even be an issue whether this is PUR only or not ;).[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't get a PUR card until recently as I don't usually shop there and didn't know they were free. I am actually surprised no one has ever asked me to sign up for the PUR card at the store.

For some reason it keeps kicking me out online with the same error message some are getting with the address is blah blah, I got them to match on one in store, but still want a couple more.

Why not just order online? I didn't see a coupon in Active Offers but got two games GoW Saga and Journey quite easily online. Use SAVER and SONY50 on each single game order.

[quote name='Arakias']Why not just order online? I didn't see a coupon in Active Offers but got two games GoW Saga and Journey quite easily online. Use SAVER and SONY50 on each single game order.[/QUOTE]

You have to pay shipping if you want the $19.99 msrp games.

[quote name='jcp42877']Personally, I've never understood the argument on physical over digital copies of games...

Many people argue that it's because "when the world of gaming goes all digital in yadda yadda years, I want to be able to pop in my game and play it, and not rely on some server to let me play what I spent MY money on!"

Bullshit. Everyone just wants a physical disc for "security" in case they DO ultimately get tired of it, and want to sell it off somewhere to make back a portion of what they originally paid. I know I'm not the only one thinking this either..

And TO that stated argument above: it's not like some major epidemic is going to happen that deletes all your downloaded games of your console. I'm sure in 20 yrs when whatever is out, you can boot up your old 360 or PS3, if it's still working respectively, and still play whatever full game download is on your harddrive.[/QUOTE]

Why do you care who prefers what and also pretend to know the reason that people want physical copies?

I'm sure many people do want copies to resell, but not all. There are tons of us on CAG who are collector's and never get rid of their games. I have nearly every game I've acquired since the 2600 days and still enjoy playing them all on the native consoles.

I will most likely be done with modern gaming once it becomes 100% DD. Collecting games is as much fun as playing them to me.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']You have to pay shipping if you want the $19.99 msrp games.[/QUOTE]

$3 for each is not that bad... I got ICO and J & D for less than $15 each... still a good deal...

Got Ratchet collection from the website. Wanted to order Jak collection, but couldn't get free shipping on that so I will wait.

using sony50 doesn't change the price in my cart, even if I only have 1 title, it still has the same subtotal.

or is that how it is supposed to be until I finish checkout?

[quote name='wfhbright']$3 for each is not that bad... I got ICO and J & D for less than $15 each... still a good deal...[/QUOTE]
Yeah but some of us are cheap enough where $3 is a big deal. That's basically a 30% markup on a $10 game!

[quote name='jetsaredim']I posted this before[/QUOTE]

That is useless as it does not include the coupon code but it does have the games included so somewhat valid if a store decides to take.

[quote name='usrevenge']using sony50 doesn't change the price in my cart, even if I only have 1 title, it still has the same subtotal.

or is that how it is supposed to be until I finish checkout?[/QUOTE]

The coupon should show that it has taken effect on the payment page. If it is not showing up, make sure you are entering the code in all CAPS.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']The coupon should show that it has taken effect on the payment page. If it is not showing up, make sure you are entering the code in all CAPS.[/QUOTE]

thank you, never bought anything from GS online

If you're trying to use the coupon that has been posted, it comes up at GameStop as already used. I figured I'd try, no luck. Couldn't PM at Best Buy either as they said they don't PM coupons.

bread's done
Back